Napoleon Dynamite Question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zebina
Ok I just saw this movie yesterday for the first time.

and I was wondering....is this suppose to be set bock in the 70s or 80s. Or is suppose to be current?

soleran30
i was hoping it was set in the 80's it has alot of that going on and middle school esque.

OR it could be like the 90's in a BFE middle of nowhere town in a state like Missouri where towns are still like that just maybe not the clothes, scary I think.

Oh and nothing makes me laugh so hard as the chicken scene and the time machine setup oh and when he drew a picture of that girl...........nm it gave me a good laugh ONLY because I had a friend that looked/acted and wore the same type of clothes as Napolean and I could see my friend in that role.

Cinemaddiction
Current. It's Middle-of-Nowhere-Ohio, where everyone's living in a bubble.

The track used during Pedro's campaign speech, "Canned Heat", was released by Jamiroquai in 1999, just as an aside to validate for the validity that it's present day.

Zebina
Thanks Cinema big grin big grin

WrathfulDwarf
When you hear "Ebay" in the film you pretty much figure it takes place during the present.

Myth
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction

The track used during Pedro's campaign speech, "Canned Heat", was released by Jamiroquai in 1999, just as an aside to validate for the validity that it's present day.

I thought it was Idaho. embarrasment

KENobi™
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction

Umm...wasn't it Utah or Idaho? One of those 2, not Ohio.

Myth
I just looked it up. It was Idaho.

KENobi™
Originally posted by Myth
I just looked it up. It was Idaho.

Knew it. (you're just a little faster on the trigger smile

Zebina
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
When you hear "Ebay" in the film you pretty much figure it takes place during the present.

I didn't hear Ebay embarrasment

Myth
They also talk about cage fighting which didn't get popular until the UFC started in the mid-90s.

KENobi™
Also, the music playing during Pedro's speech towards the end was recorded only a couple years ago.

Tptmanno1
Didn't stop it from being painfully annoying...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.