If You Could Change any Rule in KMC, which would you change and Why?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vinny Valentine
I would change the All PG-13 Rating on threads shifty

Revernd Maynard
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
I would change the All PG-13 Rating on threads shifty i would put a "No More threads by Vinny Valentine" ban on KMC no expression

Mr. Bacon
me too yes

Mr. Bacon
i say boot all 05 and 06 ers and have an 04 and b4 reunion

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Revernd Maynard
i would put a "No More threads by Vinny Valentine" ban on KMC no expression

Very Funny, But from some of the shit on this forum mine is not as bad. By the way this is a legit thread with a purpose so Shut up. By the way its CHANGE A RULE.

Itzak
Originally posted by Mr. Bacon

Hey, we're not that bad are we? disgust

Revernd Maynard
Very Funny, But from some of the shit on this forum mine is not as bad. By the way this is a legit thread with a purpose so Shut up. By the way its CHANGE A RULE. I know no expression

the rule states "anyone can make a thread" (obvoiously...non stated Rule dipshit)

and i changed it

dave123
The one that says a member can't be banned for being retarded

Mr. Bacon
Originally posted by Itzak
Hey, we're not that bad are we? disgust

depends on the person

~Mitsurugi~
**** the rules, and party hard rock

Vinny Valentine
You all are a bunch of pricks laughing out loud

Spartan005
Well.... Well you're a loser

I win no expression

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Spartan005
Well.... Well you're a loser

I win no expression

Juat because I am not the quaterback of the hockey team doesn't mean I'm a loser.....

10d6 lightning bolt! NO SAVING THROW!

taft

I'm an 04'er eek!

NineCoronas
The one that says intelligence isn't a prequisite for membership.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by dave123
The one that says a member can't be banned for being retarded

lol

Lana
I would add one that would require people to pass a quiz on the rules before being allowed to join.

And yes, I have seriously suggested this before, too.

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by NineCoronas
The one that says intelligence isn't a prequisite for membership.

I wouldn't be here if that was one stick out tongue

BackFire
All good looking female members have to fly to california and have sex with me before they are allowed to post.

What about the ugly ones, you ask? Simple: They don't get to be members.

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Lana
I would add one that would require people to pass a quiz on the rules before being allowed to join.

No One would join.

Originally posted by BackFire
All good looking female members have to fly to california and have sex with me before they are allowed to post.

laughing out loud laughing out loud

KENobi™

Make it 03 and before, and I'll be happy. shifty

Mr. Bacon

Lana
No One would join.

Only non-idiots would, and no one could use the excuse "I didn't know that was against the rules!"

Vinny Valentine
Only non-idiots would, and no one could use the excuse "I didn't know that was against the rules!"

Thats true, but seriously. Alot of members wouldn't have joined.

BackFire
People can do well on a quiz and still be stupid.

Example: A good number of honor students are stupid, and think that scholastic achievements = Intellect.

Another example is IQ tests. A lot of people do well on IQ tests, and than when you talk to them it's like talking to a ****ing brick.

Itzak

Good thing I joined when I did then. no expression

Lana
Thats true, but seriously. Alot of members wouldn't have joined.

Personally, I think that'd be a good thing.

People can do well on a quiz and still be stupid.

Example: A good number of honor students are stupid, and think that scholastic achievements = Intellect.

Another example is IQ tests. A lot of people do well on IQ tests, and than when you talk to them it's like talking to a ****ing brick.

Good point, but my idea still stands stick out tongue

lil bitchiness

I agree. Academia =/= intellect.

BackFire
Plus people would cheat on the test. Someone would pass it and then post the answers on some other website.

Vinny Valentine
Personally, I think that'd be a good thing.

Good point, but my idea still stands stick out tongue

True but think about it, alot of Good members wouldn't join either. Why would someone join a forum to take a test when they can go somewhere else with no test?

Inspectah Deck
I would change all the rules. And turn myself to the Administer

Lana
Plus people would cheat on the test. Someone would pass it and then post the answers on some other website.

