Did Batman and Robin actually save comic book movies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

systemshock2
What I mean is, because of Batman and Robin and the horrible effect it had on the bankability and quality of comic book movies, it took nearly a half decade before another attempt was made at them. Studios now found that if they put some serious effort into the writing, directing, and acting of these movies, then they'd be successful, specifically with X-Men starting this golden era of comic book movies. IMO, as an ironic twist of fate, if it weren't for Batman and Robin, we might still be having poor comic book movies made.

Doc Ock
Not really.

The X-Men movies were made about 2-3 years after,and Blade 1 was made a year after Batman and Robin.

So no they had no effect on comic book movies really.Just because Warner Bros let Schumacher go nuts with the characters,doesn't mean every movie company is that stupid wink

Gregory
Could very well be. Batman Forever was popular. Comic fans can scream all they want about how bad it was, but a lot of people liked it. If Hollywood had stuck to the campiness of Batman Forever, instead of turning it up high enough to kill a man at ten paces in Batman and Robin, we'd still probably be getting movies like Batman Forever. After all, why try to improve something that's making money? That's the Hollywood attitude for you.

Femi32
That movie was god-awful.

NoFate007
Its inevitable that there would be a terrible piece of garbage. Hey look at the run we had. X1, X2, Spider-Man 1 and 2....we knew a Catwoman had to come along lol.

Knightfall93
Catwoman... that's one movie I swore to never buy... I've got an old video someone once gave me of B&R, is there any good ways of destroying it, peops?

NoFate007
Firecrackers, go to a zoo and feed it to some wild animal...

systemshock2
Originally posted by Gregory
Could very well be. Batman Forever was popular. Comic fans can scream all they want about how bad it was, but a lot of people liked it. If Hollywood had stuck to the campiness of Batman Forever, instead of turning it up high enough to kill a man at ten paces in Batman and Robin, we'd still probably be getting movies like Batman Forever. After all, why try to improve something that's making money? That's the Hollywood attitude for you.

How very true. Can you imagine what it could be like if Batman and Robin was a huge success, and then you had Christopher Nolan approach Warner Brothers to make the next Batman movie, and tell them he would make it serious, with an emphasis on the story and the acting. Could you blame Warner Brothers for probably laughing at his suggestion, when they see that a corny summer popcorn type superhero movie works for the audiences.

smiley8
Batman forever was a GOOD film, not a great film but nevertheless. B&R was just a step too far and so you cant really get much worse so the only way really is up! Then the era of great comic book movies began so B&R, i suppose was the start of great things, itself wasn't great it was the START of great films.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by NoFate007
Its inevitable that there would be a terrible piece of garbage. Hey look at the run we had. X1, X2, Spider-Man 1 and 2....we knew a Catwoman had to come along lol.

except spider-man and spider-man 2 are right up there with catwoman also as terrible pieces of garbage.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by smiley8
Batman forever was a GOOD film, not a great film but nevertheless. B&R was just a step too far and so you cant really get much worse so the only way really is up! Then the era of great comic book movies began so B&R, i suppose was the start of great things, itself wasn't great it was the START of great films.

good point.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Mr Parker
except spider-man and spider-man 2 are right up there with catwoman also as terrible pieces of garbage.

You are really good at thinking your opinions are everyone elses.

Darth Macabre
Firecrackers, go to a zoo and feed it to some wild animal...

lol If the animals are in the zoo then they're not wild, now are they? stick out tongue

Joker1237
I would not have the heart to feed Batman and Robin to a anmial.

I dont want to be arrested for Animial indangerment. I never ask one of these tigers or bears to eat it. It would just be 2 much for them to take.

Knightfall93
It would be cruelty to aniumals to even bring it near to them!

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by systemshock2
What I mean is, because of Batman and Robin and the horrible effect it had on the bankability and quality of comic book movies, it took nearly a half decade before another attempt was made at them. Studios now found that if they put some serious effort into the writing, directing, and acting of these movies, then they'd be successful, specifically with X-Men starting this golden era of comic book movies. IMO, as an ironic twist of fate, if it weren't for Batman and Robin, we might still be having poor comic book movies made.

I think it had the opposite or indeed no effect really, because in my opinion the comic book movies afterwards were not as terrible as B&R but neither were they any good. The Spider-Man films were badly done (again, in my opinon) also was X-Men. They looked too rushed for my liking.

