Wrong Turn 2 in the works.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
www.creature-corner.com/?type=news&id=1250

AC/DC'S_LVR
i wanna see someone get thier head chopped in half again

allofyousuckkk
no eliza dushku? straight to dvd....i'll probably rent it, although eliza dushku made the first one good. I won't say it was terrible, it just isn't something that you can watch more than once

devilsreject304
I hate it how nowadays alot of sequesl are DTV, i wish they were good enough for theatres, and no Eliza? how stupid IMO.

b-dan
first was ok it was sort of like the hills have eyes like with the deformed people ill probably see the sequil

Wolfie
DTV

Surprise, surprise.

deathbycorn
The first one was a great movie, a perfect throwback to 70's horror films.

I can't wait for this to come out, it should be good.

papabeard
They can make a shed load of money off the back of these DTV Horror sequels, probably the only way you'll get to see them.

Evil Dead
first one sucked..........this one will probably suck even more......

C-Dic
Originally posted by deathbycorn
The first one was a great movie, a perfect throwback to 70's horror films.

I can't wait for this to come out, it should be good.

Throwback.. TCM ripoff..same thing. Can't wait. Eliza Dushku's a talentless slob anyway.

papabeard
Originally posted by C-Dic
Throwback.. TCM ripoff..same thing. Can't wait. Eliza Dushku's a talentless slob anyway.

I think it was a rip off of TCM and THHE, I enjoyed the first time I watched it but now I hate it.

deathbycorn
It wasn't the same as TCM, it was it's own story and they got the story from season 4 episode 3
of the x-files, episode named 'home'.

3 inbred brothers chasing people through the bush is different to being tortured by a crazy skin wearing and
skin eating leatherface. Who uses a chainsaw while the Inbred's use riffles and machettes.

Learn to realise that Wrong Turn is about as good as it gets when it comes to mindless slasher films.

How about movies like Just Before Dawn and Deliverence? Wrong Turn copied them if anything, not TCM.

C-Dic

Learn to realise that Wrong Turn is about as good as it gets when it comes to mindless slasher films.

laughing out loud LMAO

Quote of the year, and it's only ****in' April...

Impediment
Yah......I kinda havta agree with that.

papabeard
It wasn't the same as TCM, it was it's own story and they got the story from season 4 episode 3

How about movies like Just Before Dawn and Deliverence? Wrong Turn copied them if anything, not TCM.

Have you heard of a film called The Hills Have Eyes?

QUOTE : "3 inbred brothers chasing people through the bush is different to being tortured by a crazy skin wearing and
skin eating leatherface. Who uses a chainsaw while the Inbred's use riffles and machettes."

No it isnt. laughing out loud

deathbycorn
The original The Hills Have Eyes was a dead set shit movie imo, boring as hell for the first 40min, and it lacked in the picture quality area, maybe the remake will be better. But yeah I didn't like it at all. Wrong Turn was a copy off that more than TCM, that is a good point. But it payed homage to TCM, it was the same plot basically, bunch of kids get stranded in the backwoods and meet a killer but this time it's 3 not 1. The gore looked awesome and the deaths were pretty cool too, I just don't see how you fellas could knock such a sweet film!

Evil Dead
because it was stupid and tedious to watch.......

Impediment
Originally posted by Evil Dead
because it was stupid and tedious to watch....... thumb up

deathbycorn
So it's in the same leauge as Scream then, Stupid.

C-Dic
The original The Hills Have Eyes was a dead set shit movie imo, boring as hell for the first 40min, and it lacked in the picture quality area, maybe the remake will be better.

Who gives a shit about how good or bad the movie was when everyone elses point is that "Wrong Turn" is, like I said, just another copycat, and a bad one at that, and it's general opinion. You're using "Scream" as a comparison, thinking you're pissing people off, when all your doing is making generalizations that you can't even justly compare!

