Autobiographies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Piggle Humsy
Have you read anyones autobiography?

Did you buy it because you knew & liked them or because you thought they seemed interesting?

Did it make you like them or take a disliking to them?

Was it a gift and you read it because you felt you had to but ended up loving the book?

The reason I ask is for the past 2 Christmases my dad has bought me someones autobiography... 2004 it was Ricky Tomlinson: Ricky and last year it was Sharon Osbourne Extreme: My Autobiography and they were both surprisingly interesting reads.

These are 2 books I would probably never think of buying, I knew Ricky Tomlinson from tv but never really thought much about him, but his life was so interesting, I hardly put the book down.

The same was with Sharon Osbournes book, I like Sharon Osbourne and watched The Osbournes and X-Factor and I knew she had managed ozzy but I never realised what her life was like before she came into the limelight. Her past is shocking.

I am so glad my dad decided to buy me these books. I'll never know why he chose those ones specifically but I'm glad he did. big grin

Your Turn... smile

Piggle Humsy
no one... confused

sad

amity75
I read a lot of autobiographies. They always seem to reveal some dirt about the world of showbusiness or the movie industry. I kinda like that.

papabeard
I read alot of (AUTO)biographies, on different types of people, artists , musicians, politicians, comedians,actors, scientists etc...

I enjoyed, Neil Young "SHAKY", The Hammer of the Gods- LED ZEPPELIN, The GRateful Dead, Karl Marx, about 7 different Bill Hicks books, The Kid stays in the picture- Robert Evans, The DIrt - Motley Crue, Walk This Way - Aerosmith, The Long hard Road out of hell - Marylin Manson, Einstein, Fidel Castro, Saddam Hussein, too many to list.

Piggle Humsy
My sister read Karl Marx. she really enjoyed it.

I'd like to read Marilyn Mansons.. I bet that is a brilliant read, he is so intelligent and interesting. yes

jaden101
i read kenny dalgliesh's autobiography...for those who dont know him he was a Scotland and Liverpool football player who managed Liverpool at the time of the hillsborough stadium disaster in which 96 people died...his account of it and the funerals he went to were very touching

it's still the only autobiography i've ever read

Deano
roy keanes

papabeard
The manson book is pretty disturbing in places.

Piggle Humsy
Originally posted by papabeard
The manson book is pretty disturbing in places.

I can imagine.

papabeard
Motley Crue - The Dirt is probably the most entertaining as those guys were crazy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.