Blade worked because I don't think they approached the movie from a comic book perspective and the director cut out any "glossiness" that might interfere and made a good action film out of it while telling a good story.

smiley8
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
I think it had the opposite or indeed no effect really, because in my opinion the comic book movies afterwards were not as terrible as B&R but neither were they any good. The Spider-Man films were badly done (again, in my opinon) also was X-Men. They looked too rushed for my liking.

Blade worked because I don't think they approached the movie from a comic book perspective and the director cut out any "glossiness" that might interfere and made a good action film out of it while telling a good story.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion but the spider-man and X-men films were brilliant, on a whole new level to Batman and Robin because they had all the qualities that made them great, unlike B+R which had no good qualities at all. The 'glossiness' is sometimes what is needed to mark the difference between a comic book movie and a regular action film. They are two different genres.

Knightfall93
The X Mens rock! BB is the greatest though...

Scarecrow756
Originally posted by Knightfall93
The X Mens rock! BB is the greatest though...

I second that statement. smokin'

WrathfulDwarf

Let's use your logic here....but instead of Batman and Robin let's focus on Marvel Comics movies. There isn't a single ONE good movie from Marvel Comics. That's right NOT ONE! Thanks to the crapfest that Marvel has help create for the past few years...studios have taken notes on how NOT to make a crappy Comic book movie. Let's see here...

BladeTrilogy
X-men Trilogy
Spider Man Trilogy
Daredevil
Hulk
Elektra
Fantastic Four

Holy crap! Look closely...Marvel Comics has impose THREE Trilogy in less than a decade! Why are they so desperate to make so many movies? Then there is upcoming rumor Iron Man movie...and also Ghost Rider...and there is a rumor that there will be a sequel to Fantastic Four! Go Marvel, go!

Oh no, let's not pass the buck to Batman and Robin. Who is really killing the Comic Book movies?

Excelsior, True Believers!

NoFate007
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
lol If the animals are in the zoo then they're not wild, now are they? stick out tongue

Lol good point

Knightfall93
Lol good point And a really relevant one too...

Mr Parker
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Let's use your logic here....but instead of Batman and Robin let's focus on Marvel Comics movies. There isn't a single ONE good movie from Marvel Comics. That's right NOT ONE! Thanks to the crapfest that Marvel has help create for the past few years...studios have taken notes on how NOT to make a crappy Comic book movie. Let's see here...

BladeTrilogy
X-men Trilogy
Spider Man Trilogy
Daredevil
Hulk
Elektra
Fantastic Four

Holy crap! Look closely...Marvel Comics has impose THREE Trilogy in less than a decade! Why are they so desperate to make so many movies? Then there is upcoming rumor Iron Man movie...and also Ghost Rider...and there is a rumor that there will be a sequel to Fantastic Four! Go Marvel, go!

Oh no, let's not pass the buck to Batman and Robin. Who is really killing the Comic Book movies?

Excelsior, True Believers!

Sad but true.Marvel has made a few good comicbook movies like Daredevil,Elektra and Xmen.Those marvel movies wouldnt be there in the crapfest catagory that the others were you mentioned.True they could have been a lot better than they were,like DareDevil and Elektra for example were too short and Xmen had Rogue as a teenage kid which was absurd,ect ect.Because of mistakes like that,those movies are just fair as far as movies go because they COULD have been so much better.But at least their not in the crapfest catagory the others are you mentioned.However,they are not masterpieces and great films such as D'C's Superman 1 & 2 or Batman Begins. Marvel really has a lot to worry about because now that their second most famous character Batman has finally got a good movie to brag about,marvel has plently to worry about because like you said,they dont really have a really good movie to boast about which is sad because marvel has a lot of great comicbook characters that a great movie could be made into. sad

WrathfulDwarf
Because of my love for the characters I slam and condemn these movies which make no justice for the true image of the superheroes. Despite the huge pounding and delusion of the fanboys...they failed to see the shame and lack of devotion these movies give to the characters. I love most of the mutants and non-mutants of Marvel comics.

Unfortunally, Marvel Comics has completely lost interest in their characters images and concentrate more on the profit of the films rather than provide a well written story for them. I despise the way the company is heading into the future.

Femi32
WrathfulDwarf, what's wrong with the Marvel movies?

smiley8
True, Warner Bros & DC has produced better comic book movies than Marvel but the Xmen trilogy is brilliant!

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Femi32
WrathfulDwarf, what's wrong with the Marvel movies?