You know very well the chances of that are non-existant roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

I'm just sick of people acting like morons and then trying to excuse it by saying they don't know the rules. If you join a site, you should at least bother to read the rules.

BackFire
Well passing a test wouldn't magically make everyone read the rules.

KENobi™
Well passing a test wouldn't magically make everyone read the rules.

Still, give warnings to people if they break a rule then say "Sorry, I didn't know it was against the rules."

They are obligated to read them so it should not be an excuse.

BackFire
We give warnings to those people anyways.

Saying they didn't know the rules is hardly an acceptable excuse as it is.

lil bitchiness
We give warnings to those people anyways.

Saying they didn't know the rules is hardly an acceptable excuse as it is.

I have to agree...again.

People should be sensible enough to know that posting rude, sexually explicit things, bashing other members, advertising and being generally a moron would be inapropriate and against the rules.

Mr. Bacon
mmm, its all too apparent nowadays too

KENobi™
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
...advertising...

Then why are the MySpace threads allowed where everyone posts links to their MySpace's?

Are they not websites that said members have a personal interest in?

Vinny Valentine

lil bitchiness

KENobi™
They are not selling anything and they are not forums, thus they are not spam.

Even if its decided it is a spam, it would be something which is not that obvious - a polite notice would be given and the member would know for the future.

"Do not place ANY advertisements on the forums. This will be considered SPAM and could result in the loss of your KMC Community Membership. We generally class SPAM as a website with which the person has a personal interest in, or is not a relevant topic of discussion. You can, however, place links in your signature (excluding forums) as long as it is placed sensibly."

Doesn't say they have to sell things in order to be classified as SPAM. Sure, they can be posted in signatures since they are not forums.

And don't try to turn it around saying that since they have threads that they are of relevant discussion because the threads were created for the soul purpose of the creator to post a link to his site.

lil bitchiness

KENobi™
Observant. And...?

Well your definition of SPAM is grossly incorrect. So how are they not SPAM?

BackFire

Lana
Well what about flash movies and such, doesn't that go under personal intrest aswell?

Only if the person made the flash movie, like, 100% from scratch.

They are not selling anything and they are not forums, thus they are not spam.

Even if its decided it is a spam, it would be something which is not that obvious - a polite notice would be given and the member would know for the future.

In the rules, spam is defined as any site that a person would have a personal interest in. Selling something isn't required in order to have a personal interest. Me making a thread saying "go look at my DA page!" would be spam, even though I wouldn't necessarily be trying to sell things.

KENobi™
...it's just another way to interact with people you've gotten to know on this site.

Which is no different than regular members (not new members spamming for the sake of getting members) posting a link to their forum in order to keep in contact with KMC members while not on KMC or having left our community for one reason or another. Last time I checked, it's still against the rules.

Ronny
Originally posted by dave123
The one that says a member can't be banned for being retarded hahaha not only has to be 13 but must have the mentality of a college student. yeaboy

hmmm. I'd throw Raz from is Razzle THrone and take over, sith style and make you all pay cold hard cash for your posts! then buy a yacht and move to the carribian. Maybe buy myself a nice little slave pirate. Whipssh

BackFire

KENobi™
Not true, there is a greater interest in running forums than sharing your myspace information. Forums can bring in revenue, Myspace can't.

Plus advertising forums is specifically adressed in the rules as being against them, while myspace is more like a messenger service that allows you to keep in touch with friends, which is allowed to be shared here as long as it's in the right thread.

However, you were right about having numerous threads on myspace equating to spam. Thus, I combined all the threads I could find about myspace accounts into one. Perhaps I should sticky it to the top of the forum to make it easier to access and to make sure it won't drop off the first page.

The OTF doesn't need stickies. firefirefireph stick out tongue

Now what about the MySpaces that also have links to a members own forum? I'm not sure if there are any because I never click on the MySpace links posted on KMC.

BackFire
Well, that's a little out of our control.

Vinny Valentine
Well, that's a little out of our control.

It Is?

