This is spinal tap..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deano
i bought the mgm dvd version.

should i get the criterion edition? whats the difference. the only thing i know of is that the commentary on the mgm edition has the actors talking in character! and the criterion edition has the normal commentary without them acting. is it worth buying both?

Cinemaddiction
Here's a good comparison.

MGM vs Criterion

Just be ready to shell out $100 for it.

Deano
wtf? 100 bloody notes? why?

have u got both versions? if so ..whats your opinion?

Deano
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/982/spnalta7dn.jpg

sig in honour

MildPossession

Cinemaddiction
Highest on eBay, brand new, is $175. Criterion wins by a mile, IMO. The band commentary (in character) on the MGM release is great, and the picture is a little more vibrant, but Criterion's extras always win out. Their transfers on the first release weren't all that great. "Silence of the Lambs" for instance is WAY too dark. I have the Universal SE as well, which is nice and clean.

Deano

MildPossession
Tut tut Deano.

adscrawler
the band 1 were they are in character is well funny...

he can lie with a strait face

he can lie with a grin on his face!!!!

Deano
i'll check the commentary out tonight

tabby999
i bought a 2 disk edition for $15 and it has the band commentary on it, pretty good stuff, them listing nearly everyone else as dead to show a passage of time made me laugh pretty hard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.