Wince at Prince

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ManBat
Does anyone else regret the use of Prince songs in Tim Burton's Batman? (1989) sick

NoFate007
*raises hand*

Knightfall93
"Yes! Was he the guy whod id music for all the joker ddancing? That sucked u the movie...

Joker1237
it match the theme. I like it.

Doc Ock
I enjoyed them.

Especially when Joker raided the museum.

SpyCspider
with joker...u almost HAD to have a corny funky song....wouldn't be the same without one

ManBat
Just for fun i added the song "Our House", by the group Madness, to the museum scene and it fits almost perfectly. The same thing works for the song " It must be love" during the Joker parade scene. this song is also by Madness. Happy Dance

Knightfall93
Originally posted by Doc Ock
I enjoyed them.

Especially when Joker raided the museum. Even The Joke isn't that crazy... those were the worst parts of the movie and I was strting to think it was decent!

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Knightfall93
Even The Joke isn't that crazy

In your opinion

In your opinion

Too bad you didn't keep thinking it

Knightfall93
LOL, I love it ehen you do stuff like that...

SpyCspider
museum scene where he was just standing on one leg and sticking his other leg out was hilarious

also during the parade scene where he was jigging along was classic

"hubba hubba hubba, money money money, who do you trust?!!!!"

giving the people what they want ($$$) and then delightfully massacring them a la Joker's sadistic way....awesome

Doc Ock
Originally posted by SpyCspider
museum scene where he was just standing on one leg and sticking his other leg out was hilarious

also during the parade scene where he was jigging along was classic

"hubba hubba hubba, money money money, who do you trust?!!!!"

giving the people what they want ($$$) and then delightfully massacring them a la Joker's sadistic way....awesome

Exactly.

He went crazy with the music big grin

Knightfall93
Now THAT scene was ood, just the museum dance pissed me off...

Joker1237
that was one of the best parts in the movie. He was improving the art, Than Bob try to slash one pic, and Joker stops him.

Bob, let it be, I kinda of like this one.

Knightfall93
LL, where Joker kills Bob is the best bit...

Joker1237
I loved that part 2.

"Why didnt some one tell me he had, one of thsos things???"

"Bob, Gun."

Knightfall93
Classic!

pr1983
Originally posted by ManBat
Does anyone else regret the use of Prince songs in Tim Burton's Batman? (1989) sick

No... imo its exactly the kind of music the joker needed in the movie... suited the scenes they were used in incredibly well imo...

Knightfall93
Pah, I guess superman fans wouldnt appreciate the Joker's humour is darker, creeper, more homicidal than vandalism!

pr1983
Originally posted by Knightfall93
Pah, I guess superman fans wouldnt appreciate the Joker's humour is darker, creeper, more homicidal than vandalism!

I hope you were kidding... stick out tongue

the joker is playful when he's in a good mood... thats whats so great about him, he can go from the depths of madness into acting like a petulant child... the gallery scene showed that imo...

Joker1237
yep it did indeed.

Knightfall93
I know, but he just didn't feel like THE Joker to me... oh, he was good, but it's just he didn't have the mad laugh! Mark hamill, we need you!

systemshock2
Originally posted by ManBat

I do because it horribly outdates the movie. If those songs were removed, the way the sets looked and the actors dressed would still transcend today. But everytime any of Prince's songs play one is instantly reminded of the cheesy 80's. It was completely wise of Burton to just rely on Elfman for Batman Returns. Heck, even Batman Forever, with it's U2 and Seal songs, already seems outdated.

Dark Shazam93
I've never even HEARD of Seal!

Gregory
No, I thought that it was a good scene.

Dark Shazam93
I LOATHED it...

systemshock2
Actually I retract a little of my Prince retaliation. He did write some of the orchestral themes in Danny Elfman's score, particularly during the Bruce and Vicki scenes, so Prince did do some good as I'm a big fan of the Batman score.

Dark Shazam93
Indeed, that OWNED!

01ZERO
YES. PRINCE WAS VERY POPULAR BACK THEN AND I BELIEVE THAT HE THOUGHT THE MOVIE WAS GOING TO BE SIMILAR TO THE 1960S TV SERIES AND HAD TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS SINCE IT WAS HIS INTENTION TO SCORE THE WHOLE MOVIE BEFORE TIM BURTON SHOT HIM DOWN AND SAID DANNY ELFMAN WAS SCORING THE MOVIE UNTIL WARNER BROTHERS PUSHED HIM TO FIT HIM IN WITH THE JOKERS MUSIC WHICH IS PRETTY FITTING BUT NOT FOR THIS MOVIE. I DONT LIKE HOW HE STARTED THIS TREND THAT CARRIED OVER TO BATMAN RETURNS AND IF HE WAS TRULY COMMITED HE SHOULD HAVE SCORED THE THEME WHEN BRUCE WAYNE AND SELINA MET AT THE BALL INSTEAD OF THAT SUPER FREAK RICK JAMES SHIT.

I WOULDNT BE AS DISGUSTED IF HE RETURNED.

HellMaster93
What...? confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.