Black Slavery / White People

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Slavery, the practice of keeping people in forced servitude against their will and owning them as property.

It was a dark period in American history. A time, not to long ago, where Blacks were for forced to work for free, in cold blood, for white people, for hundreds of years, in America a.k.a. "The Land of the Free", until they were "freed" in the late 1800's only to get the snots kicked out of them daily throughout the 60's for having a naturally different skin color on their body that was not white. That was just 45 yrs ago, when it was illegal for a non-white guy to only look at another white woman. Indeed. The U.S Government (white people) passed a law to make it a criminal felony punishable by long term imprisonment with the possibility of the death penalty by hanging, to look at another white girl/woman just 45 yrs ago in this country, the U.S.

But I digress cause it's even said that had freed slaves been allowed to possess and retain even the meager amount of compensation granted to them by the U.S Government for centuries of free labor, their descendants might now control a much larger share of American social and monetary wealth just as mostly all white people do in the U.S.

Forced African slavery labor that white people enjoyed and profited from in the U.S. are estimated at $777 Trillion from about 1509 to about 1865.

"I always thought that being White is like always having 5 bucks. And being Black is like being 50 cents short. (Damn! I'm short again...)"

- Comedian Chris Rock

Makedde
Laws were horrible then...I don't know what it was like here 45 years ago...

meep-meep
I suppose a lot can change in 45 years, but the drive for accumulating wealth into the pockets of a few hasn't changed. It's just now people in other countries are working for next to nothing. Pure capitalism is a nifty, ever changing thing isn't it?

Bardock42
What is your point?

botankus
You know, you can buy Social Studies term papers on the Internet. It will save you a lot of trouble (and us 1 less thread).

soleran30
ugh white people didn't invent slavery they just profited off of it.......now back to slavery go attack the people that made it possiblesmile

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Bardock42
What is your point?

lol point? There is no point..

Just like there wasn't any point in American Slavery.

My message was merely an informative one only for the sole sake of the consideration of any interested reader.

It came as a epiphany so I sought out more on the subject and I thought I just thought I'd mention it for the sake of enlightenment for those that were curious. Could be anyone.

Bardock42
Your intentions were honourable but...it is the General DISCUSSION Forum....

Gregory
"White people." "Black people." You know that Africans ("black people"wink often sold other Africans (also "black people"wink into slavery, right? Don't be simplistic.

~dorkerina~
You're the racist one now.

I'm white, but I've never had anything to do with slavery. Neither have you. So I'm not going to pay you for it as your implying I sould. If we all insited on being compensated by the government for wrongs done to our ancestors there would just be a lot of trouble. (mine were forced off their land by mobs backed by a govenor, even though it was completely illegal according to the constitution)

And Gregory brought up a good point. Did you know that half (if not more) of the people sold into slavery where sold by their own poeple. Without waring tribes bringing prisoners from other tribes, a lot of slaves would not have been reached.

But don't get me wrong. Slavery was one of the worst injustices forced upon any person. I hate the fact that it happened, and I'll do everything I can to keep it from happening again if it ever comes up.

But lets stop the social devide it's memory is fostering. If you keep blaming people who have nothing to do with the wrong, and creating a gap between black and white citizens because of it like you (and other people) are, the injustice will never be righted. I'm not saying forget it ever happened (that would be worse), I'm just saying stop acting like we did it.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by botankus
You know, you can buy Social Studies term papers on the Internet. It will save you a lot of trouble (and us 1 less thread).

You know, I never knew Black Slavery was in a Social Studies book. History, yes but Social Studies never. Learned something new.

And na..I'll let you continue buying school notes on the Net for all your classes. I didn't know you could buy something as simple to do, as a Social Studies paper on-line. Either way, I had no trouble in creating this thread.

And my having wasted your time is not important to me.

Bardock42
I think White Slavery is just as bad as Black Slavery....

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by ~dorkerina~
Your the racist one now.

I'm in no way a racist. How ignorant would it be for me to hate another person merely on the hue of their skin. Please.

If i'm gonna hate anyone it's gotta be for something much more serious than a different skin pigmentation.

It's funny how people blurt out "Your a racist!", so loosely.

FistOfThe North
I think White Slavery is just as bad as Black Slavery....

Hm. Tall me a little bit more about "white slavery". I've heard about it. enlighten me. Of course I'll find out more about it myself but for now tell me.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Gregory
"White people." "Black people." You know that Africans ("black people"wink often sold other Africans (also "black people"wink into slavery, right? Don't be simplistic.

I did know that. But do you think that would've stopped Whites from ripping Blacks from Africa themselves? "Black Slave sellers" or not?C'mon. I think your the one that's being too simple.

Bardock42
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Hm. Tall me a little bit more about "white slavery". I've heard about it. enlighten me. Of course I'll find out more about it myself but for now tell me.

Oh well I basically meant that White Slaves are jsut as bad as Black Slaves....Slavery is jsut a very uncool thing overall.

lil bitchiness
I am a little confused about the title of this thread ''black slavery/white people'' ?

Not all slavery has been implemented by white people on black people.

Besides, white and black is not a dychotomy when it comes to people. You don't just have one or the other. If that was the case, what category would Arabs be in? What about Middle Easteners who are dark enough not to be white and white enough not to be black.

Slavery was not only practiced in America - its still practiced today around third world and people, regardless of their skin pigmentation are being treated extreamly badly.

Also - Social Sciences are ALL about the so called ''race''. Sociaology is all about gender, 'race' and class - From Eurocentralisation to Slavery - its all Sociology.

Gregory
I did know that. But do you think that would've stopped Whites from ripping Blacks from Africa themselves? "Black Slave sellers" or not?C'mon. I think your the one that's being too simple.

Who knows. Not you, not me, because nobody knows what would have happened if, hundreds of years ago, people had done something different. It would have probably slowed it down.

powerfulone1987
God, that picture is awful..

is it comprehensible.....

soleran30

Yeah know its just something at the end of the day to tie to whites vs blacks. I certainly don't hear the outcry from black people screaming about black slave owners.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by lil bitchiness

Roughly, 90% of it was

soleran30
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
Roughly, 90% of it was

Thats a fairly large number 90% are you sure of that.......................cuz 42.6% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I sincerely doubt that 90% of slavery is due to white slavers. White slavers has more documentation then black slavers however black slavers don't write about it now do theysmile

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by soleran30
Thats a fairly large number 90% are you sure of that.......................cuz 42.6% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Really? Elaborate

FistOfThe North
I am a little confused about the title of this thread ''black slavery/white people'' ?

Also - Social Sciences are ALL about the so called ''race''. Sociaology is all about gender, 'race' and class - From Eurocentralisation to Slavery - its all Sociology.

Confused? I'll explain.

The titled this thread is "Black Slavery / White People" because that was the topic I wanted to generally discuss. Black Slavery in North America. And who were the main characters in this play "black slaves and white people" I know there was slavery all around the world and different times till today, but that's not what my thread is about. It doesn't read "Slavery" If that were the case then you'd have a point. But I narrowed it down.

And I never mentioned anything about "all slavery" being an implemented by whites. I will say that probably , during those times, practically every black slave owner in the U.S was a white person.
And sure forced bondage is a social issue but I'd rather look at it from a historical perspective.

FistOfThe North
Yeah know its just something at the end of the day to tie to whites vs blacks. I certainly don't hear the outcry from black people screaming about black slave owners.

You lost me. Exactly what is just something at the end of the day to tie whites vs black?

What. The mention of Black slavery by whites. Free work for half a millenia?

First of all, i never even really heard all that much about black salves owners as much as I have about white slave owners. They were obviously in too insignificant of a category in comparison the white slave owners that it would be ridiculous to even bring it up. I've never head whites or Blacks talk about Black slave owners. And to tell you the truth, I've never even heard of a Black Slave owner in the U.S. Not saying it didn't happen, just never I've never heard of such a case in my life.

soleran30
You lost me. Exactly what is just something at the end of the day to tie whites vs black?

