Freeview (uk)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
Just wanted to big up freeview again................

Sometimes the programming is amazing

On Monday there was the premier of His Big White Self the new nick broomfield documentary , and it was the nick broomfield season, so all week there was The Leader, Aileen, Hollywood Madame and fetishes etc...

Then on Saturday they had Biggie and Tupac on more 4, Murderball on BBC4, the 100 greatest scariest moments on e4.

and Last night on ITV4 they had the Independent Spirit Awards and Im sure there was more good stuff that I cant recall. eek!

papabeard
The NME Awards were on last week and Hannibal was on last night.

Other good shows on Freeview are on MORE 4 you get The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, Curb Your Enthusiasm. The Cinema SHow, The MArk Steel LEctures and The LAte Edition on BBC 4, Scrubs on ABC1, Futurama on Sky 3, Supernatural on ITV2 and American Idol on ITV2 which is a guilty pleasure of mine. And cutting edge new comedy like The Mighty Boosh, Snuff Box, TittyBangBang on BBC 3.

When I first heard of Freeview I thought it would be some terrible scam with one good programme, but its actually really good and excellent value for money.

Everyone should get a freeview box.

jaden101
would if i could but its not available where i live...strange given that i live in Scotlands 4th largest city and practically right in the city centre

T.M
I don't need Freeview because I have Sky+

sonjay
Originally posted by papabeard

I didn't even know these were coming up until I visited popsecret.com and learned they were sponsoring them. What did you think of the awards?

papabeard
Originally posted by sonjay
I didn't even know these were coming up until I visited popsecret.com and learned they were sponsoring them. What did you think of the awards?

It was funny and much more relaxed than the oscars and the speeches were not so cringeworthy.

Where do you live Jaden, Dundee or Stirling?

adscrawler
sky pluse is 90-% crap free veiw kicks ass

jaden101
Dundee

papabeard
My friend lives in Dundee and he gets a signal, you just have to find the right spot in your house, he gets all the channels, but it took him a while to locate the position of the signal.

papabeard
Another good thing about freeview is the exclusive concert footage you can watch on BBCi, just push the RED button on any BBC channel. They are on a loop for about a week or so, so you can watch them as many times as you like.

Coldplay did a Radio 1 Live lounge gig, The Strokes did one on the Room on Fire tour and Dave Gilmour is on at the moment. thumb up

papabeard
Has anyone seen Mark Brookers Screen Wipe on BBC 4?, there was 3 shows piloted over the last few weeks, its an analysis of the current state of television, interesting and very funny.

papabeard
Surf Documentary RIDING GIANTS by Sam Peralta who made Dogtown and Z Boys, was on on Monday night.

Also there was a Chilli Peppers gig on BBCi.

Bloigen
Originally posted by T.M
I don't need Freeview because I have Sky+

Same.

HellMaster93
I don't need Freeview becaue I have it already...

papabeard
Originally posted by Bloigen
Same.

But it aint free.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.