Who's got the coolest duds?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
I think one thing that makes a hero (or villain) so popular with readers, is his or her costume or uniform...they're are many great costumes out there, but who's got the greatest costume? Now when I mean great, I mean consider all the factors : the look, the originality, the design, the "recognizable" factor, and how well the costume sums up or represents the character!!!

Here are a few of the ones I thought should get honorable mention....

1. The Flash
2. Thor
3. Spider-man
4. Daredevil
5. Spider-man (black costume)
6. Captain America
7. Wolverine
8. Batman
9. Catwoman
10. Hawkeye
11. Green Lantern
12. The Punisher
13. Captain Britain
14. Green Arrow
15. Doctor Strange
16. Superman
17. Moon Knight
18. Spawn

Now, remember...this is not a battle of strength, powers, smarts, fighting skills, or anything like that; only what they are wearing or have worn in the past...Who takes the top three slots for the above mention themes?

Black Adam
1.Spider-man(classic red and blues)
2.The Flash
3.Daredevil

TheKahn
I think Classic Spiderman, Batman, and Superman would be at the top, but personally I've always liked Spidey's black costume

ExtraMision5555
Venoms "outfit" is trill
I also think cables glowing eye is pertty unique
Dr Stranges cape is raw

but i think the best looking char has to go to

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/34/Mshvsf-shuma.jpg

outarddwarf
juggernaut, no one else has the guts to look like a giant red ramrod. I especially like the B-E-A-Utiful crimson arm bands he sports.

Sixth_Winged
Moon Knight (drawn properly)
Spider-man (original)
The Flash (that yellow and white one, not the red and yellow one)
Superman (w/ black instead of yellow in his shield)
Batman (all black)

Horrificus
I think the Eradicator is oneof the coolest looking characters.

JOE NUNEZ
BLACK ADAM

TheKahn
I forgot Black Bolt and Namor's black costume

The Ion
Conner Kent Superman (Titans of Tomorrow outfit)
Green Lantern (all of them have solid duds)
The Flash
Dr. Fate
Phoenix
Nightwing
Batman
Moon Knight
Daredevil

I'm also really partial to M'Onel's costume with the star field effect.

vpokdekjyafmidp
nightwing, moon knight, galactus, spawn (fave)

Mindship
Classic Spider-Man is, well, classic.
The black one is good too. The only reason I am ranking the classic one first is cuz it shows more originality and creativity, and the black one shoulda had some webbing design on it somewhere.
I like Black Bolt's costume.
(I automatically rule out anyone wearing their 'roos on the outside.)
For someone with a cape, Parallax aint bad.
Godfall Superman: excellent.

Best comic-to-movie costume transformation: Daredevil. It actually looks serious, not silly.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
I think one thing that makes a hero (or villain) so popular with readers, is his or her costume or uniform...they're are many great costumes out there, but who's got the greatest costume? Now when I mean great, I mean consider all the factors : the look, the originality, the design, the "recognizable" factor, and how well the costume sums up or represents the character!!!

Here are a few of the ones I thought should get honorable mention....

1. The Flash
2. Thor
3. Spider-man
4. Daredevil
5. Spider-man (black costume)
6. Captain America
7. Wolverine
8. Batman
9. Catwoman
10. Hawkeye
11. Green Lantern
12. The Punisher
13. Captain Britain
14. Green Arrow
15. Doctor Strange
16. Superman
17. Moon Knight
18. Spawn

Now, remember...this is not a battle of strength, powers, smarts, fighting skills, or anything like that; only what they are wearing or have worn in the past...Who takes the top three slots for the above mention themes?

