Does size matter?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K.Diddy
In a fight smile

I personally dont think it does as I have often found a lot of ''big'' guy's are pussies and are all show......Opinions?

G a n n o n
size def matters in a fight. bigger guys win. erm

Mišt
Nah, its whoever punches the other one in the face first.

silver_tears
It's whoever has the bigger knife.

mysterio69
a kick in the nuts makes even a 7 ft. tall muthaf*cker look like a midget.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by silver_tears

laughing out loud These day's, yeah

K.Diddy
Originally posted by mysterio69
a kick in the nuts makes even a 7 ft. tall muthaf*cker look like a midget.

Also a good punch in the ''Adams apple'' does wonders as well wink

Morgoths_Wrath

Mišt
Originally posted by silver_tears

Knife....knife....gotta remember that....last time I bring a spoon to a fight disgust

Arker
Did you not learn anything from Yoda? Size matters not. And it's true.

Well, not really. I can overpower most kids smaller than me at my school.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Arker
Did you not learn anything from Yoda? Size matters not. And it's true.

Well, not really. I can overpower most kids smaller than me at my school.

You would get a shock if one of them smaller kids turned around and broke your nose though, wouldn't you? wink

Mišt
Its all about who has the most experience points to spend on their attributes, seriously, +10 base damage combined with +4 fortification damage with a broadsword on against a lvl 13 Mage druid makes all the difference shock

wuTa
nope...i've seen bigger guys get there asskicked by smaller guys, but at the same time i've seen biggers guys beatup smaller guys....it all depends on who you are fighting

Alpha Centauri
For the most part it doesn't matter how big or small you are on the outside, because most people with fighting mentality all have the brain size of a peanut.

-AC

Arker
Originally posted by K.Diddy
You would get a shock if one of them smaller kids turned around and broke your nose though, wouldn't you? wink

Too bad I asked my doctor to give me all the surgeries that Michael Jackson had. evil face

Ronny
not in a fight really... i mean little people move faster... and can hit harder

ever seen Austin powers.. man mini me totally crunched his nuts

Arker
Every single person who was even an inch smaller than me I can slam to the ground easily... But size matters not, I guess... Maybe it's just me.

Tangible God
Nowadays it's about what brutha has the biggest, phatest, "pop a cap in any white boys ass" kinda glock.

Leo.M
Size doesn't matter in fight, just as long as you have bat or a knife with you stick out tongue

StyleTime
Size matters when the skill levels of the combatants are equal. Weight divisions wouldn't exist in fighting circuits such as Pride if this weren't true.

When the skill level differs, size may become a nonfactor. Royce Gracie, a jujitsu legend, weighed about 170 lbs and defeated the sumo Akebono who weighed about 500 lbs. I saw the fight. It was so inspiring seeing that happen. Heck, Royce's whole career was about beating bigger guys.....until Sakuraba beat his ass.
Originally posted by Ronny
not in a fight really... i mean little people move faster... and can hit harder

Not quite.

JToTheP
Form of Martial Arts & Street Fighting>>>All

omaga
Originally posted by G a n n o n
size def matters in a fight. bigger guys win. erm

K.Diddy
Like I said, that's not always true

JacopeX
In a fight smile

I personally dont think it does as I have often found a lot of ''big'' guy's are pussies and are all show......Opinions? Size dosent matter, your right

StyleTime
Size does matter. I thought I already explained this in my first post here.

O Green World
Big guys lose, i have a mate at my school who gets pushed around by someone almost half his size!

But you never know, peepz are different....

JacopeX
Originally posted by StyleTime
Size does matter. I thought I already explained this in my first post here. NO IT DOSENT!!!

Darth Jello
i'm only 5'6.5" and it only makes kicking your face a little more challenging

JacopeX
http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=14983

I REST MY CASE!

xyz revolution

StyleTime
Originally posted by JacopeX
http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=14983

I REST MY CASE!
If you had read my post, you'd know that I said size matters when skill is equal.

The guy who won is Fedor Emelianenko. He is the world's best martial artist at the moment. He has an undefeated record in Pride, the fight circuit that holds the best fighters period.

The guy he was fighting is Zulu Zhino.......a nobody.

The fight was set up as a joke. The only fighters that can even match up with Fedor are Mirko Filipovic and Antonio Nogueira.

JacopeX
oh and yo, im a proof also. im 5'8 and i fought someone who wuz 6'3. I won but people say it wuz luck but it wusnt. the guy didnt hit me once.

StyleTime
I doubt the guy you were fighting had any real skill.

I guess I am proof that it does matter then.

I've beaten several guys who train in Mauy Thai, jujitsu, brazilian jujuitsu, etc simply because I was bigger. I train too, but they would have been my equal if they were larger.

And seriously, watch Bob Sapp. The only reason he even won any fights was because he was huge.

Zebina
In a fight smile

I personally dont think it does as I have often found a lot of ''big'' guy's are pussies and are all show......Opinions?

Let's put it this way.

I'm 5'4" I weigh 109 pounds and I've taken on (and beaten) 200+ pound guys before.

Size doesn't matter.

It's knowledge.