...I don't like "THHE" personally, but I'm also saavy enough to know the "bad picture quality", which it doesn't suffer from, doesn't impact the movie, and if anything, adds to it. There's no way in hell that TCM would be as effective if it weren't so crudely shot on an 8mm camera.

deathbycorn
I'd like to see you make a better movie than Wrong Turn, and have Stan Winston create the make up for you're mountain men. What differed Scream from Halloween & When A Stranger Calls? It was nothing original it was just some horror parody peice of garbage.

C-Dic
Stan Winston didn't create the special effects for "Wrong Turn". Arjen Tuiten, who was from Winston's studios did SOME of the prosthetics. That's all.

What differed between "Scream", "Halloween", and "When a Stranger Calls"? I'll induldge you. You may even learn something.

Scream - A duo of high school kids and horror movie aficonado's take their love for movies too far, motivated by movies, kill off their classmates. All throughout, executing perfect alibis and tact, almost getting away with every single murder.

Halloween - A young boy, on Halloween, murders his immediate family, and is sent to a mental institution. Halloween night of 1978, he escapes from the facility to finish killing off his family, and anyone in his way. This came to be known as a product of Michael being part of the Thorn cult, where one man sacrificed his family for the good of the community.

When a Stranger Calls - A girl is left alone to babysit, gets obscene calls, asking about the children, threatening her life and theirs, when all along he is already inside the house. In fact, "When a Stranger Calls" is a ripoff of "Black Christmas", which used the same plot 5 years earlier.

So.........if you wanna find some comparisons between those 3 movies, and I do mean aside from people being murdered, silly, please go right ahead. If you can't, I won't be surprised because there aren't any....whereas I can trace "Wrong Turns" roots through cinema about 50 years or more.

Again, please, stop using "Scream" as if it's something I directed. I loved the movie, and you trying to us it as something hurtful towards me is as pathetic as it as amatuer and outright hilarious, namely because your wrong. Normally, yes, opinions can't be wrong, but your basis is off, as is the way you're presenting your debate.

deathbycorn
Wrong Turn - Friends go on a camping trip, crash cars, stumble across old farm house, run into 3 disfigured inbred brothers who chase them through the woods to kill and eat them.

Hills Have Eyes - Broken down car and caravan, tourists in search of an old silver mine slowly begin being picked off by a family of feral cannibals who watch from the hills then come looking for food, they also live in caves on a nuclear testing zone.

TCM - It all starts out as a simple country road trip that sounds like the perfect way to spend some time for a group of five friends. It seems to be a regular afternoon until they drive into a deserted part of Texas. A strange hitchhiker unleashes an unimaginable chain-of-events that lead to murder, cannibalism and leatherface.

These movies are completely different, except for the fact they all are 'cannibal' movies and people run into them.

All the Cannibal Familys are different and do different things.

C-Dic
Wrong Turn - Car full of teens breaks down in the middle of nowhere. Kids run across cannibalistic family in the woods.

The Hills Have Eyes - Trailer breaks down in the middle of nowhere. Family runs into cannibalistic family in the foothills.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Van of full teens breaks down (runs out of gas) in the middle of nowhere. Kids run across cannabalistic family.

Wolf Creek - Kids car breaks down in the middle of nowhere. Kids run into mysogynistic killer.

It's all the damn same to me. Contesting it won't do anyone any good.

deathbycorn
Scream, Halloween and When A Stranger Calls all have a psychotic killer preying on people. The calls on the phone were taken from When A Stranger Calls, the revenge plot was taken from Halloween, the mask and knife were both used in Halloween (not the same mask, but a mask). How can you sit there and say Scream was original!

C-Dic
The calls on the phone were taken from When A Stranger Calls, the revenge plot was taken from Halloween, the mask and knife were both used in Halloween (not the same mask, but a mask). How can you sit there and say Scream was original!

Taken? So, before WASC, no other horror movie had a killer that called the victims house? Bullshit. Before Halloween, no other movie used revenge as a plot? Bullshit. Before Halloween, no other horror movie used a knife as a murder weapon? Bullshit. Before Halloween, no other movie used a masked killer? Bullshit.

You see how ridiculous you sound with all these "unoriginal" accusations?

