Name Any One Religion and Give a Brief Info with it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vinny Valentine
Well, Go Ahead and Only Name one at a time.
Then Give like a paragraph about it.

debbiejo
No

Shakyamunison

debbiejo
There's just toooooooo many.

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by debbiejo
There's just toooooooo many.

Get Naming.

soleran30
Tao Te Ching

I cannot speak of it because the Tao that can be spoken is not the eternal Tao, now go read itsmile

Punker69
Oneness Pentecostal.

We believe in one God and believe that everyone who accepts Jesus into their hear repents, gets baptized, and receives the Holy Ghost (as taught in Acts 2:38) will be accepted into Christ's kingdom and will one day dwell with him. Everyone is a sinner. Its our human nature. But those sins can only be washed away when you follow the above steps.

Neix
Couldn't they also be washed away by apologizing and growing a spine and not make those mistakes again, and even encouraging others not to do it too? I think that'd be more productive and self-fulfilling if you didn't have to rely on God's mercy.

Punker69
"Growing a spine and not make those mistakes again"? You give the human race too much credit.

Makedde
There are too many religions to name, really.

leonheartmm
NAME:all relegions based on dogmas myths/legends/fables{organized}
description: ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT

NAME: all relegions based on morals, abstracts, individuals and FINDING{not stating} enlightenment
description: probably the last hope pf mankind as a whole to LIVE.

eggmayo
NAME:all relegions based on deities/manmade gods

NAME: all relegions based on morals, abstracts, individuals and FINDING{not stating} enlightenment

Mindship
Judaism

"Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is One."
The Shema

"That which you find hateful to yourself, do not do unto others. That is All of the Law. The rest is merely commentary."
Rabbi Hillel

debbiejo
OK Baptists............You must be baptised or you won't go to heaven...Strick rule.

Storm
Wicca

Wicca is a religion of respect, and a way of life that focuses on the balance between nature and man, as well as, the physical and spiritual world. It is a universal based religion, believing in the seen and unseen forces in all nature here on earth and in the greater universe. It is a religion of honor and respect for all living things.
In order to achieve balance, one must first learn respect for all things.

maham
Islam:
5 pillars;Kalma (to testify that Allah or God is 1 n Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) is His last prophet),Namaz or Salah(prayer),Roza(fastin),Zakat ( givin charity 2 the poor),Hajj (pilgrimage to Mecca)

Vinny Valentine
cool

soleran30
Originally posted by Storm
Wicca

Wicca is a religion of respect, and a way of life that focuses on the balance between nature and man, as well as, the physical and spiritual world. It is a universal based religion, believing in the seen and unseen forces in all nature here on earth and in the greater universe. It is a religion of honor and respect for all living things.
In order to achieve balance, one must first learn respect for all things.

Thats a good one, Storm help me here didn't Druidism help to influence some aspects of Wicca..........................also Wicca sounds like there is hints of Buddha/Taoism.

Lana
Shinto

An ancient Japanese religion derived from the Chinese words Shin Tao (the way of the gods). It has no real founder, scripture, and a very loosely-organized priesthood. It has four affirmations: tradition and the family, love of nature, cleanliness, and matsuri (worship and honor given the kami, or gods, and ancestral spirits). It is a very tolerant religion and accepts and respects the validity of other religions; many believers also pay respects to other religions.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/shinto.htm

(I have a rather large interest in Eastern religions)

Eis
Originally posted by Lana
Shinto

An ancient Japanese religion derived from the Chinese words Shin Tao (the way of the gods). It has no real founder, scripture, and a very loosely-organized priesthood. It has four affirmations: tradition and the family, love of nature, cleanliness, and matsuri (worship and honor given the kami, or gods, and ancestral spirits). It is a very tolerant religion and accepts and respects the validity of other religions; many believers also pay respects to other religions.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/shinto.htm

(I have a rather large interest in Eastern religions)
I had never heard of that religion... But it definitely looks interesting.
But it remembers me of Tsing Tao. (It's a very famous beer in China)

Darth Jello
Nihilism-

Reality is a state of mind that you create and only you matter cause nothing is real.
morality, society, faith and authority are evil constructs and should be torn down by any means necesary.
Chaos and the state of nature are the natural way of things.

leonheartmm
well survival of the fittest and rapin women is also the natural state of thing, doesnt make it right{just thought i should add although it out of place here}

_Sanctuary_
They are only giving you a brief explanation, you can't judge a religion on about 3 lines.

leonheartmm
and i didnt.

_Sanctuary_
Were you questioning their summary? erm

Bardock42
Originally posted by leonheartmm
well survival of the fittest and rapin women is also the natural state of thing, doesnt make it right{just thought i should add although it out of place here}

It does too.

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by leonheartmm
NAME:all relegions based on dogmas myths/legends/fables{organized}

I wouldn't say there bullshit IMO there worth the time and effort to research.

Storm
Originally posted by soleran30
Thats a good one, Storm help me here didn't Druidism help to influence some aspects of Wicca..........................also Wicca sounds like there is hints of Buddha/Taoism.
There are many similarities between Wicca and Druidry among which the importance of developing close links with nature. By and large, neo-pagan religions/faiths share a number of characteristics in common.
Wicca' s spiritual content does contain Buddhist and Hindu influences.

Darth Jello
Nihilism isn't really a religion, it's a philosophy and political ideology.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.