Favorite Clothing Brand?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Punker69
So whos your favorite designer or what brand of cloths do you like sporting the most?

#1Banana Republic

#2Express

finti
allways used to wear Levi`s, but now I wear a Norwegian brand called, Batistini (yeah what a real Norwegian name roll eyes (sarcastic) ) They have everything from denims to nice suits, (underwear included)

DiamondBullets
shirts: Ecko

jeans: South Pole

windbreakers: Adidas

jackets: Ecko

hats: FuBu

beanies: my university

shades: Ray Ban

watch: Seiko

shoes: Jordans

basketball shorts: Nike

dress shoes: St. Johns Bay

dress shirts: Van Heusen

dress pants: Cherokee

cool you know how I do.......

tabby999
god, such commitment to a brand. the only "brand" i used to buy was Converse shoes, now i dont even get them, brands tend to be so overpriced your not paying for quality, just the name

debbiejo
Chic Jeans generally.

mechmoggy
Jeans - Diesel

Shirts - French Connection

Tops - Peter Werth, Fred Perry

Trainers - Addidas

Hoodies - A&F

KharmaDog
I don't pick my clothes based on brand name nor would I say I have a favourite brand. I'm not really into wearing something just because of who makes it, I just want something that I think looks good and is made well.

I always thought that it was interesting that the fashion industry convinced people that it was hip to walk around as one of their own personal billboards. I often wonder if some of the people who but into that ever figure that out (especially the ones that think they're anti establishment), but I guess that's a different topic altogether.

botankus
loose jeans
NFL and old metal T-shirts
dark socks
boots

So whoever makes that stuff, that's my answer.

mechmoggy
I don't think there's anything wrong with buying clothes because you like a designer name-tag. I do because I like the designs, and it makes me feel good about myself.

What is wrong is judging someone else because they haven't got designer clothes. That's not cool.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by mechmoggy
I do because I like the designs, and it makes me feel good about myself.

Can you please explain that to me, I just don't get that.

Fishy
I really don't care about brands, although thats kinda stupid to say because I only have brand clothes in my closet... I just buy them because I like the way it looks.

However I can see why people like wearing brand clothes, sometimes the "cheap" things I see here are just ugly, it screams "I'm poor" and most people probably wouldn't like giving that impression.

debbiejo
Well I know for me, that "Chic" jeans are what I look best in and are also comfy. I look for comfort and look first, not the designer.

Lana
What brand is my favorite? Whatever brand happens to make the stuff I like and buy. I don't buy stuff from one particular brand, and actively avoid stuff like A&F, American Eagle, etc, because they're disgustingly overpriced and I don't like their clothes.

But I will say the juniors jeans from Target (I can't remember the brand name, I think it's Mossimo) fit me better and more comfortably than any other ones I've tried, so I tend to buy those...but it's more because they fit better, not because I'm loyal to the brand.

PVS
whatever is inexpensive and doesnt fall apart after 2 washes.
only brand i seek is levis for jeans...simply because they are taylored better.
other than that i dont give a shit about brands. whatever you buy,
no matter how expensive it is, it was still most likely made in some sweatshop
by a 12 year old girl out of the same shitty material as the cheap brands.

mechmoggy
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Can you please explain that to me, I just don't get that.

I buy clothes that I feel compliment me, and therefore make me feel good about myself.

Everyone does it, nobody tries something on and says, "God I look crap in this, I'll take it!". We buy a style because it appeals to us.

Capt_Fantastic
You'd be hard pressed to find anything in my closet that isn't Banana Republic, Express or Hollister.

Zebina
neiman marcus

debbiejo
Oh Neman Marcus eh??? Hmmm must be making some money there. Marshall Fields is nice too.........

Inspectah Deck
Nike

soleran30
10 years ago it would have been my workout gear and now it seems like I spend most of my time in suits and dress up clothes and cuz I am a lazy single guy that would mean men's warehouse...........

otherwise levi's and my old doc martens

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by Punker69
So whos your favorite designer or what brand of cloths do you like sporting the most?

