What's the cut off point for street levelers?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aries_04
Is anybody without flight considered street level?

Lord-of-Dreams
lots of people...
wrong room dogg

DigiMark007
There isn't a cut-off. It depends who you talk to. Some would consider as high as Spider-Man "street level". Others think anyone without powers, only with fighting skill, are street. I tend to think of Cap/DD/DS/etc. as the upper limit, but that's just me.

Oh, and moving. There's also other threads similar to this...I'll look for them in the search when I get the chance.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Aries_04
Is anybody without flight considered street level?

No, Street level is, IMO, characters at and only slightly above human level physical abilities - Captain America, Bullseye, Batman, etc up to people with extremely low level superpowers Wolverine, DareDevil, Beast

Strength - i'd say below 2 ton lifting ability (or there about)

Speed - up to peak human or slightly above

Characters like Cyclops or Xavier who fall into the strength and speed restrictions still aren't "street level" due to other powers

Though if you ask ten people, you should expect at least 5 different views on who fits into the "street level" catagory

Aries_04
Originally posted by DigiMark007
There isn't a cut-off. It depends who you talk to. Some would consider as high as Spider-Man "street level". Others think anyone without powers, only with fighting skill, are street. I tend to think of Cap/DD/DS/etc. as the upper limit, but that's just me.

Oh, and moving. There's also other threads similar to this...I'll look for them in the search when I get the chance.

thanks

Aries_04
Originally posted by Scoobless
No, Street level is, IMO, characters at and only slightly above human level physical abilities - Captain America, Bullseye, Batman, etc up to people with extremely low level superpowers Wolverine, DareDevil, Beast

Strength - i'd say below 2 ton lifting ability (or there about)

Speed - up to peak human or slightly above

Characters like Cyclops or Xavier who fall into the strength and speed restrictions still aren't "street level" due to other powers

That makes good sense

long pig
If the guy can reduce a modest size house to rubble using only what he normally has on him within 10 minutes, he's not physically street level.

Any hardcore offensive mental powers usually take the person out of streetlevel, but passive or low level psi powers are ok to me.

It's a weird way to explain it but that's how I've always looked at it.

Tha C-Master
Some people go by the villans they fight... DS isn't all that top tier, but people don't consider him street level due to who he fights.

GalacticStorm
I always thought of Spider Man as the cut off point.

Wally West
DareDevil is about the limit for me, Spidey's strength just puts him to high for street level.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Wally West
DareDevil is about the limit for me, Spidey's strength just puts him to high for street level.

But hes far from a powerhouse, hes not a speedster of any significance and hes not an energy manipulator and hes not even bulletproof. To me that says high end street level (or possibly just above it) along with the likes of Daredevil, Agent Zero, Fntomex, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Spider woman, Beast, Sabretooth, Captain America, Blade, Black Panther, Batman and the like.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
But hes far from a powerhouse, hes not a speedster of any significance and hes not an energy manipulator and hes not even bulletproof. To me that says high end street level (or possibly just above it) along with the likes of Daredevil, Agent Zero, Fntomex, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Spider woman, Beast, Sabretooth, Captain America, Blade, Black Panther, Batman and the like.

Maybe not a powerhouse in the Marvel, but still, even Class 15 is a tremendous strength. He could literally pick off three to five trucks and lift them in the air and throw them in his enemies.

I'd put 2 tons as the street limit as well. Or maybe 5.

Aries_04
Originally posted by GalacticStorm

I think that list of names should look more like

Spider woman (too strong too fast)
Agent Zero (Class 10-15 punches...vibranium armor)
Night Crawler (teleportation.....too fast)

Black Panther
Captain America
Beast
Fantomex
Blade
Batman

I don't think this lower tier should be grouped with that higher bunch.

King KAM
I think that list of names should look more like

Spider woman (too strong too fast)
Agent Zero (Class 10-15 punches...vibranium armor)
Night Crawler (teleportation.....too fast)

Black Panther
Captain America
Beast
Fantomex
Blade
Batman

I don't think this lower tier should be grouped with that higher bunch. Spider-woman is a sucka, and I agree with the list, im glad you didint put DS, i dont hold him as street level.

DigiMark007
Isn't Blade something like Class 40 though?? I don't think he should be there.

Aries_04
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Isn't Blade something like Class 40 though?? I don't think he should be there.

No Blades in about the 1 ton range

Aries_04
Originally posted by King KAM
Spider-woman is a sucka, and I agree with the list, im glad you didint put DS, i dont hold him as street level.

I don't think DS is necessarily street level either....but I think Agent Zero would completely tear him apart. I actuallyforgot about him on this list....I'd put him somewhere between BP and Nightcrawler....but I think he could take Nightcrawler.

R.O.T. Yahman
Is Luke Cage at Street Level .... Arguably the 3rd strongest New Avenger !

Aries_04
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman

IMO no....Luke Cage isn't street level

who?-kid
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
No, Cage isn't street level.

You won't find many street levelers in the Avengers, only Captain America, Black Panther, Beast, Falcon, Hawkeye, Mockingbird and a few others.

Aries_04
IMO so far in this thread...the only characters mentioned that are NOT street level ....include

Xavier
Cyclops
Agent Zero
Luke Cage

......and possibly Deathstroke

Scoobless
IMO so far in this thread...the only characters mentioned that are NOT street level ....include

Xavier
Cyclops
Agent Zero
Luke Cage

......and possibly Deathstroke

Spider-Man is stronger and faster than Deathstroke and Agent Zero.... he isn't street level either.... he's in the next level (whatever you want to call that.... for tourneys we use "Powerful Street Level"wink

Aries_04
Originally posted by Scoobless
Spider-Man is stronger and faster than Deathstroke and Agent Zero.... he isn't street level either.... he's in the next level (whatever you want to call that.... for tourneys we use "Powerful Street Level"wink

He's faster than Deathstroke and Zero yes....but Agent Zero has at least class 10 punches......knocking Omega Red head over heels....I actually saw a scan where Deathstroke's strength was compared to that of 100 men......Slade carried a bridge cable that 100 ordinary men struggled to carry. Not necessarily putting him in their class...but you understand.

My mistake....I actually meant to put SPiderman on that list though.

New List:

Spiderman
Xavier
Cyclops
Agent Zero
Luke Cage

........and possibly Deathstroke

Spiderman is one of the people at the head of this "powerful street level" or "Metahuman" class. You're right

Marcus4600
The end of street level is the ability to lift more than 1 ton of weight, I believe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.