Rebirth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mugen
This is a story i made to pass the time by, dont chastise me because it dosen't follow suit with star wars EU, its just a small story i made. I hope you enjoy it and tell me what you think. Im not done with it yet.

Eternal Legend

Komari Aeron, Jedi Knight, Watchman of the Rishi Sytem and a loyal member of the Jedi order. He is a young man in his late 20s, trained at the academy on Ossus, before is was torched during The Great Sith War. He has been watchman of the Rishi sytem for 6 years ever since he was knighted, but things havent been the same since the last few months of his post. The space has been......more fierce he said to himself. He looked out from the space station that orbited the planet Rishi. The nebulas were sparking up, and looked ferocious, and the asteriods clustered around the system looked volcanic, as though they would explode. "I dont like the looks of this," he thought to himself. The docking officer entered the room, "something wrong Komari?" The officer looked out at the unsual spectacle. "wow..... I wonder whats going on out there?" "I dont know," Komari replied. The two noticed the space begin to turn an orange/red tint, but none of them could find the source of this odd and random disturbance.The space station was rumbling, the two almost lost their balance. The alarm went off, " Master Jedi, we have pirates," screamed the intercom. The disturbance calmed down, and everything went back normal in the empty reaches of the system, but traces of whatever happened had been left in the asteroids, but all this had to wait.........

Komari ran out of the room and to the hangar, where his starfighter was waiting, he and three other squadrons of volunteer pilots took off to meet the pirates in space. These pirates were the Cari Doga, they pillaged and looted space stations, your typical everyday space pirates who needed to be taught a lesson. They were larger then normal he thought to himself, perhaps maybe they were desperate. The pirate ships were in full throttle, with boosters ignited. They were't firing though, Komari sensed desperation in the pirates, "Hold your fire," Komari relayed to the other pilots. The pirates flew right pass them and headed for the planet. "what was that?" one of the pilots asked."I dont......have the slightest clue." Komari replied. What could they have been running from he wondered. Before they could persue, the space around them heated up all of a sudden, the systems on all of their ships were going crazy, everything was instantly disabled. The ships drifted in space for a few minutes, the pilots were trying to communicate with each other anyway possible. Out of nowhere molten rocks flew at them with immense speed, two of the squadrons were pulverized before they even realized what had happened. Komari tried to use the force to divert the rocks, but they're were too many, his allies were being picked off one by one. The electrical disturbance passed, and the ships jetted away just in time to avert a horrid death. Only 4 ships including Komari survived the strange disaster. They docked at the space station, the ships were all thrashed from the unnatural barage of asteriods.The pilots all came together to check on each other, and figure what had happened. The docking officer ran over to the confused survivors,"Is everyone alright?" he asked. "Yeah everyone is fine, but do you have any idea what happened out there?" ask one of the pilots. "I dont know, all of suddend the communications array went out, and then the enviornment went crazy, asteroids came out of nowhere, we were lucky they didn't hit us." "Yeah well we weren't," Komari said as he walked over to join the group. " I'm going to need another ship, I'm going to get to the bottom of these calamities."

"Yes sir, master jedi, but what are you going to do excatly?" the officer asked. " I'm gonna scout the area, these past few months have been hetic, but i haven't sensed any kind of disturbance in the force." "Then whats going on?" one of the pilots exclamied. " I dont know? im going to talk to the Jedi Council about this."

Later the next day, In The Command Room.......

"This is quite unsual...... are you sure you haven't felt any distubances at all Komari?" asked one of the master. " No.....It's odd....... when i was out there I felt...... empowered.....like i was becoming stronger, but when the electrical disturbance passed, I lost whatever feeling i had obtained." Komari responded. "I'm going to scout the system, maybe I can find the source of these strange happenings." "Report your findings to us, we will be very eager to hear from you, may the force be with you." The hologram dissappeared, Komari left the command room, and headed for the hangar. He loaded an astromech on to his ship and flew out in to space to patrol the system.

Komari's ship flew towards the asteroid field that had orbited the system. He saw molten lava on the asteriods, but it wasnt coming from within the asteroids. It seems as though it was left behind. Komari flew around some more to examine the scene left by whatever came and passed. The nebulas began acting up again, his ship was falling in and out of control, oddly though he was nowhere near a nebula. "T2 whats going on, keep the ship on track." The droid responded in a strange code, that Komari couldn't read. "What the....." The droid was disbaled seconds later, his ship stopped right in its trail. he sighed "great! now what am i gonna do?" Komari figured it was another electrical disturbance, and that it would pass in time, but the ship stayed disabled for quite some time, he grew restless. All of sudden a light flashed out in the middle of space.........

It instantly caught his attention,"What is that?" he thought to himself. All of a sudden his muscles tightened up, and Komari screamed out in pain. The Light burned brighter and brighter, and seem to get larger. The enviornment was going crazy again, this time it was a catastrophe of colossal proportion. Asteroids were exploding, nebuals were cackling with lighting, and the space began to heat up dramatically. The strange light, ignited in spontaneous combustion, and a firey inferno was born. Komari still in agonizing pain couldn't make out the spectale. It didn't have a distinct shape at first, but he could hear screams and hallowing. The glass of his cockpit started to crack, as the strange fire began to shape, it looked as though it was flapping. The fire took the shape of what appreared to be a bird, and got larger and larger, as the firey behemoth continued flapping its wings, a fire storm ensued. Komari's muscles had finally relaxed themsleves, but he felt an unsual amount of force enegy coarsing thorugh the fire storm. The screams of the apparition grew louder, the force energy in the proximity of the strom grew stronger and stronger, Komari felt empowered again, as the bird grew larger he felt stronger. The inferno noticed Komari's ship in the distance. The creature blasted off towards him leaving heavy fire in its wake. As it got nearer and nearer, Komari began to realise that this creature had to have been something ancient, made of pure force energy, but he didn't have time to contimplate the nature of the beautiful creature. "By the force....." he said to himself as the creature flew towards him, the light was blinding, the bird roared in flames towards Komari and ship was engulfed in the wildfire.The bird Flew up towards the system with all planets in view, and screamed a cry that drew a thin line between a banshee scream and a siren song. In an instant the entire system was incernerated and all life was extinguished , in a giga flare that completly overshadowed the destrucion of Ossus and the Cron Cluster. All beings touched by the force, felt a heavy disturbance in the force, but also a strange rebirth, as though something had been brought to peace, like purified water, or illumination of a cavern, or the purification of a dark soul.

Mugen
Phoenix

Captain REX
Wrong section, but nicely done! This actually belongs in the GenFic...

Mugen
ohhh my bad, but thanks though. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.