#1Banana Republic

#2Express
I'm not much on brand. I don't really care where it came from, as long as it fits and I think it looks good then I'll wear it. But I DO love HT brands like Tripp.

Zebina
Originally posted by debbiejo
Oh Neman Marcus eh??? Hmmm must be making some money there. Marshall Fields is nice too.........

Well when you're working full time, have no house payments, and you're single, you can afford it big grin

Makedde
I don't buy the expensive stuff, I shop at Target, lol. I can't afford expensive stuff, but my favourite brand of clothes is Caroline Morgan. Nice clothes that look great, but are at a price I can afford. smile

debbiejo
You sound like a commercial.........lol

Lana
Originally posted by Makedde
I don't buy the expensive stuff, I shop at Target, lol. I can't afford expensive stuff, but my favourite brand of clothes is Caroline Morgan. Nice clothes that look great, but are at a price I can afford. smile

I love Target laughing out loud

BackFire
Whatever is the cheapest/most comfortable.

Makedde
I find the more expensive clothes don't last as long...I bought an Adidas jacket once, washed it like the instructions said, and it shrank! I have clothes from Target that are years old, and look as good as new.

I don't get why anyone would pay $50 for a shirt with a name brand on it, when they could get the same shirt, minus the name brand, at Target for under $10.

furryman
whatever i find that's cheap, usually in charity shops.

debbiejo
UGG boots are cool. A little on the expensive side, but so light weight with moose and lamb... happy

Zebina
I find the more expensive clothes don't last as long...I bought an Adidas jacket once, washed it like the instructions said, and it shrank! I have clothes from Target that are years old, and look as good as new.

I don't get why anyone would pay $50 for a shirt with a name brand on it, when they could get the same shirt, minus the name brand, at Target for under $10.

Where the hell are you shopping for Adidas jackets???

I bought a Adidas jacket last week for 15 dollars

Zebina
UGG boots are cool. A little on the expensive side, but so light weight with moose and lamb... happy

Oh god UGGs are soooo adorable, I'm thinking about buying some

debbiejo
They last forever too. They are soooooooooooo warm and light, like I said.....

Capt_Fantastic
Okay, I'm not going to say that I look down on people who don't spend 75 dollars on a shirt. I honestly don't. I shop at the stores in which I shop for one reason. Fashion. If I could buy a shirt that was cut in the style I am going for, then I would gladly spend less money. However, I can buy a shirt at Hollister that is the right length, style and pattern that I'm looking for but I can't in many other stores. American Eagle and Abercrombie versions are not cut the same. I don't feel comfortable in a tee shirt that is cut like a box. And that's what it really comes down to, what you feel confident wearing. Maybe I'm shallow.

Lana

Exactly....which is why I mostly shop in Target. They're cheap, and the clothes last.

Originally posted by Zebina
Oh god UGGs are soooo adorable, I'm thinking about buying some

Gaaah, those are SO ugly.

Makedde
Originally posted by Zebina
Where the hell are you shopping for Adidas jackets???

I don't know. My mum bought it at this shop that sold only brand name stuff. She got it years ago, cost her $80!!! One wash and it shrank. Never bought a brand name again.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Lana
Gaaah, those are SO ugly. Well, if you're looking for something to wear out to the clubs.........these are not them......

Lana
Well, if you're looking for something to wear out to the clubs.........these are not them......

I don't go out to clubs...I just prefer to wear clothes that look nice and are comfy.

I don't follow fashion trends at all, because 99% of the time the stuff that's fashionable is hideous.

dave123
Dave's own hand made birthday suits big grin

Quiero Mota
Westcoast Choppers, Dickies, Fila, various football and baseball jerseys

My typical casual attire: white wifebeater, khakis, and a pair of sneakers

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Westcoast Choppers, Dickies, Fila, various football and baseball jerseys

My typical casual attire: white wifebeater, khakis, and a pair of sneakers

Chuck Taylors?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I'm the same as some others here, in that I don't really care what brand I've been tricked into advertising. However, I do have an almost religious adherence to wearing DC shoes; I like their style and they are robust enough to cope with the battering I give them.