For me I have to say the following rank high:

- Spawn's costume can be a work of art by itself when well drawn.
- Batman's costume in Hush was amazing .....it can actually work in real life without looking corny.
- Spiderman's costume (the more recent drawings ....say from 10 yrs ago to present)
- Scarlet Spiderman's costume .....if Spiderman was real he'd probably wear something along this lines (whether Spidey was Ben or Peter).
- Superman (with the black shading in the shield instead of yellow)
- BlackPanther's garb is always drawn well, but when the artist decides to really DRAW that thing can look amazing.
- Magneto in Age-of-Apocalypse (the whole Sparta helmet thing with white hair billowing behind)
- The Flash

- And my number one favorite 'costume' has to be the one worn by Spartan in the WildCATS spinoff .....WildCATS Version 3.0 (whereby he is the head of a multi-national conglomerate, and he always wears a suit .....a white suit that is radiant. Has to be seen to be believed).

Horrificus
I really like Black Bolt, but his costume looked like they took one of Liberace's concert costumes, and painted it black. Crown, cape and everything.

So sad.

vpokdekjyafmidp
Originally posted by spetznaz
Spawn's costume can be a work of art by itself when well drawn.

my cousin's friend draws spawn for the actual comics. idk his name or anything though. i just remember my cousin telling me about him

Mindship
Originally posted by Horrificus
I really like Black Bolt, but his costume looked like they took one of Liberace's concert costumes, and painted it black. Crown, cape and everything.

So sad.

crown?? cape?? eer
god, tell me they didnt put outside-underpants on him

Classic BB, especially the way Kirby drew him.

Horrificus
Well, Liberace would have worn a big shinytuning fork if he had one. And BB did have that little cape like thing that goes between his arms and torso. Like that horrible old japanese monster movie, "Starman".

Blair Wind
Black Adam,
Namor with the Black outfit,
Ironman drawn by Turner,
Venom Spidy,
Ultimate Thor,
Batman Beyond,
the Green Lanterns (mostly Kyles),
Nightwing (Probably my favorite),
Black Panther,
Mon el with the star effect
Batman 1 Million
Moon Knight drawn by whoevers drawing his upcoming series
I like Guardians suit when its drawn properly
..........thats all for now......

now for girls

Wonder Woman
Fathom
Power Girl
Super Girl
Artemis
White Pheonix
Rouge
Emma Frost
Storm
Crystal
Wonder Girl
Batgirls suit (looks a lot scarier than Bats with the stitches)
starfire
Black Canary
thats all for now...

TheKahn
How could we have forgotten Power Girl? droolio

Marcus4600
Bats in Batman Begins, Venom, Toxin, Iron Man!, and Thor.

ExtraMision5555
Oh yeah,l how could i forget iron man and spawn
2 hardanuses

also silver surver becuase hes a naked
well sculpted being of perfection

glistening, and often blinding if positioned correctly

Comicbook_kid
Silver Surfer?!? O.K., he's naked...and Ironman doesn't wear a costume, he wears a high-tech suit of advanced steel-mesh armor!!
O.k., now people are just picking anything that comes to their head...some costumes that have no originality, cool designs, or any representation of who the character is or what they stand for...C'mon people, let's put a little more thought into this...

For instance, my personal top three picks that cover all of the bases as I originally stated would have to be :

1. Flash - the lighting bolt across the chest and the cool "hermes" like wings on the side of his head (like the greek god of speed), demonstrate that this guy is ALL about speed! And the constrating yellow and red design really shows off great.

2. Captain America - what a great costume! What better costume to summerize a character. You wouldn't even have to know what Captain America looked like, but who'd know it was him because of this costume. A true symbol of justice, liberty, bravery, and freedom...worn by the man that imbodies everything this costume stands for.

3. Spider-man - The coolest costume ever probably. So simple, yet so cool and unique. The awesome web design was waaaay ahead of it's time when created, and truly sums up his whole "spider" like appearance and powers. It's colorful so kids like it, yet kind of creepy to to give off that creepy spider-like feel...a true "spider"-man...
Now, I know that everybody and their brother can pick just any costume because there are like a gabillion-jillion different costumes out there, but I'm talking about the top three costumes that are the greatest because they are unique, different, original, iconic, and truly represent the character or what they stand for. A costume that Joe Blow down the street and his grandmother would recognize and say "Damn, that's $#%# cool!!!!!!"

