Who Makes the Best Transfers to DVD?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
I'd say Grindhouse Releasing. Even thought Criterion is far more technical and more profesional...I'm very impress with the work Grindhouse did with CH, Cannibal Ferox, and The Beyond.

Deano
Anchor bay are excellent in my opinion

WrathfulDwarf
Major props for Anchor Bay on the 4 disc DOTD Edition. thumb up

Cinemaddiction
I thought Anchor Bay handled "The Beyond"? Twice at that, one in the LE tin. Anycrap, they're about even. The extras on the "Cannibal Holocaust" disc weren't that impressive. Shriek Show's "Zombi 2" extras were mostly interviews, all in Italian, and Anchor Bay, on the more obscure titles, skimps. The actual TRANSFRERS themselves, I have no idea. Anchor Bay is notorious for matted widescreens on "Evil Dead", when it was shot in Full Fram to begin with. There were also complaints of too dark a picture on the Book of the Dead releases of 1 and 2. That's why I own the Elite Edition.

Deano
i will be getting the phantasm boxset on achor bay release

its to die for

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B000B6F8OG.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

WrathfulDwarf
Looks Sweet! Is going to be available for region 1?

Wolfie
That Phantasm is too cool!

I'll have to go with Anchor Bay as well.

Cinemaddiction
"Phantasm" sphere is R2, just like the "Hellraiser" lament configuration. For the record, I hate "Phantasm". I tried to watch it 4 times, and it bored me to hell.

Deano
yeh its not one of my favourite horrors. it has its moments.

redcaped
I agree on that...some are better than others! Star Wars prequels 1 2 3 are the best dvd quality I have from all and is fox.

redcaped
I don't have a plasma tv but anyway I don't think this would help 100% is all the transfer. All the movies have this big flaw when they hit the dark you see those things moving like living sperm all over the f screen!

Wolfie
Phantasm isn't the best, but I enjoyed it. The Tall Man was a pretty cool character.

production469
Legend Films has released the definitive DVD releases of many great films including "Reefer Madness," "House on Haunted Hill," "Plan 9 from Outer Space," and the soon-to-be-released Corman classic "The Little Shop of Horrors." Superb transfers, in black and white as well as in new color versions, and with audio commentary by Mike Nelson (MST3K), plus other great stuff. Definitive coolness. cool

redcaped
Just saw Inspector Gadget and it is a video tape transfer not from the original print. Colors look light or fade. Because this was a tv series doesn't mean it has no print.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.