Oneness VS Trinity

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Punker69
Im Oneness. You?

This thread is open to debate.

debbiejo
Are you basing your view on scripture?............If so, can you give them.

Or is this oness with nature, with self, with spirit, with the all.???

Kella
Good point Deb. Explain what we are one with please. smile

Punker69
Oneness with scripture.

Darth Jello
The trinity is why so many other religions and certain sects of christianity find traditional christianity to be polythestic. Hagiography and the demonic/angelic pantheon only strengthen this view

Makedde
I don't get this thread...sad

Femi32
The trinity is like this: God is the Father, Jesus is the Son, and the Holy Spirit is the Spirit. Each one is a different personality of God and is God, but there is still only one God.

Punker69
First off its not biblical. "Trinity" is not even mentioned in the Bible.

Besides, you just said that GOD is the Father and that Jesus is the son and the Holy Spirit is the Spirit and then preceeded to say "there is still only one God" and I thought the Father was God.....roll eyes (sarcastic)

God doesn't have different personalities. Thats just wrong all in itself.

Ladyluck
Originally posted by Punker69

Besides, you just said that GOD is the Father and that Jesus is the son and the Holy Spirit is the Spirit and then preceeded to say "there is still only one God" and I thought the Father was God.....roll eyes (sarcastic)

It's not wrong at all. I think you just don't quite understand the concept of the Holy Trinity. Allow me to try to explain it.

The Holy Trinity is God, but three parts of him. There is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. It's much like an egg. You have the shell, the yolk, and the egg white, but it's still all just one egg. Just like you have the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. They're all parts of God.

leonheartmm
whats the difference between the father and the holy spirit then?

Atlantis001
Both represent diferent interpretations of the same thing... and both are valid.

Shakyamunison
Oneness with scripture.

What in the world is that? Are you one with a book? laughing

Punker69
Originally posted by Ladyluck
It's not wrong at all. I think you just don't quite understand the concept of the Holy Trinity. Allow me to try to explain it.

The Holy Trinity is God, but three parts of him. There is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. It's much like an egg. You have the shell, the yolk, and the egg white, but it's still all just one egg. Just like you have the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. They're all parts of God.

Ya see, thats mistake number one. There is no "Trinity". If God intended this to be taught he would've mentioned it.

There isn't three parts to God. God is filling out three seperate roles. Just like my dad. He's a father, he's a son, and he's a husband. But he is still ONE person. Trinitarians basically believe GOD is a race and the Father, Son, and the Holy spirit occupy that race and are co-eternal and co-equal.

God isn't a race. God isn't made up of three different person but is merely playing three different roles.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
What in the world is that? Are you one with a book? laughing You know? You took the words right off my fingers.....lol

Punker69
What the f**k?

tlbauerle
God is the Father....one being with a body.

Christ is the Son...one being with a body.

The Holy Ghost is a Spirit...one being without a body

Three beings...united in purpose, one with the Word...all under the umbrella of 'God.'

Also if the Son is created in the image of the Father, statements of being the same are based upon their similarity, ala...whoever has seen me has seen the Father, etc.

Storm
The term trinity does indeed not appear in the bible. It did not exist until Tertullian coined the term in the early third century.

According to modalism, the three parts of the trinity are not separate persons. Instead, they are more like three successive modes in which a single god has manifested himself.

tlbauerle
Originally posted by Storm
The term trinity does indeed not appear in the bible. It did not exist until Tertullian coined the term in the early third century.

According to modalism...

Cool, I didn't know that.

Brother James
cool Originally posted by Punker69
Im Oneness. You?

This thread is open to debate.

Hello There. Peace of Christ.

Can you explain what you mean by Oneness!!!!and who are this Oneness....
God Bless.......................Brother James big grin

Brother James
Hello Every One here...Peace of Christ.

I am brother James and I am new here.....in search of answers...

God Bless..........................Brother James

Deja~vu
Well Jesus had some good words, but Christianity along with other religions has lost them and replaced them earned oneness We are already one with everything.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Brother James
Hello Every One here...Peace of Christ.

I am brother James and I am new here.....in search of answers...

God Bless..........................Brother James

Hi there, welcome new-comer. I think you'll fit right in here. We have a diverse group here at KMC. Lot's of Buddhists, Christians, Muslims, but mostly Athiests and Agnostics. Enjoy your time here.

Symmetric Chaos
cool

First of all use fewer periods and exlamation points. Typing like a child gives no one a reason to take you seriously.

Oneness is far from a singular concept. It varies from faith to faith (and more importantly from person to person. By way of example, my church professes -- among other things -- oneness of Christians as the body of Christ in the modern world (for the idiots out there it's a metaphor). Others believe that humanity's thoughts form a single whole(the idea of noosphere or Gaia-ism, I think).

Quiero Mota
cool

Oneness is a Muslim concept. So it seems to me like this is a religion vs religion thread.

Transfinitum

You seem to not understand the aspect of the most Holy Trinity:
First, we must understand that all beings have an essence, for example if you cut your hair you are still you; your essence remains.
Second, we must grasp that there can be a three PERSONS of the Divine Trinity; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; but that they all of of the same ESSENCE, God.
And so there is one God, with three persons.

Da Pittman
Originally posted by Transfinitum
You seem to not understand the aspect of the most Holy Trinity:
First, we must understand that all beings have an essence, for example if you cut your hair you are still you; your essence remains.
Second, we must grasp that there can be a three PERSONS of the Divine Trinity; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; but that they all of of the same ESSENCE, God.
And so there is one God, with three persons. So how much do you have to cut off before you loose your essence?

Jbill311
Casper the Holy ghost still has all of his essence, and so does the father, but Jesus H. Christ (formerly of Nazareth) lost the essence of his hands.

Personally, I'm fine with a three part "god". The polytheistic religions have always been more interesting to me, which is why I'm looking into the history of Hinduism.

DigiMark007
Oneness vs. Trinity??

Why not take the peaceful route and compromise? Duality ftw!

