Black White

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

a1hsauce
Anybody else watch this show that premiered earlier tonight...its on FX if you have cable.

Its about two families, one African American, the other White Caucasian, and they live together under one house, and they basically change "color" or "identities" for a certain period of time...its aim is to take a deeper look at racism today in society.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060305/SJMAG/603050333/1004/LIVING

sorry dont know how reliable that website is erm

it was actually a pretty good first episode. You all should check it out if you get a chance.

Darth Jello
No, i got sick of Ice Cube's theme song after the 75th time i saw that annoying ****ing commercial.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Darth Jello
No, i got sick of Ice Cube's theme song after the 75th time i saw that annoying ****ing commercial.

Welcome to the " http://orderoftheserpentine.com/ "

jacambece
I was going to watch it,but i went out instead...

Cambece

soleran30
Yes I did watch part of it. Missed the first half but saw where the 2 men actually went into different settings and the store scene and etc etc this will be interesting.

I especially enjoyed the conversation after the 2 guys went out together as black men.

I have a strong suspicion alot of this should not only discuss and look at race but also socio-economic factors.

ladygrim
I heard bout this on the news this morning ....kinda like the one we had here when people became oldies to see who they get respected and stuff...

WrathfulDwarf
Moving to TV forum...

forumcrew
all this show is doing is teaching people to further stereotype people based on race. If people really feel that way, they shouldnt complaign when they are discriminated against regardless of who you are, because apparantly they all feel like they are in fact not equal.

Black Rob
Originally posted by forumcrew
all this show is doing is teaching people to further stereotype people based on race. If people really feel that way, they shouldnt complaign when they are discriminated against regardless of who you are, because apparantly they all feel like they are in fact not equal. i agree,all the black people on the show are overly sensitive to everything and all the whites are clueless idiots,and the fact that the whites have to be "taught" how to act black just tells us what the creators of the show think of blacks.The show breaks down no walls at all,it just enforces the steretypes

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Black Rob
i agree,all the black people on the show are overly sensitive to everything and all the whites are clueless idiots,and the fact that the whites have to be "taught" how to act black just tells us what the creators of the show think of blacks.The show breaks down no walls at all,it just enforces the steretypes
And what exactly do the creators think of AFRICAN AMERICANS?

is it comprehensible.....

Black Rob
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
And what exactly do the creators think of AFRICAN AMERICANS?

is it comprehensible..... What the f**k?

Blue nocturne
This is why I hate TV.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.