Mr.Hyde

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King_Mungi
Just how strong is he? I always wondered, but never got a clean cut answer about him.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Just how strong is he? I always wondered, but never got a clean cut answer about him.

If you go by the comics, he's just below the likes of the Wrecker, and he's stated as being able to hurt Thor (Which everyone has done at one point or another).

The 'Holy' Marvel Handbook, has him at class 50, but that means sweet F.A. to me. After my arguement with G.S. about Fire Lord being only class 50, ive decided to ignore Handbooks completely.

Its not as if writers read them !

thesilverspider
Mr.hyde is a Rhino type guy who is strong but nothing more.He gets beat by the likes of spiderman and even to rookies like the young avengers.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
If you go by the comics, he's just below the likes of the Wrecker, and he's stated as being able to hurt Thor (Which everyone has done at one point or another).

The 'Holy' Marvel Handbook, has him at class 50, but that means sweet F.A. to me. After my arguement with G.S. about Fire Lord being only class 50, ive decided to ignore Handbooks completely.

Its not as if writers read them !
So you have noticed also that the handbooks are crap.
That's why I was like no when you were asking for the ultimate universe handbook.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by thesilverspider
So you have noticed also that the handbooks are crap.
That's why I was like no when you were asking for the ultimate universe handbook.

IMO they are the bane of the Marvel universe, infact i think theyre the main contributer to Marvel power levels inconsistency .

From now on im going to pretend they don't exist, i.e. like the D.C. universe.

That way you can make fairer statements about strength and power levels, based only on eveidence from the comics.

After all most writers and artists ignore them as well.

outarddwarf
i concur!

grey fox
I think he was about class 25 ?

Black Adam
Strength varies with the type of formula he uses and how much he uses.

so he can be a 25 toner one day and a 50 toner another.

The Ion
I love handbooks as much as I love wiki. droolio

King_Mungi
So 25-50 tons? that's not to impressive.

Black Adam
Originally posted by King_Mungi
So 25-50 tons? that's not to impressive.

Well the thing with hide is that writers can make him as strong as they want to fit the story. and it won't be seen as inconstant power levels because if the way he gets his strength in the first place.

If but yeah from most of his appearances that I've seen from him he seems to stay in the 25-60 ton area. But if the writers want to they can have him take a formula that makes him a 80- 100 toner if they want to.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by The Ion

Well each to their own .... although you do seem like a 'Marvel Bio' type of person. Wiki on the other hand is great, i love it how you can write bull shit on it and no one realises for months on end !

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Black Adam
Well the thing with hide is that writers can make him as strong as they want to fit the story. and it won't be seen as inconstant power levels because if the way he gets his strength in the first place.

If but yeah from most of his appearances that I've seen from him he seems to stay in the 25-60 ton area. But if the writers want to they can have him take a formula that makes him a 80- 100 toner if they want to.

If you replace the stats with the words Heavy weights and Middle weights , you have a very good explanaition.

Black Adam
If you replace the stats with the words Heavy weights and Middle weights , you have a very good explanaition.

Que?

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Black Adam
Que?

The Marvel tonnage sytsem is flawed in the fact that no writers ever use it !!!!!!!!!!

Therefore :

25-60 ton = Middle Weight Fighters

80- 100 toner = Heavy Weight fighters.

The Ion
Well each to their own .... although you do seem like a 'Marvel Bio' type of person. Wiki on the other hand is great, i love it how you can write bull shit on it and no one realises for months on end !
Really though. It's only flawed in the strength ratings but Marvel was stupid, or maybe didn't have a foresight, to create their tonnage system anyway.

soleran30
Well that and the fact these people lift weights and do things that should make them crumble under their own weightsmile

thesilverspider
Yes,The wiki........droolio

who?-kid
Hyde is a typical brawler : big mouth because he's strong and tough, but that's about it. Spider-Man, CA (even DD I think) have beaten him quite easily.

The dumb ass even knocked himself out simply by running into Thor.

R.O.T. Yahman
Really though. It's only flawed in the strength ratings but Marvel was stupid, or maybe didn't have a foresight, to create their tonnage system anyway.

That... doesn't really make sense ?

The Ion
That... doesn't really make sense ?
I meant they didnt have enough foresight but anyways, thats not the point. The point is theres nothing wrong with the handbooks outside of strength ratings.

who?-kid
Both handbooks AND writers mess up.

R.O.T. Yahman
I meant they didnt have enough foresight but anyways, thats not the point. The point is theres nothing wrong with the handbooks outside of strength ratings.

I disagree, the whole power raitings thing is a sham ..... The actual Bio's themselves are very useful, although noty always 100 % accurate.

roughrider
Didn't he start out as a Daredevil villain?
He's been from 2 tons to 20 to somewhere around 50?
He once tried to brawl with the Grey Hulk, but Hulk just swatted him away, saying his breath is stronger than Hyde.

No clear answer.

King_Mungi
I know Sasquatch layed him out with one punch.

Arahan
Jubilee gave him a head butt and he
was knocked out for 3 days.

olympian
Hyde fluctuates alot. Cant really say.

But 20-25 tons area seems low.

Black Adam
Originally posted by Arahan
Jubilee gave him a head butt and he
was knocked out for 3 days.

So Hyde is Rhino jr?

King_Mungi
Another question, how strong was exo-suit Thing?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.