Hostel, over the top?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deathbycorn
Anyone else think Hostel was a bit over the top in the gore department?

The asian chick who gets her eye cut out is just sick.

stormfanatic04
honestly i thought it could be a lot better and scarier.

BackFire
Yes, it was over the top. That's just his style.

LizzyT123
I thought this movie was sooo disgusting it was great and hillarious. I thought it was an awesome movie. smile

Pandemoniac
That's what you get after years of lame remakes, cheap imitations and hollywood's need to please all ages in every genre; people fail to recognise real good horror and even get offended when it rears it's real face.
It's like movieland turned coke-addicts into mere chain-smokers.

carita
Thats his style wink Exactly why I aint a fan of his movies.

LizzyT123
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
That's what you get after years of lame remakes, cheap imitations and hollywood's need to please all ages in every genre; people fail to recognise real good horror and even get offended when it rears it's real face.
It's like movieland turned coke-addicts into mere chain-smokers.

so.... are you against Hostel or for?

Alpha Centauri
I still haven't seen this yet, because it's not out here.

Worth seeing? Is it overhyped gore, like Saw was? If I pay to see mega-gore, I expect to see it.

-AC

BackFire
It's okay, really.

Nothing spectacular, it does have some nice gore scenes and lots of naked women for the first half.

Cinemaddiction
Not really. Roth is style over substance, IMO.

BackFire
Never said otherwise, simply said it had some decent gore and naked women.

Hostel was still better than most of the horseshit horror films of the last few years. At least its heard was in the right place.

tabby999
i'm not all that interested in the torture aspect of horror, thats why i couldn't finish reading american psycho, i dont know if i want to watch Hostel or not

LizzyT123
Originally posted by BackFire
Never said otherwise, simply said it had some decent gore and naked women.

Hostel was still better than most of the horseshit horror films of the last few years. At least its heard was in the right place.

yeah, I totally agree. Its deffinetly better than crap like Boogeyman, or White Noise, and all those crappy new-er movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.