unofficial KMC Awards

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheKahn
I thought it might be nice to give people a chance to recognize some of the individuals who really contribute to this forum big grin. So please list people in the following categories:

Best Debators:
we have had some great debates here, so who has impressed you the most

Best Experts:
some people really know a lot about a particular character or group, who seems to know the most

Funniest Members:
who cracks you up nearly every time they post

Best Sig Creators:
some people seem to make great ones almost every day, but who's do you like the best

Blair Wind
you know these things always wind up as off topic threads right? evil face let the chaos rule....

but to get things started

Best Debators:
Scoobs, Illadelph, Whirly when he cares to, Galactic Storm, Demigawd just to name a few

Best Experts:
hands down Darkcrawler and Mungi

Funniest Members:
Scoobs

Best Sig Creators:
Hes the man: HS6

Black Adam
Best Debators: GalacticStorm,Scoobs, jrodslam

Best Experts: Darkcrawler,King_Mungi

Funniest Members: Scoobless , Kahn and .................wolverine8888!!!

Best Sig Creators: Don't know....

SnakeEyes
We should really add more categories...

The Ion
Yes because I need an award. sad

Black Adam
Originally posted by The Ion

what category would you fall into?

TheKahn
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
We should really add more categories...

By all means feel free to add more categories if you want as long as they are complementary. I want to try to keep this from getting negative wink . These were just the ones I thought up at the time.

Blair Wind
Most known:
In the comics section at least:
Scoob, whirly, rage, and Digi

SnakeEyes
We have these so far:

Best Debators:

Best Experts:

Funniest Members:

Best Sig Creators:

Most Known:

...maybe we could add these to go along with them:

Member who's on KMC the most:

Most Intimidating:

Best Veteran Member:

Favorite Rookie:

TheKahn
We have these so far:

Best Debators:

Best Experts:

Funniest Members:

Best Sig Creators:

Most Known:

...maybe we could add these to go along with them:

Member who's on KMC the most:

Most Intimidating:

Best Veteran Member:

Favorite Rookie:

thumb up Sounds good to me.

What do you want the time frames for verterans and rookies to be?

Blair Wind
nice...

Member who's on KMC the most: n/a

Most Intimidating: AC

Best Veteran Member: Whirly? Scoob? DC?

Favorite Rookie: Ion.....he gives me comics droolio

grey fox
Originally posted by Blair Wind
nice...

Member who's on KMC the most: n/a

Most Intimidating: AC

Favorite Rookie: Ion.....he gives me comics droolio

Your right their , Ac looks at members and they shit themselves.....

DarkCrawler

Whirly and Scoobless are frigging youngsters compared to me when it comes to staying in KMC. stick out tongue

Thanks for the Expert Nomination. big grin

-----------------

My nominations:

Best Debators: GalacticStorm, demigawd, AC (shame that he isn't around anymore)

Best Experts: GalacticStorm when it comes to Phoenix and all around cosmic stuff, demigawd when it comes to Magneto, Long Pig when it comes to Deathstroke and Dr. Strange, and of course, King Mungi (and I think he just might be the only one) is the premier Alpha Flight expert who probably remembers all their comics on his head.

Funniest Members: Swanky-Tuna (he should post more), Scoobless, Long Pig.

Best Sig Creators: Digimark007

Most Known: Wolverine8888 hands down. Shame that he isn't around anymore either. cry

Member who's on KMC the most: Umm, jeez, this is hard. Scoob? golem?

Most Intimidating: I'm somewhat scared to enter in major debating with GalacticStorm because every time I do so, it seems that he knows it for a fact that he wins and I sometimes start to believe it myself. In his grand days AC was intimidating.

Best Veteran Member: WOLVERINE8888!!!!

Favorite Rookie: The Ion. big grin

Juntai
hmm tough to answer a lot of those.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Best Sig Creators: Digimark007

Thanks for the mention. But the same could be said of you. Too many Namor sigs ( stick out tongue ) but otherwise, you're one of the best comic-sig makers we have here. The award should probably go to H.S.6 though. He's probably top 5 on all of KMC in terms of sig making...and many of his are comic themed, even though he's not on the comics boards quite as much as us (he's a Spidey fanboy though... big grin )

TheKahn
Best Debators:
demigawd, GS, Whirly

Best Experts
King Mungi, DarkCrawler, Draco69, GS

Funniest Members:
grey fox, Black Adam, Scoobless

Best Sig creators:
HS6, Digimark007, DarkCrawler

Most Known:
not sure

Most Intimidating:
mostly the same as the Best Debators (if your disagreeing with them that is)

Best Veteran Member:
DarkCrawler, Scoobless, Draco69

Favorite Rookie:
The Ion

Blair Wind
Originally posted by The Ion

I think you got your award big grin
now if only I could get one.....shifty

TheKahn
I think you got your award big grin
now if only I could get one.....shifty

Creepiest sig? wink

outarddwarf
Best debators: wolverine888 (but teh claws) or Khellendros is really good

Best experts: King_Mungi DA" MAN!