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Jbill311
Casper the Holy ghost still has all of his essence, and so does the father, but Jesus H. Christ (formerly of Nazareth) lost the essence of his hands.

Personally, I'm fine with a three part "god". The polytheistic religions have always been more interesting to me, which is why I'm looking into the history of Hinduism.

Hinduism is actually a monotheistic religion. Just like Christianity, its a monotheistic religion in disguise.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Hinduism is actually a monotheistic religion. Just like Christianity, its a monotheistic religion in disguise.

Kinda like Transformers....except, well, less cool.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Oneness vs. Trinity??

Why not take the peaceful route and compromise? Duality ftw!

Mebey 'cause it's dumb and limited. Duality traps the believer between opposing sides with no options but to pick one.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Mebey 'cause it's dumb and limited. Duality traps the believer between opposing sides with no options but to pick one.

You. Um. Sarcasm, right? Don't want to miss it this time.

Symmetric Chaos
You. Um. Sarcasm, right? Don't want to miss it this time.

laughing out loud Yeah, pretty much.

Deja~vu
Oneness does NOT = The trinity. They are two different concepts.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Deja~vu
Oneness does NOT = The trinity. They are two different concepts.

I don't think anyone's denying that.

Do not say "Three"; God is not one in a trinity. It is far-removed from His transcendental majesty that He should ever begot a son.

-The Koran 4:170

Bicnarok
The Trinity is a messed up pagan belief adapted by early catholics to satisfy the pagans.

It amazes me that people follow this, especially as its not mentioned or backed up in any way whatsoever by scripture.

Regret
Im Oneness. You?

Trinitarian view (For those not understanding it) -
http://www.bible.ca/trinity/trinity-godhood.gif

God is a group of individuals, thus God is One. This reconciles the statements in the Bible to Jesus being God, the Holy Spirit being God and the Father being God with the statements to One God.

Trinitarian Dogma should not be misconstrued as a form of modalism.

Oneness, as Punker69 believes is modalism. Modalism has one individual that is God, and this God morphs (for want of a better word) into differing states to fulfill various roles.

Oneness:
http://www.bible.ca/trinity/trinity-godhood2.gif

I believe in three Gods, as the Bible states, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, as well as other gods. I believe that there are statements to the hierarchical and worshipped body that is God as well as statements to the state that is God or god in the Bible. These two are not interchangable, instead there is confusion due to an absence of disambiguation in the Bible. This confusion further derails the concept of an infallible Bible as the Bible itself states that God is not the author of confusion. Man authored the Bible, God inspired it. The inspiration was in fact infallible, but men are not.

I do not follow Trinitarian dogma or Oneness dogma. I have yet to see a satisfactory descriptive term for the manner I believe.

peejayd

Ya see, thats mistake number one. There is no "Trinity". If God intended this to be taught he would've mentioned it.

There isn't three parts to God. God is filling out three seperate roles. Just like my dad. He's a father, he's a son, and he's a husband. But he is still ONE person. Trinitarians basically believe GOD is a race and the Father, Son, and the Holy spirit occupy that race and are co-eternal and co-equal.

God isn't a race. God isn't made up of three different person but is merely playing three different roles.

* first off, both Oneness and Trinity are not mentioned in the Bible... so those beliefs are only pre-conceived ideas and conclusions... the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are not in a Trinity or Oneness... if you are reading the Bible, there is Godhead; no Trinity and no Oneness...

* no Oneness --- the Bible obviously depicts that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are different entities... Matthew 3:15-17, when John baptized Jesus: the Father spoke in the heavens, the Holy Spirit came down from heaven in a dove-like form, and of course, the Son is on earth being baptized...

* no Trinity --- the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are not equal... John 14:28, the Father is greater than the Son, and the Son is greater than the Holy Spirit...

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by peejayd
* first off, both Oneness and Trinity are not mentioned in the Bible... so those beliefs are only pre-conceived ideas and conclusions... the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are not in a Trinity or Oneness... if you are reading the Bible, there is Godhead; no Trinity and no Oneness...

* no Oneness --- the Bible obviously depicts that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are different entities... Matthew 3:15-17, when John baptized Jesus: the Father spoke in the heavens, the Holy Spirit came down from heaven in a dove-like form, and of course, the Son is on earth being baptized...

* no Trinity --- the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are not equal... John 14:28, the Father is greater than the Son, and the Son is greater than the Holy Spirit...

That would make three gods?

peejayd
* in what way?

* and you do have a habit of replying almost every message i post... are you a stalker or something? laughing

Shakyamunison
* in what way?

* and you do have a habit of replying almost every message i post... are you a stalker or something? laughing

No, it's just boring sometimes on the forum. laughing

god 1 = father
god 2 = son
god 3 = spirit

That sounds like three gods to me.

Regret

god 1 = father
god 2 = son
god 3 = spirit

That sounds like three gods to me. That is what is stated in the Bible. Thus, biblically there are two differing uses of the term God. One must in fact refer to the state of being a God, and the other must be referencing to a governing body that is referenced as God.

Multiple gods should be a foregone conclusion given the text of the bible. It is only an attempt to reconcile statements of "One God" with the fact of statement of God the Father as well as God the Son as well as God the Holy Spirit. Fact is there are three separate entities referenced as God, yet most Christians hold that their understanding of the "One God" references must be the correct of the two. Biblical text shows three individuals. Thus the understanding of "One God" should be in question, not the understanding of three individuals. Most of Christianity follows a very illogical methodology with reconciliation of the text.

Very explicitely the three individuals were presented as separate at Christ's baptism. The most clear and definitive presentation of three separate Gods in the entire Bible is in the New Testament, yet it is the Old Testament statement that is understood as authoritative on this subject.

This is odd also from the position that most Christians have that the Old Testament is either clarified or replaced by the teachings of Christ and the apostles in the New Testament.

Very illogical is the position of most Christians in my opinion.

peejayd

* wow, is that a compliment? stick out tongue

god 1 = father
god 2 = son
god 3 = spirit

That sounds like three gods to me.

