Everything is made of Something.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spidervlad
This is a really interesting topic IMO.

Everything is made out of something, no matter what. The telephone, the metal is made out of something. Those parts are made out of something. Those mini parts are made out of something again, and it just keeps on repeating like that, in an never ending cycle.

debbiejo
Yep, energy. Particle waves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wave-particle_duality

Spidervlad
You mis understand, and the energy waves are made out of what? And what was that made of?

Shakyamunison
Everything is made of energy. So, what is energy?

Before you can ask what is energy, you have to know what energy is.

Spidervlad
Exactly my point! What is energy made out of? What are energy particles made up of? It will continue no matter what IMO.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Spidervlad
Exactly my point! What is energy made out of? What are energy particles made up of? It will continue no matter what IMO. That's the question. What is energy made out of because in some studies it seems to have an intelligence to it.

Shakyamunison

debbiejo
Nothingness??? eek!

Where's that box?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
Nothingness??? eek!

Where's that box?

Shhhhhhhhhh Don't give away the end. mad jk

Mindship
As far as I understand it, current scientific thinking is that energy is made of space. Of course, then one can ask, What is space made of? And one can answer, energy, in which case now the problem becomes circular, because language is a limited game.

Though mystical schools of thought will tell you, the Ultimate Ground of Being is Consciousness. And if you wanna know what Consciousness is ultimately made of (again, transcending the bounds of language)--meditate!

balloon

debbiejo
That's some smart energy........ smart

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mindship
As far as I understand it, current scientific thinking is that energy is made of space. Of course, then one can ask, What is space made of? And one can answer, energy, in which case now the problem becomes circular, because language is a limited game.

Though mystical schools of thought will tell you, the Ultimate Ground of Being is Consciousness. And if you wanna know what Consciousness is ultimately made of (again, transcending the bounds of language)--meditate!

balloon

Well, space is made of something we call dimensions. Each dimension is like a circle in that they are endless. The first 3 dimensions form the space that we understand and the fourth is time. However, time is not as easy to understand as left, right, up and down. Time is space that is one step removed from our understanding, all we see is a shadow of the dimension. So what would the 5th dimension be?

debbiejo
A singing group?

Mindship
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Well, space is made of something we call dimensions. Each dimension is like a circle in that they are endless. The first 3 dimensions form the space that we understand and the fourth is time. However, time is not as easy to understand as left, right, up and down. Time is space that is one step removed from our understanding, all we see is a shadow of the dimension. So what would the 5th dimension be?

But...what are dimensions made of?
From our perspective, the ultimate stuff is mystery. confused

The 5th dimension? C'mon...

"When the moon is in the seventh house / and Jupiter aligns with Mars..."

debbiejo

band..........on MTV??

It is all mysterious and yet seems to be comprehensible to those many in the science fields. It's what we are. Our inner knowing of sorts with the knowledge of the vibrationial fields and how it affects all. The All effects all. If our inner spiritual emotions had not affected anything then what causes the invisible to affect the visible.??

http://www.life-enthusiast.com/twilight/research_emoto.htm

Shakyamunison
But...what are dimensions made of?
From our perspective, the ultimate stuff is mystery. confused

The 5th dimension? C'mon...

Dimensions are not real. They are a construct that we use to describe a part of a model that can never be correct. I have an idea about what the 5th dimension maybe. But it is only a model and not correct, but it is interesting to think about.

Mindship
Theoretical physicists (as opposed to experimental) will tell ya the ultimate stuff of reality is mathematical relationship, of which dimensions are a part. The "substance" of reality is not the point; it's what the substance does, how it relates to itself (including us) which makes it "real."

Bardock42
Who said that everything is made out of something? And why do we assume it is true?

Shakyamunison
Theoretical physicists (as opposed to experimental) will tell ya the ultimate stuff of reality is mathematical relationship, of which dimensions are a part. The "substance" of reality is not the point; it's what the substance does, how it relates to itself (including us) which makes it "real."

According to string theory, there should be at least 10 to 12 dimensions. What do you think they are?

Mindship
According to string theory, there should be at least 10 to 12 dimensions. What do you think they are?

Limits of language force me to say, that they're "made" of the same stuff as our standard dimensions, only compactified--they didn't expand to macroscopic scale because of the type and arrangement of physical laws (mathematical relationships) which cooled out of the superforce. You know the metaphor: a hose seen from a great distance looks like a one-dimensional line; it's not until we get close that we see there is a 2nd dimension curled up really tight. Same "stuff," just going in a different direction. But as to what to call this "stuff"...pick a word, any word will do (hell, they give quarks "flavors"wink.

Language developed to deal with the ordinary world. Once we start applying it to ultimates, well, it's time to get creative on what we're gonna label things.

Shakyamunison
Limits of language force me to say, that they're "made" of the same stuff as our standard dimensions, only compactified--they didn't expand to macroscopic scale because of the type and arrangement of physical laws (mathematical relationships) which cooled out of the superforce. You know the metaphor: a hose seen from a great distance looks like a one-dimensional line; it's not until we get close that we see there is a 2nd dimension curled up really tight. Same "stuff," just going in a different direction. But as to what to call this "stuff"...pick a word, any word will do (hell, they give quarks "flavors"wink.

Language developed to deal with the ordinary world. Once we start applying it to ultimates, well, it's time to get creative on what we're gonna label things.

There is just no talking to you about this, roll eyes (sarcastic)

laughing

Mindship
There is just no talking to you about this, roll eyes (sarcastic)

laughing

Oh, you can talk...I just don't listen...

evil face rolling on floor laughing evil face

But seriously, folks, what is everyone's favorite flavor of quark?

Atlantis001

They are dimensions of space like the three dimensions we see. So it will be 9 dimensions of space and 1 of time.

debbiejo
But seriously, folks, what is everyone's favorite flavor of quark? Rainbow....You?

Atlantis001
But seriously, folks, what is everyone's favorite flavor of quark?

mmm... charm !?

Mindship
strange praline ain't bad

Atlantis001

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Atlantis001
They are dimensions of space like the three dimensions we see. So it will be 9 dimensions of space and 1 of time.

Time is also space.

Atlantis001

Mindship
I always thought of them as yellow, cuz as a kid, when I drew lightning, I used the yellow crayon, and that's probably because when lightning was drawn in comics it was usually colored yellow.

Shakyamunison

Mindship
red electrons...go figger
probably from the friction with the air as they whizzzzz around the blue and gray nucleus.

Shakyamunison
red electrons...go figger
probably from the friction with the air as they whizzzzz around the blue and gray nucleus.

eek! eek! eek! eek!

*runs away screaming*

Mindship
smokin'

smokin' electron...oh yeah

Shakyamunison
smokin'

smokin' electron...oh yeah

That causes cancer.puke laughing

Atlantis001
I always thought of them as yellow, cuz as a kid, when I drew lightning, I used the yellow crayon, and that's probably because when lightning was drawn in comics it was usually colored yellow.

I think I imagined them blue because usually eletricity is colored blue in tv or comics...

Well... if you imagine they yellow there would be like smileys --> smile
but I imagine more bluish like this --> What the f**k?

debbiejo
I would think it would be a full spectrum.......though only guessing....white bright light.

Mindship

Atlantis001

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.