Odan Urr versus Vodo Siosk-Bass

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zephiel7
Vodo: I love my position as Jedi master

Odan: Come down you SOB crustacean/insect/man thing, fight me. It's about time you are... replaced.

Vodo: *pulls out his staff* Bring it BIATCH!

GO!

Ossus

tdtd
Vodo. Odan isn't a fighter..

zephiel7
You may be right on this one. But I think that Odan would have a better control over the force, (ie a better control over force powers). What he lacks in combat, he makes up for in his knowledge in the force. He did toss Kun around like a ragdoll (before he was instant killed which IMO was pretty cheap and unexplained considering how Odan was owning before Kun waved his fingers)

tdtd
true

Wesker
Odan rips the force out of Vodo, or gets sticked to death. Either way, someone goes down. Exar Kun sneaks past the two and robs the jedi temples.

Faunus
Sneaky bastard, him. . .

IKC
Originally posted by tdtd

Bullshit.

http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/2249/odancombat17ay.th.jpg
http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/7098/odancombat24gp.th.jpg

tdtd
bullshit? Odan has ancient knowledge of the force but he's not a fighter he's a scholar, whereas Vodo is a fighter in a military age.

IKC
That's why Odan-Urr is a veteran of the war against the Ancient Sith, 400 years before Vodo was alive, right? Good call.

tdtd
We have seen what Vodo can do and we have hardly seen what Odan Urr can do besides Battle Meditation and possibly strip someone from the force... Yea I'd say it's a good call.

Darth_Glentract
Vodo takes this because he's a lot more martial of a Jedi. I see this as similar to Mace and Yoda with Mace being Vodo and Odan being Yoda, except in this case the differences in experince isn't huge, so Mace(Vodo) wins.

IKC
Actually, you should read GAotS. Odan as a Knight does some decent fighting. So, yes. Poor call.

tdtd
I have it right here, it doesn't show his saber skills nor his force skills. Try again.

IKC
Your observation skills need work, troll.

http://www.swcomics.com/arhive/oldrepublic/oldrepublic_02_21.jpg

http://www.swcomics.com/arhive/oldrepublic/oldrepublic_02_22.jpg

No instance of seeing his saber skills, huh?

Darth_Glentract
Still waiting for your response in the Antediluvian thread at EoD, IKC.

IKC
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Still waiting for your response in the Antediluvian thread at EoD, IKC.

Hold your breath and it will happen. Trust me.

I don't have the time or inclination right now. I'm sure you're patient enough to wait some more.

Captain REX
Not really the place to state that, now, is it?

Tdtd, please don't be stupid; go read.

tdtd
For the last time Odan Urr is not a fighter he is a scholar. He fights when he has to but he is MERELY A SCHOLAR. Exar Kun is a fighter, Darth Maul is a fighter, Odan Urr is NOT.

IKC
For the last time Odan Urr is not a fighter he is a scholar. He fights when he has to but he is MERELY A SCHOLAR. Exar Kun is a fighter, Darth Maul is a fighter, Odan Urr is NOT.

You saying it doesn't make it so. "Palpatine is MERELY A POLITICIAN!"

tdtd
Yes, Darth Sidious' alter ego is that of a politician. Vodo was a fighter plain and simple, he trained other fighters. Odan Urr spend the majority of his time reading..

IKC
Yeah, I'm glad you've conjured up all this evidence for your case...

Oh, wait.

tdtd
LOL.. You're right, Palpatine WASN'T a politician.. And Odan Urr DIDNT spend the majority of his life in his books... For someone telling me to read GOATH, you sure sound like you haven't yourself.

IKC
Says the idiot who just got his ass handed to him by the scans, right?

"PALPATINE WAS MERELY A POLITICIAN, HE ARE SUXXOR IN COMBAT!"

"Here he is doing a respectable job against Mace Windu."

"zOMG"

tdtd logic, everyone.

Captain REX
Apparently...

What do you think Palpatine did? Found a dark corner in his office and practiced lightsaber skills?

tdtd
Are you that dumb that you don't understand the concept of a politician or a scholar. Michael Jordan is a ball player, doesn't mean he can't do anything else right? Speaking of logic, what was the main role of Vodo, and what was the main role of Odan? One was a warrior one was a scholar.. Quit while you're behind.

IKC
Except you've provided... jack shit for evidence regarding your inane assumptions. In order to put me behind, you are required to prove up with logic and evidence, troll.

Captain REX
Michael Jordan is a ball player, doesn't mean he can't do anything else right?

And Odan-Urr is a scholar, doesn't mean he can't do anything else, right?