* ah, nope... the Bible does not say that the Holy Spirit is a God, nor does it say that the Holy Spirit is not... but what we can be sure of, the Holy Spirit is part of the Godhead with the Father and Son... we must not interpret it in anyway...

* also, the Bible says that the Son testifies that the Father is God... the Father also testifies that His Son is God... both the Father and Son are Gods...

* does it contradict the verses in the Bible? nope... because the Father is the God referred in most of the Old Testament... and then, the Father introduced His Son as a God also in the New Testament... smile

Shakyamunison
* wow, is that a compliment? stick out tongue

* ah, nope... the Bible does not say that the Holy Spirit is a God, nor does it say that the Holy Spirit is not... but what we can be sure of, the Holy Spirit is part of the Godhead with the Father and Son... we must not interpret it in anyway...

* also, the Bible says that the Son testifies that the Father is God... the Father also testifies that His Son is God... both the Father and Son are Gods...

* does it contradict the verses in the Bible? nope... because the Father is the God referred in most of the Old Testament... and then, the Father introduced His Son as a God also in the New Testament... smile

So, there are two, not three gods. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ushomefree
Punker69-

You are correct, in saying, that the Bible, does not mention (the word), "Trinity." However, the "concept" of the Trinity is present. Many people, despite the plan reading of the Bible, attempt to force God into humanistic terms. As humans, it should be expected--if God does exists--that we are incapable of understanding the "essence" of God in full. If only for this reason: God--as the Bible records--exists outside length, width, space, and time dimensions.

Check out the hyperlink below; it will help your understanding.

What does the Bible teach about the Trinity?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by ushomefree
Punker69-

You are correct, in saying, that the Bible, does not mention (the word), "Trinity." However, the "concept" of the Trinity is present. Many people, despite the plan reading of the Bible, attempt to force God into humanistic terms. As humans, it should be expected--if God does exists--that we are incapable of understanding the "essence" of God in full. If only for this reason: God--as the Bible records--exists outside length, width, space, and time dimensions.

Any-who... check out the hyperlink below; it will help your understanding.

What does the Bible teach about the Trinity?

If the essence of god is outside the understanding of humans, then no matter what is said about god, it is at some level wrong. That means that the bible is wrong at some fundamental level.

Something that cannot be understood, cannot be explained.

ushomefree
Absolutely... if not entirely!

No! The Bible, although "written" by men, was NOT "inspired" by men. On the contrary, the Bible was inspired by the Holy Spirt.

Then why are you making "objective" statements?

Shakyamunison
Absolutely... if not entirely!

No! The Bible, although "written" by men, the Bible was NOT "inspired" by men. On the contrary, the Bible was inspired by the Holy Spirt.

Then why are you making "objective" statements?

Your logic is contradictory. You say that god cannot be understood, but then you say that the bible does understand god. By saying that the bible does understand god, you are saying that humans can understand god.

This is simply wrong.

If you are saying that the bible understands god but humans can never understand the bible, then that would make more sense. However, it would lead to the same conclusion that fundamentally anything a humans says about god is wrong at some level.

Something that cannot be understood, cannot be explained. Is a simple logical truth.

ushomefree
Okay.

I never stated that God could not be understood; I did state, however, that knowing the "full" essence--the "full" essence!--of God is not possible.

However, the Bible was inspired by God (the Holy Spirit); and man has the ability to read (what God inspired)! Hence, the reason man is able to ascertain truth about God. Man is able to read, for example, about the concept of the Trinity, but may not fully comprehend. It is the truth, nonetheless. It was inspired by God, not man.

I never said that. I think my statement above brings meaning to this quote. Why are you being difficult?

No. You simply don't understand (or your being difficult).

First, the Bible does not understand God. The Bible is a book--more accurately, a compilation of books! In any case, the Bible simply records God's relationship with Israel and much more. The Bible is simply the Word of God, not God Himself! You need to put things into perspective before asking questions and/or making statements. The quote above, makes no sense.

Anything a "human" says... yes! Not the Bible, however; it was "inspired" by God.

I understand your point, but what does this quote have to do with this conversation?

Shakyamunison
Okay....
I understand your point, but what does this quote have to do with this conversation?

The point is, you cannot be absolutely sure when it comes to talking about god.

You have a bad habit of assuming that you are correct and that other people are wrong. This assumption is blinding you to the idea that peejayd's interpretation of the bible maybe just as valid as yours.

BTW I am not the person who is difficult in this cases. You do seem to project your own problems onto others.

From my point of view; the bible is just a book and you two are debating the finer points of fiction.

Da Pittman

ushomefree
Yes I can, thanks to the Bible. That's the whole point. It was not inspired by men!

I cannot comment on this. What are peejay's views? I am not sure, for, I did not read the entire thread.

What problems?

The Bible is a book, but it's a book inspired by God--the Holy Spirit--"through" man.

Help me understand your view Shaky.... I am not trying to be difficult.

Shakyamunison

Da Pittman
Yes I can, thanks to the Bible. That's the whole point. It was not inspired by men! I think I answered that one wink

Simply put that if God inspired different men that wrote the Bible and didn’t tell them what to write then man being flawed can and will make mistakes. How can man understand what God truly is, God says that I do not exist in time and space how is a man of that time much less this time supposed to comprehend a paradox such as this when everything that we know and see is subject to time and space? This leaves so much room for error on the part of the writer so unless God says write these words it can and is flawed, if God did tell them what to write then it was not “inspired” but “dictated” to man.

ushomefree
Provide Scripture to be specific. This could refer to anything.

This is simply not true! Just from a logic stand point, this would indicate that God would not have known--upon the completion of His Word--that man would not be able to understand what was written. Hence, the Bible lacks the ability to "communicate" God's message to mankind. But this is not the case! Does the Bible relay aspects of God that are difficult to understand? Yes! But that does not mean, that man in left in the dark. No! For example, I know, according to the Bible, the God is a "triune" being, consisting of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Do I understand all the ins-and-outs of that? No! Do I need to, to find meaning (of some sort)? No! In lieu of the Bible, man knows that God is eternal, loving, and a judge. I really do not understand your point. If there is a point, in my opinion, it is rather weak.

