Aquaman vs Orka & Tiger Shark

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
This fight take place in the Atlantic Ocean who wins?

Orka- http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/orkahkwsm.htm

&

Tiger Shark- http://www.marveldatabase.com/wiki/index.php/Tiger_Shark

soleran30
Those guys get slaughtered by AM .......................maybe AM makes them his pets as well since they are very closely related to aquatic life! LOL AM gets to make a pet outta 2 of Namors big water enemiessmile

golem370
I think they beat the snot out of him

Juntai
Originally posted by golem370
I think they beat the snot out of him Of course you do. You always think the Marvel guy wins.

Horrificus
First of all, don't short-change Orka. Here are some feats:

(Avengers I#149) -When the Avengers attacked, Orka single-handedly knocked Beast, Captain America, Hellcat, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, and Vision unconcious. Soon Thor and Moondragon attacked, and Orka withstood Thor's hammer-blow and knocked out Moondragon as she psychically assaulted him.  An enraged Thor battled Orka, knocking him through several walls, hitting him repeatedly, and summoning lightning against him before Orka was finally defeated.

(Defenders II#7) - With Attuma again in control of Atlantis, he formed a team called Deep Six to protect the city from the attacking Defenders. Orka, with Nagala, Tiger Shark, Sea Urchin, Attuma, and Piranha stood ready when the heroes attacked and Orka took a blow from the Hulk. Orka, surrounded by killer whales to draw strength from, battled the Hulk back. The battle didn't last long, however, as the heroes were pulled away by the curse that afflicted them.

(Defenders II#11) - When the Defenders attacked again, Orka again battled the Hulk. The Hulk got continually madder as his anger increased, so Orka kept calling on more whales to make him stronger as well. Soon, the other Defenders had defeated Deep Six and retaken Atlantis. While they celebrated, Hulk and Orka kept battling outside the city walls.  The outcome of this battle is unknown.

soleran30
Yes well lets see Hmmmm Aquaman can specifically use his telepathy initially on aquatic life................I would be willing to wager that orcaman and sharkboy have larger parts of their brain associated with that since they are from the oceansmile Its not much of a fight as this is where AM has a huge upperhand (literally now)

spetznaz
Originally posted by golem370
I think they beat the snot out of him

Let's have a look at this:

TigerShark:
- A former olympic swimmer
- Can swim at 60mph
- Can breathe underwater
- Has a nasty bite
- Can lift 80 tons
- Hybrid of Human, Atlantean .....erm ....and shark!

Orka:
- Can lift 80 tons on land, and 100 tons in water.
- Can increase his strength by 'absorbing' the strength of whales
- Has the speed, strength and stamina of a Killer Whale (hence the name Orka, from Orca)
- Can communicate with whales through whistling.
- Has a blubbery skin
- Can breath underwater

Hmmmm .....pretty formidable individuals.
However, a character is only as formidable as the foe it is facing, hence let us look at Aquaman.

Aquaman:
- Can swim at up to 20,000 feet per second (compare that with Tiger's 60mph, and Orka's 'speed of a killer whale.' Oh ....20,000 fps in MPH comes to 13,636mph .....thus he would be swimming circles around the two 'gentlemen' above).
- Can lift a city block (which is far greater than the 80 ton lifting capacity of Tiger, or the 100 ton lifting capacity of Orka. Far far greater. Now, Orka can increase his strength by calling Whales ....erm ....but more on that later. Anyways, Aquaman is stronger than the two )
- Is a highly accomplished telepath (actually a very powerful one, as shown in him being able to stand up to Despero for a while at least)
- Which brings me to fish communication ....Aquaman is known as the king of the seas, and is able to communicate with aquatic life. Now, Orka can whistle at whales to come near, and thus absorb their strength. But what happens if Aquaman telepathically makes all whales in the vicinity decide to start their annual migration early?> Hmmm ...I guess Orka is way out of luck.

Now, I'm sure someone will bring up the fact that Orka is 24 feet tall.
Wow .....Orka sure is a big fishboy!
His size must REALLY mean he can beat up Aquaman (how did Golem put it .....'beat the snot out of him').

The only problem is that Aquaman has faced bigger individuals before.
From a giant (far larger than a 'mere' 24 feet) to the demonic dog Ceberus that guards the underground (and he actually tore off one of its 3 heads and used it to break down the gates of hell).

Aquaman all the way.

