Pressure Points

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GCG
I am sure a lot of you heard about these pressure points in Ju-jitsu and what not.

So my question is if they are really that effective against a determined opponent.

powerfulone1987
Xena is who you should be talking to.

Lucy Lawless, where are you.............................

is it comprehensible.....

~Mitsurugi~
yes the are affective. but you have to hit them at the right moment and in the direct spot. which is not worth it, just punch someone in the ear and they will go down.erm

GCG
Originally posted by ~Mitsurugi~
yes the are affective. but you have to hit them at the right moment and in the direct spot. which is not worth it, just punch someone in the ear and they will go down.erm

haha ; Tyler Durden got punched in the ear; looked painful. Isnt the nose a pressure point too ?

soleran30
Originally posted by GCG
haha ; Tyler Durden got punched in the ear; looked painful. Isnt the nose a pressure point too ?

Its certainly a weak spotsmile it takes single digit lbs of pressure to break the nosesmile It doesn't always put your guys down thoughsmile Go for a haymaker on the chin when they aren't looking eek!

Zebina
Yes they are. I've had to use them before

KharmaDog
Originally posted by GCG
I am sure a lot of you heard about these pressure points in Ju-jitsu and what not.

So my question is if they are really that effective against a determined opponent.

Do they work? I am 6'9" and close to 300 pounds. A friend of my family's (he is no longer with us) was a sensei (sp?) since before I was born. To prove the effectiveness of pressure points (and to shut me up because i was mocking him) he grabbed my arm and put his thumb on the inside of my bicep (or around that general area) and just pulled me to the ground. I couldn't move my arm for a few seconds.

He then explained various pressure points that that if you punched soomeone in the armpit hard enough it would knock them out cold. He did stress that people who played around with trying to hit certain points and who were unaware of what they were doing could cause major damage.

soleran30
Something to keep in mind about pressure points is that you need to know your spot and how to apply them before you decide hey I wonder if there are any pressure spots I should try on this guy or girl.

My last note for this though is even in jui-jitsu and all the other arts against a comparably skilled opponent there are still some things a guy like Kharma can get away with for example that smaller guys would get rocked doing. Learn Stand up firstsmile

KharmaDog
Originally posted by soleran30
My last note for this though is even in jui-jitsu and all the other arts against a comparably skilled opponent there are still some things a guy like Kharma can get away with for example that smaller guys would get rocked doing. Learn Stand up firstsmile

That's true. A good big man generlly has a pretty huge advantage over a good little man. I used to box and I one more than one bout just out of sheer size. That said, my first and only loss (it was my first match) I got beat by a much better man who was very much smaller than I. I guess that goes to prove that an excellent little man can beat a good big man.boxing

GCG
Once a friend of mine applied a small amount of pressure to my joint at my elbow, a bit further up towards the bicep and it made my arm curl towards me.

Then, after some time (weeks) he tried it again and I realised i could have got hium with my other hand.

So really, if I could have punched him in the neck what was the use of that pressure point tact ?

Because I can
theres one on the joint before your elbow on the inside of you arm... Then theres a really sensitive point that brings anyone down big grin If you can reach, that is stick out tongue, its between the collar bone and a finger on the top of the shoulder blade... it hurts sad

powerfulone1987
I think I know what you're talking about, but I wouldn't call that a pressure point if that is what you're talking about, but it does hurt.

Just like when someone presses a finger down on your inside risk right on top of the veins.

is it comprehensible.....

Because I can
Still, its a way to get people to move smile

I might try these (on someone else, o course smile)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.