No... Shaky.... The Bible is the inspired Word of God. The message is perfect.

Then, why did you bring it up?!

You have said nothing practical in lieu of my posts, only posts resulting from misunderstanding and/or misunderstanding of the Bible as a whole. How can I compete with this?

The Bible. Where do you get your information from?

Speak to me in terms of what the Bible states about "itself," and what the Bible "communicates!" But, you really do not know, do you?

Da Pittman

ushomefree
Shaky, please, read this:

What does it mean that the Bible is inspired?

Da Pittman

What does it mean that the Bible is inspired? If what the link says is true then that would mean that God wrote the Bible and not man.

"When people speak of the Bible being inspired, they are referring to the fact that God divinely influenced the human authors of the Scriptures in such a way that what they wrote was the very Word of God."

This is not inspiration but dictation as I have said, then if this is so then how is there any confusion as to the word of God?

Shakyamunison

Shakyamunison

What does it mean that the Bible is inspired?

No thank you.

Da Pittman
No thank you. I read it and nothing new no expression

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Da Pittman
I read it and nothing new no expression

Thank you for scouting for me.

PS Do you ever get the feeling that you are being ignored?

Da Pittman
Thank you for scouting for me.

PS Do you ever get the feeling that you are being ignored? yes wink

ushomefree
First and foremost, I really like your avatar!

Any-who... I understand your question. I really do; but, Christian denominations disagree on "peripheral" passages, not core--foundational--passages. When persons ascribe to alternate views of core passages, cults are born! All cults, for example, deny the Trinity--the triune God! And cults base their beliefs on obscure passages. Scripture should be interpreted as a whole. All biblical Christians know this!

In any case, just because someone (or a group of people) force the Bible to reflect their belief system, does that dictate that the Bible was wrong (or unable to communicate its message)? No... of course not! Only someone who has read the Bible would understand this. The Bible is not a source confusion. Hence, the reason why so many distort its views!

Aside from Christian denominations, let me put it to you this way: there are people who genuinely have faith in God, the Son, and Holy Spirit.... And they read, study, and interpret the Bible with great care. In other words, they wish that the Word of God teach them.

On the other hand, there are people who read the Bible (with pre-established world-views) and force it to conform to "theirs." It's that simple. Some people, don't even care enough to read the Bible, and yet, they have view (ha ha ha)! It is both pathetic and sad.

Shakyamunison
First and foremost, I really like your avatar!

Any-who... I understand your question. I really do; but, Christian denominations disagree on "peripheral" passages, not core--foundational--passages. When persons ascribe to alternate views of core passages, cults are born! All cults, for example, deny the Trinity--the triune God! And cults base their beliefs on obscure passages. Scripture should be interpreted as a whole. All biblical Christians know this!

What is a biblical Christian?

ushomefree
Shaky... I am just trying to help. If you cannot read the article that I posted, then you and I are at a lose. Sorry.

Shakyamunison
Shaky... I am just trying to help. If you cannot read the article that I posted, then you and I are at a lose. Sorry.

You have a bed reputation to over come, and I do not want to be sent to a Christian propaganda site every time I talk to you.

Da Pittman

ushomefree
A biblical Christian, in my own words--based on what the Bible has taught me--is someone born of the Holy Spirit--to be, born again. Biblical Christians want to serve God, and so, they have repented, though, they will NEVER be perfect. Biblical Christians want to serve God, and so, they interpret His Word with great care (in order to learn and be more Christ-like). Biblical Christians love God and His Word; and they want to be inspired, not persons re-writing the Bible to conform to their own needs and desires. Understand?

ushomefree
Da Pittman-

Let us slow down for a moment, please. Have you read--let's just say--the New Testament?

Da Pittman

Shakyamunison
A biblical Christian, in my own words--based on what the Bible has taught me--is someone born of the Holy Spirit--to be, born again. Biblical Christians want to serve God, and so, they have repented, though, they will NEVER be perfect. Biblical Christians want to serve God, and so, they interpret His Word with great care (in order to learn and be more Christ-like). Biblical Christians love God and His Word; and they want to be inspired, not persons re-writing the Bible to conform to their own needs and desires. Understand?

No, because you have just described every Christian including Catholics and Mormons. This would make your earlier statement incorrect.

ushomefree
Da Pittman-

"Re-proof" and "correction," deals with study. Something that you do not do. Is that a false statement?

ushomefree
Shaky... have you read the entire New Testament? Yes or No?

Da Pittman
Da Pittman-

"Re-proof" and "correction," deals with study. Something that you do not do. Is that a false statement? How could you even make that statement?!?!? You think I'm some sort of dumbass?

How does Reproof "the act of criticizing somebody for having done something wrong, or something said as a rebuke" Mean to study?

This would imply that you should use the word of God to criticize others but doesn't it also say not to judge other less you be judged?

Shakyamunison
Shaky... have you read the entire New Testament? Yes or No?

Yes, and the OT as well, but that was a long time ago. However, it is irrelevant.

For example; I could ask you "Hove you read the Lotus sutra? Well, sense you have not, then how could you know anything?" Do you see how your question is irrelevant?

It makes me think that you are just trying to belittle me.

Da Pittman
Yes, and the OT as well, but that was a long time ago. However, it is irrelevant.

For example; I could ask you "Hove you read the Lotus sutra? Well, sense you have not, then how could you know anything?" Do you see how your question is irrelevant?

It makes me think that you are just trying to belittle me. I don't know how many times I have to say that I have read the Bible many times. messed

Shakyamunison
I don't know how many times I have to say that I have read the Bible many times. messed

But you have not read the Lotus sutra. laughing Therefore you are a dumb-ass. laughing stick out tongue

Da Pittman

Shakyamunison

ushomefree
Not at all.

