MASTER CHIEF vs JOANNA DARK

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ato

Ato
cmon, I know yall halo fans and perfect dark fans out there have an opinion on this, or do you guys not respond to threads made by new people? or maybe I just typed too much....here, pretend I just said,

Master Chief vs Joanna Dark, who wins?

Shin_Gouken
Sorry, it just took me so damn long to read that post. lol smile

Anyway, on your little schpeal on how the winner in a game fight should be determined. I agree with using exact game mechanics, but only to an extent. I think it would be fine to use game mechanics in the scenario you have given; as they are both shooting games but consider a situation like this: Ryu vs. Kirby. Now, Ryu is obviously the winner, but they belong to two totally different genres. Ryu is a fighting game character. Kirby is a very original adventure type game. Now throw kirby in the Street Fighter world and he'll get the crap beat out of him. Throw Ryu into dreamland and Kirby has to have a chance to suck him up, copy his power, whatever. Obviously, in a real fight Ryu would not succumb to kirby's inhalation at all. Also, we know a lot about Ryu from the Street Fighter anime series, while we know only about Kirby from what is in his games. Some characters have outside information to draw on other than just the game itself.

Ok I'm done. big grin I'm undecided on your match up though as of now.

oh and btw, you'll find that the "games versus" forum is kinda slow, people don't respond here as fast cuz there aren't as many of them as there are in other forums. So you'll have to get used to waiting a while for replies.

The Black Ghost
Master Cheif becuz he is cooler and he has green armor and never talks which makes him even better. smile

DarkC
Chief, no contest.

Ato
Originally posted by Shin_Gouken
Sorry, it just took me so damn long to read that post. lol smile

Anyway, on your little schpeal on how the winner in a game fight should be determined. I agree with using exact game mechanics, but only to an extent. I think it would be fine to use game mechanics in the scenario you have given; as they are both shooting games but consider a situation like this: Ryu vs. Kirby. Now, Ryu is obviously the winner, but they belong to two totally different genres. Ryu is a fighting game character. Kirby is a very original adventure type game. Now throw kirby in the Street Fighter world and he'll get the crap beat out of him. Throw Ryu into dreamland and Kirby has to have a chance to suck him up, copy his power, whatever. Obviously, in a real fight Ryu would not succumb to kirby's inhalation at all. Also, we know a lot about Ryu from the Street Fighter anime series, while we know only about Kirby from what is in his games. Some characters have outside information to draw on other than just the game itself.

Ok I'm done. big grin I'm undecided on your match up though as of now.

oh and btw, you'll find that the "games versus" forum is kinda slow, people don't respond here as fast cuz there aren't as many of them as there are in other forums. So you'll have to get used to waiting a while for replies.

Yea it definitely doesnt work with all scenarios. Though I would never even participate in a discussion that has someone like kirby or yoshi vs a realistic character. Its just dumb. But yea the whole "2 different worlds" thing can be tricky. I mean what if it was Master Chief vs Solid Snake, one person uses 1st person view while the other uses 3rd person. But then would it be where one sniper shot to the head from MC would kill Snake? (like it does in halo) or would snake be able to take multiple shots (like he does in MGS). So theres always some controversy when it comes to hit damage, but then yude also have to think about hit reactions. Like if you have Dante hit MC with his sword, does MC flinch? (which would disable MC's actions and enable dante to get off combos.) I would have em flinch, but of course thats not what happens in halo, if you hit em with a plasma sword they can still shoot and attack back. So I guess that would be another instance of changing the fighters "world." But Im just real interested in ppls opinions when real game mechanics are considered, (I major in game design so all I think about is game mechanics) I just think its fun to see who ppl would actually play as.

and yea just at first glance to me it seemed like this was one a those fast forums, where ppl are always on it and replying instantly.

Ato
Oh and far as the matchup goes, I honestly believe that if I'm playin as Joanna against ANYONE playin as master chief, I would kill you. I mean, what would you do when I get back in a corner, set up a laptop gun or maybe some proximity mines around me, and then just start pickin you off through walls with my farsight? Now yea if I ever get close to you then ima get owned, but as long as I stay far way, behind walls, then that farsight is gona be bring me to victory. And if it were Joanna from PD1, then I would really kill you, then I could have 6 weapons and bring out that fly-by-wire rocket atchya too.

MadMel
i see ur points..but game mechanics really makes it less interesting (to put it nicely) in seconds. if it were placed in real life, things become much more exiting.