StyleTime
*sigh*

None of you have explained weight divisions yet.

Size only becomes a nonfactor if there is a skill disparity in favor of the smaller guy.

leonheartmm
if they both have the same skill than obviously the bigger guy would win. but the strength/leverage/reach advantage is sumwhat overshadowd by trust and confidence in onesself. the larger guy would mostly have more confidence than the smaller one, specially when the little guy feals threatened by the big one, confidence is a huge thing.

StyleTime
At least you realize it's skill level that changes things. Some of these people are acting like being small gives you the speed of The Flash.

leonheartmm
if your small AND unskilled than no1 can help you other than maybe an insane adrenaline surge when your near death which gives you the strength to lift cars{its happened with small women before}.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Zebina
Let's put it this way.

I'm 5'4" I weigh 109 pounds and I've taken on (and beaten) 200+ pound guys before.

Interesting. We need to spar sometime.

JacopeX
I doubt the guy you were fighting had any real skill.

I guess I am proof that it does matter then.

I've beaten several guys who train in Mauy Thai, jujitsu, brazilian jujuitsu, etc simply because I was bigger. I train too, but they would have been my equal if they were larger.

And seriously, watch Bob Sapp. The only reason he even won any fights was because he was huge. actually it wuz a really good fighter but i have more skill. If youre talkin skill, then go somewhere else wit that, im talkin size

leonheartmm
its odd but ive never seen any1 actually say HEY I LOST TO SUM1 BIGGER OR ANY1 LESS THAN MY OLD WISE UNBELIEVEABLY SKILLED SENSEI. i mean where did the BIG losers of the fight all go? i think people generally show off quite a bit.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by leonheartmm
its odd but ive never seen any1 actually say HEY I LOST TO SUM1 BIGGER OR ANY1 LESS THAN MY OLD WISE UNBELIEVEABLY SKILLED SENSEI. i mean where did the BIG losers of the fight all go? i think people generally show off quite a bit.

I agree.

I also for agree, for the most part, with StyleTime. Size does matter. A difference between 2 inches of hieght or 20-30 pounds is no big deal. But even if you are an excellent fighter, a guy who is 100 pounds heavier than you (unless you are one of the best in the world) is gonna kick your ass until tues.

For all the people who said "big guys are slow", no big fat outta shape guys are slow, but many big guys are just as fast as you are, or faster. The NBA is full of big fast guys as is the NFL.

I kinda see this thread as a bunch of people trying to make themselves feel better about their size or trying to sound tough.

When it comes to a fight, superior size and strength put you at an immediate advantage. Anyone who doesn't think so is an idiot.

JacopeX
I stil lbelive that size dosent matter, only skill matters.

KharmaDog

Then you have never been in a real fight. Bob Sapp has beaten many fighters that have 10 times the skill level he has, his only advantage has been size and strength.

And if size does not matter, then why don't light weight boxers fight heavyweight boxers for the same belts?

soleran30
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Then you have never been in a real fight. Bob Sapp has beaten many fighters that have 10 times the skill level he has, his only advantage has been size and strength.

And if size does not matter, then why don't light weight boxers fight heavyweight boxers for the same belts?

Because rules matter also stick out tongue

Another factor is intent. If the small guy say on teh street has full intentions of crippling you and goes all out and grabs everything to do this and the big guy is just trying to put you down..........................the big guy is gonna get hurt more then likely in an average scenario.

K.Diddy
Then you have never been in a real fight.

I have though,I am recovering from a black eye at the moment, I am not bragging but I have honestly kicked a guy's ass that was at least half a foot taller than me and fairly bigger buitl than me as wellconfused How do you explain that?

a1hsauce
size doesnt matter...all it takes is a good 123 combo yes

StyleTime

When it comes to a fight, superior size and strength put you at an immediate advantage. Anyone who doesn't think so is an idiot.
yes
Originally posted by soleran30

Another factor is intent. If the small guy say on teh street has full intentions of crippling you and goes all out and grabs everything to do this and the big guy is just trying to put you down..........................the big guy is gonna get hurt more then likely in an average scenario.
We weren't referring to weapons.
Once again, size matters when skill is about euqal.

Any of you who don't think size matters. Go to your local kickboxing/grappling/Muay Thai/MMA gym and challenge someone bigger than you.

Makedde
I have though,I am recovering from a black eye at the moment, I am not bragging but I have honestly kicked a guy's ass that was at least half a foot taller than me and fairly bigger buitl than me as wellconfused How do you explain that?

Maybe you were stronger than he was.

Droopy
yes

We weren't referring to weapons.

Once again, size matters when skill is about euqal.

Any of you who don't think size matters. Go to your local kickboxing/grappling/Muay Thai/MMA gym and challenge someone bigger than you.

Size matters but dont count yourself out the fight I have kickboxed and have found big guys easier to beat

StyleTime
I didn't say give up.

Once again, if you are skilled enough then you can make up for size.

Typically, I'd give the fight to the larger guy though.

Council#13
In a fight smile

size has a definate advantage in the way of intimidation, but I am slim of build, but can easily hold my ground in a fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.