Exiles (potential spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scoobless
I've recently (couple of months ago) began reading Exiles ... since then i've pretty much got all the books.... well..... up to #76 anyway

At the end of #76 they bring Spider-Man from 2099 onto the team:

http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/9638/exiles0762006oracledcp221fi.th.jpg http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/400/exiles0762006oracledcp230an.th.jpg

I've always liked this character.... from the few appearances i've read of him..... and i think it's about time he had a larger role in Marvel Comics

That said i do think the team needs to get Mimic back and i think they will.... Deadpool was pronounced dead and he got better, Mimic has half his healing ability along with half of Wolverine's healing ability

Anyway...... any other Exiles readers have thoughts on the addition of SM 2099?

What about Long Shot? you think they'll end up trying to free him from Mojo?

Marcus4600
Sweet. I always wanted them to keep around Spidey 2099! He was an amazing character. Didn't like the Venom from that timeline though, until it took over Namor.

DigiMark007
Only ever read one SM-2099 comic...hopefully I can see more of him in Exiles (I don't read them regularly, but I browse through them occasionally at the local Barnes & Noble bookstore). He got punked by a dude 616 Spidey would trash in the issue I read, but whatever.

And who's the guy that looks like JJ Jameson at the bottom of that first scan? Oh, and Longshot's teh own. I'd love to see him too.

lft4ded
Morph is a shapeshifter. Besides, what is a Spidey w/o a JJJ? wink

King_Mungi
Yeah I read Exiles and I like him on the team, Princess Power is about to join as well.

The Ion
I agree on Mimic. To me he's like a quintessential member of the team along with Blink and Sabretooth.

Lucid Lui
I started reading with the addition of Longshot. I'm enjoying it. I'd like to see Longshot developed as a character though. At the moment he's a convenient plot device to get around Proteus when they need. But it's better than nothing.

Spider-Man 2099 is a cool addition aswell. And i'm looking forward to Princess Power.

What does everyone think of Claremont taking over the writing reins soon?

The Ion
I think it's akin to Loeb taking over The Ultimates after an awesome run by Millar & Hitch.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Marcus4600
Sweet. I always wanted them to keep around Spidey 2099! He was an amazing character. Didn't like the Venom from that timeline though, until it took over Namor.

What? Huh? Where? Issue number? huh

H. S. 6
I own a few issues of Spidey 2099. I thought it was a cool idea, and I think it's great that he's with the Exiles now.

In fact, I might have to start picking them up just to see this character. Could be very interesting, in my opinion. yes

Scoobless
I'd like them to visit the "What If.... Secret Wars 25 Years On" world where everyone who was taken to that planet by the Beyonder never returned home. Their kids all have powers and they manage to get back to earth to find it overrun by Sentinels.

It was the end of the previous "What If" run and one of their best issues.... IMO

Originally posted by DigiMark007
He got punked by a dude 616 Spidey would trash in the issue I read, but whatever.

True... but he also ripped Venom's face off with his claws.... he's much less restrained than Regular 616 spidey... plus he can poison people by biting them

stormfront13
for anyone who hasn't heard, psylock is joining the team.

ScarletSpider
It's been rumored they're going to kill Mimic off in the Hulk Maestro reality. Hopefully not. If anyone, kill Sabertooth. He's just boring.

TheKahn
That have Mimic listed as deceased on wikipedia along with a picture. Is that true or is it just another wiki mistake?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mimic_%28Exiles%29

King_Mungi
Yeah he is dead, or the Exiles stated so. I bet he will come back shortly due to his healing factors he obtained..

Scoobless
Originally posted by TheKahn
That have Mimic listed as deceased on wikipedia along with a picture. Is that true or is it just another wiki mistake?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mimic_%28Exiles%29

well ..... he looks extremely f**king dead in the comic.... but he has insane regenerative powers....so there is a chance that he's still, slightly, alive

TheKahn
Originally posted by Scoobless
well ..... he looks extremely f**king dead in the comic.... but he has insane regenerative powers....so there is a chance that he's still, slightly, alive

He can walk it off...crutch

Khellendros
Meh, Spidey 2099 isn't interesting me too much, but I am diggin Longshot. I've been interested in the character since I read his Ultimate counterpart in Ultimate Xmen, but haven't had much chance. Princess Power? Meh. They'd better not leave Mimic dead, the bastards.

Marcus4600
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
What? Huh? Where? Issue number? huh
Near the end of the series.

ScarletSpider
Whoops, I meant Morph. Stupid M-names. Not Mimic, Cal's already dead.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Marcus4600
Near the end of the series.

Oh yeah, I got it.

Marcus4600
I need scans of that though. I wanna see what Namor looks like.

DarkCrawler
The Namor in that case is actually Roman, Namor of 2099. He's punk compared to real Namor, but here are the scans anyway.
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/4355/roman9sk.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.