BackFire
Yes, we don't have control over what someone posts on another website. It would also depend on if their purpose of posting a link was to get people to go to their forum.

Vinny Valentine
Yes, we don't have control over what someone posts on another website.

Oh, I gotcha now.

Thats True stick out tongue

TX!
Originally posted by taft
I'm an 04'er eek!

so am i, i just made another account and never used the other one which is why it says 05' but ya cause i was to dumb to remeber ma password then one day i remebered so yea.. big grin

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by TX!
so am i, i just made another account and never used the other one which is why it says 05' but ya cause i was to dumb to remeber ma password then one day i remebered so yea.. big grin

I don't think thats true no expression

Alpha Centauri
I think the rules that exist aren't enforced enough, or correctly, as it is. Let alone changing them.

If you look at KMC's rules and codes of conduct, then browse almost any forum, there's rules being broken all over the place. Either the rules are too strict or the mods are too lenient and careless, or both.

One of the rules is no bashing members, mods themselves do this. You can't have a discussion forum without people calling each other idiots and morons.

One thing I would remove is the censorship of swear words.

"Sorry, you're not allowed to read words such as f*ck but you can read a graphic thread on rape and murder."

-AC

LiL nAstY GirL
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I think the rules that exist aren't enforced enough, or correctly, as it is. Let alone changing them.

If you look at KMC's rules and codes of conduct, then browse almost any forum, there's rules being broken all over the place. Either the rules are too strict or the mods are too lenient and careless, or both.

One of the rules is no bashing members, mods themselves do this. You can't have a discussion forum without people calling each other idiots and morons.

One thing I would remove is the censorship of swear words.

"Sorry, you're not allowed to read words such as f*ck but you can read a graphic thread on rape and murder."

-AC

See I think the bashing thing is rediculous. If you get into an argument with someone and you're trying to get across the point you dont like them, thats not bashing. I think bashing should be considered as a group teaming up on one person. Not just two people fighting

JacopeX
I would change the no bashing rule

Mišt
I would change all the forum names to various parts of the human anatomyshifty

JacopeX
Starting wit the brain smile

Mišt
Then the kidney stonepirate

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Revernd Maynard
i would put a "No More threads by Vinny Valentine" ban on KMC no expression

hysterical

notworthy notworthy notworthy

K.Diddy

clapping hysterical

Your the only mod that cracks me the **** up man

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by K.Diddy
hysterical

notworthy notworthy notworthy

Haven't you Died yet?

Makedde
If I could change one rule here...I'll have to think about that, don't know if I would change anything...

K.Diddy
Haven't you Died yet?

confused Obviously not

Makedde
He's staying alive to piss you off, Vinny. smile

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Makedde
He's staying alive to piss you off, Vinny. smile

laughing

Makedde
As am I. laughing out loud

bartdude
i would change everything

BigVillain6
I'd allow bigger avatars. I can't find any of my favorite ones smaller than 64 x 64.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Makedde
As am I. laughing out loud

rock You give us a reason to live Vinny boy

laughing laughing laughing

Vinny Valentine
rock You give us a reason to live Vinny boy

laughing laughing laughing

Who is she? What the f**k?

K.Diddy
Who is she? What the f**k?

That's Makedde and she is another K.Diddy fan smile

Vinny Valentine
That's Makedde and she is another K.Diddy fan smile

You have Fans?

Do they all look like the guy in your sig?

K.Diddy
You have Fans?

Do they all look like the guy in your sig?

He would kick your ass anyday smile

NineCoronas
He would kick your ass anyday smile Wow, that was a Grade A insult there. You get a gold star.

Shelbert Lemon
cant think of a rule Id change or add.

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by NineCoronas
Wow, that was a Grade A insult there. You get a gold star.

laughing

Council#13
I would change the no player bashing rule (for obvious reasons). go ahead Vinny Valentine, K.Diddy, and Kmcdude. mwahaha

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Council#13
I would change the no player bashing rule (for obvious reasons). go ahead Vinny Valentine, K.Diddy, and Kmcdude. mwahaha

laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.