Funniest members: Grey fox!

Best sig creators: Digimark007

most known:Rage, if you have ever visited the off topic thread

Most intimidating: No one intimidates me! (baby pweez don't hurt me)

best veteren member: Dark crawler (much respect)

Favorite rookie: no opinion

creepiest sig: idk

Blair Wind
What the f**k? why does everyone say that? I dont think the sig is creepy at all.....I wish I could have gotten more of the lightning in it tho....

Black Adam
What the f**k? why does everyone say that? I dont think the sig is creepy at all.....I wish I could have gotten more of the lightning in it tho....

It's Black Adams face it just looks weird and serial killer like at least to me it does....

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Thanks for the mention. But the same could be said of you. Too many Namor sigs ( stick out tongue ) but otherwise, you're one of the best comic-sig makers we have here. The award should probably go to H.S.6 though. He's probably top 5 on all of KMC in terms of sig making...and many of his are comic themed, even though he's not on the comics boards quite as much as us (he's a Spidey fanboy though... big grin )

I was thinking of mentioning H.S.6 (Obviously, I think he is THE best sig maker in KMC) but I think he only has few posts here. erm

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by TheKahn

Best Experts
King Mungi, DarkCrawler, Draco69, GS

Damn, how could I forget Draco? No one knows Wonder Woman better then he does.

DarkCrawler

I think that sig looks superduper amazing.

Black Adam's face looks wierd though. sad

TheKahn
I think that sig looks superduper amazing.

Black Adam's face looks wierd though. sad

I like it too, there is just an almost "plastic" quality to the skin that is rather unique looking.

R.O.T. Yahman
Ohhhh please .... someone lick my arse !!!!!!!! (Sarcasm)

DarkCrawler
*lick*

Black Adam
**Kicks**

King_Mungi
King_Mungi, the KMC Expert smile Nice ring to it

R.O.T. Yahman

DigiMark007
^^ Some interesting points to consider Yahman...though DC's knowledge extends at least somewhat beyond just Namor...that's just what we remember him for.

Originally posted by King_Mungi
King_Mungi, the KMC Expert smile Nice ring to it

Blah....no one can be THE expert. stick out tongue But having a character or team to call your own helps in that department, since no one can really outdo you in that area. I think that definitely helps in the "expert" category, with DC, Mungi, LP, GS, etc. all coming to mind. If you want to get noticed around here, learn everything about a mainstream-but-not-too-popular character (Namor and Strange are good examples) then impress the hell outa everyone with your knowledge.

The biggest compliment I've ever gotten in a thread is "Where the hell's Digi? He needs to clear this up." It was an Authority thread....back when there was only a few of us who had read them (now there's lots more, so I've lost my status). I'm sure Mungi/DC/LP and the others with their character-specific knowledge can say they felt the same way at one point or another.

Blair Wind
Biggest "compliment" ive gotten was some guy, and I have no idea who he is, saying in an iceman vs thread "youve been fooled by Blair Wind into thinking hes almost god like. Hes not." hey at least I got noticed by some random members.

R.O.T. Yahman
Biggest "compliment" ive gotten was some guy, and I have no idea who he is, saying in an iceman vs thread "youve been fooled by Blair Wind into thinking hes almost god like. Hes not." hey at least I got noticed by some random members.

The question is do you really actually deserve to be ?

I mean you're what i call a KMC slacker, you kind of 'hang' in the off -topic forum, contributing the odd, that rarely ever involves any relevant opinion.

No offence meant mate, i do the same but im more of a 'troll' than you. Its very hard to have proper debates in here due to the genral age and mentatlity of most posters.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman

I mean you're what i call a KMC slacker, you kind of 'hang' in the off -topic forum, contributing the odd, that rarely ever involves any relevant opinion.