Lucid Lui
^ Cosign

Horrificus
I thought AM can "communicate" with sea life. Not command all sea life absolutely. Because, that would have a great deal of impact on the situation with Orka and the whales. Because, if AM is "asking" sea life for help, and they can say no, chances are they would say no in this case, since Orka is technically one of them. Plus, a whale is not a fish. Does that make a difference?

Oh well. Lot's of gray areas.

And, is AM able to command every sea going civilization in the DC universe? How does it work? Is it like, every living thing in the water is blindly under AM's control? Because, if that is the way it is, that is just goofy.

No, atlanteans are not "fish". They are not part fish. They are just another humaniod civilization.

The point to the feat I listed, where Orka got stronger as Hulk got stronger, was to show that he has untapped uper limits also. Since he started fighting Hulk while he was at Class 100, then got stronger.

And, lift a city block? What does that mean? WHat is on the block? Is that a psychic, telekenisis thing?

How does he swim 20,000 mph through water? He would vaporize the sea.

The whole thing sounds cheesy. Were his powers made in a kindergarten class? Can he also make super-splashes that can knock out superman? Or, is there also a "Sun-Dipped" Aquaman? hehe.

Geez. I mean Cheez.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Horrificus
How does he swim 20,000 mph through water? He would vaporize the sea.

Basically the max to go in the sea is 700 knots, since it would turn the water into plasma. Really he shouldn't have been able to go that fast without destroying the sea.

Horrificus
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Basically the max to go in the sea is 700 knots, since it would turn the water into plasma. Really he shouldn't have been able to go that fast without destroying the sea.

Thank you. If he EVER, even once in a blue moon, used this ability, he would vaporize huge sections of the sea. And, just through physical ability, it isn't even possible. As he moved through the sea at that speed, the water would change on a molecular level, as would it's consitency. It would be like trying to swim through the head of a beer.

King_Mungi
He used it once, but had other impressive speed feats. I hate it when people say this, but applying real world physics to comics don't work.

Marrina, Namor have also done similar feats, and should have caused a huge disaster.

Horrificus
You are right, of course. But, what can I say? HE STARTED IT! when he said AM swims at 20,000 MPH!

Hehe. Actually, I always thought AM sounded interesting, and wanted to read more, and see what he is about. Maybe I will.

King_Mungi
You are right, of course. But, what can I say? HE STARTED IT! when he said AM swims at 20,000 MPH!

Hehe. Actually, I always thought AM sounded interesting, and wanted to read more, and see what he is about. Maybe I will.

Indeed, such things shouldn't happen like people talking going mach 2 or something.

He is, he's an awesome character but currently in the new Aquaman series it's a completly different Aquaman. Oddly the same name though .

spetznaz

The whole thing sounds cheesy. Were his powers made in a kindergarten class? Can he also make super-splashes that can knock out superman? Or, is there also a "Sun-Dipped" Aquaman? hehe.

Geez. I mean Cheez.

This is comics hombre.

And talking about kindergarten cheesiness, I wonder what one would say about TigerShark's human/Atlantean/shark hybrids.
Or say Orka's strength augmentation by absorbing the strength of whales drawn near by whistling.

One shouldn't throw stones when it comes to cheesy powers .....especially when one is defending Marvel characters. Too easy to take one down when that happens.

Oh .....and before you retort by saying that travelling at the speeds I listed is 'impossible,' check out on a couple of things for me.
The first is a weapon known as the Shkval (Russian for 'Squal' or storm). It is a torpedo that was made to travel at very high speeds ......over 3 times faster than the fastest torpedo in the West (we ...the US ...actually sent a spy to try and get its schematics, and that spy was captured and a whole can of worms opened ....in case you are curious the spy's name was Edmond Pope).
Anyways, the torpedo could achieve its speed through a wonder of physics known as super-cavitation, whereby it would travel through water encapsulated in air-bubbles. The faster it moved the faster it could move.

Anyways, the Shkval couldn't break the speed of sound.

However newer super-cavitation techniques (being worked on by DARPA .....check out who Darpa is) use something known as the 'sea-skate concept' for their super-cavitation, and they are being developed with the intent at moving at speeds approaching Mach 4.3 (which is the speed of sound in water .....and yes, before you get back to me that the speed of sound is Mach 1 please remember that sound travels at different speeds in different mediums).
Anyways, after you check out super-cavitation, and if you find out about the sea-skate super-cavitation, also check out on such matters as the Clinging Boundary Layer, the Froude equation, laminar vs turbulent flow.