First of all, i never even really heard all that much about black salves owners as much as I have about white slave owners. They were obviously in too insignificant of a category in comparison the white slave owners that it would be ridiculous to even bring it up. I've never head whites or Blacks talk about Black slave owners. And to tell you the truth, I've never even heard of a Black Slave owner in the U.S. Not saying it didn't happen, just never I've never heard of such a case in my life.

There are black slave owners in Africa to this day! I mean now just because we write bigger better books doesn't mean we are the only guilty party.

Anyway I wouldnt say the work was free, slaves were purchased and that has cost. Just there are slaves to this day and they aren't in USA look around and hit up google.

LiveAndLetDie
What about the Egyptians enslaving Jews? Most Jews are white and a lot of Egyptians are black. And what about jews being enslaved at work camps in the 30's and 40's? It's funny that people always talk about the injustice that has been brought onto African Americans but these same people don't even mention what the Jews have went through. Don't say that there have never been white slaves, or one race enslaving it's own kind. It's not common, but it does happen.

Btw, for anyone who may be confused, Judiaism is a RELIGION, not a RACE.

Darth Macabre

The first slave on American Soil is reported to have been in 1526. That was in a Spanish settlement, which is located in present day South Carolina...Which is not even 500 years ago today...So your timing is off by 200 years.

Second, there were Black Slave owners fighting in the Civil War...They were mostly located in Louisiana.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by LiveAndLetDie
What about the Egyptians enslaving Jews? Most Jews are white and a lot of Egyptians are black. And what about jews being enslaved at work camps in the 30's and 40's? It's funny that people always talk about the injustice that has been brought onto African Americans but these same people don't even mention what the Jews have went through.

Don't say that there have never been white slaves, or one race enslaving it's own kind. It's not common, but it does happen.

What about Egyptians enslaving Jews? Then create that thread then. I created this one with a specific topic in mind. I would've been okay to bring up pre-exodus slavery had the thread was titled "Slavery", which it isn't.

Jew's being enslaved in the 30's and 40's? lol for what a decade? a decade and a half tops? Your comparing that to 500 years? lol

And who said there weren' any white slaves? I sure didn't if your accusing me which looks like it. If you have proof of my saying that whites were never slaves, please post it..

FistOfThe North
Anyway I wouldnt say the work was free, slaves were purchased and that has cost. Just there are slaves to this day and they aren't in USA look around and hit up google.

lol what are you talking about? Black Slaves worked for free for white for 500yrs in the U.S.. No pay was involved. They were not compensated. They were human cattle. A product. Property. It cost the (Masters) slave owners money to buy Black slaves (people) but the owner made it back 10 times 1 one yr.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
The first slave on American Soil is reported to have been in 1526. That was in a Spanish settlement, which is located in present day South Carolina...Which is not even 500 years ago today...So your timing is off by 200 years.

Second, there were Black Slave owners fighting in the Civil War...They were mostly located in Louisiana.

You're telling me I was off 200 years. The first Black slave set foot in Virginia in the early 1500's and American Slavery supposedly ended in 1865.

How did you come up with my being of 200 years??

Black slave owners? Didn't a person have to be affluent and own land and property? I strongly disbelieve that Blacks during American Slavery owned land. Because to have slaves is to have land. (a plantation). It was illegal for Blacks to even read imagine owning property like land or a house and other slaves. c'mon.

Darth Macabre
You're telling me I was off 200 years. The first Black slave set foot in Virginia in the early 1500's and American Slavery supposedly ended in 1865.

How did you come up with my being of 200 years??

Black slave owners? Didn't a person have to be affluent and own land and property? I strongly disbelieve that Blacks during American Slavery owned land. Because to have slaves is to have land. (a plantation). It was illegal for Blacks to even read imagine owning property like land or a house and other slaves. c'mon.

First of all: Learn your facts. I gave you the year the first slave was on North American soil; 1526. And it was not Virginia. The Virginia colony was settled in 1607. Now back to the 500 year thing, Slavery was abolished in 1865. You're saying 500 years of slavery. 1526 to 1865 is not 500 years. You are simply making things seem longer then what they really are to suit your needs.

Frederick Douglas was one of the greatest Orators of all time. Being an Ex slave didn't stop him from marking his place in history now did it? Tell me, if a man who was an ex slave can become one of the leading minds in 1800's why can't another ex slave earn enough money to buy his family from their "owners"? Some didn't stop there however, some even bought others to work on their land.

LiveAndLetDie
Can you just point out all the mass killing of black people? Were black people made to get gassed, or lined up and shot into mass graves in the nude, with no dignity left? Did they constantly have to smell burning human flesh of there families? No. The Jew weren't just enslaved, but imprisioned and literally killed by thousands. The Jews went through way more in those few years than Africans went through in 200. Did the Africans go through more in a longer period of time? Yes. But the Jews have been enslaved a lot too, and just because I didn't mention it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

finti
or math

Bardock42
Originally posted by LiveAndLetDie
What about the Egyptians enslaving Jews? Most Jews are white and a lot of Egyptians are black. And what about jews being enslaved at work camps in the 30's and 40's? It's funny that people always talk about the injustice that has been brought onto African Americans but these same people don't even mention what the Jews have went through. don't say that there have never been white slaves, or one race enslaving it's own kind. It's not common, but it does happen.

Btw, for anyone who may be confused, Judiaism is a RELIGION, not a RACE.

Wait, wait...are you saying that the Jews don't get their fair share of attention? What the.... they got a whole country as reparations and some still use the victim role whenever they can....yes they weer persecuted for a good 2000 years but the African Americans have exactly the same right to complain...this shouldn't be a Jews vs. Black Slaves thread....both had enough harm done to them (just that Jews today are much better off (generally) than Black Americans...)

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by finti
or math

Or the use of capitalization. Black Slavery's been since before American slavery but that's off topic. Virginia was settled in the 1600's but Englishmen first stepped foot on U.S. soil in the early 1500's with slaves.

And as for Jews, I laugh at the way people pathetically compare the Jewish Holocaust in Germany to Black Slavery in the U.S. I'd rather go through a decade and a half of the indignities Jews went through than 400 or 200 or 100 years of no freedoms. Working for free and going to prison for learning to read or merely glancing at a white person.

Bardock42
Or the use of capitalization. Black Slavery's been since before American slavery but that's off topic. Virginia was settled in the 1600's but Englishmen first stepped foot on U.S. soil in the early 1500's with slaves.

And as for Jews, I laugh at the way people pathetically compare the Jewish Holocaust in Germany to Black Slavery in the U.S. I'd rather go through a decade and a half of the indignities Jews went through than 400 or 200 or 100 years of no freedoms. Working for free and going to prison for learning to read or merely glancing at a white person.

Woah, woah....what's wrong with you people.....the Holocausrt as well as Slavery are not a nice Chapter....why argue what was more "horrible"...oh, and jsut for the record, Jews were persecuted for more than just the 15 years in the early mifd 20th century....

lil bitchiness
Roughly, 90% of it was

Untrue.

The fact that you view the world from an American point of view, does not make slavery statistics any better. Arabs were and still are notorious for slavery.

Confused? I'll explain.

The titled this thread is "Black Slavery / White People" because that was the topic I wanted to generally discuss. Black Slavery in North America. And who were the main characters in this play "black slaves and white people" I know there was slavery all around the world and different times till today, but that's not what my thread is about. It doesn't read "Slavery" If that were the case then you'd have a point. But I narrowed it down.

And I never mentioned anything about "all slavery" being an implemented by whites. I will say that probably , during those times, practically every black slave owner in the U.S was a white person.
And sure forced bondage is a social issue but I'd rather look at it from a historical perspective.

Because you didnt specify ''North America'' it has lead me to believe that what you have wrote talked aboiut black slavery and white people in general.

I am white - not ''American or West Europien'' white, and since my people were slaves themselves for 500 years and have never at any point in history taken single black person for a slave, i found statement extreamly untrue.