I can sit here and say that Scream was original because it was the first movie to use TWO killers working under the same supposed alias, as well as the first to actually make light of all the horror movie cliches, even being acknowledged by the characters themselves. Some were used anyway, most just ripped on.

The plot of Scream was very unoriginal and simplistic, but it's the guts of the movie that matter, made it original, and a piece of horror history. There hasn't been a movie like it since, because it's a true original.

deathbycorn
I'm arguing with a guy who thinks Scream is a peice of horror history hahaha that is laughable.

C-Dic
I don't think, I know, and I don't argue, I debate. Arguing would entail me just spouting off at the mouth.

deathbycorn
The screenwriters are Turi Meyer and Al Septien, whose credits include LEPRECHAUN 2, SLEEPSTALKER and CANDYMAN: DAY OF THE DEAD; the latter two were also directed by Meyer, but there's no word yet on whether he'll do the same on the new WRONG TURN.

deathbycorn

deathbycorn
http://www.crystallo.info/homepage.htm

"I have just been cast in "WRONG TURN 2" I have been given a supporting lead and cannot wait to start filming. For some of you FD3 Fans you will also be happy to know that I will be working with Texas Battle once again. He has also been cast as a lead on the show and we are both so excited."

Colere
The true story based on this movie was set 10 minutes away from my hometown when I was almost 6 years old. Talk about freaky. But yes, I definitely enjoyed the first movie, I thought it could've been better dealing with the killings but all-in-all I was happy about it.

As far as the second one I won't be seeing it. Eliza Dusku was good in the first one and if she isn't in the second one there is really no point to me.
Also, the inbreds didn't kill THAT many people and they were also caught, so to make a second movie would be kind of pointless to me.

nubbins
What the hell is the matter with you all??? There are so many people bashing Wrong Turn...the first time I seen it, I loved it.
When in the past 15 years has there been a good horror movie?
Was "The Ring" a good horror movie?
Was "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre", the remake a good horror movie?
Or maybe, "The Panic Room" scared you.
"Seven", what a pathetic joke, same with "Saw", (which I fell asleep through both).

"House of 1000 Corpses" was awesome. (Don't even mention the second one).

But, if you like messed up hillbillies killing people, and them actually showing it, and you like suspense, then "Wrong Turn" is a great movie!

What the hell makes a great horror movie for you??...oh, I know "Freddy vs. Jason".....come on.

cking
the first one was horrible, almost walked out on it.

papabeard

LaHaine
Originally posted by C-Dic

There's no way in hell that TCM would be as effective if it weren't so crudely shot on an 8mm camera.

i agree in your theory.

but TCM was shot on 16mm.

vintageSW77
...Wrong Rental as i prefer to call it.

TCM can NEVER be touched

deathbycorn
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/smokeysnaps/poster-1.jpg

deathbycorn
Taken from Ryan Nicholson's Blog (Writer/Director of Live Feed):

Some more news, the producers and director of "Wrong Turn II" came by my studio a couple of days ago. The director rules and the first thing he said to me was "Live Feed is gonna be wicked" ! I was like holy shit, you've heard about it? He was like "I saw the trailer, looks amazing!" That got me very ****ing excited about making the cannibalistic inbreds for his movie! The meeting went great and in the end, I get to do a test make-up on one of the actors to show my style and show that I AM THE MAN for the job. There's two other shops bidding on this gigantic build but my make-up will blow any other shops out of the mother****ing water! The gore in "Wrong Turn II" is massive. I read the script and was like holy mother****! Soooooo much of the red stuff, I hope I get the gig. My pal, Troy Nixey, legendary comic book artist, has designed a few concepts for me. A family portrait so to speak!

Pandemoniac
It wasn't really mentioned at the Oscars, but I liked the first despite it's obvious heritages. With a good crew they could make the sequel a nice 'couch-hanging popcorn dunking beer gobbling' nice saturday night rental. Nothing more, nothing less.

Darth Vicious

Thats the first thing I thought when i first watched it, The Xfiles episode(pretty good episode too). I was waiting for them to get their "ma" from under the bed too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.