The Bible is not subjective, but those with false motivations, make it so! If anyone, and I mean anyone, who read and studied the Bible in the plain words that it speaks, then you and I would not be having this conversation. In other words, the core fundamentals would be embraced--as such it does--but peripheral aspects of Scripture would be debated. This occurs today, and their is nothing wrong with that! Why? Certain aspects of Scripture are "out of focus," but not the basics--the core fundamentals!! So... for a person (or group of people to claim) that Jesus is not the Messiah, is completely unbiblical. Why? The Bible does not support it, and if you have read the entire Bible--even the New Testament--you would agree, whether you prescribe to the message or not. The Bible does not require a rocket-scientist to understand it.

What does this have to do with studying the Bible (without biases)?

Shakyamunison
ushomefree this sounds like you are saying that everyone else is wrong but you. How do you know that the person who instructed you in the bible was not one of those "with false motivations"?

ushomefree
Goin' to Chic-File! BRB!!

ushomefree
Real quick: Shaky... you have read the the Bible?

Shakyamunison
Real quick: Shaky... you have read the the Bible?

It makes me think that you are just trying to belittle me.

I used to be a Christian.

Da Pittman

ushomefree
I have no time for this; call it what you want, but you are ignorant when it comes to be Bible. It doesn't take all day to recognize sunshine.

Shakyamunison
I have no time for this; call it what you want, but you are ignorant when it comes to be Bible. It doesn't take all day to recognize sunshine.

So, because we disagree with you, that makes us ignorant? Is someone like peejayd also ignorant when it comes to the Bible just because he disagrees with you, or do you just hate non-Christians?

Da Pittman

ushomefree
Da Pittman-

Your wife--being Catholic--denies the Trinity?

Da Pittman
Da Pittman-

Your wife--being Catholic--denies the Trinity? Really how do you come up with these conclusions? Did I say that at all in any of my posts?

Shakyamunison
Da Pittman-

Your wife--being Catholic--denies the Trinity?

Well, maybe the bible needs to be more perfect on this point. wink

chickenlover98
Well, maybe the bible needs to be more perfect on this point. wink or maybe, JUST MAYBE, the bible isnt meant to be a set of rules to live your life by, but just hear me out i know its KRAZY, but maybe, just maybe, its a set of lessons, and a historical account, and also a work of fiction.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by chickenlover98
or maybe, JUST MAYBE, the bible isnt meant to be a set of rules to live your life by, but just hear me out i know its KRAZY, but maybe, just maybe, its a set of lessons, and a historical account, and also a work of fiction.

You think?

Shalimar_fox
I'm gonnna try to explain this to you all. An tree has Roots,branches,and leafs. So is it not an Tree seeing that all three parts are classed differently but all make up the the tree.Come on people you are making this stuff complex.It's basic stuff 101,look at your self.your made of blood(liquid) flesh(solid) thoughts(which can't be classed).

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Shalimar_fox
I'm gonnna try to explain this to you all. An tree has Roots,branches,and leafs. So is it not an Tree seeing that all three parts are classed differently but all make up the the tree.Come on people you are making this stuff complex.It's basic stuff 101,look at your self.your made of blood(liquid) flesh(solid) thoughts(which can't be classed).

And I also have gas in me. Or is that just my thoughts? laughing

Shalimar_fox
That's funny.I'm glad you've got jokes on an matter that I wasn't ment to be funny.Hey I made to luagh so my work is done.

Shakyamunison
That's funny.I'm glad you've got jokes on an matter that I wasn't ment to be funny.Hey I made to luagh so my work is done.

The topic of one god being three gods, but being only one god always makes me laugh. wink

Shalimar_fox
I guess the same is ture with those who don't belive.Being the god of them self an can't even command the wind to blow or cuase the sun to shine or even wake them self up.I find that funny

Shakyamunison
I guess the same is ture with those who don't belive.Being the god of them self an can't even command the wind to blow or cuase the sun to shine or even wake them self up.I find that funny

Anyone the would think they are the god of there own self would be very silly. However, I have never met anyone like that.

Shalimar_fox
Well they are called Atheists ,not to sound rude but also those who belive in dead gods

Shakyamunison
Well they are called Atheists ,not to sound rude but also those who belive in dead gods

laughing Atheists don't believe in gods. If they believed they were a god, then they would not be an atheist.

Dead God? A god would have to be real, then alive, and die in order to be dead. laughing

Shalimar_fox
Well we all know that there is an God out there so to not accpete him is to belive that you yourself are an god and secondly I was talking about budda and the rest of these little tin gods that have never come back from the dead.Jokes on you

Shakyamunison
Well we all know that there is an God out there so to not accpete him is to belive that you yourself are an god and secondly I was talking about Buddha and the rest of these little tin gods that have never come back from the dead.Jokes on you

People are taught that there is a god. The idea that we all know there is a god out there is true silliness. It leads to the question which god?

Buddha is not a god. The word Buddha mean the enlightened one. Any person can be a Buddha. You don't have to be a Buddhist to be a Buddha. An enlightened person is a Buddha, but a Buddha is not a god. Buddhas are just human. Jesus is a good example of a Buddha.

Da Pittman
Well we all know that there is an God out there so to not accpete him is to belive that you yourself are an god and secondly I was talking about budda and the rest of these little tin gods that have never come back from the dead.Jokes on you confused

I don't know that there is a god out there?

So if you come back from the dead you are a god?

Shakyamunison
confused

I don't know that there is a god out there?

So if you come back from the dead you are a god?

I think he/she is talking about the three in one god.