No offence meant mate, i do the same but im more of a 'troll' than you. Its very hard to have proper debates in here due to the genral age and mentatlity of most posters.
eek! ...This not the sidekick wonder that I know......
What's wrong good chap.......... sad

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by thesilverspider
eek! ...This not the sidekick wonder that I know......
What's wrong good chap.......... sad

I decided to be a Wanker !!!!!!!!

thesilverspider
I decided to be a Wanker !!!!!!!!
It's fun right........... smile

R.O.T. Yahman
It's fun right........... smile

Its a bit dull at the moment .... I'd definitely nominate you as one of the best Newcomers, Youre semi-serious posts(Not very often im glad to say) are often very imformative

Juntai
Not even a mention.
sad

King_Mungi
Blah....no one can be THE expert. stick out tongue But having a character or team to call your own helps in that department, since no one can really outdo you in that area. I think that definitely helps in the "expert" category, with DC, Mungi, LP, GS, etc. all coming to mind. If you want to get noticed around here, learn everything about a mainstream-but-not-too-popular character (Namor and Strange are good examples) then impress the hell outa everyone with your knowledge.

Well I have over 10,000 comics so I'm in good shape.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Well I have over 10,000 comics so I'm in good shape.

Just think .... you would have over 20 grand if youd not been such a Keano !

thesilverspider
laughing out loud Keep it up I wanna see who has the balls to get back at you......

King_Mungi

Well a lot of them I just got for free or bought really cheap from garage sales, and at a time when comics were like $2.00 at the most.

brainchild81
We should really add more categories... Damn right! Where's the category for Best poster with "81" in his username?!!

R.O.T. Yahman
laughing out loud Keep it up I wanna see who has the balls to get back at you......

Please dont tempt fate .... there are a lot more quicker witted people, I wouldn't want a G.S. on my case ! (Sarcasm)

Nah seriously i don't want to cause trouble !

thesilverspider
Please dont tempt fate .... there are a lot more quicker witted people, I wouldn't want a G.S. on my case ! (Sarcasm)

Nah seriously i don't want to cause trouble !
someone Quicker then you my friend nah............

Blair Wind

Look at any Iceman vs thread. I post about what I know. I learn about the rest. Doesnt mean when I dont want to post something serouis I dont. I do go to other places than just the comic section, check out the poetry section. The best debate Ive read started with me, but after it got too technical for me, I kinda dropped to the background. Doesnt mean my posts werent the starting point for the whole thing (Iceman vs Superman). Theres also the fact that not everyone has the time to debate hard core like some members, because some of us to have other things to do with our time. Being a high school senior with college classes (11 classes to be exact) and a job takes its toll on you. wink

Its not about "deserving" to be. No one "deserves" to be seen. People like Mungi and DC or me dont "deserve" to be seen. People just do. Its not about elitism, about he "deserves" to be heard before others. This thread is elitism in that we post who we individually see as the rightful person for the title. No one specifically deserves that title however, just who we think at the moment fits that title for ourselves.

thesilverspider
I nominate Golem370 for single hand-handedly flooding the vs forum with meaningless threads.

DigiMark007

Well, I could, but it wouldn't exactly be a fair fight...
shifty

And Blair's right, this is pretty much an elitist-type thread, for patting ourselves on our insanely dorky backs. But hell, I'm all about stuffy elitism...as long as no one gets terribly offended by it. Besides, I need the ego boost. laughing out loud

steverules
I would like to put myself up for being such a nice young man, who has made a great spidey 4 thread. lol

thesilverspider
shifty

For who............shifty

grey fox
Whirly and Scoobless are frigging youngsters compared to me when it comes to staying in KMC. stick out tongue

Your right their, technically speaking I and Darkcralwer are the oldest members of this little comic book group (who frequently come on)

who?-kid
Think again.

Scoobless
Originally posted by grey fox
Your right their, technically speaking I and Darkcralwer are the oldest members of this little comic book group (who frequently come on)

We all know that age does not necessarily bring wisdom though

stick out tongue

New category:

Greyest Fox award!

...... I vote for Blair Wind

evil face

inamilist
FINE

I don't need any of you and your "awards"

*sobs like a baby*

grey fox
Originally posted by Scoobless
We all know that age does not necessarily bring wisdom though

stick out tongue

New category:

Greyest Fox award!

...... I vote for Blair Wind

evil face

HEATHEN ....

You do realize i'm judging your match devil

grey fox
Originally posted by inamilist
FINE

I don't need any of you and your "awards"

*sobs like a baby*

Most obscure Character themed member

Inamilist

Scoobless
HEATHEN ....