Confusion seems cleared now though.

Blue nocturne
slavery is a sad part of human history, There is no difference between black slavery and white slavery it's the same thing.

Blue nocturne
Roughly, 90% of it was

jawdrop You're can't be serious.

Grand Moff Gav
lol point? There is no point..

Just like there wasn't any point in American Slavery.

My message was merely an informative one only for the sole sake of the consideration of any interested reader.

It came as a epiphany so I sought out more on the subject and I thought I just thought I'd mention it for the sake of enlightenment for those that were curious. Could be anyone.

Slavery did have a point! Money!

D-Double
Originally posted by Grand Moff Gav

Slavery is about power. Money is a side-effect.

Bardock42
Originally posted by D-Double

Power is about money though.

Grand Moff Gav
It all comes down to money! Power is a side-effect of money NOT the other way around. Remember that!

Bardock42
It all comes down to money! Power is a side-effect of money NOT the other way around. Remember that!

Power can absolutely exist withot money....

Inspectah Deck
Untrue.

The fact that you view the world from an American point of view, does not make slavery statistics any better. Arabs were and still are notorious for slavery.

Who's talking about Arabs?

I was referring to the 1800s in America. Nearly all slaves back then were black

D-Double

I see you trying to assert your power over me in your reply. I'm saying that slavery is about taking the power away from another... usually for money or pleasure or conquest or whatever. But it's man's weird obsession with dominating things that makes slavery more about power than anything else.

It's about putting the fear of death into someone, unless they do exactly as you say. I think everyone wants more money. But to enslave something takes a hatred, or even worse, a lack of acknowledgement as a worthy being.

*power-trip* ... and don't yell at me again. no expression

Quiero Mota
Fist, why do you start so many black/white threads? Just wondering.

Tu eres Dominicano, guey.

Quiero Mota

Gav is right, homes. The entire Southern economy was dependant on slavery. Power is the side-effect.

D-Double
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Gav is right, homes. The entire Southern economy was dependant on slavery. Power is the side-effect.

He said that the point of slavery is money.

I believe the point of slavery is power. But he's entitled to his opinion.

FistOfThe North

Na.. Slavery was pointless. It shouldn't of happened. Breathing has a point. Getting a job has a point. Speaking the truth has a point. Wearing clothes has a point. Slavery had the hellish objectives it had but owning people as property and forcing them to work for free was naturally pointless. I'd equate slavery with ignorance more than with having a point.

Bardock42
Na.. Slavery was pointless. It shouldn't of happened. Breathing has a point. Getting a job has a point. Speaking the truth has a point. Wearing clothes has a point. Slavery had the hellish objectives it had but owning people as property and forcing them to work for free was naturally pointless. I'd equate slavery with ignorance more than with having a point.

Well, if it haven't had a point people wouldn't have done it, now would they?

FistOfThe North
Well, if it haven't had a point people wouldn't have done it, now would they?

The objective was to make money by having others work free under a cloak of imminent fear. The whole thing was pointless. All it did was snowball into the hate between races we have today. Good is suppose to come out of something that has a point. Hence slavery being pointless.

Does raping and killing a 4 year old girl have a point?

Andrew Jackson (former U.S. President and slave owner) was with a friend on his plantation, overlooking his "workers" from his porch and was quoted saying to his friend quietly:

"My God. We're all going to pay for this one day."

Bardock42
The objective was to make money

Does raping and killing a 4 year old girl have a point?

Oh, there'S a point right there..guess it wasn't pointless after all.

Sure, certainly has.

soleran30
well there are no slaves in the USA today unlike Africa so some good must have come from it it just had a high cost.

FistOfThe North
Fist, why do you start so many black/white threads? Just wondering.

Tu eres Dominicano, guey.

Si soy Dominicano. Both my parents are from there and I, N.Y. I just think Black slavery was the worse thing to ever happen in the world in the last millennia. To me. In my honest opinion.

I like every race in the world. Whites, Blacks. But Black Slavery is my business because it happen to a race I'm apart of. the Human race. It's all of our business. Anything that changes the face of mankind should be our business and in our interest to be made well of aware of. I'm sure 9/11 affected Cali in some way, insignificantly or not. 9/11 happened in N.Y but the planes took of from here in Boston but it drastically affected the economy in Boston and L.A. I bet which led to a war on terrorism in Iraq. Higher gas prices in the U.S. We all interconnected with major issues that happen to humans. You have the weight of the world on our shoulders.

I know slavery is over, but still. Well, it isn't fully over and it never will be. Racism is still practiced and there is still a black slavery / white master mentality I still see that's pointless.

lol I dunno, I guess I have this superhero complex where it disgust me to my hearts' core to see the big guy picking on the small guy unnecessarily. I love people, my heritage, other peoples cultures. I'm prejudice against ignorant people though. But cool people are cool.

D-Double

Andrew Jackson (former U.S. President and slave owner) was with a friend on his plantation, overlooking his "workers" from his porch and was quoted saying to his friend quietly:

"My God. We're all going to pay for this one day."

That must have been a spooky realization.

FistOfThe North
Sure, certainly has.

There is a point in raping and killing a four year old girl, you're saying.

Can you tell me what the point is then?

Tell me. Why would you rape and kill a 4 year old girl since you find there's a point to it?..

Darth Macabre

Tell me. Why would you rape and kill a 4 year old girl since you find there's a point to it?..

Everything has a point in someones eyes, or else they wouldn't do it....In this case, it relieves the rappist of their own sick thoughts.

Bardock42
Si soy Dominicano. Both my parents are from there and I, N.Y. I just think Black slavery was the worse thing to ever happen in the world in the last millennia. To me. In my honest opinion.

I like every race in the world. Whites, Blacks. But Black Slavery is my business because it happen to a race I'm apart of. the Human race. It's all of our business. Anything that changes the face of mankind should be our business and in our interest to be made well of aware of. I'm sure 9/11 affected Cali in some way, insignificantly or not. 9/11 happened in N.Y but the planes took of from here in Boston but it drastically affected the economy in Boston and L.A. I bet which led to a war on terrorism in Iraq. Higher gas prices in the U.S. We all interconnected with major issues that happen to humans. You have the weight of the world on our shoulders.

I know slavery is over, but still. Well, it isn't fully over and it never will be. Racism is still practiced and there is still a black slavery / white master mentality I still see that's pointless.

lol I dunno, I guess I have this superhero complex where it disgust me to my hearts' core to see the big guy picking on the small guy unnecessarily. I love people, my heritage, other peoples cultures. I'm prejudice against ignorant people though. But cool people are cool.

It is a big thing....but the worst of the last millennium? there are very strong cases possible for other incidents.

A strong case would obviously be every other form of Slavery in the last millennium.

Then there was the Inquisition, The Holocaust, Soviet Gulags, Soviet Famine and Party Member killings, South Africa Massacres, Oppression of Palestine, Multiple very disgusting wars...and probably thousand of others I can't think of.....

Bardock42

Well there is no point (at least no strong point) in it for me..that's why I won't do it, but the rapist surely had a point...be it to satisfy his urges or whatever.

That must have been a spooky realization.

Good thing he didn't have to.

soleran30
It is a big thing....but the worst of the last millennium? there are very strong cases possible for other incidents.

A strong case would obviously be every other form of Slavery in the last millennium.

Then there was the Inquisition, The Holocaust, Soviet Gulags, Soviet Famine and Party Member killings, South Africa Massacres, Oppression of Palestine, Multiple very disgusting wars...and probably thousand of others I can't think of.....

Nope but you were doing a good job Bardock42smile To think the slavery in the USA being the largest travesty in the last millenium is rather short sighted especially when you step back and realize there are others that are suffering through slavery today in this "enlightened" age.

OH man and I have to say I went to the holocaust museum in Washington DC and I have never been so shocked yuck..............