If I was pushed to give a description of my clothing style, it'd be something like this: DC Shoes, white shin-high socks, lime green speedos, a tight top with holes in it and frills at the bottom, a purple Fedora and a smirk on my face. That's how I roll...

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
Chuck Taylors?

What? the shoes? No, usually either Filas or Lugz.

Punker69
Here's a good tip I keep in mind.

Whenever you go to a nice store look for the things that are on sale. Most of the time the things on the sale rack are just as good and have a decent price tag attached to them.

I found some good stuff on the sale rack at Banana Republic the other day that wasn't too expensive but nice.

Also, dont ever buy t-shirts for like 25 or 30 dollars. Not only because its overpriced but because you'll often see the same shirts on sale a few weeks later. This is because the stuff doesn't cost them alot to make in the first place and they jack up the price alot.

The most i'll spend for a t-shirt is about 15 to 20 dollars.

Dress-up clothing on the other hand i'll end up spending alot of money on. I just like looking good when im dressing up.

For instance, Im going to buy a pair of 140 dollar shoes from Banana Republic next week. Overpriced? Maybe. But there nice shoes that look awsome and are going to look awesome on me.

bartdude
hollister

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Here's a good tip I keep in mind.

Whenever you go to a nice store look for the things that are on sale. Most of the time the things on the sale rack are just as good and have a decent price tag attached to them.

Woah! Run that past me again, Punk...Are you saying things that are on sale are...cheaper? Woah! You're a genius! Shout it loud, Punk Boy! Tell the world your wisdom! Share it! SHARE IT!

bartdude
American Eagle

Punker69
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Woah! Run that past me again, Punk...Are you saying things that are on sale are...cheaper? Woah! You're a genius! Shout it loud, Punk Boy! Tell the world your wisdom! Share it! SHARE IT!

Your an idiot.

I dont even say that.

I said that when you go to NICE STORES like BR, or Express, of whatever the heck other stores you go to first look through any sale racks they might have. The stuff there is nice too. Dont be a snob and just walk right past them. And if you dont have alot of money but still want to shop at stores like that then thats also a good route to take.

Lana
Your an idiot.

I dont even say that.

I said that when you go to NICE STORES like BR, or Express, of whatever the heck other stores you go to first look through any sale racks they might have. The stuff there is nice too. Dont be a snob and just walk right past them. And if you dont have alot of money but still want to shop at stores like that then thats also a good route to take.

Well duh the stuff on the clearance rack is just as nice as the rest of the stuff in the store....every few weeks or so all their merchandise gets moved to the clearance rack.

Where do you think I go first when I go shopping? Clearance racks stick out tongue

PVS
my cloths have holes in them embarrasment

Punker69
Well duh the stuff on the clearance rack is just as nice as the rest of the stuff in the store....every few weeks or so all their merchandise gets moved to the clearance rack.

Where do you think I go first when I go shopping? Clearance racks stick out tongue

I was just saying that for people who are A: too proud to shop in the clearence sections or B: dont have enough money to shop at nice stores. Im just saying that you can still shop at nice stores because most of em have clearence racks with nice stuff as well.

brainchild81
1. Nike
2.Polo
3.Ecko
4.Adidas

debbiejo
What's the deal with Adidas...........I wear Nikes............oh so much better...form fitting........mmmmmmmmm comfort.

Lana
I was just saying that for people who are A: too proud to shop in the clearence sections or B: dont have enough money to shop at nice stores. Im just saying that you can still shop at nice stores because most of em have clearence racks with nice stuff as well.

I tend to avoid the "nice" stores because the clothes they sell I can't stand. Plain and simple. I can't stand that preppy garbage they sell at A&F or AE.

Punker69
I was kind of thinkin more along the lines of Banana Republic or Express. Not stores like GAP or Old Navy.

Im actually just kind of getting into stores like American Eagle and Areopostale for alot of my casual cloths. Like t-shirts and jeans and stuff. Dress up cloths I get elsewhere.

