ROTJ Luke vs. TPM Obi-Wan (READ THE FIRST POST!!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkNemesis
I am fully aware that there are quite a few ROTJ Luke vs. TPM Obi-Wan threads on who would win in a fight, but now let's look at their personalities. Both were in their twenties, both were fairly cool, level-headed, grown-up and also a bit brash, having tapped into the dark side to defeat their opponents. And both would easily trample over AOTC Anakin in terms of personality as well. So who do you think has the better personality and why?

Hello Friend
ROTJ Luke.

OT characters > PT "characters"

((The_Anomaly))
Luke was always slightly annoying and whiny in ANH and ESB, he was cool in ROTJ however, but I like Obi-Wan a lot more as a character...So..

Obi-Wan

vpokdekjyafmidp
yeah, luke was an idiot for going after vader

MC Spartan
Yup. I think Obi is cooler.

Wesker
Obi-Wan Christ.
http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/1121/matureobiwan9vn.jpg

IKC
Obi-Wan Keninja.

Arker
Kenobi.

TPM Kenobi>AotC Anakin>RotJ Luke

Simple, no?

DarkNemesis
you actually think AOTC Anakin has a better personality than ROTJ Luke?

Darth_Glentract
I liked how in charge of things Luke seemed most of the time in ROTJ, but Obi-wan is the better character overall.

Fishy
Obi Wan pwns Luke.. I mean he's Obi Wan. He's the greatest Jedi eva.

PurpleSaber
Obi-Wan is a lot cooler than I wanna go to the toshi station to pick up some power converters! Skywalker.

jollyjim311
I say Luke is the cooler character. Up until "General Kenobi" and the Mysterious Hermit, Ben, Luke is cooler. Episode 3 and 4 Ben kick ass, and are about as cool as Luke "ROTJ Force Choke" Skywalker.

Lord Mader
Originally posted by vpokdekjyafmidp
yeah, luke was an idiot for going after vader

Luke went after vader makes him stupid? why? didn't luke beat the shit out of him?

Luke was whiny? I don't remember that

Luke wins of course Luke did beat Vader with little training.....

TPM OBI isn't even close to beating Vader...

Luke wins, even though we don't like him for some reason, probably because how he looks.

Darth Traya
Yep, I mean, Vader wasn't conflicted in his killing of Luke. Yep, Vader never threw the fight...

"But Uncle Owen! I wanted to go into the Tochi station to pick up some power converters!"

Read my first response...

He has a far better chance of beating Vader than Luke...

I sense Lord Fanboy is in dangah...

Lord Mader
Yea, they sensed he was in danger, but he really wasn't >.>

Darth Traya
Yes he was, oh yes he was...

http://home.comcast.net/~phantomlord13666/pwned.jpg

Silent Carnage
He has a far better chance of beating Vader than Luke...

To be fair, Luke was the only person less powerful than Vader who could effectively destroy him (or save him). Obi stands a better chance power-wise... but Yoda sent Luke out there for a reason.

Arker
Wait, you're saying Luke was level-headed? Did you even glimpse at the Vader vs. Luke fight? Luke was a mad man. In the Obi-Wan vs. Maul fight, there wasn't an instant where Obi-Wan let his anger get the best of him.

Anyways, Obi-Wan was pretty quiet in TPM. He was kind of cooler too. Obi-Wan has a better personality.

Silent Carnage
In the Obi-Wan vs. Maul fight, there wasn't an instant where Obi-Wan let his anger get the best of him.

Uh, watch the end of the fight... Right after Qui-Gon gets killed.

Arker
Watch it again. Watch his moves. Luke was swinging his saber like Ray Charles at the batter's plate. Obi-Wan was at least keeping stable moves.

Silent Carnage
Because he's more skilled. The anger is still there.

Arker
Obi-Wan was angry, but he was never using it as a weapon. Luke thought he could reside on his anger, just like his father.

Faunus
Obi-Wan never used his anger? He was trying to slash Maul apart after he killed Qui-Gon. He had form, sure, but so did Anakin against Dooku and Obi-Wan; they're better.

Akechi Misuhide
Obi WTFpwns over whiny ass Luke.

Wesker
Originally posted by Arker
Watch it again. Watch his moves. Luke was swinging his saber like Ray Charles at the batter's plate. Obi-Wan was at least keeping stable moves.

Stealing this quote.

PurpleSaber
Originally posted by Arker
Watch it again. Watch his moves. Luke was swinging his saber like Ray Charles at the batter's plate.
laughing This has to be the funniest thing I've ever seen on KMC.

Arker
Originally posted by Wesker
Stealing this quote.

Really? The closest thing I've heard to that was "like Hellen Keller at a pinata party".

Wesker
I had some witty analogy for it, but that was months ago. I don't remember what it was.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.