Quiero Mota

Slavery isnt pointless, ese. Its very ecnomic, thats why civilizations have been practicing it throughout history.

D-Double
Good thing he didn't have to.

Well you never know. I'm sure (if there is an afterlife) it can be pretty bad for the evil ones.

Bardock42
Well you never know. I'm sure (if there is an afterlife) it can be pretty bad for the evil ones.

He wasn't actually an evil one though....just that he realized it makes him quite honest for his time.

D-Double
He wasn't actually an evil one though....just that he realized it makes him quite honest for his time.

IMO, if you have what it takes to enslave someone like that, you're evil... doesn't really matter what time period you're in. There where lots of white people back then that were against slavery.

Even evil people have epiphanies about their own evilness.

Bardock42
IMO, if you have what it takes to enslave someone like that, you're evil... doesn't really matter what time period you're in. There where lots of white people back then that were against slavery.

Even evil people have epiphanies about their own evilness.

Maybe Slavery isn't even evil...maybe being against slavery is evil.....and I don't think someone is evil for doing what they got taught every day.

FistOfThe North
Slavery isnt pointless, ese. Its very ecnomic, thats why civilizations have been practicing it throughout history.

Dude. It was pointless. We have an even stronger economy in the U.S. now with no slaves.

Slavery wasn't necessary. It was f***ing pointless. Like I said, I had objectives but to what end. At the "end" of U.S. slavery, what was accomplished? Nothing. It was pointless. All it did was brew the s*** that's happened during the next 141 years, which is exactly when Black Slavery "ended" in the US.

Not a long time ago. In fact, did you know when Larry King was a young boy he met and shook the hand of an old woman who herself met and shook the hands of Abraham Lincoln?, The then U.S. President that freed the slaves? I thought that was crazy..

Darth Macabre

Not a long time ago. In fact, did you know when Larry King was a young boy he met and shook the hand of an old woman who herself met and shook the hands of Abraham Lincoln?, The then U.S. President that freed the slaves? I thought that was crazy..

Trust me, Abraham Lincoln didn't free the slaves because he thought slavery was wrong...So it's not that crazy.

FistOfThe North
Maybe Slavery isn't even evil...maybe being against slavery is evil....

lol wow..

Just wow. See. It's still around. It's mentality. But I don't blame the descendants. Historically, it was a recent event so it's still fresh in the mind.

Bardock42
lol wow..

Just wow. See. It's still around. It's mentality. But I don't blame the descendants. Historically, it was a recent event so it's still fresh in the mind.

Well what is your arguement against it?

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Trust me, Abraham Lincoln didn't free the slaves because he thought slavery was wrong...So it's not that crazy.

You misread. I said her meeting with Abe Lincoln was crazy cause it goes to show how recent these events were.

And I should've quoted the word "freed". Honestly I don't care who "freed" them because whoever it was still made it near impossible for Blacks to live in America as U.S. citizens at that time. It took just over 100 years afterwards for blacks to have "rights" anyway.

FistOfThe North

finti
the first African slaves was in the Spanish owned parts of todays USA , the first of the African slaves to the English ruled of todays USA was in Virginia in 1619.
The Portugeese was the one to introduce the use of African slave in the Americas

England first enduring settlement in todays USA was in 1607 and Jamestown Virgina they had an unsuccesfull attempt to settle Roanoke Island in 1587
Now who was the English that set foot in Virginia on US soil in early 1500 again? and the main labour the English first brought with them was poor English indentured servants not Africans

Bardock42

FistOfThe North
I can't. Maybe, just maybe, the second definition might apply in some scenarios but also only if you interpret these definitions to fit individuals. Whih makes them subjective again, so no, I can easily state that Slavery wasn't evil, and I would be just as right with it as you are saying it was.

OK. So then easily state why you (may) think slavery wasn't evil?

Bardock42
OK. So then easily state why you (may) think slavery wasn't evil?
Cause I don't see anything that is actually evil.

Sure people were opressed, and died, and had to work hard, but when did everyone agree that it is evil to enslave others? It might be evil in my opinion, and it might even be in my, but since it wasn't in the masters I guess we can't say it was evil per se.

FistOfThe North

FistOfThe North
Cause I don't see anything that is actually evil.

Sure people were opressed, and died, and had to work hard, but when did everyone agree that it is evil to enslave others? It might be evil in my opinion, and it might even be in my, but since it wasn't in the masters I guess we can't say it was evil per se.

You don't think that's it's evil to oppress people to death, make them work hard for free for centuries? lol You're either a confederist or a masochistic sadist. One of the 2.

OK. If slavery wasn't evil it had to've been good. Cause there's only good and evil, right? You're either one or the other. You can't be both and there is no in between. It's black and white.

What I want to know from you is what you personally think wasn't evil about slavery? Or what you think a slave trader thought wasn't evil about what they were doing. Even Jefferson admitted that "We're all going to pay for this one day." He obviously thought the worst was yet to come. You don't say something as ominous as what Jefferson to a "good" situation, Bradock42.

Bardock42
You don't think that's it's evil to oppress people to death, make them work hard for free for centuries? lol You're either a confederist or a masochistic sadist. One of the 2.

OK. If slavery wasn't evil it had to've been good. Cause there's only good and evil, right? You're either one or the other. You can't be both and there is no in between. It's black and white.

What I want to know from you is what you personally think wasn't evil about slavery? Or what you think a slave trader thought wasn't evil about what they were doing. Even Jefferson admitted that "We're all going to pay for this one day." He obviously thought the worst was yet to come. You don't say something as ominous as what Jefferson to a "good" situation, Bradock42.

Didn't say that, i said it is not evil as such....I might think it is evil...but I don't own any absolute truth.

Wrong

Wait a second...did Jackson quote Jefferson or what? Do you just make up your quotes as you go along.....could you make sure who said what and when before you quote?

Well they made money from it that wasn't evil, they were able to built a good economy that wasn't evil....(I am not saying it was good, unlike you I don't see it as a Black and White thing...in fact I see i as grey....perfect grey......right in the middle)

soleran30
Fist what exactly are you attempting to convey in your discussion here?

Is it that slavery is evil?
Is it recognition of Slavery in the USA?

If Jefferson was nervous about having to "pay for this in the future." You would be correct he slept with a great deal of his slaves and apparently had several children from different slaves he had. Oh he paid.....................

FistOfThe North
Didn't say that, i said it is not evil as such....I might think it is evil...but I don't own any absolute truth.

Wrong

Wait a second...did Jackson quote Jefferson or what? Do you just make up your quotes as you go along.....could you make sure who said what and when before you quote?

Well they made money from it that wasn't evil, they were able to built a good economy that wasn't evil....(I am not saying it was good, unlike you I don't see it as a Black and White thing...in fact I see i as grey....perfect grey......right in the middle)

My Bad. Andrew Jackson was what I meant to write. Not Jefferson. That's my fault.

But I'm not making anything up or misquoting anyone or falsifying any information. I made a honest mistake in writing Jackson instead of Jefferson. Since a kid, I always confused the two alot of the time cause they were extremely similar to one another, to me. But my bad for that one.

Ok.

So, because selling drugs makes money, it isn't evil. So misleading the American consumer by using the false advertisement and deceptive business tactics that's being used 24/7 by corporations to strengthen the economy isn't evil.

I don't understand. It's as if you accept anything as face value no matter the effects and claim it as not evil. You have to take into account the benefits or malices something yields. That's what makes something good or evil. Not what something seems to be at first.

If I buy a gun to protect my home and family, I don't consider myself evil. But if I buy a gun to rob someone unnecessarily, i'm an evil mofo.

You look at it as, if a person buys a gun he is not evil, period. lol true but if he uses the gun for evil, he was already evil to begin with. Probably even just before purchasing the gun.

Look, we just have clear but solid differences in opinions. I'm not going to convince you and you definitely aren't going to make me see your view because I totally disagree with it so lets call it a stalemate because we're just going back and forth on this issue with no resolve.