Don't be stupid. Provide evidence or provide silence.

tdtd
Evidence that Palpatine was a politician? Watch the movies nitwit. Evidence that Odan Urr aka THE SCHOLAR was indeed a scholar, and not a warrior? Read GAOTH. Your reading comprehension skills are lacking.

Captain REX
I don't need evidence that Palpatine was a politician. Don't be a smartass.

Your logic is failing where my reading is lacking, in that case. You have provided NO evidence that Odan-Urr lacks any skill in combat whatsoever. Like I said, evidence or silence, Tdtd.

tdtd
I wasn't talking to you Rex. I was pointing out that Vodo was a warrior and Odan was a scholar, nowhere did I say that neither one of them could do anything else. But when you geniuses compare the jedi of the PT and the Jedi of the Sith Wars or KOTOR, your logic is the more powerful jedi are the ones that are constantly involved in battle, military, etc... Vodo was constantly doing this, while Odan although did fight, spent most of his time in the library. This is your own logic.

IKC
And this by your logic means he can't fight for shit, despite his respectable performance against Windu. Good job with the self-ownage, troll.

If my reading comprehension is lacking, you're ****ing blind:

http://www.swcomics.com/arhive/oldrepublic/oldrepublic_02_21.jpg

http://www.swcomics.com/arhive/oldrepublic/oldrepublic_02_22.jpg

Quod Erat Demonstrandum

Captain REX
All I heard was 'No evidence.'

tdtd
that's nice except you still fail to show me where I said they can't do anything other than their titles? And IKC, you ave reading comprehension problems fanboy.

IKC
Except you've consistantly failed to provide evidence that their roles are rock-solid and unchanging, despite the fact that Odan fought in a war that far surpasses anything Vodo's lived through.

Keep going though, troll. Dig yourself in deeper.

tdtd
Rock solid and unchanging? Who's digging themselves deeper here? Stop lying to yourself fanboy. Odan spent the majority of his life as a scholar, Vodo spent the majority of his life as a warrior, if they went head to head Vodo would have more experience wouldn't he? Thank you, stop living in denial.

IKC
Stop talking out of your ass, troll.

Prove up. Saying it doesn't make it true, Goebbels.

Prove up. Saying it doesn't make it true, Goebbels.

Not necessarily, because Odan lived and fought through a conflict far worse than anything Vodo has ever witnessed.

Learn to debate, child.

Captain REX
I have to agree with IKC. Your debating material isn't much to look at. It's mostly insults.

tdtd
Yea insulting the intellectually inferior. I'm glad your debate skills go as far as a star wars forum IKC. However until you show me what else Odan Urr was involved in besides those few little pages in GOATH sith, I am forced to believe that Odan Urr was a scholar, he spent his time in the library in the beginning of the comics, and spent his time at the library at the end of his life... Now stop lying to yourself fanboy.

Illustrious
Rock solid and unchanging? Who's digging themselves deeper here? Stop lying to yourself fanboy. Odan spent the majority of his life as a scholar, Vodo spent the majority of his life as a warrior, if they went head to head Vodo would have more experience wouldn't he? Thank you, stop living in denial.

And this shows what, exactly?

If I'm a scholar who can tool Michael Jordan in ball, what does that indicate?

No context. Prove up.

tdtd
That indicates that you are multitalented beyond belief, and a basketball god. Throughout the comics all Vodo did was fight and train fighters, while Odan Urr was in the library.

Illustrious
Yea insulting the intellectually inferior. I'm glad your debate skills go as far as a star wars forum IKC. However until you show me what else Odan Urr was involved in besides those few little pages in GOATH sith, I am forced to believe that Odan Urr was a scholar, he spent his time in the library in the beginning of the comics, and spent his time at the library at the end of his life... Now stop lying to yourself fanboy.

zOMG, my granddaddy spent the beginning of his life in zee hospital, and he died there too! He must be a medical malignity.

tdtd
Cute, yet there's no proof of Urr having more war or fighting experience than Vodo..

Illustrious
That indicates that you are multitalented beyond belief, and a basketball god. Throughout the comics all Vodo did was fight and train fighters, while Odan Urr was in the library.

You saw the scan of Odan fighting. And he played a role in eradicating the ancient Sith. You've failed to provide context that Odan Urr being a scholar meant he wasn't a powerful opponent.

IKC

I'm not sure you know this, but those are links. You click them and they take your web browser (on your Magic Box, the means by which you troll this forum) to another place. Now when you click these links they'll show you Odan's dialogue that shows that he fought through the Great Hyperspace War, something that occured 400 years before Vodo was even born, and a war that was on a far greater scale than anything Vodo has lived through.

Try clicking some time. You might just be able to pull your head out of your ass, if only by a few centimeters.

tdtd
When did I say he wasn't powerful? Stop adding words to my text. I said based on the comics and only the comics it looks as though Vodo had more experience fighting.