You do realize i'm judging your match devil

................ oh crap ... sad

KMC Authority forever!!!!!

embarrasment

Scoobless

Inamilist

nah... Quick Freeze!

big grin

Blair Wind

Inamilist

I disagree.....Quickfreeze. Only showed up....once?

edit: damn you scoob

your judging? cool.

inamilist

your judging? cool.

damn...

so close....

DigiMark007
nah... Quick Freeze!

big grin

Co-signed. stick out tongue

TheKahn

grey fox

edit: damn you scoob

your judging? cool.

Yeah , so far Sf is speaking gibberish , but then isn't everyone ?

R.O.T. Yahman
I nominate Golem370 for single hand-handedly flooding the vs forum with meaningless threads.

Here Here ..... I heard he has been sponsored by the Marvel Directory !

grey fox
Night guy's

R.O.T. Yahman
shifty

And Blair's right, this is pretty much for patting ourselves on our insanely dorky backs. But hell, I'm all about stuffy elitism...as long as no one gets terribly offended by it.

IMO, all youre asses are clean enough !!!!!!!

roughrider
Worst Grammar Award?
( I wonder who to nominate... shifty )

thesilverspider
Here Here ..... I heard he has been sponsored by the Marvel Directory !
yes

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by roughrider
Worst Grammar Award?
( I wonder who to nominate... shifty )

I 've got dyslexia .... DONT make yourself into my pet project !!!!!!!!

roughrider
Wasn't thinking of you...but there are a couple of Wolvie fanboys out there, who seem to trip over letters... wink

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by roughrider
Wasn't thinking of you...but there are a couple of Wolvie fanboys out there, who seem to trip over letters... wink

I thought you're comment was relating to the various Thorv incidents.

GalacticStorm

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
I cant believe you resorted to this Yahman. This really is low and i am honestly really disappointed you. no

This is a thread for nominating people you feel have performed well in the featured categories. Thats what people were doiing prior to your rant. If you disagree with peoples votes then show that with a nominations list of your own. Dont be so juvenile as to bad mouth those other people deem worthy of a bit of praise for their forum contributions.

Coincidentally you yourself havent been nominated for anything with that in mind this just comes across as a envy fuelled rant.

Really poor sportsmanship Yahman. Grow the hell up. sad

Taste of youre own medicine, my friend .... Truth hurst doesn't it ?

GalacticStorm
Taste of youre own medicine, my friend .... Truth hurst doesn't it ?

Your post was the result of hurt pride Yahman. Nothing more. You constantly crave attention and are quick to anger when its not sent you way. You were just the same in the various other best debater threads. Moaning and winging when your name wasnt brought up. Pathetically even guilt tripping people into giving you a mention.

Who are you to tell other people who they should think is worthy to be nominated in the featured categories? Put a sock in it and grow up.

If you disagree, do so with a nominations list of your own. no

TheKahn
Oh well... erm
I guess I should be happy it lasted four pages.
Let's try to keep this civil, it was going really good for a while sad Please don't start a fight here.

GalacticStorm
Ive said what needed to be said. Im done. Sorry Kahn, it just amazes me how seriously people take threads like this. no

Its all just a bit of fun right? confused

R.O.T. Yahman

GalacticStorm

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
I have already had my say. I have respect for Kahn and his thread so i will neither further disrespect him or validate your futile attempt to save face.

'Disresepct this thread any further' ?

Ohhh puhhhlease the whole things a brown Nose farse !!!!!!!!!

Its like saying 'i wont try and disrespect this piece of Turd any further'

Whats the real reason you're running away again G.S. ?

Does mummy think the computer forum is upsetting you too much ?

Scoobless

Blair Wind
I agree with Scoobs.

I give scoobs the quagmire lover award shifty

R.O.T. Yahman
you mean the injustice you have 'wrought'

stick out tongue

both of you give it a rest.... i don't want to hear who started it as we can all go back and find out for ourselves (if anyone cares that is)

just let it go

no expression

Oh cum on, this is more fun than i had in weeks !!!!!!!

inamilist
Oh cum on, this is more fun than i had in weeks !!!!!!!

you need to get out more

DigiMark007
This is how these threads always turn out....ther have been others, and eventually a fight breaks out and one of the mods is forced to close it.

Let's try to prove me wrong this time, shall we?

TheKahn
Blair Wind mentioned that these types of threads have a habit of getting off topic. I didn't know that there had been others like this. Sorry if it becomes more trouble than it's worth. That wasn't my intention. I thought it might be nice to give people a chance to say something positive about other members for a change. sad

DigiMark007
Blair Wind mentioned that these types of threads have a habit of getting off topic. I didn't know that there had been others like this. Sorry if it becomes more trouble than it's worth. That wasn't my intention. sad

Yeah, that's fine. It's not your fault. But yeah, these things have a habit of getting diverted....

