Namor and Iron Man vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mindship
I dont think this one's been done.

The Sub-Mariner and Iron Man (standard armor)
versus
Thor (regular/classic)

No prep. Over/near an uncharted Pacific island.

TheKahn
This is a very interesting fight. Thor has more raw power (strength and energy attacks) while the other two have a speed and mobility (i.e. as both can actually fly as opposed to being dragged through the air by Mjolnir). Also I'd think Namor and Tony have the advantage in intelligence and both sides would be familiar with each others fighting style and general abilities.

But I think Thor would win a bare majority say 6/10. Namor and Tony could score some victories especially as Thor tends to use Mjolnir as little more than a club. However, when he finally does decide to use the full abilites of his hammer the other two are screwed.

Mindship
Namor and Stark are more thinking fighters than Thor...they may realize their best bet is first separate the god from his mallet. Iron Man would need to fight smart with energy (eg, flash of light to temporarily blind Thor), while Namor takes advantage with physical blows.

If Thor survives their opening salvos and brings his hammer's full power to bear, I agree, he wins. But if not, he eventually goes down.

TheKahn
The hammer would have to be concern number one for them. But getting anywhere near it is extremely risky for either of them. One solid crack to their skulls and they are done for. Really Thor *could* end the fight in a few seconds by summoning a large amount of magic lighting and frying Namor and Tony. But Thor's ego and lack of creativity would create openings in his defenses that they could exploit.

grey fox
Tony would have to very tricky here. He'd have to distract thor long enough for namor (One of marvels greatest Ariel combatants) to knock the hammer out of his hands before they start a fist fight.

Then tony pulls out all the stops and does a 'drain all energy take out hulk' punch while namor uses all of his strengh. If their lucky they may be able to knock him over....

Lucid Lui
1. http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/921/vsthor1j8lo3kj.jpg
2. http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/9195/vsthor1k4zo4fm.jpg

Namor can generate electricity. He could feed it to Iron Man.

I'm not saying this would work, just throwing it out there...

Tron
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
1. http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/921/vsthor1j8lo3kj.jpg
2. http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/9195/vsthor1k4zo4fm.jpg

Namor can generate electricity. He could feed it to Iron Man.

I'm not saying this would work, just throwing it out there...

But, this is "magical" lighting. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mindship
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/9195/vsthor1k4zo4fm.jpg

"pooh"?

AJ4LIFE
so its still lighting

Mindship
This point has been under debate several times: Is Thor's lightning "magical," different from "normal" lightning Or, is his lightning just magically summoned, but in its nature still plain, normal lightning?

I have never seen anything to indicate it was anything more than plain, normal lightning--magically summoned, yes--but regular, natural lightning, period, and thus, like Thor's body, subject to physical laws.

batdude123
Well, since ive seen Tony give Thor a hard time BY HIMSELF. Then I'd have to go with Tony and Namor for this one.

leonheartmm
iron man's forcefield has rather easily withstood direct hits from mlijnor before. tony's strength, shield, energy weapons, high speed flight, mind and diversionary tactics combined with namor's resistance to magical/mystical attacks, resistance and emission of electricity, high durability extremely high strength speed and flight should make short work of thor.

thesilverspider
Thor smites them 8/10

Diunic
Folks let's be serious here no chance for the mere mortals. Thor would generate a mega electromagnetic pulse or lightning bolt that according to physical laws would shut down IM and murder Namor. That's 15.000 Celsius at least. Thor wins with no big difficulty.

TheKahn
In my mind it all depends on how Thor fights. He has the powers needed to kill these two easily, but the question is if he will use them effectively. If he doesn't, Tony and Namor have the potential to beat him.

Diunic
With that I find myself obligated to agree.

Mindship
That's why I set up this match. Thor is an absolute powerhouse. Geez, if I had set up a Namor + Iron Man vs Superman Thread (no prep, like this one), most if not all would give it to Superman. But because Thor is not a sophisticated fighter (for all the bally-hoo about his "millennia of battle experience"wink, I could envision two somewhat-less-powerful but more intelligent fighters taking him down.

Diunic
Thor is not an idiot. IF, IF he were he would lose.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Diunic
Thor is not an idiot

Some people seem to think he is whistling

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/4341/thorvikings3p05hg6kk5dw.th.jpg

batdude123
Even though Thor is not an idiot, when he fought the Hulk he only used Miljnor to club him around. After a few smacks with it, Hulk swatted him away like a fly and then PICKED UP Miljnor and threw it at Thor, knocking him out. He had the potential to beat Hulk, but he didn't.

TheKahn
Originally posted by batdude123
Even though Thor is not an idiot, when he fought the Hulk he only used Miljnor to club him around. After a few smacks with it, Hulk swatted him away like a fly and then PICKED UP Miljnor and threw it at Thor, knocking him out. He had the potential to beat Hulk, but he didn't.

Are you sure that isn't the Ultimate Avengers movie you're thinking of?

batdude123
Originally posted by TheKahn
Are you sure that isn't the Ultimate Avengers movie you're thinking of?

stick out tongue So what if it is?

Diunic
Thor would murdered them both with a single blast if he desires so.

TheKahn
Well first off the movie isn't in continuity with the Ultimates universe and so the feats in it cannot be used in this fight. Secondly the regular Marvel universe (616) and the Ultimate universe are not the same thing. These are 616 verions of the characters so anything in the Ultimate universe cannot be used anyway.

Mindship
Thor is definitely Not an idiot, but that doesn't automatically make him an intelligent/sophisticated/tactical fighter. I am hardly an expert, but everytime I've seen Thor fight, his approach is generally that of a brawler with a club...and it's only after that has failed that he begins to think in grander terms.

Namor and Iron Man--knowing that they are going up against an absolute powerhouse--will approach this problem tactically from the start, if for no other reason that they will have to.

Diunic
OK! Would that be enough?

Mindship
It could well be enough.
But I will also say this: if there was a second fight, Thor wins, because he won't make the same mistakes twice. Again, he is Not an idiot.

Diunic
I'm with you on this one.

batdude123
Originally posted by TheKahn
Well first off the movie isn't in continuity with the Ultimates universe and so the feats in it cannot be used in this fight. Secondly the regular Marvel universe (616) and the Ultimate universe are not the same thing. These are 616 verions of the characters so anything in the Ultimate universe cannot be used anyway.

In that case, Thor would beat em' up pretty good!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.