Civil War Rumor (possible spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Rumor is Thor will be back during the Civil War cross over, and a major villian finds his hammer which fell from the heavens.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by the Darkone
Rumor is Thor will be back during the Civil War cross over, and a major villian finds his hammer which fell from the heavens.
Doom is the one on the cover of FF4 holding the hammer.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by thesilverspider
Doom is the one on the cover of FF4 holding the hammer.

W.T.F ???????

Does that make Doom the most powerful guy on the planet ? I.e. he's second only to Doctor Starnge in magical abilities, he has the strength and durability on par with Iron man, and he now has Moljnir possibly the second most powerful weapon in the universe.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
W.T.F ???????

Does that make Doom the most powerful guy on the planet ? I.e. he's second only to Doctor Starnge in magical abilities, he has the strength and durability on par with Iron man, and he now has Moljnir possibly the second most powerful weapon in the universe.
Well we don't know the details just yet.Doom second only to Strange in magic HELL NO I can think of alot more guys above Doom in the magic department.Well the book comes out near the end of the month so we'll see what happens.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by thesilverspider
Well we don't know the details just yet.Doom second only to Strange in magic HELL NO I can think of alot more guys above Doom in the magic department.Well the book comes out near the end of the month so we'll see what happens.

Doom mayed a pact with some demons to become the most powerful sorceror in the world, b4 he died !

Disappear
the hammer is still touching the ground on that cover, if i recall correctly. doom may not be able to lift it, if he's unworthy and all, and may not be able to wield the power of thor. and, you know, having had his soul completely separated from his body and cast into extradimensional space to atrophy might have ****ed up his chances.

steverules
Doom rules. So does Thor so I hope he is returning, what about Doom though, I thought he was dead?

GalacticStorm
he has the strength and durability on par with Iron man, B]

Since when? confused

Lucid Lui
I cannot wait for Thor's return.

Marcus4600
http://www.idealworks.com.br/img/wallpaper/wallpaper/thor.jpg

Stand thee back all, as mighty THOR doth own all of the Marvel universe once again!
http://jerome.galica.free.fr/marvel/Avengers/thor/marvel_thor_02_rar.gif

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Since when? confused

Maybe his armor rivals it, but I doubt that it is on par...

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Maybe his armor rivals it, but I doubt that it is on par...

Ok .... what ever .

Maybe Namor rivals Aquaman, but he's certainly not on par !!!!!!!!!

The Ion
Reading the info about how Doom comes back almost makes Mjolnir Marvel's version of Superboy Prime's "retcon punch." laughing out loud

DigiMark007
Originally posted by the Darkone

For future refernce, don't give away the spoilers in the thread title. There are som among us on the forum who prefer to read the developments rather than have them ruined beforehand. Personally, I don't mind but there's been complaints about this stuff before.

I'll be changing the thread title.

DarkCrawler
Ok .... what ever .

Maybe Namor rivals Aquaman, but he's certainly not on par !!!!!!!!!

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/censored.gif

When it comes to strength, I doubt that Doom is on Iron Man level, though. He's had some successful h2h fights with Namor (On land an underwater) but as soon as Namor has gotten angry, he's trumped Doom. While Iron Man usually fares better.

who?-kid
Like Doom needs that hammer to kick ass.

TheKahn
Originally posted by who?-kid
Like Doom needs that hammer to kick ass.

No he doesn't, but it would exponentially increase the volume of ass he could kick at a given time. smile

Does it seem like Doom is up to something involving Asgardian magic/technology to anybody else? He has already copied the design for the mystical fragment that powered Iron Man's Thorbuster armor. And now there is this deal involving Mjlonir.

BlaqChaos
I think it's a fair guess that when Thor's hammer falls to Earth, it's going to land in Latveria.

The Ion
It lands in Oklahoma.

grey fox
Originally posted by The Ion
It lands in Oklahoma.

.....Or maybe in smallvile so someone can finnaly take that damn punk Superboy prime out. He keeps wrecking shit left right and center. It's time someone kicked his ass....

The Ion
Originally posted by grey fox
.....Or maybe in smallvile so someone can finnaly take that damn punk Superboy prime out. He keeps wrecking shit left right and center. It's time someone kicked his ass....
Nah, Thor would get hit with the retcon punch if he tried stepping up to SBP.

grey fox
Originally posted by The Ion
Nah, Thor would get hit with the retcon punch if he tried stepping up to SBP.

...damn.

Blair Wind
theres a trailer up on marvel

http://www.marvel.com/news/-1.230

Marcus4600
Looks amazing, but I had a feeling the New Warriors would screw something up. F*cking speedball. I hope he's dead.

Black Adam
Originally posted by Marcus4600
Looks amazing, but I had a feeling the New Warriors would screw something up. F*cking speedball. I hope he's dead.

I heard because of the nature of his powers he would most likely be the survivor.

But I guess they can ignore Character history and powers for the sake of story.
Everyone else seems to be doing it in comics nowadays...

Disappear
quesada's been telling people, outright, that he's gonna off speedball unless someone suggested someone he liked less and who made more sense. i always enjoyed speedball's power feats, but never cared too much for the kid. oh well.

Black Adam
Originally posted by Disappear
quesada's been telling people, outright, that he's gonna off speedball unless someone suggested someone he liked less and who made more sense. i always enjoyed speedball's power feats, but never cared too much for the kid. oh well.

I could just be that joe is lying and just messing with the fans.....Or he really does hate speedball and would kill off a character just because he doesn't like his name.......

King_Mungi
Well he did have an interview saying he hated the character and wanted to kill him. Then later released a Kill Speedball poster set to Kill Bill.

Black Adam
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Well he did have an interview saying he hated the character and wanted to kill him. Then later released a Kill Speedball poster set to Kill Bill.

I still think he's joking around and messing with the fans.

King_Mungi
Maybe, I never cared for the character so I'm impartial

The Ion
He said the same thing about bringing Thor back. Thor's obviously bigger and more important than Speedball but still. Quesada is just a hypeman anyway.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.