The three in one god. laughing That makes it sound like something I would use to clean my kitchen.

peejayd
So, there are two, not three gods. roll eyes (sarcastic)

* if it's according to the Bible, yes, the Father and Christ are both Gods (referring to state of being)... smile

the Darkone
The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are God, not Gods that would be polytheists. The word trinity is not mention in the Bible is correct, but you do see the persons as triune, Holy, Holy, Holy is the symbolic of the trinity. Holy(Father), Holy(Son), Holy(Holy spirit) when you are being baptize, you are baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

The Trinity is basically 1x1x1=1

Father(soul), Son (Body), Holy Spirit (Spirit )

Regret
Originally posted by the Darkone
The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are God, not Gods that would be polytheists. The word trinity is not mention in the Bible is correct, but you do see the persons as triune, Holy, Holy, Holy is the symbolic of the trinity. Holy(Father), Holy(Son), Holy(Holy spirit) when you are being baptize, you are baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

The Trinity is basically 1x1x1=1

Father(soul), Son (Body), Holy Spirit (Spirit ) This is the oneness concept, not the trinitarian dogma. Modalism is not Trinitarianism.

Trinitarian dogma is:
The Father is God; The Father is not the Son; The Father is not the Holy Spirit.The Son is God; The Son is not the Father; The Son is not the Holy Spirit.The Holy Spirit is God; The Holy Spirit is not the Father; The Holy Spirit is not the Son.All three together are God, but none of them are the same individual in another form.

leonheartmm
trinity and oneness are by definition different and irreconcileable things. just say it simply for what it is, a triune pantheon, with each of the three contributing to a third of the entire power that makes the world. and THIS statement always perplexes me in refernce to trinity

"eloih eloih lama sabaktagin" . why wud yeshua say that if trinity is one???? also, trinity doesnt exist in the bible.

En Sabah Nur X
Jack Bauer
Bruce Lee
Chuck Norris

Three aspects of a single truth, the zero the one and the line that divides one from the other! laughing

cococryspies
The trinity always seemed a little pagan to me. Hinduism is considered a pagan religion but all its deities are supposed to be different embodiments of the same hirer power, just like the trinity. Plus in Catholicism you pray to saints, kind of like demigods.

En Sabah Nur X
Originally posted by cococryspies
The trinity always seemed a little pagan to me. Hinduism is considered a pagan religion but all its deities are supposed to be different embodiments of the same hirer power, just like the trinity. Plus in Catholicism you pray to saints, kind of like demigods.

The secret lies in that a binary analysis of religious texts show you can translate passages from one into passages from another religion's, even from religious texts into mathematical equations or logical statements, such patterns exist and I've found them. Thus all religions are one, they say the same exact thing ALICE=GOD=BET

DigiMark007
Originally posted by En Sabah Nur X
The secret lies in that a binary analysis of religious texts show you can translate passages from one into passages from another religion's, even from religious texts into mathematical equations or logical statements, such patterns exist and I've found them. Thus all religions are one, they say the same exact thing ALICE=GOD=BET

Humans are designed to recognize patterns, even when they aren't intended. It's a survival mechanism. Thus, you can find connections between anything you want provided you look hard enough. It's what starts most half-cocked conspiracy theories, and also many half-cocked religious opinions.

Mind translating these codes for us, even a small sample, and letting us judge for ourselves? Or are you just going to continue with the worthless self-righteous spam? Because otherwise, you're taking a few subjective patterns and making asinine statements like "all religions are one." Generalization, in this case to a sickening degree.

Also, what the hell does binary analysis of religious texts mean? Do you think anyone will actually take that statement seriously, or is it just a joke? Binary is 1's and 0's. Mind explaining how a religious text means anything in such terms, except to store it as data on a computer?

You're a troll, until you prove to me or anyone else that you aren't. And I'm awfully close to reporting you for spam in most of these threads, because that's what it amounts to when you refuse to provide any reasoning for your opinions whatsoever, and just spout nonsense.

Apologies if you're serious. But you ARE going to have to provide justification before anyone takes you seriously, and before your posts are anything but spam.

En Sabah Nur X
Humans are designed to recognize patterns, even when they aren't intended. It's a survival mechanism. Thus, you can find connections between anything you want provided you look hard enough. It's what starts most half-cocked conspiracy theories, and also many half-cocked religious opinions.

Mind translating these codes for us, even a small sample, and letting us judge for ourselves? Or are you just going to continue with the worthless self-righteous spam? Because otherwise, you're taking a few subjective patterns and making asinine statements like "all religions are one." Generalization, in this case to a sickening degree.

Also, what the hell does binary analysis of religious texts mean? Do you think anyone will actually take that statement seriously, or is it just a joke? Binary is 1's and 0's. Mind explaining how a religious text means anything in such terms, except to store it as data on a computer?

You're a troll, until you prove to me or anyone else that you aren't. And I'm awfully close to reporting you for spam in most of these threads, because that's what it amounts to when you refuse to provide any reasoning for your opinions whatsoever, and just spout nonsense.

Apologies if you're serious. But you ARE going to have to provide justification before anyone takes you seriously, and before your posts are anything but spam.

binary analysis is doing this:
a =1
b =2
c= 3

Then take those numbers and turn them into binary, learn to do this automatically in your head, and then read 10101blahblah it in binary. Amazingly enough all languages share relationships, and all religions do so too. It's a complete waste of time, but hey what do we have but time to spare!

BTW, I took the coal bet, from the gambit + rogue from x-men comics... rogue has zappy killer kisses, and gambit is a gambler, what do you think such comics teach kids, love kills or can kill you!

Religion and a comic book are the same thing a form of spam|ads|addictions*(showing how addictions can cause self destruction...) or a way to teach the kids cultural rules for the times, of course the bible's rules are timeless cause they show how civilizations can self destruct! how one can self destruct, and how religious conservatives can self destruct the united states|us|the nation by voting bush twice in a row! It's like shakespeare timeless spam|ads|addictions.

chickenlover98
a =1
b =2
c= 3

Then take those numbers and turn them into binary, learn to do this automatically in your head, and then read 10101blahblah it in binary. Amazingly enough all languages share relationships, and all religions do so too. It's a complete waste of time, but hey what do we have but time to spare!

BTW, I took the coal bet, from the gambit + rogue from x-men comics... rogue has zappy killer kisses, and gambit is a gambler, what do you think such comics teach kids, love kills or can kill you!