Bardock42
My Bad. Andrew Jackson was what I meant to write. Not Jefferson. That's my fault.

But I'm not making anything up or misquoting anyone or falsifying any information. I made a honest mistake in writing Jackson instead of Jefferson. Since a kid, I always confused the two alot of the time cause they were extremely similar to one another, to me. But my bad for that one.

Ok.

So, because selling drugs makes money, it isn't evil. So misleading the American consumer by using the false advertisement and deceptive business tactics that's being used 24/7 by corporations to strengthen the economy isn't evil.

I don't understand. It's as if you accept anything as face value no matter the effects and claim it as not evil. You have to take into account the benefits or malices something yields. That's what makes something good or evil. Not what something seems to be at first.

If I buy a gun to protect my home and family, I don't consider myself evil. But if I buy a gun to rob someone unnecessarily, i'm an evil mofo.

You look at it as, if a person buys a gun he is not evil, period. lol true but if he uses the gun for evil, he was already evil to begin with. Probably even just before purchasing the gun.

Look, we just have clear but solid differences in opinions. I'm not going to convince you and you definitely aren't going to make me see your view because I totally disagree with it so lets call it a stalemate because we're just going back and forth on this issue with no resolve.

No problem on the quote, I heard something similar, for one of them, can't remember who it wa but still...would be interesting.

Well obviously if you buy a gun to do something evil you are evil...now here'S the problem, there is nothing evil you can do....so you are not evil either.

Selling Drugs is not evil, raping children is not, shooting people isn't..there jsut is no evil cause there is no instance to decide what evil is...actually this word "evil" is absolutely pointless....

FistOfThe North
Fist what exactly are you attempting to convey in your discussion here?

Is it that slavery is evil?
Is it recognition of Slavery in the USA?

If Jefferson was nervous about having to "pay for this in the future." You would be correct he slept with a great deal of his slaves and apparently had several children from different slaves he had. Oh he paid.....................

Well, initially my thread was merely made up to be discussed generally. I wasn't trying to convey anything but readers thought's on the topic. However, the thread did take a turn as all mostly all threads do and evil came up. But since it has now turned into talk about "evilness" then now, what I'm trying to convey is, is that slavery was evil, totally. To answer your question.

And Black Slavery needs no recognition in the U.S since it just ended, historically speaking. Precisely 141 years ago to be exact. There are humans alive today that are 120 years old. A small population but it goes to show how recently things ended. That's incredible, isn't it. Some currently living human beings in the world right now as we speak had a mother or father that lived during Black Slavery in the U.S.

So i'm pretty sure it's still fresh in the back of peoples mind, soleran30.

FistOfThe North
Well obviously if you buy a gun to do something evil you are evil...now here'S the problem, there is nothing evil you can do....so you are not evil either.

Selling Drugs is not evil, raping children is not, shooting people isn't..there jsut is no evil cause there is no instance to decide what evil is...actually this word "evil" is absolutely pointless....

Oh boy, I typo-ed again. Andrew Jackson was the person quoted not Jefferson. I saw that I made the mistake again in my last post. I'd advise anyone doubtful to look it up if they wanted to.

But there's nothing evil you can't do? lol

Evil = bad, if you didn't know. What do you mean there is no evil cause there is no instance to decide what evil is or isn't??

If I blow your brains out with a shotgun at point blank range in front of your family because you called me stupid, are you saying it was a justifiable act? That it was good? That it wasn't bad? That it wasn't evil?
Because there is no evil? Because there is nothing evil i can do?

lolol

FistOfThe North
"Because there is no Evil I can't do?" I meant.

Eis
Why is it bad or evil?

FistOfThe North
"Can", my bad "Can do" .

"Because there is nothing evil I "can do".. I was right the first time.

Sorry, had a long night with no z's.

Bardock42
Oh boy, I typo-ed again. Andrew Jackson was the person quoted not Jefferson. I saw that I made the mistake again in my last post. I'd advise anyone doubtful to look it up if they wanted to.

But there's nothing evil you can't do? lol

Evil = bad, if you didn't know. What do you mean there is no evil cause there is no instance to decide what evil is or isn't??

If I blow your brains out with a shotgun at point blank range in front of your family because you called me stupid, are you saying it was a justifiable act?

That it was good? That it wasn't bad? That it wasn't evil?
Because there is no evil? Because there is nothing evil i can do?

lolol

Well, you are confusing me, but I think it fits Jefferson much better than Jackson

That's not what I said, I said "There is nothing evil you can do"

I am aware...."bad" is pointless as well. In an absolute sense...certainly fits a purpose subjectively.

Yes

No. Yes. Yes.
Yes. Yes.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Eis
Why is it bad or evil?

lol what? Why is it bad to blow someone's brains out with a shotgun at point blank range because he called me stupid, bad?

Well. You're either being humorous, deranged or are just..challenged. You don't think it's bad for that to happen? And for that reason?

I'll have to plead the 5th. I have nothing to say to that other than a recommendation for psychiatric help. Honestly.

Eis
lol what? Why is it bad to blow someone's brains out with a shotgun at point blank range because he called me stupid, bad?

Well. You're either being humorous, deranged or are just..challenged. You don't think it's bad for that to happen? And for that reason?

I'll have to plead the 5th. I have nothing to say to that other than a recommendation for psychiatric help. Honestly.
You still haven't answered my question, why is it bad?

Bardock42

Oh I see, you say a lot but give no arguement. Just tell us why it is bad, please.

omaga

Besides, white and black is not a dychotomy when it comes to people. You don't just have one or the other. If that was the case, what category would Arabs be in? What about Middle Easteners who are dark enough not to be white and white enough not to be black.

Slavery was not only practiced in America - its still practiced today around third world and people, regardless of their skin pigmentation are being treated extreamly badly.

im black. and people in this day and age go on personality! why did u start this thread its ppl like u that make it a problem. we are all the same.

Bardock42
Originally posted by omaga
im black. and people in this day and age go on personality! why did u start this thread its ppl like u that make it a problem. we are all the same.

no expression.....could please anyone point out his mistake...I'm stunned.

Eis
Oh I see, you say a lot but give no arguement. Just tell us why it is bad, please.
Do you reckon he'll reply any time soon? stick out tongue

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis

I don't think so...we could quote lyrics instead:

Standing in line marking time-
Waiting for the welfare dime
'Cause they can't buy a job
The man in the silk suit hurries by
As he catches the poor ladies' eyes
Just for fun he says "get a job"

CHORUS
That's just the way it is
Some things will never change
But don't you believe them

They say he little boy you can't go
Where the others go
'Cause you don't look like they do
Said hey old man how can you stand
To think that way
Did you really think about it
Before you made the rules
He said, Son

CHORUS

Well they passed a law in '64
To give those who ain't got a little more
But it only goes so far
Because the law don't change another's mind
When all it sees at the hiring time
Is the line on the color bar

CHORUS

Now that is an unbelievable song...and what Tupac made of it is very good too:

I see no changes wake up in the morning and I ask myself
is life worth living should I blast myself?
I'm tired of bein' poor & even worse I'm black
my stomach hurts so I'm lookin' for a purse to snatch
Cops give a damn about a negro
pull the trigger kill a nigga he's a hero
Give the crack to the kids who the hell cares
one less hungry mouth on the welfare
First ship 'em dope & let 'em deal the brothers
give 'em guns step back watch 'em kill each other
It's time to fight back that's what Huey said
2 shots in the dark now Huey's dead
I got love for my brother but we can never go nowhere
unless we share with each other
We gotta start makin' changes
learn to see me as a brother instead of 2 distant strangers
and that's how it's supposed to be
How can the Devil take a brother if he's close to me?
I'd love to go back to when we played as kids
but things changed, and that's the way it is

Come on come on
Things'll never be the same
aww yeah

I see no changes all I see is racist faces
misplaced hate makes disgrace to races
We under I wonder what it takes to make this
one better place, let's erase the wasted
Take the evil out the people they'll be acting right
'cause both black and white is smokin' crack tonight
and only time we chill is when we kill each other
it takes skill to be real, time to heal each other
And although it seems heaven sent
We ain't ready, to see a black President, uhh
It ain't a secret don't conceal the fact
the penitentiary's packed, and it's filled with blacks
But some things will never change
try to show another way but you stayin' in the dope game
Now tell me what's a mother to do
bein' real don't appeal to the brother in you
You gotta operate the easy way
"I made a G today" But you made it in a sleazy way
sellin' crack to the kid. " I gotta get paid,"
Well hey, well that's the way it is

We gotta make a change...
It's time for us as a people to start makin' some changes.
Let's change the way we eat, let's change the way we live
and let's change the way we treat each other.
You see the old way wasn't working so it's on us to do
what we gotta do, to survive.