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by inamilist
you need to get out more

smile

GalacticStorm
Best Debators:

Illadelph, Demi (when he aint talking sh*t stick out tongue ) Leonidas

Best Experts:

Whirly(DC/Ancient Stuff), Juntai (Spectre)

Funniest Members:

Nathan Summers, Nataku (Come baaaaack sad lol) AC eek!

Best Sig Creators:

HS6, DarkCrawler, Digi, KG

Best Rookie:

Ion, Mindship, Kahn, Juntai

Best Pale Imitation:

shifty

GalacticStorm
Blair Wind mentioned that these types of threads have a habit of getting off topic. I didn't know that there had been others like this. Sorry if it becomes more trouble than it's worth. That wasn't my intention. I thought it might be nice to give people a chance to say something positive about other members for a change. sad

You've done nothing wrong some people just use these threads as an outlet to vent their grievances. confused

Its really not that serious. laughing out loud

Juntai
I nominate all kinds of people, I don't even dare gather the names for. You all kick ass. That's why I keep coming back day after day. big grin

A lot of the people i like seeing in threads are named throughout this one tho.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Juntai
I nominate all kinds of people, I don't even dare gather the names for. You all kick ass. That's why I keep coming back day after day. big grin

A lot of the people i like seeing in threads are named throughout this one tho.

thumbsup That's more like it.

nathan summers
Funny, HAH HAH, Funny? Or Funny, Gonna call the proper authorities funny? huh

R.O.T. Yahman

Scoobless

R.O.T. Yahman
no expression

A lot of us come here because the 'real' people in our lives have no interest in comics and know next to nothing about the characters.

I/we just want to share a common interest ..... Where i live the main subject of conversation is Football (Soccer to you damn Americans stick out tongue ) .... i personally couldn't give a crap about Football so i come here...... to even mention comics to most people i know will only invite ridicule, even though most of them can barely read and have the IQ of a beach ball, they still believe comics are only for children

What about all youre 'Jokes' that have nothing to do with comics ?

Scoobless
What about all youre 'Jokes' that have nothing to do with comics ?

I'm like that IRL as well.... As this is the only place i can discuss this part of my life, i feel i should post in the same way i'd talk if i was discussing this stuff face to face..... no point in censoring myself online when so many people throughout history have made such a big deal about freedoms of speech and expression

R.O.T. Yahman
I'm like that IRL as well.... As this is the only place i can discuss this part of my life, i feel i should post in the same way i'd talk if i was discussing this stuff face to face..... no point in censoring myself online when so many people throughout history have made such a big deal about freedoms of speech and expression

Im sure everyone has a 'socailly acceptable' reason to be here on a regular basis. (Sarcasm)

Blair Wind
....its called making friends. Usually happens even when your having a conversation on a totally unrelated topic. The main purpose of my being here is for comics, and an added benifit is that well Ive made a few friends that I can share an interest with along the way. The purpose of the community here is NOT to debate, that is just something we naturally do, but to meet new people who live in god knows where, who happen to be interested in the same things as we are.

every community has its celebrities, the reason they are in that position does not always equal there knowledge or debating skills. I personally like scoobs and rage because they make me laugh. Does that have anything to do with comics? sometimes not. Does that make it wrong? not at all. We are here to learn, have fun, and meet new people. Not to debate debate debate and only bring attention to those who do. Thats not what these boards were made for.

This thread only serves to pat your friends on the back. But then again it could be that in their perspective the peoples friends do have good debating skill, and have repeatedly convinced them of their opinion. Is that a wrong thing to do? why does everyone have to bend down to the same line of thinking as you do? I mean while you may not be convinced of GS pheonix is the savouir message, many have, and that is their right to make their own decision. Why not reward those who we think are worthy of being rewarded?

R.O.T. Yahman
....its called making friends. Usually happens even when your having a conversation on a totally unrelated topic. The main purpose of my being here is for comics, and an added benifit is that well Ive made a few friends that I can share an interest with along the way. The purpose of the community here is NOT to debate, that is just something we naturally do, but to meet new people who live in god knows where, who happen to be interested in the same things as we are.

every community has its celebrities, the reason they are in that position does not always equal there knowledge or debating skills. I personally like scoobs and rage because they make me laugh. Does that have anything to do with comics? sometimes not. Does that make it wrong? not at all. We are here to learn, have fun, and meet new people. Not to debate debate debate and only bring attention to those who do. Thats not what these boards were made for.