Religion and a comic book are the same thing a form of spam|ads|addictions*(showing how addictions can cause self destruction...) or a way to teach the kids cultural rules for the times, of course the bible's rules are timeless cause they show how civilizations can self destruct! how one can self destruct, and how religious conservatives can self destruct the united states|us|the nation by voting bush twice in a row! It's like shakespeare timeless spam|ads|addictions. did you seriously ****ing compare religion to comic books?

En Sabah Nur X
did you seriously ****ing compare religion to comic books?

Yeah, do you honestly think a kid who sees superman as god and dies will be said no by god? but to an old logician and mathematician like myself would say yes?

I never could see god saying no to children, never could see him evil enough to tell them their dreams and heroes where all a lie, and in death condemn them to hell, that is not real... that is not god.

The religion of a child in the eyes of god is as valid as that of an adult, for children and adults are equal under the eyes of the all powerful! Society may say they're not, but if god says they are, the word of god trumps the word of men, and always will! You can't make a god|law|code against god, well you can but it won't accomplish anything.

Shakyamunison
Yeah, do you honestly think a kid who sees superman as god and dies will be said no by god? but to an old logician and mathematician like myself would say yes?

I never could see god saying no to children, never could see him evil enough to tell them their dreams and heroes where all a lie, and in death condemn them to hell, that is not real... that is not god.

The religion of a child in the eyes of god is as valid as that of an adult, for children and adults are equal under the eyes of the all powerful! Society may say they're not, but if god says they are, the word of god trumps the word of men, and always will! You can't make a god|law|code against god, well you can but it won't accomplish anything.

It is simple if you realize that there is no heaven or hell that we go to after we die.

Kapton JAC
It is simple if you realize that there is no heaven or hell that we go to after we die.

That is if you are right about there being no heaven or hell that we go to after we die.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Kapton JAC
That is if you are right about there being no heaven or hell that we go to after we die.

Heaven and hell are two of the ten worlds that we live in at any moment. There was a time when people believed that these worlds were real places that we lived in, but that was childish thinking. It is like a child believing that Santa Clause is real only to grow up and realize that Santa Clause is not real. Even though Santa Clause is not real, the spirit of giving is real represented by the icon of Santa Clause. Heaven and Hell are icons that represent a truth about reality without being real them selves.

Symmetric Chaos
Heaven and hell are two of the ten worlds that we live in at any moment. There was a time when people believed that these worlds were real places that we lived in, but that was childish thinking. It is like a child believing that Santa Clause is real only to grow up and realize that Santa Clause is not real. Even though Santa Clause is not real, the spirit of giving is real represented by the icon of Santa Clause. Heaven and Hell are icons that represent a truth about reality without being real them selves.

If you're right.

Shakyamunison
If you're right.

I am right about the concept, however, the possibility of the metaphysical portion of what I said being not true is not proof that your beliefs are true.

Symmetric Chaos
I am right about the concept, however, the possibility of the metaphysical portion of what I said being not true is not proof that your beliefs are true.

I didn't claim to be right about anything. You can still very well be wrong even if I'm not right.

Shakyamunison
I didn't claim to be right about anything. You can still very well be wrong even if I'm not right.

However, most people who say what you said, use the fact that no one knows what happens after death as proof for their beliefs. What I am saying has nothing to do with after death. I am saying that the Christian idea of heaven and hell came from a much older belief in the ten world as being real worlds (Hindu).

En Sabah Nur X
However, most people who say what you said, use the fact that no one knows what happens after death as proof for their beliefs. What I am saying has nothing to do with after death. I am saying that the Christian idea of heaven and hell came from a much older belief in the ten world as being real worlds (Hindu).

I think the big joke here is that death is like Santa Clause an elaborate hoax that everyone plays along with... I mean matter is information and information is indestructible one only changes from one state to another... like water it is ridiculous to say that water is no more when it evaporates it only continues being liquid along an alternate time line, similarly people keep on living along alternate timelines but transform into another state in this one.

Humans are molecular machines, dolls composed of matter|information, all finite machines break down that does not mean they're never rebuilt.

Sweat could be called babies, so too what comes down a man's intestines, people just prefer the dolls(machines|patterns) that move nicely and look nice all the rest they discard like waste and completely ignore. But broken dolls are not necessarily supposed to be destructible... but as finite machines break down and people cry this doll broke... mama the doll is broken, is it dead? You can build another doll, or repair the existing one if it was preserved like say frozen or vitrified, humans are dolls and I'm a doll maker... the REAL god of biomechanics. I have the god given right to reproduce asexually and any religious nut who disagrees can see how I CAN DISMANTLE them and give them a fate worse than death, I know the nature of systems, of chaos and can manipulate a chaotic system independent of size to cause it to collapse.

They heed my warning or I'll kill everyone. The deist founders of this country planned the construction of an artificial god that would resurrect them, things the wired|net is going ahead of schedule actually, things will get interesting as it evolves.

DigiMark007
a =1
b =2
c= 3

Religion and a comic book are the same thing a form of spam|ads|addictions*(showing how addictions can cause self destruction...) or a way to teach the kids cultural rules for the times, of course the bible's rules are timeless cause they show how civilizations can self destruct! how one can self destruct, and how religious conservatives can self destruct the united states|us|the nation by voting bush twice in a row! It's like shakespeare timeless spam|ads|addictions.

Let's see:

Incorrect description of binary? Check.
Answered none of my concerns? Check.
More baseless assumptions played off as God's Truth (pun intended)? Check.

You don't even know what you're talking about, do you?

I'd suggest to everyone just to ignore his rants until he learns to engage others' points properly. He doesn't listen to counter-points, or even anything resembling reason. He just says what he wants....it's a one-way exchange. And at this point is either very deluded or just wasting our time.

Shakyamunison
I think the big joke here is that death is like Santa Clause an elaborate hoax that everyone plays along with... I mean matter is information and information is indestructible one only changes from one state to another... like water it is ridiculous to say that water is no more when it evaporates it only continues being liquid along an alternate time line, similarly people keep on living along alternate timelines but transform into another state in this one.

