David Lynch??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chico23
Could someone explain to me what's the deal with this guy. His movies, with the exception of DUNE, seem to be wierd for the sake of being wierd. Sometimes i can see the potential in a scene, then he will destroy it by throwing in something, for lack of a better word, odd. Maybe its me? Maybe I'm not looking for the order inside the chaos? I don't know. Whatever it is these movies must have some redeming factor if for the fact that I'm asking about them in the first place. I hope ther is a David Lynch fan out ther who can explain to me what I'm missing. If so, shed some light!

Ushgarak
The man is a genius but you need to be in a certain mindset to understand his films; it really is a matter of taste.

BackFire349
you obviously havent seen the elephant man, one of the best movies of all time. his movies are wierd because he's an artist and as with many artists not all of his works can be understood by just anyone, most of his movies require multiple viewings, and forces the audience to think.

LanceWindu
The Elephant Man was a great movie.

chico23
O.K. I'll watch Elephant Man because you are right I've not watch it,but I will. Maybe I'll see what I'm missing. I wasn't really bashing David Lynch only trying to understand him. BTW thanks everyone who replied.

greedo
John Hurt did an excellent job portraying John Merrick. With the gobs of make up on you could hardly even tell there was an actor under it all. One critic said Hurt should win an Oscar because of the way he used his eyes to act out the scenes. It truely is a great film by a great director. Shooting it in black and white just added to the darkness of the film.

Billy The Kid
I agree....Everyone should see The Elephant Man.....it`s a fantastic movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.