I think I should be offended.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FeceMan
http://www.smalldeadanimals.com/archives/003630.html

http://www.smalldeadanimals.com/archives/capitalistpiglet.jpg
Well...that's an...interesting...way to strike back at the guy who made the Mohammed cartoon stuff.

Mišt
...no expression

They need better writers.

-hh-
no

first the Mohammed one and now this...

im not offended, but i dont see a REASON

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Why do you think you should be offended? Either you are or you aren't.

Makedde
laughing

Hit_and_Miss
theres a difference between a major paper and an Internet site...

Fishy
The drawing is ugly, the story sucks and it was posted on an internet site...

and then there's the fact that this wasn't written by Muslims...

Darth Jello
wow, it's antisemitic, and slanders one of my favorite cute animals.

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth Jello
wow, it's antisemitic, and slanders one of my favorite cute animals.

You think pigs are cute??

Darth Jello
I love piggies, i want a piggy as a pet. It's why i stopped eating pork (which is the only part of kosher laws i follow)

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth Jello
I love piggies, i want a piggy as a pet. It's why i stopped eating pork (which is the only part of kosher laws i follow)

You should talk to a friend of mine, he's dating one.

Darth Jello
ew

FeceMan
Originally posted by Fishy
The drawing is ugly, the story sucks and it was posted on an internet site...

and then there's the fact that this wasn't written by Muslims...
Kek. I KNOW. But it would be funny if it was posted in a newspaper.
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Why do you think you should be offended? Either you are or you aren't.
I think I should be offended, but I'm quite neutral.

Deano
If you are offended. theres a good solution...choose not to be. simple really.

Capt_Fantastic
I am not offended. Were I raised to be a religous fanatic who believed that my only purpose for existing is to promote my religion and all the social inequities that go along with that religion, then I would be rioting in the milk and honey paved streets of the promised.

It should be noted that those comments are an indictment of both Islam and Christianity and Judaism.

BackFire
What a shitty cartoon. I'm offended at how stupid it is.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by FeceMan
I think I should be offended, but I'm quite neutral.

Why have you posted the same thing again? I asked why you think you should be offended...

If you think you should be offended because of the reaction by Muslims to the comics depciting Mohammed, then you are merely reciprocating behaviour, which leads to nowhere. If you think you should be offended because they show Jesus giving head to a pig with a hat on, then you must be a Christian, so why did you actively seek out material that would offend you?

I'm disregarding the "I'm quite neutral" part because it means you have nothing to say, which is in conflict with the actions of someone who starts a thread with a comic of Jesus and a pig 'having relations'.

Then again, perhaps you really do have nothing to say, so you post a thread like this in the assumption it's saying something...

It's not.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Why have you posted the same thing again? I asked why you think you should be offended...

If you think you should be offended because of the reaction by Muslims to the comics depciting Mohammed, then you are merely reciprocating behaviour, which leads to nowhere. If you think you should be offended because they show Jesus giving head to a pig with a hat on, then you must be a Christian, so why did you actively seek out material that would offend you?

I'm disregarding the "I'm quite neutral" part because it means you have nothing to say, which is in conflict with the actions of someone who starts a thread with a comic of Jesus and a pig 'having relations'.

Then again, perhaps you really do have nothing to say, so you post a thread like this in the assumption it's saying something...

It's not.
The reason I think I should be offended is that it's such a disgusting slam on my faith. I am, however, not offended, which is somewhat confusing. I'm trying to figure out if this outrage I think I should be feeling is similar in nature to the outrage that many Muslims felt at the depiction of Mohammed.

It would seem that there would be a vast difference in the offensive nature of the posts; Jesus performing oral sex is quite repugnant. Though perhaps I'm unable to understand the zeal with which some Muslims defend their faith.
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
I am not offended. Were I raised to be a religous fanatic who believed that my only purpose for existing is to promote my religion and all the social inequities that go along with that religion, then I would be rioting in the milk and honey paved streets of the promised.

It should be noted that those comments are an indictment of both Islam and Christianity and Judaism.
It is clearly a logical step to go from being offended to rioting in the streets.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
The reason I think I should be offended is that it's such a disgusting slam on my faith. I am, however, not offended, which is somewhat confusing. I'm trying to figure out if this outrage I think I should be feeling is similar in nature to the outrage that many Muslims felt at the depiction of Mohammed.

You're not making much sense. How can you acknowledge it as 'a disgusting slam on (your) faith', yet say you are not offended? The latter obviously contradicts the former.

It is clearly a logical step to go from being offended to rioting in the streets.

Oh, yes. Clearly.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic

I gotta point out that promoting judaism, forcing jewish values, especially through proscelitizing etc. is forbidden in judaism

Capt_Fantastic

exactly. It is the core principles of the teachings of Allah AND baby Jesus.

whobdamandog
I think I know what Feceman is trying to say..

It's kind of like the Davinci Code, you have to read between the lines and cut and paste letters/words together.

Fin

Wesker
Eh, the cartoon's in poor taste and slams religion.

I know- let's burn embassies, hate the west, and start international tension!

Yeah, that'd be a real logical step. I'm so glad the world should apologize to Islamic states and peoples over a stupid cartoon, but Penthouse has yet to apologize to the women of the world for its oftentimes explicit and demeaning cartoons. Or for that matter, maybe office managers everywhere should burn Dilbert toys and goods in protest over a badly laid stereotype. And next you'll have dogs bitching about Marmeduke and children boycotting Family Circus.

I think I hate Charlie Brown. Schultz seems to be saying white guys can't kick footballs. Anyone got a light?

FeceMan
Originally posted by whobdamandog
I'm an idiot.
/thread

NoahMann
I try not to let anything on the internet offend me and then I see something like this and of course it does just that. Thats why stupid people suck is my life motto wink

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by BackFire
What a shitty cartoon. I'm offended at how stupid it is.

Word.

grey fox
Originally posted by Wesker
Eh, the cartoon's in poor taste and slams religion.

I know- let's burn embassies, hate the west, and start international tension!

Yeah, that'd be a real logical step. I'm so glad the world should apologize to Islamic states and peoples over a stupid cartoon, but Penthouse has yet to apologize to the women of the world for its oftentimes explicit and demeaning cartoons. Or for that matter, maybe office managers everywhere should burn Dilbert toys and goods in protest over a badly laid stereotype. And next you'll have dogs bitching about Marmeduke and children boycotting Family Circus.

I think I hate Charlie Brown. Schultz seems to be saying white guys can't kick footballs. Anyone got a light?

....And soon we'll have the Norse riding our Arses over 'Hagar The Horrible'......

Fishy
To all the people that say we should be offended? Why? This is a person living in a Christian country that likely follows no religion, so we really shouldn't be burning embassy's. Unless of course we burn embassy's of country's that don't allow any religions, but I don't think we have those.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.