IKC you're a funny child, and your sarcasm is subpar at best.. What can you expect from someone who considers himself "logical in a star wars forum".

Illustrious
When did I say he wasn't powerful? Stop adding words to my text. I said based on the comics and only the comics it looks as though Vodo had more experience fighting.

IKC you're a funny child, and your sarcasm is subpar at best.. What can you expect from someone who considers himself "logical in a star wars forum".

So are they counting minutes now? Paid by the hour of on field training? I fail to see how this point has any relevance or bearing.

IKC
Yes, I'm evaluating my sarcasm based on the target's opinion of it. So this is what, the twentieth time you've been curbstomped with minimal effort only to continually return parroting the same inane argument that's been shot down since the first time you spouted it?

Captain REX
Tdtd, you've fallen to petty insults. Either prove up or get a warning for trolling, the way I see it.

tdtd
Lol.. That's nice IKC, minimal effort for "logic" in a star wars forum. You're going far..

Captain REX
By arguing any point in here, one most likely considers himself logical. So that insult is moot.

IKC
It should come with minimal effort. Just because you have trouble with it doesn't make it the universal case.

tdtd
trouble? Being logical in a star wars debate? Like I said, you're really going places IKC.

IKC
Originally posted by Captain REX
By arguing any point in here, one most likely considers himself logical. So that insult is moot.

Captain REX
And this discussion is going nowhere. I have seen no evidence for Odan-Urr being a crap fighter.

tdtd
For the last time nobody said he was a crap fighter, where are you getting all of this? I just said that FROM the comics it seems Vodo was more of a fighter while Odan was more of a scholar, that is ALL.. Some people on here need to learn how to read before critisizing others.

Darth_Glentract
That's because the evidence for Odan being a crap fighter simply doesn't exist. Odan was a great fighter, but still not quite on the level of Vodo.

tdtd
Thank you... I didn't even get that far implying what you just did but that's what it comes down to.

Captain REX
What, like you, Tdtd? Most of your recent posts have just been rude and insulting.

Anyways, Glentract, proof?

IKC
http://www.orlyowl.com/orly.jpg

bullshit? Odan has ancient knowledge of the force but he's not a fighter he's a scholar, whereas Vodo is a fighter in a military age.

We have seen what Vodo can do and we have hardly seen what Odan Urr can do besides Battle Meditation and possibly strip someone from the force... Yea I'd say it's a good call.

I have it right here, it doesn't show his saber skills nor his force skills. Try again.

Captain REX
Hurray for changing beliefs... no expression

Darth_Glentract
Vodo is more martial or a Jedi and effectively Grand Master of the Order from what I have heard. Vodo also has apparently trained many students, but I've never heard of Odan training any. Supposedly a teacher learns as much as the student. Furthermore, Vodo pwned Exar on Dantooine. Now, I know this isn't the full fledged Exar, but that's still very impressive that he could do that with a stick. I simply don't see the evidence that supports Odan defeating Vodo.

tdtd
That is what I was trying to state, but obviously more ambiguously.

Darth_Glentract
Then why didn't you just slow down and take a moment to state it?

tdtd
Because I don't know enough to state everything you just did, I can only touch the tip of the iceberg.

Captain REX
*sigh* Must be the iceberg that sunk the Titanic...

tdtd
*edits post for fun!*

Captain REX
*edits post for fun!*

Nope, but that was...

tdtd
Holy shiteating batman, we have a natural born comedian here. Jk your talent matches dry paint.

Captain REX
Cool! Do you need a warning for continuous trolling?

tdtd
Why not? I fail to see the severity of a forum warning for "trolling" as you guys call it.

Illustrious
For the last time nobody said he was a crap fighter, where are you getting all of this? I just said that FROM the comics it seems Vodo was more of a fighter while Odan was more of a scholar, that is ALL.. Some people on here need to learn how to read before critisizing others.

And you have no relevancy. Where have you established that because Odan is a scholar, that he would lose this match?

Being a scholar does not mean he can't swing a glowstick, being a fighter does not mean he does not have force knowledge.

Yes, let's stick a damn lable on everything so we can simplify stuff for us.

tdtd
Vodo is more martial or a Jedi and effectively Grand Master of the Order from what I have heard. Vodo also has apparently trained many students, but I've never heard of Odan training any. Supposedly a teacher learns as much as the student. Furthermore, Vodo pwned Exar on Dantooine. Now, I know this isn't the full fledged Exar, but that's still very impressive that he could do that with a stick. I simply don't see the evidence that supports Odan defeating Vodo.

What he said..

Fishy

Actually that order didn't really have a grandmaster, but if they would have had one it would have been Odan...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.