Lana
I was kind of thinkin more along the lines of Banana Republic or Express. Not stores like GAP or Old Navy.

Im actually just kind of getting into stores like American Eagle and Areopostale for alot of my casual cloths. Like t-shirts and jeans and stuff. Dress up cloths I get elsewhere.

Still can't stand the crap they sell there. Far too preppy for my tastes.

debbiejo

Im actually just kind of getting into stores like American Eagle and Areopostale for alot of my casual cloths. Like t-shirts and jeans and stuff. Dress up cloths I get elsewhere. Banana Republic has some great stuff, but I think that store is all about the name.........sorry...

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Your an idiot.

The classic response from one who sees his own reflection in the insults he uses. 'Your'.

Woah! More specific genius! 'Nice' stores have sales, and...and...and...and their stuff is also cheaper than the other stuff they sell. I'm going to have to write that one down too. Got any more pearls?

crazylozer
Sidney Crosby demands the best for his game. That's why he chooses RBK Gear. And so do I.

I kid, I kid. For me, it's basically whatever's durable and isn't pink.

Punker69
The classic response from one who sees his own reflection in the insults he uses. 'Your'.

Woah! More specific genius! 'Nice' stores have sales, and...and...and...and their stuff is also cheaper than the other stuff they sell. I'm going to have to write that one down too. Got any more pearls?

Wow, your an idiot. And your post are stupid. Seriously, stop responding.

Punker69
Banana Republic has some great stuff, but I think that store is all about the name.........sorry...

Yeah, the name is what original attracted me to the store. I think it may have the best name out of all the department stores. But they still do have alot of nice stuff like you said. A little overpriced? Maybe, but that comes with the territory of shoping at a store like it.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Wow, your an idiot. And your post are stupid. Seriously, stop responding.

Obviously, the 'your' is now intentional, but is the use of 'are' after a singular noun? I doubt it.

Interesting name, 'Banana Republic'. It's a pity the company seeks to use a pejorative term used for Caribbean countries run by despotic individuals. I can see why you might find it attractive seeing as you enjoy doing what you're told..."BUY ME! I HAVE A COOL LABEL! BUY ME!"

RedAlertv2
Any shirt with a cool band on it, though not from Hot Topic if I can help it. And a good pair of jeans. Brand isnt important

Punker69
Obviously, the 'your' is now intentional, but is the use of 'are' after a singular noun? I doubt it.

Interesting name, 'Banana Republic'. It's a pity the company seeks to use a pejorative term used for Caribbean countries run by despotic individuals. I can see why you might find it attractive seeing as you enjoy doing what you're told..."BUY ME! I HAVE A COOL LABEL! BUY ME!"

Now your pointing out grammar. How lame.

Not that I have to explain anything to you but I dont buy the cloths for the name I buy it because it looks nice. I said, THE NAME IS WHAT ORIGINALY ATTRACTED ME TO THE STORE. Read next time sparky.

Like I said, your an idiot. Stop trying to make yourself look good by starting arguments over something so stupid.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
You should have just replied "Woof, woof!" considering my whole previous post sailed way over your head. Good stuff. Now about those wonderful insights of yours, got any more? I'm looking for some helpful observations like 'water is wet', 'the Earth is round', etc...

Morgoths_Wrath

Adam_PoE
Express, The Gap, and Hollister.

brainchild81
What's the deal with Adidas...........I wear Nikes............oh so much better...form fitting........mmmmmmmmm comfort. Nike is better(that's why I had them 1st), but those classic 3 stripes are always gonna be cool.

brainchild81
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Express, The Gap, and Hollister. I still have a Structure racing jacket I took from a friend. It's my favorite jacket. He can't fit it it anymore anyway. When they turned into "Express for Men", I stopped f**king w/'em. If you gotta put "for men" in it, it's not really for men. Next they'll be selling "panties for men". I won't buy. They should stop f**king around and bring Structure back.