They're bad flicks. thumb down

Those films really don't do any justice for the characters. Costumes...wtf? why is it that all the Xmen wear darker suits? We all know from the comics and tv show that they wear colorful suits. It makes them stand out but in the film they're all dark looking characters. Seems to me that they got the idea from the Batman 89.

Also...how could I forget The Punisher? Dear Heavens! Marvel has struck out TWICE with the character. Jeebus! what an injustice.

Mr Parker
They're bad flicks. thumb down

Those films really don't do any justice for the characters. Costumes...wtf? why is it that all the Xmen wear darker suits? We all know from the comics and tv show that they wear colorful suits. It makes them stand out but in the film they're all dark looking characters. Seems to me that they got the idea from the Batman 89.

Also...how could I forget The Punisher? Dear Heavens! Marvel has struck out TWICE with the character. Jeebus! what an injustice.

sad but soooo true.Unlike D.C,marvel sadly doesnt have any great comicbook movies to brag about because like you said,the films dont do justice to the characters.As smiley said,the closest Marvel has come to making a really great comicbook film is Xmen but like you said,they ruined that movie as well having them wear dark suits.Like you said so well,we all know that from the comics and cartoons that they wear colorful suits.Thats what makes them stand out as characters but like you said,in the film it makes them all look like dark characters and that they got that idea from Batman. what a total injustice to the characters. mad do the film right or dont do it at all.jesus.

Knightfall93
So... DC has: batman begins
Superman
Superman 2
They'ere th good DC and Marvel...

Spideran
Spiderman 2
X Men
X2
Fantastic Four
THOSE WERE ONLY ONES I HAVE SEEN! Finally, the rapfests...

DC: Batman Returns
Batman forever
batman & Robin
Superman 3
Superman 4

MARVEL:
Elektra (WTF?)

WrathfulDwarf
sad but soooo true.Unlike D.C,marvel sadly doesnt have any great comicbook movies to brag about because like you said,the films dont do justice to the characters.As smiley said,the closest Marvel has come to making a really great comicbook film is Xmen but like you said,they ruined that movie as well having them wear dark suits.Like you said so well,we all know that from the comics and cartoons that they wear colorful suits.Thats what makes them stand out as characters but like you said,in the film it makes them all look like dark characters and that they got that idea from Batman. what a total injustice to the characters. mad do the film right or dont do it at all.jesus.

That's how I feel about Marvel Comics and their films. Unfortunally the thread starter completely forgot to discuss such points as mine before making the thread. If he blames Batman and Robin for bad comic book movies....he needs to do the research and diggin into Marvel Comics.

Superman
Superman 2

Spideran
Spiderman 2
X Men
X2
Fantastic Four

Batman forever
batman & Robin
Superman 3
Superman 4

MARVEL:
Elektra (WTF?)

DC Comics also made Swamp Thing. You forgot The Punisher....and my mind must be losing track...Marvel is also responsible for Captain America and last year Complete Total Disaster The Man-Thing!

But to prove that I'm not an Anti-Marvel Comics person. I'd given them credit for Conan The Barbarian. So yes, I take it back. They made one movie. Now that was a hit!....but then there was the sequel...oh boy!

Mr Parker
Superman
Superman 2

Spideran
Spiderman 2
X Men
X2
Fantastic Four

Batman forever
batman & Robin
Superman 3
Superman 4

MARVEL:
Elektra (WTF?)

Elektra is much better than those rapefest spider-man 1, spider-man two and fastastic four.

Mr Parker
That's how I feel about Marvel Comics and their films. Unfortunally the thread starter completely forgot to discuss such points as mine before making the thread. If he blames Batman and Robin for bad comic book movies....he needs to do the research and diggin into Marvel Comics.

DC Comics also made Swamp Thing. You forgot The Punisher....and my mind must be losing track...Marvel is also responsible for Captain America and last year Complete Total Disaster The Man-Thing!

But to prove that I'm not an Anti-Marvel Comics person. I'd given them credit for Conan The Barbarian. So yes, I take it back. They made one movie. Now that was a hit!....but then there was the sequel...oh boy!

oh yeah I forgot about Conan The Barbarian.yeah THAT one was a masterpiece.so yeah marvel does have ONE they can boast about.Thats it though.Like you said,then came that dreadful sequel and look out. sick

Knightfall93
look, I havent seen ALL the comic films, I only put the ones I'VE SEEN... and I admit that F4 was crapo, I put it on the wrong section!!! Oh, DD's alos BS...

systemshock2
Wow, if some of you'll think some of the recent comic book movies are bad, like X-Men and Spiderman, it'd be interesting to hear just what you'll consider makes a good comic book movie. I will give B&R this though. Out of the 5 Batman films, B&R contains the best Bruce/Alfred scenes.