Ato
Well I like it better cuz its more factual, instead of just a bunch of ppls opinions.

Zen2nd
Well aiming in Halo is alot easier than in Perfect Dark. It's alot easier for Chief to throw grenades too seeing as he only has to press one button whereas Joanna has to select it, then throw it, then go back to her weapon. That takes up alot of time where Chief can do it in a second flat and have his weapon back in his hand to force Joanna into a corner.

Chief jumps too. Plus when ever Joanna does a roll that actually makes her weaker and thus takes more damage from gunfire.

Plus Chief can do a melee attack without having to have no weapons equipped, unlike Joanna.

Chief would just use the Brute Shot and ricochet the grenade rounds

Chief would simply just lob some grenades to force Joanna out.

Plus Chief is wearing a suit of armour unlike Joanna's "shield", then Chief also has his rechargeable shield.

Joanna does run awfully slow in PDZ and when compared with Halo it can easily be seen that Chief is going a hell of alot faster than she is.

That's all for now. I'll wait till I see your reply.

Ato
Originally posted by Zen2nd
Well aiming in Halo is alot easier than in Perfect Dark. It's alot easier for Chief to throw grenades too seeing as he only has to press one button whereas Joanna has to select it, then throw it, then go back to her weapon. That takes up alot of time where Chief can do it in a second flat and have his weapon back in his hand to force Joanna into a corner.

Chief jumps too. Plus when ever Joanna does a roll that actually makes her weaker and thus takes more damage from gunfire.

Plus Chief can do a melee attack without having to have no weapons equipped, unlike Joanna.

Chief would just use the Brute Shot and ricochet the grenade rounds

Chief would simply just lob some grenades to force Joanna out.

Plus Chief is wearing a suit of armour unlike Joanna's "shield", then Chief also has his rechargeable shield.

Joanna does run awfully slow in PDZ and when compared with Halo it can easily be seen that Chief is going a hell of alot faster than she is.

That's all for now. I'll wait till I see your reply.

YES!!! FINALLY! this is what I wana see! Let the debate begin!
Ok, first off, Joanna CAN melee with any weapon in PDZ, its the B button, just like Halo. (in PD1 she cant tho, but were usin her PDZ form.) Now about your "just ricochet the grenades" strategy, that would take an incredible amount of aim and luck no matter what corner im in. and that bruteshot really isnt good at ricocheting. I mean it only bounces once and then it explodes. You wouldnt be able to hit me unless you could see me. Yude be better off just trying to throw grenades and bounce them to try and hit me, and you only have 4 a those. But theres so many corners and rooms where that wouldnt work. Ya know the level complex? its in goldeneye and PD1, if this fight took place there, then Joanna could get up in that highest spot back in that corner room, theres really not a place that you can throw grenades too. But you wouldnt even be able to get close, cuz ima be snipin you with the farsight before you can even think about chunkin some grenades. Plus before you get in range to throw em, you gotta worry bout takin out my laptop and proximity mines too.

Dark-Kenshin
What? Masterchief can lift a tank easily. He'd take her out with one punch.

Ato
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
What? Masterchief can lift a tank easily. He'd take her out with one punch.

yea, maybe if he ever got that close to her...

Zen2nd
Well if Joanna is starting with the farsight then Chief should be armed with the overshield and camo, that should give him enough time to race up to Joanna before he dies.

Remember Chief has the advantage of being able to jump, and thus could jump like crazy to avoid the shots.

Stalker 360
chief has this fliping a 66 ton tank he has uber strength. any of chiefs guns would kill JD. plasma weapons would simply burn her. as for shooting threw walls thats very well but chief has a shield which would take the impact then after the first shot just jump everywere till he found JD. he has speed power and inteligence over JD

Ato
Ok, yea I think it would be fair to give MC an overshield and camo, then I would say it would probably take about 2-3 shots with the farsight to take em out. But yea it would be alot harder to hit em when hes jumpin around n stuff, but also ya know their not fightin in a lil room. I mean its not like MC can just run straight toward JD and take her out with a rocket or sword. Their gona spawn on completely different sides of the map.

Otus
I got to say Joanna cause she is hot and I don't like Halo and its characters at all... In real life this would be really unfair, cause MC has those recharging shields and etc...

Tassadar
The only normal humans that can beat superhumans are the Punisher and Batman, the Chief kills her

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.