MetallicaT
Blue Marlin
Lucky brand
Puma

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4443/sexy8do.th.png

yes

Darth Jello
my clothing is completely covered in corporate logos. they make me look fashionable. In fact, i've found that i can't perform sexually without the knowledge that as many people suffered and died as possible for the clothes that i wear.
just kidding
actually i make my own silk by chewing up leaves, wood, and dried up old bitsof newspaper. I then cut different articles of clothing from the chrysalis i weave by secreting said silk from two spinarets housed in my sigmoid colon

Ladyluck
I really don't care for clothing brands. I shop at a lot used clothing stores and I like band t-shirts.

Eis
Most of my clothes are Levi's, A&F and AE. Which I know might sound preppy but I don't really look preppy at all...

papabeard
Brands are for the lost

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Darth Jello
actually i make my own silk by chewing up leaves, wood, and dried up old bitsof newspaper. I then cut different articles of clothing from the chrysalis i weave by secreting said silk from two spinarets housed in my sigmoid colon

How can you choose to do things like that with your body? It's an insult to baby Jesus and the undisputable word of his father, Santa Claus

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by brainchild81
INext they'll be selling "panties for men".

That's a silly comparisson. They've been selling panties for men for years.

brainchild81
They call 'em "panties for men"?

Capt_Fantastic
They call 'em "panties for men"?

exactly, you're seeing the absurdity. No one is ever going to sell a style of underware called "panties for men". And if they exist, it's a joke directed at gay men.

brainchild81
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
exactly, you're seeing the absurdity. No one is ever going to sell a style of underware called "panties for men". Then the comparison wasn't silly. Thank you.

Capt_Fantastic
Then the comparison wasn't silly. Thank you.

Oh, it was silly. I just wanted to make sure it was clear to everyone that "Express for Men" was a store for gay people, in your opinion.

Morgoths_Wrath
Oh, it was silly. I just wanted to make sure it was clear to everyone that "Express for Men" was a store for gay people, in your opinion.

not true!!

Darth Jello
How can you choose to do things like that with your body? It's an insult to baby Jesus and the undisputable word of his father, Santa Claus

i do not answer to these false deities. only the lawyers of stan lee and the estate of steve ditko frighten me now.

Capt_Fantastic
i do not answer to these false deities. only the lawyers of stan lee and the estate of steve ditko frighten me now.

LOL...

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
not true!!

So it's a store for gay men in your opinion too?

ILoveMyDaniel
I tend to avoid the "nice" stores because the clothes they sell I can't stand. Plain and simple. I can't stand that preppy garbage they sell at A&F or AE.
I'm 100% with you on this.

Punker69 please use the proper usage of you're. Heheh.

Punker69
exactly, you're seeing the absurdity. No one is ever going to sell a style of underware called "panties for men". And if they exist, it's a joke directed at gay men.

Express is a store for alot of gay men. Lets just face the facts. Even though I shop there (im straight) I still always see gay men shopping there and almost every guy I see working there is gay.

brainchild81
Oh, it was silly. I just wanted to make sure it was clear to everyone that "Express for Men" was a store for gay people, in your opinion. But you don't know what you're talking about. You're making assumptions.

Capt_Fantastic
But you don't know what you're talking about. You're making assumptions.

Oh yes, I am. I'm making assumptions about your opinion and what drives it...however:

Express is a store for alot of gay men. Lets just face the facts. Even though I shop there (im straight) I still always see gay men shopping there and almost every guy I see working there is gay.

Is a pretty good reason to assume your motivation in saying that you won't shop there because it's called Express FOR MEN

Capt_Fantastic
Just for a bit of behind the scenes info, here's a link I found

http://www.visualstore.com/index.php/channel/10/id/3387

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by papabeard
Brands are for the lost

Agreed

Nothing is better than a white tee or a Lacoste shirt no2

Punker69
that you won't shop there because it's called Express FOR MEN

I do shop there.

WrathfulDwarf
I like Dickies, Adidas, Hugo Boss Suits, London Fog, Reebok and that's pretty much it...and whatever I like from any Indoor Swaap Meet.