Knightfall93
When? And no it didnt, BB had ALL the best B/A scenes!

Mr Parker
Wow, if some of you'll think some of the recent comic book movies are bad, like X-Men and Spiderman, it'd be interesting to hear just what you'll consider makes a good comic book movie. I will give B&R this though. Out of the 5 Batman films, B&R contains the best Bruce/Alfred scenes.

What makes a film a good comicbook movie is that its got to be loyal to the source material.The Burton Batman movies did not deserve to be called batman because they butchered to death his character having him kill people in cowardly ways.Killing the joker totally betrayed the comicbook.Batman hates killing people and the movie betrayed his character making him like the punisher killing criminals,thats not Batman.Same with the spider-man movies,they also butchered to death his character and did not stay loyal to the source material.Xmen we already pointed out betrayed the spirit of the comics and did not do the characters justice with their costume changes.

Films like Batman Begins,Superman 1 & 2 and Conan the Barbarian were great films because they stayed loyal the source material for the most part.

atharpina
I don't think condemning Xmen just because some costume changes is fair. I think it looks better to not have them wearing those fruity colored uniforms personally.

Mr Parker
well if their not going to do the characters justice,call the movie something else like Black Leather Men.dont call it the xmen.

Lord Shadow Z
I will give B&R this though. Out of the 5 Batman films, B&R contains the best Bruce/Alfred scenes.

I have to disagree with that because I felt Batman Forever handled that better. Kilmer and Gough had the best Bruce/Alfred chemistry.

Knightfall93
Yep, becaue Val had really been lookingm into the chemistry of those anals he was giving the old guy...

smiley8
well if their not going to do the characters justice,call the movie something else like Black Leather Men.dont call it the xmen.

If in the film the characters in Xmen had worn bright colourful outfits then it would have looked ridiculous! True, in the original comics they wore these costumes but times change and even the comics reflect this. The black costumes in the films were great as they didn't make it look corny. The bright colours worked in the cartoon version because that was a cartoon, this is a film and having them all dress in black leather makes sense and does the characters justice because it doesn't look cheesy.

pr1983
If in the film the characters in Xmen had worn bright colourful outfits then it would have looked ridiculous! True, in the original comics they wore these costumes but times change and even the comics reflect this. The black costumes in the films were great as they didn't make it look corny. The bright colours worked in the cartoon version because that was a cartoon, this is a film and having them all dress in black leather makes sense and does the characters justice because it doesn't look cheesy.

Some of the characters still sucked though... erm

WrathfulDwarf
If in the film the characters in Xmen had worn bright colourful outfits then it would have looked ridiculous! True, in the original comics they wore these costumes but times change and even the comics reflect this.

Superman has kept his red, yellow, and blue costume in the movies/cartoons/tv shows and he looks very iconic and heroic. Why can't they do the same for the X-men? If they're going with black to make them look like badasses that is just corny. The times have nothing to do with the costume. I can understand upgrading the costume...but to completely change it is just not right. Sorry it just isn't the same for certain cases. The Batman costume has gone through some changes. However, his dark image still remains intact. The X-men have never been known for having a dark image.

Knightfall93
hey, New X men have suits like that too...

Lord Shadow Z
Yep, becaue Val had really been lookingm into the chemistry of those anals he was giving the old guy...

If you got that from the film then you have a sick and twisted mind.

smiley8
Superman has kept his red, yellow, and blue costume in the movies/cartoons/tv shows and he looks very iconic and heroic. Why can't they do the same for the X-men? If they're going with black to make them look like badasses that is just corny. The times have nothing to do with the costume. I can understand upgrading the costume...but to completely change it is just not right. Sorry it just isn't the same for certain cases. The Batman costume has gone through some changes. However, his dark image still remains intact. The X-men have never been known for having a dark image.

