what's this wait 30 secs b4 u post another msg about?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkEngine
so what's the point to have a fast connection if u have to wait b4 u can post another thread? mad

Raz
Its there to stop spammers.

DarkEngine
can u not set it to non-member only???sad

ToMacco
Yeah, that really sucks sometimes. But I've learned to live with it.

Ushgarak
Restricting it to non-members isn;t much good; spammers tend to be full members!

It IS a a pain but not as much as a pain as when some idiot joins up and posts a hundred useless messages in a couple of minutes and the mods have to spend all the time deleting it.

Raz
Hmm...didn't know so many people encountered it.

I'll disable it....on a trial basis, of course.

yerssot
well, I don't care about that,...except when you're going to do like Ezboards with ONE minute!

LanceWindu
That's why with my ezboards I have the wait one minute thing turned off.

Until I get a helluva lot of members though.

Ushgarak
You enabled it in the first place because of a couple of people who were messing around, didn't you, Raz?

Raz
I think it was just precautionary. I can't remember a time when we were 'post bombed'.

Bespin Bart
That happened at the GameWinners Forums in the Rogue Leader section. This guy (he had a name like Roseburne or some stupid name like that) posted threads about how much Star Wars sucked and what his favorite band was. Then he started throwing shit at everyone. He was eventually banned because the mods hadn't been around. They locked every thread he made and deleted every post he made after they came back. He made probably 200 posts before the mods locked him away in the Yerssot Wacko Asylum.

But I don't know anyone like that here and I'm sure no one will. Everyone will just send all the shit they post right back at them. laughing out loud laughing out loud

yerssot
Note:
The Yerssot Wacko Asylum denies any knowledge of the person Roseburne, in the asylum and outside.
We do not acknowledge these actions as the actions of one of our patients,
thank you

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.