And still I see no changes can't a brother get a little peace
It's war on the streets & the war in the Middle East
Instead of war on poverty they got a war on drugs
so the police can bother me
And I ain't never did a crime I ain't have to do
But now I'm back with the blacks givin' it back to you
Don't let 'em jack you up, back you up,
crack you up and pimp slap you up
You gotta learn to hold ya own
they get jealous when they see ya with ya mobile phone
But tell the cops they can't touch this
I don't trust this when they try to rush I bust this
That's the sound of my tool you say it ain't cool
my mama didn't raise no fool
And as long as I stay black I gotta stay strapped
& I never get to lay back
'Cause I always got to worry 'bout the pay backs
some buck that I roughed up way back
comin' back after all these years
rat-tat-tat-tat-tat that's the way it is uhh

FistOfThe North

If you think people (especially) in this day and age only go on personality then I'm gonna have to tell you to wake up and get real.

It's people like me that make it a problem? Well I would apologize for bringing up something up as profoundly impactive as black slavery but I won't because I have a right to voice my thoughts whether people like it or not or whether they disagree or not.

I created this thread not to create problems but merely to generally discuss it because I felt like discussing it on here.

So wake up and smell the Foldgers if you think mostly everything has "changed nowadays". It hasn't. For the most part.

soleran30
it certainly didn't change all things but did change some and affirmative action was put in place............racism can still be seen and heard from all walks of life and you can see TONS of rednecks in the midwest of the USA still bold and proud of it.

lil bitchiness

I did not start this thread, for one.

Second, I find it extreamly rude and unjust of you to,
a)accuse me of 'racism' of any kind, and
b) assume certain things about me without actually having any idea about me, or about what I believe or think.

''People like me''? What kind of people are those!? You know NOTHING about me, so please spare me your insulting bullshit which implys any kind of racism!

You are black and you see that people today go on personality?!

Well then you must live in an extreamly tolerant and good part of UK, because for many black people that is not the case!
They are being denied so many things even today, and are subjected to racism, if not directly, than indirectly every single day!
I am quite interested which part of United Kingdom you come from where ALL people are so goddamned tolerant, of anyone who isn't white or British!

Blue nocturne

Wrong...

FistOfThe North

DiamondBullets
How is slavery evil/pointless?

I'm half black and Hawaiian, yet I don't see it. The reason Emperor Shi Huangdai had slaves build the Great Wall iz cuz it woulda been a lot more expensive to pay 7 million workers. Don't ya think???

Bardock42
Can you not just give one arguement why Rape is supposed to be evil?

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Eis

Mrs. Eis, I'd like for you to know that if I don't get back to you as rapidly as You want me to,it's because I do, do other things. And since I have a life, please do not worry about how fast I'll reply. You won't have to worry about my not answering any questions directed at me. I'll always answer any question as soon as possible. Thats goes for your lyrical inclined friend whose post I skipped cause it seemed just a bit too long to read on top of the fact that it was, "pointless" thing to do.

But worry not.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
How is slavery evil/pointless?

I'm half black and Hawaiian, yet I don't see it. The reason Emperor Shi Huangdai had slaves build the Great Wall iz cuz it woulda been a lot more expensive to pay 7 million workers. Don't ya think???

So don't pay the 7 million workers and become declared as one of the most inhumane Emperor's in history. Be hated by your own "beloved" people for generations and generations to come with the probability of an imminent revolution boiling in the minds and hearts of the all your men woman and children in bondage, in the country you rule, just to build a f***ing wall? lmao.

If I were Emperor I don't think I'd want this Shi Huangdai as a successor. If I could, I'd overthrow him.

soleran30
So don't pay the 7 million workers and become declared as one of the most inhumane Emperor's in history. Be hated by your own "beloved" people for generations and generations to come with the probability of an imminent revolution boiling in the minds and hearts of the all your men woman and children in bondage, in the country you rule, just to build a f***ing wall? lmao.

If I were Emperor I don't think I'd want this Shi Huangdai as a successor. If I could, I'd overthrow him.

They are communist china now remember revolt=bullet in the head.

Grand Moff Gav
He said that the point of slavery is money.

I believe the point of slavery is power. But he's entitled to his opinion.

Power can exist without slavery! But money is what divides us all. Those who hold power hold money! Look at America's Presidential Elections. The amount of money needed to gain power is enormous. Thats why the US is an Oligarchy. Slaves were not enslaved to serve as a symbol of power, but a means to provide cheap labour from which money can be made. Money to buy more slaves to make more money.

Grand Moff Gav
They are communist china now remember revolt=bullet in the head.

Tell that to the new Chinese Middle Class! China might call it's self Communist but it's really a Capitalist country under martial law.

Bardock42
Mrs. Eis, I'd like for you to know that if I don't get back to you as rapidly as You want me to,it's because I do, do other things. And since I have a life, please do not worry about how fast I'll reply. You won't have to worry about my not answering any questions directed at me. I'll always answer any question as soon as possible. Thats goes for your lyrical inclined friend whose post I skipped cause it seemed just a bit too long to read on top of the fact that it was, "pointless" thing to do.

But worry not.

I will try to post in ways that you are able to respond to then. I was assuming we all were able to read more than 50 words per post. My bad.

Capt_Fantastic

But worry not.

Eis is also a guy.

FistOfThe North
Tell that to the new Chinese Middle Class! China might call it's self Communist but it's really a Capitalist country under martial law.

haha, that is so true. I never looked at it that way. I always looked the Chinese economy in many ways. Socialist Communist, a little capitalist or a blend of all 3 but that's the best description I've every heard. "Capitalism under Martial Law"

It's vague, but a week or 2 ago I heard something about a man being imprisoned in China over something with, I think, selling and the "Yahoo" site. It's vague. But I digress.

Grand Moff Gav
Power can exist without slavery! But money is what divides us all. Those who hold power hold money! Look at America's Presidential Elections. The amount of money needed to gain power is enormous. Thats why the US is an Oligarchy. Slaves were not enslaved to serve as a symbol of power, but a means to provide cheap labour from which money can be made. Money to buy more slaves to make more money.

FistOfThe North
I will try to post in ways that you are able to respond to then. I was assuming we all were able to read more than 50 words per post. My bad.

Apology unaccepted.

The next time try being a bit more inconspicuous with your sarcasm. Your blatant obviousness killed your attempt at being witty.

And if you want to post lyrics in a "General Discussion" forum, even if the "taken" song was relevant, go to the "Music Discussion" forum for that.

You'll see that I've created the largest thread on there that's currently up now, that'll allow you to post any type of lyrics or verses you think are of high quality.

Now. Slaves.

Bardock42
Apology unaccepted.

The next time try being a bit more inconspicuous with your sarcasm. Your blatant obviousness killed your attempt at being witty.

And if you want to post lyrics in a "General Discussion" forum, even if the "taken" song was relevant, go to the "Music Discussion" forum for that.

You'll see that I've created the largest thread on there that's currently up now, that'll allow you to post any type of lyrics or verses you think are of high quality.

Now. Slaves.