Blair Wind
I actually like every person I put up there. Iron Mans suit is still a
"costume" and it looks ****in tight....

jgiant
Punisher...common its so simple yet it is so awesome, many different versions but as long as they have a huge white skull it works...moon knight drawn in his upcoming series looks cool...spawn is crazy with that red cape and those chains...cap is also cool, american pride badass style...

Droopy
venom, Wolverine, spiderman, deadpool, DareDevil, Captain America, Doctor Doom

Blair Wind
Just to show how badass Ironman looks

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/5006/mcw002adc6mr.jpg

I mean hes the Armoured Avenger, the Shining Knight of Tomorrow. Thats what he represents, a knight with tech, there to save the damsel in distress (or anyone else.... but mostly the damsel smile )

TheKahn
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Just to show how badass Ironman looks

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/5006/mcw002adc6mr.jpg

I mean hes the Armoured Avenger, the Shining Knight of Tomorrow. Thats what he represents, a knight with tech, there to save the damsel in distress (or anyone else.... but mostly the damsel smile )

Damn I like that armor eek!

The Ion
If there is one thing I like about Iron Man's look is that each artist has a different take on it. The right there could pass for a brand new armor. Kind of reminds of the way different artists would handle Kyle's crab mask.

coosie
Emma Frost, Namor...sexy.

Disappear
it's not really much of a costume anymore, but the way madrox took the menorah-esque pattern from his old restrictive suit and made it something of a symbol, plastered on a handful of green t-shirts, in the madrox LS and the new X-Factor series.

wonder woman is really tops of the female list. doesn't really get much better.

i'm also partial to t'challa's suit, and, coincidentally, the whole look of klaw.

Wally West
Nightwing's current costume is one of the coolest I think, which makes up for his previous two blink

thesilverspider
1.Spider-man(Classic)
2.Photon(genis-vell)also his kree uniform
3.Quasar
4.Green lantern Alan scott
5.venom
6.Phantom Stranger(even if it's not a costume)
7The king pin(the biggest pimp out there even if it's just regular clothes)
8.Spectre

wuTa
Originally posted by Wally West
Nightwing's current costume is one of the coolest I think, which makes up for his previous two blink

i agree, the blue and black one is kickass, but the red and black one was even cooler, the one he wore when he was hangin out with deathstroke.....i don't think anyone has said Huntress, could be wrong, but if not she should be up there

Mindship
Originally posted by TheKahn
How could we have forgotten Power Girl? droolio

I didn't. I, um, was just uh, trying to be politically correct. Yeah, that's the ticket. "Politically Erec--Correct."

CaptainStoic
Men:
1) Majestic
2) Grendle Prime
3) Batman
4) Death Stroke Terminator
5) Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)
6) Wolverine
7) Colossus (AOA costume with the bandana)
8) Captain Britain
9) Thanos
10) Flash

Women:
1) Ms. Marvel
2) Black Cat
3) Zealot (Wildcats)
4) Domino
5) Psylocke
6) Storm (current 2006)
7) Captain Britain
8) Huntress
9) Raven (Titans)
10) Maxima

King KAM
I actually like wolverine's costumes both of em, i also like Cap's costume, and ofcourse you gotta love wally wests costume

The Fake Macoy
Spider-Man (classic and black)
Superman
Batman
Moon Knight
Genis-vell (especially his Kree costume)
Rorschach and Question

Those are some of my favourites.

roughrider
1 - Moon Knight. Everyone else is second to him.

For a full top 5, I will add Captain Marvel (DC), Flash ( Wally West, Barry Allen), Spider Man (Classic) and Daredevil ( all red).

Comicbook_kid
I personally would have to go with Marvin's great costume for the old Super Friends cartoon...that cool green cape is just breath-taking!!! love

Etrigan
Lockdown's costume is damn cool.

Or Moon Knight, when he's drawn well.

Solidus Snake
grendel

rorschach

holocaust

apocalypse

crossbones

union (from image)

Comicbook_kid
Am I the only one that thinks Spidey's new costume S-U-C-K-S ?? Give me his classic, or his black/white costume ANYDAY...........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.