This thread only serves to pat your friends on the back. But then again it could be that in their perspective the peoples friends do have good debating skill, and have repeatedly convinced them of their opinion. Is that a wrong thing to do? why does everyone have to bend down to the same line of thinking as you do? I mean while you may not be convinced of GS pheonix is the savouir message, many have, and that is their right to make their own decision. Why not reward those who we think are worthy of being rewarded?

Fair enough .... but i suggest an alternate Thread name :

'Let us Lick our Friends arses'

If this is going to be about 'good debating' its only fair to criticise aswell as compliment !!!!!!!

'its called making friends. Usually happens even when your having a conversation on a totally unrelated topic. The main purpose of my being here is for comics, and an added benifit is that well Ive made a few friends that I can share an interest with along the way. The purpose of the community here is NOT to debate, that is just something we naturally do, but to meet new people who live in god knows where, who happen to be interested in the same things as we are.'

Call it whatever you want .... I have my theorys you have yours ...

P.S. I never implied that all should come round to my way of thinking.

grey fox
no expression

A lot of us come here because the 'real' people in our lives have no interest in comics and know next to nothing about the characters.

I/we just want to share a common interest ..... Where i live the main subject of conversation is Football (Soccer to you damn Americans stick out tongue ) .... i personally couldn't give a crap about Football so i come here...... to even mention comics to most people i know will only invite ridicule, even though most of them can barely read and have the IQ of a beach ball, they still believe comics are only for children

Basically the same here....

pr1983

Me too... messed but i like football too... stick out tongue

TheKahn
Fair enough .... but i suggest an alternate Thread name :

'Let us Lick our Friends arses'

If this is going to be about 'good debating' its only fair to criticise aswell as compliment !!!!!!!

'its called making friends. Usually happens even when your having a conversation on a totally unrelated topic. The main purpose of my being here is for comics, and an added benifit is that well Ive made a few friends that I can share an interest with along the way. The purpose of the community here is NOT to debate, that is just something we naturally do, but to meet new people who live in god knows where, who happen to be interested in the same things as we are.'

Call it whatever you want .... I have my theorys you have yours ...

P.S. I never implied that all should come round to my way of thinking.

Then I would suggest that you start your own thread (titled however you like) where you can criticize whomever you wish yes . That is NOT the point of this thread.

Blair Wind is exactly right about why I made this thread. As to the reason threads like this have been closed in the past, as far as I can tell everyone else has been completely positive with their post with the exception of you and GS (who in his defense only responded after you made some rather unflattering comments about him).

Some people really make this place enjoyable. From Grey Fox cracking a joke or The Ion who will post an entire issue of a comic if you ask him to, these people deserve, in my opinion, a little thanks now and then. I just don't think this place would be what it is without a lot o them. So I invited people to share their opinions about who they think contributes the most in some given areas.

Again you are free to disagree and have your own opinions, and if you still feel the need to post them you can certainly start your own thread and explain them to everyone. I'm asking once more, politely, please don't post negative anymore comments here.

grey fox
Originally posted by pr1983

Meh , playing the game is acceptable . Watching it repeatedly and then talking about it is illegal in my book.

TheKahn

That's because you people don't have the good kind of football football

grey fox
Then I would suggest that you start your own thread (titled however you like) where you can criticize whomever you wish yes . That is NOT the point of this thread.

Blair Wind is exactly right about why I made this thread. As to the reason threads like this have been closed in the past, as far as I can tell everyone else has been completely positive with their post with the exception of you and GS (who in his defense only responded after you made some rather unflattering comments about him).

Some people really make this place enjoyable. From Grey Fox cracking a joke or The Ion who will post an entire issue of a comic if you ask him to, these people deserve, in my opinion, a little thanks now and then. I just don't think this place would be what it is without a lot o them. So I invited people to share their opinions about who they think contributes the most in some given areas.

Again you are free to disagree and have your own opinions, and if you still feel the need to post them you can certainly start your own thread and explain them to everyone. I'm asking once more, politely, please don't post negative anymore comments here.

Aww thanks Khan happy (Hi-fives)

But yeah i have to agree here. You and Gs have a serious problem . If you want to have a rant-war do it somewhere else ok yes

Gs and Yahmans argument gets the gas-face thumb down

R.O.T. Yahman

All though you dont really go on the same threads as i do, i've yet to see you have that much input into the comic aspect of the threads. Youre posts tend to be semi - funny brash sentiments. But as i said , thats only on the threads i've seen you on !

grey fox

....we call that rugby.....except you guy's only stole the ball and idea while leaving us with the crappy shirts.