If you are not aware this Thread has no topic...you were just ranting about Slavery....only Black Slaves too (very racist but that's just my opinion). And then when someone asks you why you a) think that Slavery in North America was the worst thing that happened in the last thousand years and b) where you got the right from to call what is evil and what isn't, you just don't respond. Now, you can make fun of my posts as long as you want, but at least answer when you are asked something, that might actually advance this Thread further.

FistOfThe North
If you are not aware this Thread has no topic...you were just ranting about Slavery....only Black Slaves too (very racist but that's just my opinion). And then when someone asks you why you a) think that Slavery in North America was the worst thing that happened in the last thousand years and b) where you got the right from to call what is evil and what isn't, you just don't respond. Now, you can make fun of my posts as long as you want, but at least answer when you are asked something, that might actually advance this Thread further.

This thread does have a topic, Black Slavery. I wasn't ranting but disusing. I don't think I am or was being racist in anyway. And I indeed have responded to every question you and everyone else who has asked me, on this thread. Your just acting like someone pissed in your shoe because I'm giving you my answers you don't want to hear so you repeat the question constantly I the hopes of hearing what you want to hear. Doesn't work that way.

Go back and see that I've answered your redundant questions.

Bardock42
You did not. Who gave you the right to judge what is evil? And why can he/she/it do that? Or is it jsut that you don't like it and you therefore say it is evil?

GCG
Normally only ubiquitous beings know that. If they exist.

DiamondBullets

FYI: That "wall" served a purpose--it wasn't for decoration. It kept out the Mongols--sworn enemies of the Chinese.

And Shi Huangdai was a great ruler also known as "the Unifier". He's the one who united the 7 warring states.

Have you seen "Hero" starring Jet Li? Who do you think that movie is about????

FistOfThe North
FYI: That "wall" served a purpose--it wasn't for decoration. It kept out the Mongols--sworn enemies of the Chinese.

And Shi Huangdai was a great ruler also known as "the Unifier". He's the one who united the 7 warring states.

Have you seen "Hero" starring Jet Li? Who do you think that movie is about????

haha, that reminds me of a 4-second clip in an episode in Futurama where Fry clumsily/accidentally broke a part of the Wall of China with a spaceship and Mongols came through it on horseback while wielding swords.

Anyway, I'll never know how this Emperor become to be the beloved "Unifier" he became to be.

And I have seen "Hero" but it's vague but isn't the Emperor that dude that analyzes Jet Li during the movie in that Dojo? If so, If I remembered, didn't Jet Li murder him for being the way he was? Evil? To me, it was an act of revolt, if I may say.

FistOfThe North
Nope, just saw the movie. The Emperor killed Jet Li.

My bad.

Capt_Fantastic
Black Slavery is the best. In fact, that's how you enslave people without baby jesus giving a shit. After all, baby Jesus isn't worried about long tounged darkies....is he?

DiamondBullets

Anyway, I'll never know how this Emperor become to be the beloved "Unifier" he became to be.

Try watching The History Channel or just Google him.

Do either one of those, and you'll find out real quick.

Eis

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Eis
Stop quoting the ****ing dictionary and tell me, why is murder or rape wrong? Who decides it's wrong?
And for the record, I'm male.

That sounded like a command. I hate commands. I'm allergic to them. But I will choose to offer an answer again.

Who decides it's wrong? I do. You do. Anyone. Everyone.

Why is murder or rape wrong? Because it's not right. And if somethings is not right then it's wrong. Again, there's only right and wrong. There is no in-between. No grey area. No middle point or blurry lines. It's like saying you're a little bit pregnant. It's impossible. You either got one in the oven or you're just fcuking bullshi**ing. Dude.

FistOfThe North
Try watching The History Channel or just Google him.

Do either one of those, and you'll find out real quick.

Yea but I still won't see how people belovedly looked up to a person who keep them bonded by slavery.

Eis
That sounded like a command. I hate commands. I'm allergic to them. But I will choose to offer an answer again.

Why is murder or rape wrong? Because it's not right. And if somethings is not right then it's wrong. Again, there's only right and wrong. There is no in-between. No grey area. No middle point or blurry lines. It's like saying you're a little bit pregnant. It's impossible. You either got one in the oven or you're just fcuking bullshi**ing. Dude.
You still haven't answered my question, why is it wrong? Or why is it not right?

DiamondBullets
Yea but I still won't see how people belovedly looked up to a person who keep them bonded by slavery.

The peasants and peons he enslaved have been dead for over 2000 years. Their descendants are actually proud of the fact that their ancestors built the largest manmade object in history.

And I never said "beloved", you did. By great,I'm referring to the fact that he united the most populous country in the world--it was quite a feat!

omaga
I did not start this thread, for one.

Second, I find it extreamly rude and unjust of you to,
a)accuse me of 'racism' of any kind, and
b) assume certain things about me without actually having any idea about me, or about what I believe or think.

''People like me''? What kind of people are those!? You know NOTHING about me, so please spare me your insulting bullshit which implys any kind of racism!

You are black and you see that people today go on personality?!

Well then you must live in an extreamly tolerant and good part of UK, because for many black people that is not the case!
They are being denied so many things even today, and are subjected to racism, if not directly, than indirectly every single day!
I am quite interested which part of United Kingdom you come from where ALL people are so goddamned tolerant, of anyone who isn't white or British!

2! i just said its ppl like him startin rubbish like this! that get ppl started. its all about a future together! u all dont no me so dont judge me.

Bardock42

Really? That's good, I just decided that Slavery is not wrong, rape neither. So...now it's either not wrong cause, as you said I decided it isn't or it is a Grey Area....which one shall it be?

LordFear
ugh white people didn't invent slavery they just profited off of it.......now back to slavery go attack the people that made it possiblesmile

Is that right pal?
So the white man that owned a dozen negroes really had no choice in owning them right? He could not have decided not to own people like cattle and treat them like less than dogs?
Where did you get that piece of info? Aren't white people the european assholes who practicallly colonized the globe? So if they didn't invent it who did?

LordFear
Originally posted by Gregory
Certainly not on the scale that white folks have and furthermore most of those sold slaves by other blacks in African countries at the time were after tribal wars and some of the vanquished party were either killed or sold into slavery.
Furthermore they did not use it as their primary source of national economic stability

LordFear
Originally posted by ~dorkerina~
You're the racist one now.

I'm white, but I've never had anything to do with slavery. Neither have you. So I'm not going to pay you for it as your implying I sould. If we all insited on being compensated by the government for wrongs done to our ancestors there would just be a lot of trouble. (mine were forced off their land by mobs backed by a govenor, even though it was completely illegal according to the constitution)

And Gregory brought up a good point. Did you know that half (if not more) of the people sold into slavery where sold by their own poeple. Without waring tribes bringing prisoners from other tribes, a lot of slaves would not have been reached.

But don't get me wrong. Slavery was one of the worst injustices forced upon any person. I hate the fact that it happened, and I'll do everything I can to keep it from happening again if it ever comes up.

But lets stop the social devide it's memory is fostering. If you keep blaming people who have nothing to do with the wrong, and creating a gap between black and white citizens because of it like you (and other people) are, the injustice will never be righted. I'm not saying forget it ever happened (that would be worse), I'm just saying stop acting like we did it.

What you fail to understand is that in America the social divide already exists and there are a lot of white racists out there. Some extroverts like the KKK but the majority are the quiet types, the hypocrites. So understand that racism in this country will never go away and yes it needs to always be at the forefront of our minds because history has a tendency of repeating itself.

omaga
Really? That's good, I just decided that Slavery is not wrong, rape neither. So...now it's either not wrong cause, as you said I decided it isn't or it is a Grey Area....which one shall it be?

thanks for the tip! to be frank in not bothered either its in the past,it would NOT happen now coz one 1 would catch a beat down! iv said enough now is site is rubbish.