Both superman and Batman have kept their costumes through the ages because their costumes define the characters and are iconic symbols. The xmen have never been iconic for the costumes, it is their individual mutant powers that make the Xmen. When Christopher Reeve became Superman in 1978 and wore the bright blue, red and yellow, it fitted the time of the 70's. However, look at how Superman costume in Superman Returns looks like; it is still the same colour but a darker shade. Same thing goes for the recent spiderman costume, it isn't as bright and shiny as the cartoon. This is becasue to make it as believable as possible the costumes need to be updated. The black leathers for the xmen shows the unity in the team and how they are all different because of their powers they also are one of a team. This is what was needed to portray this in a movie made in the time we now live in.

Knightfall93
I think it's better, it makes them look like a real team, not just losers in brightly coloureed costumes...

Mr Parker

no it DOESNT make sense.your not listening.if your not going to stay loyal to the source material and your going to radically change the costumes to such a degree,then call the movie something else,dont call it the xmen. roll eyes (sarcastic)

systemshock2
Both superman and Batman have kept their costumes through the ages because their costumes define the characters and are iconic symbols. The xmen have never been iconic for the costumes, it is their individual mutant powers that make the Xmen. When Christopher Reeve became Superman in 1978 and wore the bright blue, red and yellow, it fitted the time of the 70's. However, look at how Superman costume in Superman Returns looks like; it is still the same colour but a darker shade. Same thing goes for the recent spiderman costume, it isn't as bright and shiny as the cartoon. This is becasue to make it as believable as possible the costumes need to be updated. The black leathers for the xmen shows the unity in the team and how they are all different because of their powers they also are one of a team. This is what was needed to portray this in a movie made in the time we now live in.

Amen to this. In some situations you can keep the iconic costumes almost picture-perfect, like Superman's and Spiderman's, because the on-screen presentation actually works. It's kind of hard to explain it, but the colors and the way the costume looks just works. But in other circumstances, particularly the X-Men's, you have to change them onscreen otherwise they'll look godawful onscreen. I read somewhere that Bryan Singer actually tried using Wolverine's pointy eared yellow and blue costume during the preproduction stage, but it looked so bad on film it was obvious why they had to change it.

Mr Parker
well I never liked the xmen comics in the first place so Im not going to try and spell it out for you guys anymore.either you understand it was a horrible idea and betrayed the comics or you dont.

Mr Parker
hey systemshock,check your pm box.I have sent you quite a few pm messages.

smiley8
well I never liked the xmen comics in the first place so Im not going to try and spell it out for you guys anymore.either you understand it was a horrible idea and betrayed the comics or you dont.

I don't think it actually matters whether u like the xmen or not... confused the fact is that a Xmen film was being made in the year 2000 based on a comic from the forties. To stay true to the source u cannot just lift the images from paper to film. There has to be changes for a movie to look like a movie. You probably think that they shouldn't have had mobile phones in the films because they betray the comics!!! big grin

Mr Parker
No its okay to have mobile phones because thats an instance where an update makes sense.but the costumes betray the characters.do it right or dont do it at all.

Knightfall93
I don't think it actually matters whether u like the xmen or not... confused the fact is that a Xmen film was being made in the year 2000 based on a comic from the forties. To stay true to the source u cannot just lift the images from paper to film. There has to be changes for a movie to look like a movie. You probably think that they shouldn't have had mobile phones in the films because they betray the comics!!! big grin Actually, your info is WAY wrong. try the 60s, not the 40s. And, Mr Parker, X Men comics are awesome...

smiley8
Actually, your info is WAY wrong. try the 60s, not the 40s. And, Mr Parker, X Men comics are awesome...

Sorry, my mistake but whether from 60's or whenever a film has to be adapted for audiences who are going to see it and that can't be for just comic book fans, it has to appeal to the masses yet retain its integrity of the original comics and i think X men does that just great. the costume changes don't ruin it 1 bit.

Knightfall93
I know... technically, Batman's costume's been adapted a lot for a new era. Also... Superboy... Nightwing... there'sm some huge changes!! Even comics do them! You dont moan that BB made the Gatamobile into a tank

WrathfulDwarf
However, look at how Superman costume in Superman Returns looks like; it is still the same colour but a darker shade. Same thing goes for the recent spiderman costume, it isn't as bright and shiny as the cartoon. This is becasue to make it as believable as possible the costumes need to be updated.

Exactly, nothing beats the original. Now, why couldn't they do the same for Xmen costumes? make their colorful costume a bit more darker color rather than all black.

black leathers for the xmen shows the unity in the team and how they are all different because of their powers they also are one of a team.

Sorry, they look like Star Trek characters to me with the same costume color and the X logo on the side. Add Patrick Steward as professor X and you get the crew of the Interprise ship. There is no room for individuality except for their powers. Kinda leaves an empty feeling.