Good shirt = http://www.essexspartans.co.uk/images/shirt.jpg

Crappy shirt =http://shop.union.ic.ac.uk/images/products/67e81a906ccf.jpg

pr1983
Meh , playing the game is acceptable . Watching it repeatedly and then talking about it is illegal in my book.

laughing

not forgetting that the english version is a few hundred years older, and actually involves the use of the foot more oftenn... stick out tongue

grey fox
All though you dont really go on the same threads as i do, i've yet to see you have that much input into the comic aspect of the threads. Youre posts tend to be semi - funny brash sentiments. But as i said , thats only on the threads i've seen you on !

Mostly because i can barley get comics, most of my info is gathered from the Internet and wikipedias. It's kinda like Spider-man:the other.

I've accepted the man but not the spider.

R.O.T. Yahman

Fair enough .... Im sick of trying to justify why its is acceptable to bash this 'excuse' of a thread any way.

Each to there own, enjoy the ass Licking Fest !!!!!!!!!!!

R.O.T. Yahman
Mostly because i can barley get comics, most of my info is gathered from the Internet and wikipedias. It's kinda like Spider-man:the other.

I've accepted the man but not the spider.

You barely get comics .... and yet you find it necessery to spend copious amounts of time on a Comic book debating website, where you admit youre input is minimal ????

grey fox
Fair enough .... Im sick of trying to justify why its is acceptable to bash this 'excuse' of a thread any way.

Each to there own, enjoy the ass Licking Fest !!!!!!!!!!!

...and enjoy being a miserable sod . Toodleoo wavey Yahman.

Blair Wind
You barely get comics .... and yet you find it necessery to spend copious amounts of time on a Comic book debating website, where you admit youre input is minimal ????

.........What the f**k? dude serouisly, if he doesnt get comics, but he is interested in them where the hell else is he gonna go to get information?? Hell thats what this is for. How many times does a newcomer who doenst know a piece of crap about comics come in and learn all he can from those who do? Being able to communicate to the person giving you info, meeting people who have the same interest. Really is it that big of a deal?

TheKahn
laughing
not forgetting that the english version is a few hundred years older, and actually involves the use of the foot more oftenn... stick out tongue

That just means it been sucking for a long time wink . Oh, and we stole the name just to piss you guys off (the same way we call it the World Series in baseball when only American teams play big grin )

pr1983
That just means it been sucking for a long time wink . Oh, and we stole the name just to piss you guys off (the same way we call it the World Series in baseball when only American teams play big grin )

sucking? right... at least our football requires every player to have skill...

not one guy to throw, two or three to run real fast and the rest to tackle... yes, i'm bowled over by the ability of these athletes... stick out tongue

TheKahn
.........What the f**k? dude serouisly, if he doesnt get comics, but he is interested in them where the hell else is he gonna go to get information?? Hell thats what this is for. How many times does a newcomer who doenst know a piece of crap about comics come in and learn all he can from those who do? Being able to communicate to the person giving you info, meeting people who have the same interest. Really is it that big of a deal?

yes

Also with the shear number of comics out there and the relative high cost, few people can read all of them even if they were avaliable and using the internet as a resource to fill in the gaps is the only logical option.

R.O.T. Yahman

Im sure he can stick up form himslef if he wants to .... I didn't imply anything any way !!!!!!!!

# yahman looks very shifty #

TheKahn
sucking? right... at least our football requires every player to have skill...

not one guy to throw, two or three to run real fast and the rest to tackle... yes, i'm bowled over by the ability of these athletes... stick out tongue

every player huh? Like the goalkeeper whistle

grey fox

You say that like it's a bad thing .

I originally joined kmc as a venom fanboy , hanging around the spiderman forum . My knowledge of comics soon grew upon entering the versus board though , it's honestly the only place I feel really comfortable in on the entirety of kmc.

The off topic forum is too chaotic and the general discussion forum is too strict. The rest of the boards are usually full of crazies (Hp fanboy's , celebrity nuts etc) but on the comic versus forum and their affiliates (comic books and comic book movies) i feel...right.

Also i never said i have minimal knowledge, just firsthand experience. I do not know the feeling of opening a fresh comic and marveling at supes kicking bizzaro's ass across metropolis. But do know the entire origin of General zod and most of the generalised history behind krypton.