LordFear

Because there was much more of whites doing it than blacks. So much so that the amount of wealthy blacks were far and few. So as far as record keeping goes, very little is mentionned but yes it is just as bad. Also keep in mind that those few blacks who were owners were attempting to be part of the white society, to fit in. When you have individuals of weak moral fiber such as that, it doesn't even become important in really discussing them.
The same argument can be done with the small amount of whites who helped escaped slaves and those who risked their lives to help them, they are mentionned as well. Perhaps Canada's biggest act that can be regarded as a huge advantage over America is that while America was profiting from slavery, Canada denounced it and did something about it.
To this day Canadadians can always say that yes America may be superior than us in a lot of ways, but we took the moral ground when needed

omaga
Originally posted by LordFear
Because there was much more of whites doing it than blacks. So much so that the amount of wealthy blacks were far and few. So as far as record keeping goes, very little is mentionned but yes it is just as bad. Also keep in mind that those few blacks who were owners were attempting to be part of the white society, to fit in. When you have individuals of weak moral fiber such as that, it doesn't even become important in really discussing them.
The same argument can be done with the small amount of whites who helped escaped slaves and those who risked their lives to help them, they are mentionned as well. Perhaps Canada's biggest act that can be regarded as a huge advantage over America is that while America was profiting from slavery, Canada denounced it and did something about it.
To this day Canadadians can always say that yes America may be superior than us in a lot of ways, but we took the moral ground when needed

true speech smile

Darth Macabre
Is that right pal?
So the white man that owned a dozen negroes really had no choice in owning them right? He could not have decided not to own people like cattle and treat them like less than dogs?
Where did you get that piece of info? Aren't white people the european assholes who practicallly colonized the globe? So if they didn't invent it who did?

You contradicted yourself in your next post...You basically said yes Africa was trading slaves, but most of American slaves were slaves over in Africa.....So that obviously means "the white European assholes" as you so eloquently put it, didn't invent slavery...If in fact they brought slaves that were already slaves.

Quiero Mota
"the white European assholes" - LordFear

laughing

lil bitchiness
Actually that is pretty insulting, and prejudice, extreamly not funny and nothing to be endorsed.

If you want to fight ignorance, you certainly cannot fight it with more ignorance.

Swap the words ''white'' with latino or black, and the words Europien with Mexican/Latin American or African.

How does that sound? Racist? Of course it does - its a both way thing.

soleran30
What you fail to understand is that in America the social divide already exists and there are a lot of white racists out there. Some extroverts like the KKK but the majority are the quiet types, the hypocrites. So understand that racism in this country will never go away and yes it needs to always be at the forefront of our minds because history has a tendency of repeating itself.

Something I do understand is that racism flows both ways and blacks are just as racist as whites or hispanics or whoever...............

Quiero Mota
Actually that is pretty insulting, and prejudice, extreamly not funny and nothing to be endorsed.

If you want to fight ignorance, you certainly cannot fight it with more ignorance.

Swap the words ''white'' with latino or black, and the words Europien with Mexican/Latin American or African.

How does that sound? Racist? Of course it does - its a both way thing.

No shit, vata. I was laughing at the audacity and the fact that he actually said that.

Quiero Mota
Besides, white people shouldnt take things offensive. They're the dominant race.

lil bitchiness
No shit, vata. I was laughing at the audacity and the fact that he actually said that.

It certainly didn't look like that, otherwise I wouldnt have said anything.

It looked more like an endorcement - perhaps work more on sarcasm or humoring?

lil bitchiness
Besides, white people shouldnt take things offensive. They're the dominant race.
What kind of bullshit reasoning is that?!

You are ok to be discriminative and abusive towards the white people because you believe they are the dominant ''race''?
So all white people should be quiet at discrimination because they are ''dominant''. Double standards maybe?

First, white is NOT a goddamned ''race'' of people. Neither is black or Hispanic, or Chinese or Arab - its a different skin pigmentation!

What exactly do whites have, that other people do not have, apart from different skin pigmentation? Is their biological structure or make up different?

No, therefore they are not a different ''race''.
Its a word used to create more segregation - no wonder everyone cannot get a long!

Second, ''white peope'' are not dominant ''race'' as you so eloquently put it. There are more Chinese people than there are white people, and there are also more black people than there are white people.

Of course they should take offence! Any kind of insulting based on skin colour, gender or religion should be detested!

lil bitchiness
Apologies for my tone - i feel strongly about discrimination based on skin colour or gender.

DiamondBullets

thumb up

Quiero Mota
There are more Chinese people than there are white people, and there are also more black people than there are white people.

Yes, whites are not the most numerically dominant on the planet. They are, however, dominant when it comes to culture and and other influences.

However in the US they are the most numerically dominant, and other races must therefore conform to their culture. If I wanted to, I could talk like a middle class white boy from the burbs. When applying for jobs in the past, I would have to do that.

In the US most whites dont take things like "honkey", "cracker", and "gringo" offensive, because they are secure with the knowledge that they are the the dominant race.

I wouldnt doubt if a lot of white people wish that they were the most numeric race on the planet.

Eis
What kind of bullshit reasoning is that?!

You are ok to be discriminative and abusive towards the white people because you believe they are the dominant ''race''?
So all white people should be quiet at discrimination because they are ''dominant''. Double standards maybe?

First, white is NOT a goddamned ''race'' of people. Neither is black or Hispanic, or Chinese or Arab - its a different skin pigmentation!

What exactly do whites have, that other people do not have, apart from different skin pigmentation? Is their biological structure or make up different?

No, therefore they are not a different ''race''.
Its a word used to create more segregation - no wonder everyone cannot get a long!

Second, ''white peope'' are not dominant ''race'' as you so eloquently put it. There are more Chinese people than there are white people, and there are also more black people than there are white people.

Of course they should take offence! Any kind of insulting based on skin colour, gender or religion should be detested!
I'll have to disagree with you there. The white "race" or whatever it is, is dominant. I don't mean that in a racist way but in a realist way, the whole world is adapting to the white american way of living, thinking and acting.

Oh and the quantity of white people is completely irrelevant.
DOMINANT

lil bitchiness
Yes, whites are not the most numerically dominant on the planet. They are, however, dominant when it comes to culture and and other influences.

However in the US they are the most numerically dominant, and other races must therefore conform to their culture. If I wanted to, I could talk like a middle class white boy from the burbs. When applying for jobs in the past, I would have to do that.

In the US most whites dont take things like "honkey", "cracker", and "gringo" offensive, because they are secure with the knowledge that they are the the dominant race.

I wouldnt doubt if a lot of white people wish that they were the most numeric race on the planet.

Yes, above is true.

I am aware at the extent of racism, particualry so in America as well as United Kingdom. I cannot identify with being discriminated against for my colour, but i can most certainly identify with being discriminated for my gender, heratige and culture.

I suppose one thing that annoys me the for the most part is when a middle class white person says: ''there is not such thing as racism anymore - its a thing of a past''

And all i wanna do is slap him around few times and ask ''how do you know, privillage boy?!''

Because my people were slaves for 500 years, and I am uncomftable with saying where I am from, etc..being white in the west is privillage I do not take for granted because of what society we live in - but i would get offended if a person of different colour or creed or nationality called me something degrotary.

My point is, that not all of us see ''being white'' as being ''normal'' or ''by default'', like considerate number of people in the West. I for one do not see that, and I guess grouping me and people who think like me, in the same category as those who see themselves by default better for their skin colour, would upset me.

DiamondBullets
Quiero Mota and Eis are both right on the money!

soleran30
Originally posted by Eis
I'll have to disagree with you there. The white "race" or whatever it is, is dominant. I don't mean that in a racist way but in a realist way, the whole world is adapting to the white american way of living, thinking and acting.

Oh and the quantity of white people is completely irrelevant.
DOMINANT

Yeah know i think its interesting to say more cultures of adapting to the white american way of living when I lived in DC and Northern Virginia the population was 50% black and the culture there was "international." This is something become much more common among the US. Where many cultures come together but just so I am clear what is the white american middle class way of living?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>