Jesus' brothers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Revernd Maynard
Who were they

did he have any

what were their names

what was jesus' relation ship with them

(p.s. this is for a book i'm writing)

debbiejo
Well there was James. There are also writing about him that are more gnostic in nature, and it is said that Jesus wanted James to be in charge after Jesus left, not Paul who came later. In fact at one time Paul tried to kill James.

Revernd Maynard
Originally posted by debbiejo
Well there was James. There are also writing about him that are more gnostic in nature, and it is said that Jesus wanted James to be in charge after Jesus left, not Paul who came later. In fact at one time Paul tried to kill James. Really? That is very interesting

thank you big grin

Revernd Maynard
another question, how is mary a virgin if she had james? or didn't she have james?

debbiejo
I think James was a younger brother.

Revernd Maynard
I think James was a younger brother. so james came after jesus?

because i need all of this to be factual

i'm writing a book that needs some facts about this, and i only know the basics

debbiejo
According to the bible, James, who wrote the book of James found in the New Testament, was the brother of Jesus Christ.
Mark 6:2-3 says: "And when the Sabbath had come, He began to teach in the synagogue. And many hearing Him were astonished, saying, "Where did this Man get these things? And what wisdom is this which is given to Him, that such mighty works are performed by His hands! "Is this not the carpenter, the Son of Mary, and brother of James, Joses, Judas, and Simon? And are not His sisters here with us?"
Evidently, after the virgin birth of Jesus, Joseph and Mary had sons and daughters of their own:

The historian Josephus also mentions James. Although the Bible doesn't mention it, Josephus states that James was martyred by the Sanhedrin.

Revernd Maynard
According to the bible, James, who wrote the book of James found in the New Testament, was the brother of Jesus Christ.
Mark 6:2-3 says: "And when the Sabbath had come, He began to teach in the synagogue. And many hearing Him were astonished, saying, "Where did this Man get these things? And what wisdom is this which is given to Him, that such mighty works are performed by His hands! "Is this not the carpenter, the Son of Mary, and brother of James, Joses, Judas, and Simon? And are not His sisters here with us?"
Evidently, after the virgin birth of Jesus, Joseph and Mary had sons and daughters of their own:

The historian Josephus also mentions James. Although the Bible doesn't mention it, Josephus states that James was martyred by the Sanhedrin. okay.

thanks a lot big grin

Eis

The historian Josephus also mentions James. Although the Bible doesn't mention it, Josephus states that James was martyred by the Sanhedrin.
It's not a fact though. Most of the world still believes Jesus was an only child.

debbiejo
Well, I would trust Josephus more than the Bible though..

Eis
Well, I would trust Josephus more than the Bible though..
I would trust Whob more than the bible. stick out tongue

debbiejo
Well there's that ossuary they found too.......Which says James son of Joseph brother of Jesus....Though it could be argued that these were common names and just a coincidence.

Gregory
I think that was a fake.

Anyway of course Jesus had brothers, if you believe the Bible. The Catholic Church denies this because the Pope is a whiny little ***** who probably hasn't even read the damned thing.

Jesus, that pisses me off. Basing your entire life off of millenia-old legends is bad enough, but these people can't even do that properly.

tlbauerle
Originally posted by Eis
It's not a fact though. Most of the world still believes Jesus was an only child.

I'm not so sure about that. Its been taught in LDS Institute or Religion classes.

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by Revernd Maynard
Who were they

did he have any

what were their names

what was jesus' relation ship with them

(p.s. this is for a book i'm writing)

It'd be a better idea to use a reliable source and not KMC forums.

And Jesus had a brother named Craig. He partied all the time. His nickname was The Craig Machine.

Stephen Lynch documents The Craig Machine's expliots on his album, conviently titled "The Craig Machine".

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by tlbauerle
I'm not so sure about that. Its been taught in LDS Institute or Religion classes.

I went to Catholic High school, and I was taught James was the brother of Jesus relationship wise, not by blood.

Gregory
See? See? That's exactly what I'm talking about.

Anyway, truth is not a democracy. Every modern Christian in the world can say that Jesus didn't have brothers, but the only contemporary sources that comment on the matter will still say that he did. Sisters too.

finti
nah I prefer the Doobie Brothers

Storm
According to Mark 6:3 Jesus had a number of sisters and four brothers: James, Simon, Judas and Joses.

leonheartmm
who was {or were} tha father/s of these brothers n sisters. surely it wasnt god, DID MARY CHEAT ON GOD THEN?! orrrrrrrr did they just get a divorce........

Gregory
... what the hell are you talking about?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by leonheartmm
who was {or were} tha father/s of these brothers n sisters. surely it wasnt god, DID MARY CHEAT ON GOD THEN?! orrrrrrrr did they just get a divorce........

laughing laughing out loud

Who would have the authority to grant a divorce from god? laughing

leonheartmm
open marriage then..................{hmmmmmmmm maybe they just ran out of contraceptives}

debbiejo
Originally posted by leonheartmm

It was Joseph...Mary didn't stay a virgin, she had other children. She was only a virgin when Jesus was conceived supposedly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.