Sons and Daughters...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AlCzervik
I've been seeing these commercials since the superbowl at least and def looking forward to it. It looks like it should be pretty funny. ANyway, starts tonight and wanted to see if anyone else is gonna be watchin.

?

cool

ps...here's a link to a youtube page that has a clip in case u havent seen it.

sons and daughters clip

Makedde
This is obviously an American sitcom, here we had a show called that, but was a drama, made in the early 80's.

AlCzervik
Indeed it is....and I had a great time watching it....hilarious i thought. great lead up to Boston Legal and a pretty impressive 2 episode run.

anyone else think that the 13 year old daugter with the glasses was ridiculously funny?

powerfulone1987
I was just about to make a thread on this.

You beat me to it. It'll take some time to get over this one.

But anyway.

I was looking forward to this too. Although I liked it, it wasn't all that I thought it would be. But I'll still continue to watch. Nothing else on at that time anyway.

And from the commercials, I figured I'd like the girl with the glasses the most and I was right. I like her character, she is funny.

She reminds me of Sarah Lane from "Attack of the Show" on the G4 Network.

The way she talks and gets things out and the way she acts and the way she moves when she talks and just her mannerisms when speaking is just like Sarah Lane, and they don't look that much different from each other, although they don't exactly look like twins either.

This show is done very similar in the way that "Arrested Development", and since that show was just cancelled, is that a good thing right now.

This show overall is good.

I also liked how they showed the Mom and her son walking on the lawn up to the house, b/c you don't normally get outside scenes like that, just inside the home scenes and stuff like that, so although it's not that big of a thing, it just smacked me in the face b/c hardly any shows every show people outside of the house or walking up to the house, they just show the people showing up at the door or something like that.

is it comprehensible.....

AlCzervik
glad to have someone else who's interested....hahah. I see what you're talking about with the lawn scene...I never really thought about it like that, but its true.

I like daughter with the glasses as well...but also just really thought that Cameron (fred goss) and Carrie (short haired girl) were really funny.

definitely gonna watch more.

Solo
This was horrible. Agonizing, I might add.

powerfulone1987
I can see who someone could say that.

AlCzervik
Agonizing? pretty strong words for a comedy...how exactly was agonizing?

i mean...the show played the grateful dead right off the bat...that already put in the books as a chill show IMO.

I think ya'll gone crazy...and powerfulone.....you can see how someone would say that? why? just bc its a single-camera comedy???

omaga
Originally posted by Makedde
This is obviously an American sitcom, here we had a show called that, but was a drama, made in the early 80's.

lol i remember big grin that was rubbish.

AlCzervik
I think I actually remember that now that I think back on it....or at least i remember the image of it...very cheesy looking 80s show.

for anyone who did watch on Tues night....by FAR my favorite line:

"I'm sorry..."

"It's ok."

"...to tell you the Colonel was MURDERED!"

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by AlCzervik
Agonizing? pretty strong words for a comedy...how exactly was agonizing?

i mean...the show played the grateful dead right off the bat...that already put in the books as a chill show IMO.

I think ya'll gone crazy...and powerfulone.....you can see how someone would say that? why? just bc its a single-camera comedy???
Well like I said, it was good, but wasn't as good as I expected it to be.

And I have a pretty open mind about this show b/c, personally, I could have gone either way.

So I can see how someone wouldn't like this show.

I mean afterall, like I said before, "Arrested Development" was done very similar to this and that's cancelled now, obviously people weren't liking it enough to keep it going.

AlCzervik
I'm pickin up what you're layin down....heheeh.

Well I didn't realize it but on tuesday they're doing another 2 eps back to back...I thought they were just goin to do 1 from here on out. so thats cool.

they have a funny little website i found (okay im a little nerdy) and it has episode summaries....looks like the two for this week will be pretty awesome.

tree of nuts

AlCzervik
anyone watch this week's episodes? a nice mix of uncomfortably funny (the first one) and then a little story-building in the second ep.

it definitely bought me in for another week.

gshkris7272
i thought the begining of the first episode was funny, with the sun dressing in girls clothes.. but i didnt bother to watch the rest.

Solo
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
"Arrested Development" was done very similar to this and that's cancelled now
It kinda ****in' isn't.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Solo
It kinda ****in' isn't.

ummm okay, don't get excited. No idea what you're referring to.

And I watched the new episodes week. They were okay. I was looking forward to the Film the boy made.

It's been a week, so I can't really comment on specifics, so yeah.

AlCzervik
last night's eps might be my favorite to date....good mix of humor and character/plot development.

fav parts:

- the high school aged son with the 21 year old yoga instructor gf.
- whitey doing karaoke..."cher?"
- "the murder was coloneled!!

powerfulone1987
The funniest part was when he twisted and fell off of the stage.

Did anybody else notice that the older girl that the boy was dating was one of the daughters on the show "Step by Step"?

AlCzervik
woah woah woah....i did NOT notice that at all...are you sure?

in any case....when all the guys were drinkin beers on the back porch and she came out, i couldnt stop laughing....reminded me so much of a Nat'l Lampoon scene.

powerfulone1987
Yes, she is definitely from that show. The younger daughter. I use to watch it every Friday on TGIF Channel 8 ABC.

AlCzervik
I remember the show, but totally don't remember her for some reason. weird.

anyway....any favorite parts from the last eps?

i watched again from my dvr and still cant get over the "muder was coloneled"....so ridiculous.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.