Eli Roth to Direct Stephen Kings "CELL"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
That was quick..................and one of the best new directors around, not too sure about that.

www.creature-corner.com/?type=news&id=1244

Yes that's right, Stephen King's new book 'Cell' has already been optioned by Dimension, and they picked up one of the best new directors around to make it- Eli Roth.

He's set to direct, but he also wants to try his hand at writing or co-writing it, but that all depends on how much time he has during the shoot of his next film- Hostel 2.

Roth said King is his favorite writer and accepted right after reading the book.

"I couldn't put it down. It was such a balls-out horror movie with a smart take on the zombie genre," Roth said.

Interesting. He could make the movie really gross and funny though, so I'll hold out hope for it... even if the book doesn't seem to be the greatest in the world.

MildPossession
One of the best new director's around...

Pandemoniac
This could be very good! Even though quite a few movie adaptations of King's stories ended up disappointing, but that was mostly a matter of choosing the wrong tale for a movie or a crew incapable of translating a good story to a movie.
Haven't read Cell yet, but it is supposed to be quite good and I love Roth's way with horror-cinema.
This could be one of those pleasing occasions in which a good Stephen King tale is handed to a worthy director to lead to one kick-ass movie.
I am most curious!

papabeard
Originally posted by MildPossession
One of the best new director's around...

Just to clarify, these were not my words.

MildPossession
I know.

Zilverz
so has anyone read the new book ?

Pandemoniac
Ordered it yesterday, I'll post my opinion when I've finished it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.