At least the concept is sound in real life. Now, having something move at 13,000mph (in water) in real life will probably never happen (even the most generous modelling of next-gen super-cavitation doesn't allow such prodigious speeds), but having something break the speed of sound (as well as the speed of sound in water) is VERY POSSIBLE.
Now, since Aquaman is a comic it is alright for them to stretch things a bit and make him move faster.

Now, since we are talking about kindergarten powers, please elaborate how Marvel's human/Atlantean/Shark hybrid is not silly.
Or how Orka absorbs strength from whales he whistled up?

As I said .....don't throw stones if:
a) You are supporting a Marvel character (in a debate about inherent 'silliness'). This is especially when those characters go by such monikers as TigerShark and Orka, and possess the ability to absorb whale strength and/or are ex-human Olympic swimmers who are now half-shark hybrids.
b) You don't want stones thrown back

Have a nice day.

Lucid Lui
^ Cosign.

I swear, i just want to cosign all spetnaz's posts. big grin

Horrificus
Originally posted by spetznaz
This is comics hombre.

And talking about kindergarten cheesiness, I wonder what one would say about TigerShark's human/Atlantean/shark hybrids.
Or say Orka's strength augmentation by absorbing the strength of whales drawn near by whistling.

One shouldn't throw stones when it comes to cheesy powers .....especially when one is defending Marvel characters. Too easy to take one down when that happens.

Oh .....and before you retort by saying that travelling at the speeds I listed is 'impossible,' check out on a couple of things for me.
The first is a weapon known as the Shkval (Russian for 'Squal' or storm). It is a torpedo that was made to travel at very high speeds ......over 3 times faster than the fastest torpedo in the West (we ...the US ...actually sent a spy to try and get its schematics, and that spy was captured and a whole can of worms opened ....in case you are curious the spy's name was Edmond Pope).
Anyways, the torpedo could achieve its speed through a wonder of physics known as super-cavitation, whereby it would travel through water encapsulated in air-bubbles. The faster it moved the faster it could move.

Anyways, the Shkval couldn't break the speed of sound.

However newer super-cavitation techniques (being worked on by DARPA .....check out who Darpa is) use something known as the 'sea-skate concept' for their super-cavitation, and they are being developed with the intent at moving at speeds approaching Mach 4.3 (which is the speed of sound in water .....and yes, before you get back to me that the speed of sound is Mach 1 please remember that sound travels at different speeds in different mediums).
Anyways, after you check out super-cavitation, and if you find out about the sea-skate super-cavitation, also check out on such matters as the Clinging Boundary Layer, the Froude equation, laminar vs turbulent flow.

At least the concept is sound in real life. Now, having something move at 13,000mph (in water) in real life will probably never happen (even the most generous modelling of next-gen super-cavitation doesn't allow such prodigious speeds), but having something break the speed of sound (as well as the speed of sound in water) is VERY POSSIBLE.
Now, since Aquaman is a comic it is alright for them to stretch things a bit and make him move faster.

Now, since we are talking about kindergarten powers, please elaborate how Marvel's human/Atlantean/Shark hybrid is not silly.
Or how Orka absorbs strength from whales he whistled up?

As I said .....don't throw stones if:
a) You are supporting a Marvel character (in a debate about inherent 'silliness'). This is especially when those characters go by such monikers as TigerShark and Orka, and possess the ability to absorb whale strength and/or are ex-human Olympic swimmers who are now half-shark hybrids.
b) You don't want stones thrown back

Have a nice day.

Um... ok. Sorry, I was just having some fun. And, I was taken off guard by all the new powers AM has nowadays. That's all.

It just seems that every time a writer gets hold of a character, he feels it is his duty to somehow make the character capable of worldwide destruction, having cosmic scale powers.

Oh well. I guess I should just go "Super-Cavitate" myself.

spetznaz
Um... ok. Sorry, I was just having some fun. And, I was taken off guard by all the new powers AM has nowadays. That's all.

It just seems that every time a writer gets hold of a character, he feels it is his duty to somehow make the character capable of worldwide destruction, having cosmic scale powers.

Oh well. I guess I should just go "Super-Cavitate" myself.

Oh goodness.
No need to apologize. This is just comics.

No need to super-cavitate yourself.

jrodslam
If Aquaman doesnt use telepathy he loses.

Horrificus
But, it sounds funny. I shall be using the "Super-Cavitation" angle in future arguments in real life!

Hehe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.