Inspectah Deck
What's the deal with Adidas...........I wear Nikes............oh so much better...form fitting........mmmmmmmmm comfort.

Nike Shox>>>>>Adidas

brainchild81
Oh yes, I am. I'm making assumptions about your opinion and what drives it...however:

Is a pretty good reason to assume your motivation in saying that you won't shop there because it's called Express FOR MEN Quoting what somebody else said doesn't prove anything. I really don't know whether gays shop there or not because the moment they changed the name, I stopped going. You're being a rude gay guy now. Stop it.

Capt_Fantastic
So, when Hanes starts producing a ling called "His Way" you'll realize that mens underware isn't two dinesional?

Darth Jello

Just out of curiosity, is a "gaydar" just a fancy term for an erection?

Capt_Fantastic
Just out of curiosity, is a "gaydar" just a fancy term for an erection?

No, gaydar is a term for an instinct that provides the person who has it with an innate sense of the sexual orientation of an observed individual. (Whob, you can use this as a "definition" later on in one of your arguments if you'd like)

That being said, tons of gay men shop at Express...however my point from the beginning has been that not only gay men shop at Express. ....for men.

Darth Jello
exactly, an erection

Capt_Fantastic
exactly, an erection

BOING!

StyleTime
No, gaydar is a term for an instinct that provides the person who has it with an innate sense of the sexual orientation of an observed individual. (Whob, you can use this as a "definition" later on in one of your arguments if you'd like)

Did you just say gaydar was an instinct? lol

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by StyleTime
Did you just say gaydar was an instinct? lol

I did. Kind of. That depends on your upbringing....so that's environmental. (Sorry everyone who thinks they know best)

hopefully, you realize it's all a joke....I hope? yes?

StyleTime
I did. Kind of. That depends on your upbringing....so that's environmental. (Sorry everyone who thinks they know best)

hopefully, you realize it's all a joke....I hope? yes?
Of course I knew it was a joke.

I was laughing because I kept imagining primitive man having to use his gaydar instinct in the wild. I kept wondering like WTF happened to make humans evolve a gaydar instinct.

Well....I found it humorous.

Capt_Fantastic
Jim Neighbors is singing somewhere at this very moment.

I promise.

StyleTime
*Finds him in Alaska*

HA! NOT SO FANTASTIC NOW!!!!

Capt_Fantastic
*Finds him in Alaska*

HA! NOT SO FANTASTIC NOW!!!!

ALWAYS Fantastic.

Just not so much FABULOUS!

K.Diddy
I dont have a favourite brand, I dont even know what brand my shoes and jeans are,and dont care

StyleTime
ALWAYS Fantastic.

Just not so much FABULOUS! laughing laughing laughing

Capt_Fantastic
*Finds him in Alaska*

He's dead, by the way

StyleTime
Nice try. You're not fooling me.

vpokdekjyafmidp
matix, dickies, kr3w, fallen, enjoi, DC, Emerica, Adio, DVS

DE Calvin
Hollister
and for shoes: Asics or something

vpokdekjyafmidp
i dont like hollister for one reason: they call themselves a surf company. but they really arent a surf company

DE Calvin
Originally posted by vpokdekjyafmidp
i dont like hollister for one reason: they call themselves a surf company. but they really arent a surf company
I like the clothes, not the company.

vpokdekjyafmidp
and abercrombie and lacoste is like 70$ a shirt. wtf who buys that?

rich people

DE Calvin
I only have like 2 abercromie shirts.

StyleTime
Originally posted by K.Diddy
I dont have a favourite brand, I dont even know what brand my shoes and jeans are,and dont care
Agreed. To hell with brands.

Morgoths_Wrath
Agreed. To hell with brands.

some brands make better clothing than others..

and some brands charge more for the same quality clothing than others

vpokdekjyafmidp
thats why i go for t shirts

RedAlertv2
I wear some Old Navy shirts, but nothing with the brand name on the front.

meep-meep
Lol. ok. a thread about favortie clothing brands...I guess my favortie clothing is the kind that isn't what the guy who started this thread wears.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.