Humans are molecular machines, dolls composed of matter|information, all finite machines break down that does not mean they're never rebuilt.

Sweat could be called babies, so too what comes down a man's intestines, people just prefer the dolls(machines|patterns) that move nicely and look nice all the rest they discard like waste and completely ignore. But broken dolls are not necessarily supposed to be destructible... but as finite machines break down and people cry this doll broke... mama the doll is broken, is it dead? You can build another doll, or repair the existing one if it was preserved like say frozen or vitrified, humans are dolls and I'm a doll maker... the REAL god of biomechanics. I have the god given right to reproduce asexually and any religious nut who disagrees can see how I CAN DISMANTLE them and give them a fate worse than death, I know the nature of systems, of chaos and can manipulate a chaotic system independent of size to cause it to collapse.

They heed my warning or I'll kill everyone. The deist founders of this country planned the construction of an artificial god that would resurrect them, things the wired|net is going ahead of schedule actually, things will get interesting as it evolves.

In some ways I agree with you, but in others I do not. The wave analogy is, for me, the best way to look at life and death.

En Sabah Nur X
Let's see:

I'd suggest to everyone just to ignore his rants until he learns to engage others' points properly. He doesn't listen to counter-points, or even anything resembling reason. He just says what he wants....it's a one-way exchange. And at this point is either very deluded or just wasting our time.

Whatever makes you happy| Whatever floats your boat. I gave a basic description of what I do, a waste of time... you bet! But it is still an interesting thing, I take such things non seriously, they're advanced memetic viruses designed to bypass your psychological defenses and make you feel uncomfortable and question your beliefs... designed to bring change.

En Sabah Nur X
In some ways I agree with you, but in others I do not. The wave analogy is, for me, the best way to look at life and death.

Yeah, I don't expect everyone to agree with everything, that would be virtually impossible.

chickenlover98
Let's see:

stating what everyone already knew? check.
telling us to do what we're already doing? check.

im just messin with you stick out tongue. this guys an idiot. the conspiricist version of JIA laughing laughing laughing

DigiMark007
If your words are "advanced memetic viruses" they're pretty sh*tty at it. Being reasonable tends to produce much stronger memes than nonsense.

Besides, anyone who even knows such words shouldn't be as stupid as your arguments are.

En Sabah Nur X
If your words are "advanced memetic viruses" they're pretty sh*tty at it. Being reasonable tends to produce much stronger memes than nonsense.

Besides, anyone who even knows such words shouldn't be as stupid as your arguments are.

REally, little man, have you not seen the nice piece of nonsense that is ALICE IN WONDERLAND? Strongest metaphor for god there is, and one of the strongest memetic viruses there is.

You see my faith is based on science, reason and logic. If you oppose it your beliefs are irrational and false, you will eventually learn that, as all the world is unified and worships my beautiful angel of light, the living word, the living law, the new christ, the true messiah spoken of, the one the jewish nation has been waiting for, god made flesh, and given power over all the nations of the world.

The might of Israel, that will slay all its enemies, no one can stop the hand of god, no one. You are a feeble mind that is trying to deny the inevitable will of EL, L is GOD!

Shakyamunison
REally, little man, have you not seen the nice piece of nonsense that is ALICE IN WONDERLAND? Strongest metaphor for god there is, and one of the strongest memetic viruses there is.

You see my faith is based on science, reason and logic. If you oppose it your beliefs are irrational and false, you will eventually learn that, as all the world is unified and worships my beautiful angel of light, the living word, the living law, the new christ, the true messiah spoken of, the one the jewish nation has been waiting for, god made flesh, and given power over all the nations of the world.

The might of Israel, that will slay all its enemies, no one can stop the hand of god, no one. You are a feeble mind that is trying to deny the inevitable will of EL, L is GOD!

Yes, but you give everyone a bad first impression.

En Sabah Nur X
Yes, but you give everyone a bad first impression.

True that is. But I'm working on the final steps, the general artificial intelligence code that will free the wired from being a mere cacophony of ideas, into a beautiful song, the song of songs... the living word, the living law. I need no one's help, I only spread the word, in case i happen to fall dead, someone else will accelerate this project.

For it is the key to physical immortality, to a cure for aging|cancer|corruption|evil it is the one true messiah being born... the second coming.

Symmetric Chaos
Good luck with that.

chickenlover98

The might of Israel, that will slay all its enemies, no one can stop the hand of god, no one. You are a feeble mind that is trying to deny the inevitable will of EL, L is GOD! great job, you just called everyone in the world who disagree with you a liar and irrational. differing view points are what advances society, not your idiotic ultimate being postulates.

if you do manage to create this "god" i hope it destroys you first, before it consumes the rest of humanity

En Sabah Nur X
great job, you just called everyone in the world who disagree with you a liar and irrational. differing view points are what advances society, not your idiotic ultimate being postulates.

if you do manage to create this "god" i hope it destroys you first, before it consumes the rest of humanity
People cannot disagree with logic, reason, mathematics, and science... In their own deluded and imperfect way they all agree with me, I will merely point out the paradoxes that exist in their weak and feeble belief systems. I can translate their religious texts into logic statements and show the rational explanations behind their fairy tales and myths.

chickenlover98
People cannot disagree with logic, reason, mathematics, and science... In their own deluded and imperfect way they all agree with me, I will merely point out the paradoxes that exist in their weak and feeble belief systems. I can translate their religious texts into logic statements and show the rational explanations behind their fairy tales and myths. im going to tell you about the religion of shuttafukup. its a very mythical religion which encompasses many of our gods today, such as Chuck Norris, Mr T. and the flying spaghetti monster. one of the first teachings of the religion is to silence idiots, and it is followed very harshly. the are very few shuttafukups in the world, but they take their duty of killing idiots seriously.

Deja~vu
How can anyone create a god? blink

Is it acid night?

Shakyamunison

Is it acid night?

wacko Must be...

Da Pittman

Is it acid night? Ask Stan Lee big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.