But this is who i am , and if you cant understand that yahman then i'm afraid your less of a person and more of a machine.

grey fox
Im sure he can stick up form himslef if he wants to .... I didn't imply anything any way !!!!!!!!

Hey give me a second , i cant type uber quickly....

pr1983

Yes actually... they are like substitute captains... he has to marshall the defence and make sure people do their jobs... and alot of the time they have to be an extra defender... erm

grey fox

Meh i play as goalkeepr once or twice.... let me tell you it takes some serious bollocks because it bloody well hurts when a ball bounces off of you.....

TheKahn
Meh i play as goalkeepr once or twice.... let me tell you it takes some serious bollocks because it bloody well hurts when a ball bounces off of you.....

That is the most "English" you have ever sounded. stick out tongue
Keep it up thumb up

I admit that you have to be extremely skilled to play in any major sport around the world, but you're always biased towards the ones you grew up with and played as a kid.

grey fox
That is the most "English" you have ever sounded. stick out tongue
Keep it up thumb up

I admit that you have to be extremely skilled to play in any major sport around the world, but you're always biased towards the ones you grew up with and played as a kid.

Very true....crumpet.

Blair Wind

Im the defender of the innocent....er.....something like that.... embarrasment

R.O.T. Yahman
You say that like it's a bad thing .

I originally joined kmc as a venom fanboy , hanging around the spiderman forum . My knowledge of comics soon grew upon entering the versus board though , it's honestly the only place I feel really comfortable in on the entirety of kmc.

The off topic forum is too chaotic and the general discussion forum is too strict. The rest of the boards are usually full of crazies (Hp fanboy's , celebrity nuts etc) but on the comic versus forum and their affiliates (comic books and comic book movies) i feel...right.

Also i never said i have minimal knowledge, just firsthand experience. I do not know the feeling of opening a fresh comic and marveling at supes kicking bizzaro's ass across metropolis. But do know the entire origin of General zod and most of the generalised history behind krypton.

But this is who i am , and if you cant understand that yahman then i'm afraid your less of a person and more of a machine.

# Sigh #

No offence was meant at you or Blair wind, my criticisms where meant directly at some of the more underserving candidates, and the actual thread.

grey fox
# Sigh #

No offence was meant at you or Blair wind, my criticisms where meant directly at some of the more underserving candidates, and the actual thread.

So basically at Gs and Thekhan , once again . If you have a problem don't clutter up threads with it.

R.O.T. Yahman
So basically at Gs and Thekhan , once again . If you have a problem don't clutter up threads with it.

I have no problem with Kahn or G.S. (especially with G.S. , i do consider him my mate). I have a problem with the nominations for Best debater and with the proposed thread Name.

Please don't lecture me on 'Cluttering up threads'. It would be like through a very big stone through the roof of a glass green house.

grey fox

....and ?

I do the same thing anyone does , i make threads. So i occasionaly make a jokey/spite thread , who hasn't ?

You don't seem to realise , this is a mess around . No one is blatantly naming MR------ as the greatest poster ever, were just putting up our personal opinions on whom we think is better then us. You seem to be taking this quite seriously though .

R.O.T. Yahman
....and ?

I do the same thing anyone does , i make threads. So i occasionaly make a jokey/spite thread , who hasn't ?

You don't seem to realise , this is a mess around . No one is blatantly naming MR------ as the greatest poster ever, were just putting up our personal opinions on whom we think is better then us. You seem to be taking this quite seriously though .

# Yahman bashes head against wall #

Look you don't seem to realise that im entitled to voice my perspective. Just because i havn't put my tounge up someones arse with the intention of gaining a sympathy vote, I am being made to leave the thread. This makes a mockerey of the debating, that it claims to celebrate !

inamilist
Did you know:

when people read something they do not agree with, it sets of the conflict resolution part of their brain as opposed to the reasoning part. When they re-affirm their previously held beliefs, the brain releases a chemical much in the way it does when a drug addict gets their fix

Also:

People are less likely to come to any comprimise or conclusion through debate. Talking with someone who disagrees with you is more likely to make you believe a more extreme version of what you previously held

some food for though :P

DigiMark007
Hey Yahman...

It's fine to disagree with a thread. It's fine to disagree with opinion about best debator, or whatever other category.

What ISN'T ok is using that as an excuse to post vulgar comments about ass licking and bashing members in the thread. Maybe you started by just having fun poking at the thread idea, but you crossed the line more than once. Consider this your warning, and see that it stops.

...guess I was right. Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.