Knightfall93
That's a retarded comment...

smiley8
Exactly, nothing beats the original. Now, why couldn't they do the same for Xmen costumes? make their colorful costume a bit more darker color rather than all black.

Because like i said earlier, the xmen's colourful costumes are not what make the characters, like supermans costume does. Changing Supermans costume would take away the symbol of the character, by changing the Xmen's costumes this doesn't effect it in the same way at all, plus having them all in yellows, blues and greens would take away from the realism of the story....they would look like a bunch of amateur clowns..... and before u say it works in the comics, comics look very different visually to movies.

WrathfulDwarf
Because like i said earlier, the xmen's colourful costumes are not what make the characters, like supermans costume does. Changing Supermans costume would take away the symbol of the character, by changing the Xmen's costumes this doesn't effect it in the same way at all, plus having them all in yellows, blues and greens would take away from the realism of the story....they would look like a bunch of amateur clowns..... and before u say it works in the comics, comics look very different visually to movies.

But again it would work better (key word here "better"wink if they had their original costumes with a darker tone. That is basically my critique on how the characters look in the films.

You said "comics look very different visually to movies." I sincerely hope you saw Sin City. Which IMO it proves that you can transfer the comic to film. When dedication and colaboration is put into a film you get wonders. In the case of Sin City Rodriguez and Miller worked together to bring the beauty of the comic to the film. Whereas Marvel and 20th Century Fox haven't done so with Xmen.

Knightfall93
True... I reckon superman looks gay anyway! Why would someone dress up brightly and gayly.... wearing combat gera makes FAR more sensse!

Gregory
Sin City wasn't a superhero comic; different rules.

Knightfall93
Completey different... I think the same for Punisher too! I wanna see a Deadpool film...

smiley8

Agree, totally... smile

SpyCspider
ok here's my partial take on the matter:

Superman is supposed to be a boy Scout hero....everybody is happy he's around and admires his heroic efforts. The color is in tune with his upbeat persona. Same is true for the Fantastic Four. They are lighthearted characters so the colorful outfits fit them well.

X-men are shunned by society and seen as criminals. Blade and Batman as well. All dark characters who are not always seen to be on the side of the law, despite their heroic deeds. TRUE, a darker shade of their colorful costumes would have been good and acceptable for the X-men, but I guess they chose the all black leather to emphasize group unity and a darker atmosphere. They're "hidden heroes" who do good deeds but don't get appreciated by non-mutants.

If you look at Robin in Batman Forever and B & R, they toned the color down as well to keep it in tune with the dark persona of Batman.

Mr Parker
Thats just further proof of what he has been talking about that when a studio actually trys to be faithful to the comicbook as best as possible,it CAN be done.Sure they toned it down but it wasnt a radical far out wacky change from the original costume like xmens were.The batman movies accomplished that feat,theres no reason why the xmen couldnt have done the same thing as well and toned them down a bit to make them just a LITTLE darker but be loyal to the source material at the same time like batman forevers robin costume was.and oh by the way spyspider, your wrong as usual,on THIS thread the ONLY time I have ever spoken about the xmen since I been here at this site -other than on a couple of posts on a couple of threads when I first joined ages ago,the only thing I have saying about the xmen movies since I realy dont like them as a comic i-is that they should do the comic justice with the movie or dont do it at all.

and oh this is for both you and knightfall spyspider.the reason I bring up people like harvey dent and bakerboy in the batman debates is because unlike knightfall,I can respect those two because they stick to their guns and dont back down from the burton lovers.Knightfall dissapoints me because he is afraid to stick to his guns,he just follows the crowd.two weeks ago when MANY people were bashing the burton batman movies,he was in full throttle doing the same,now that many people are defending burton,he has backed down from the bashing because he is afraid to go against the crowd unlike bakerboy or harvey dent.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
If you got that from the film then you have a sick and twisted mind.

yeah its because of comments like that he makes,that I have also really lost my respect for Knightfall I had in the beginning.

SpyCspider
sigh...dude....it's not a battle. There's no "sticking to the guns" as you so eloquently put it.

It's just different opinions on a varied spectrum. Knightfall already expressed how he hated Burton's version by having Batman kill people, etc. He CAN also say he rewatched it and realizes it wasn't THAT bad. He can also hate Kilmer more than Keaton, yet still think overall Batman 1989 sucked ass. Nobody was telling him "yo you better rethink your perspective over." In fact the only person trying to do ANYTHING to persuade him is YOU. Pot calling kettle black, anyone?

