Sonic Youth thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
So i've been really disapointed by their stuff lately, but my love of their old stuff has been rekindled after MEETING THURSTON MOORE tonight. And since there's no sonic youth thread, post away eager fans.

papabeard
SOnic Youth are pretty good, a bit hit and miss, I like DAYDREAM NATION, one of the more recent records was good "......street" ?

Kim Gordon was in Last Days recently.

Darth Jello
I just hate their stuff since about 1995 or so, it seems like they've gone waaaay over to the emo side of things. The first time I heard The Diamond Sea i really wanted to vomit. I guess since thurston's gonna be in town till tonight and since he's hanging out at this bookstore in downtown i might actually tell him that.

Phat J
Originally posted by papabeard
SOnic Youth are pretty good, a bit hit and miss, I like DAYDREAM NATION, one of the more recent records was good "......street" ?

Kim Gordon was in Last Days recently.

murray's street, yeah that was really good. sympathy for the strawberry especially, i still throw that in from time to time just for that track.

Alpha Centauri
I really like Daydream Nation, takes a while to grow though.

-AC

hoorayforpeepee
daydream nation is one of the few albums that really improves with concentration and repetition. you just have to sit down and concentrate for an hour or so, but the rewards are rich indeed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.