Knightfall isn't being a "traitor" to your opinion. God forbid people not agree with you totally on every aspect of a movie. There's no "siding" --it's not 3rd grade.

You gotta give respect in order to get respect. Simple as that. I don't even know why I'm trying to explain myself. You're a grown man, figure it out.

Knightfall93
Thanks, SpyC, it was genuinely that all the arguing got me carried away in the argument... and actually I rewatched it for the first time in YEARS and it has good elements... you're a manipulative and stubborn moron, Parker!

Mr Parker
Originally posted by SpyCspider
sigh...dude....it's not a battle. There's no "sticking to the guns" as you so eloquently put it.

It's just different opinions on a varied spectrum. Knightfall already expressed how he hated Burton's version by having Batman kill people, etc. He CAN also say he rewatched it and realizes it wasn't THAT bad. He can also hate Kilmer more than Keaton, yet still think overall Batman 1989 sucked ass. Nobody was telling him "yo you better rethink your perspective over." In fact the only person trying to do ANYTHING to persuade him is YOU. Pot calling kettle black, anyone?

Knightfall isn't being a "traitor" to your opinion. God forbid people not agree with you totally on every aspect of a movie. There's no "siding" --it's not 3rd grade.

You gotta give respect in order to get respect. Simple as that. I don't even know why I'm trying to explain myself. You're a grown man, figure it out.

okay I see what your saying. wink No he's not being a traitor or anything to my opinion but I still cant take him serious anymore like I did in the beginning with recent comments such as "you moron ," or "Val Kilmer was looking into the anals he had been giving that guy in Forever ect." and I still say that he backed down and just followed the crowd. I also still wont back down though from my view that it doesnt surprise me that many people like the burton batman movies because I have always known that most moviegoers enjoy watching crap.again the proof of that is in The star wars phantom menace movie big grin which is ranked at number 5 as the biggest blockbuster of all time but hardly a masterpiece and stunning movie like the original first two movies A New Hope ann Empire Strikes Back are.

anyways enough about that.Lets back to the topic of my comments I gave to you about the xmen movie okay? wink

Knightfall93
Mr Parker, you're the one who tried to control me, none of the Burton fans did. Get a life, it's not your family that's being insulted...

SpyCspider
yea i'm done too

i was never trying to get you two fighting against each other...it was just the way i interpreted how things went.

As for Knightfall, I still think many of your posts are creative (and hilarious at times) so I don't take it to heart or anything. We cool. cool

Mr Parker
So no comment on how it was inexcusable for them to not try and make the xmen costumes a LITTLE darker but stay true to the source material like they did with the robin costumes in Schumachers Batman movies huh? Okay I see. big grin

TMACalicious
lol...

Everytime i read/hear Nicholas Cage is gonna be "Ghost Rider" just cracks me up. Cage is a bit too old to be a superhero lol...

SpyCspider
So no comment on how it was inexcusable for them to not try and make the xmen costumes a LITTLE darker but stay true to the source material like they did with the robin costumes in Schumachers Batman movies huh? Okay I see. big grin

nah, it didn't bother me that much so i dont' think it was inexcusable. I already agreed it could have worked if they used a darker version of the colorful costumes, but I really don't see how it would have enhanced the movie by that much.

On the other hand, I have to say I AM a bit disappointed by the way Jean Grey looks in the X3 trailer....i wanted her to look stunningly scarlet, as opposed to the kinda plain dark red they're having her in. Beast is looking pretty tight, however.

Another example where too colorful kinda made me wince. Green Goblin's power ranger costume, it was too green and made him look comical. There were original designs where he's wearing a darkish green cowl that made him look more deathly as opposed to cartoony.

SpyCspider
oh just thought of one more thing. IMO, Elektra's outfit in her own movie was a big improvement over the black she wore in Daredevil. Why? Because her stunning scarlet outfit fits with her femme fatale persona. And it wasn't just the color, but the way it fit on her made her look better as well. It didn't look comical. Only thing she was missing was her trademark headpiece. The fact that I don't think Jennifer Garner is hot enough to play her is my opinion as well, but that's another argument. wink

WrathfulDwarf

I wonder who invented those rules....

Knightfall93
LOL... good point... did I hear something about gregory's 101 superhero- movie adaption rules?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.