Darth Vader runs the gauntlet!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gamblor
OT Vader

Where does he fall? Hour break after each match.

1) 5 Wookies armed with bowcasters
2) ROTJ Luke
3) Sera Keto
4) AotC Anakin
5) Uthar Wynn and Yuthura Ban
6) TPM Anakin and Obi-Wan
7) Darth Maul
8) Darth Bandon with two Sith Troopers
9) He makes it all the way!

damn, forgot to add a poll -_-

darthsith19
1) 5 Wookies armed with bowcasters - WTF Pwns them, just as he did in RODV
2) ROTJ Luke - He probably takes this, asuming that he's not cionflicted nor does Luke get really angry, like when they fought in ROTJ.
3) Sera Keto - He takes her after a little bit of a challenge.
4) AotC Anakin - Not any harder than Serra or Luke.
5) Uthar Wynn and Yuthura Ban - I dnow little of these two, but from what I just looked up I suspect they'd win quite easily.
6) TPM Anakin and Obi-Wan - WTF, TPM Anakin is a non-factor. Obi-Wan gets beaten easily.
7) Darth Maul - He only stand a 40% chance here. Maul's saber skills probably supress his by to much for Vader to deal with.
8) Darth Bandon with two Sith Troopers - Bandon isn't that strong but with the Troopers he'd win.
9) He makes it all the way! - No way.

Vader looses at 5.

furbys are evil
dude those two sith are in kotor as is bandon and in the game that I played they were as wimpy as c3po!

Wesker
They're alright sith, but the real danger here would be Maul and later Bandon.

Akechi Misuhide
I always liked Bandon's armor...

furbys are evil
maul would still kill bandon... but the troops make it more difficult

Akechi Misuhide
Originally posted by furbys are evil
maul would still kill bandon...

Um... proof?

Wesker
He has no proof.

Darth Kal-El
why the hell is TPM Anakin in there? Anyways, 8 stops him for sure.

Arker
He'd probably lose at 8.

Gamblor
TPM Anakin is a badass, that's why he's in.

Illustrious
TPM Anakin is "Teh ch0s3n 0n3!!!"

Only Artoo (and Nekkid Padme) can beat him.

Arker
Tcha.

When he says "Yippee!", is opponent's head explodes.

Fishy
He might die at 7 if not he's dead at 8.

PurpleSaber
Maybe it's just because I'm a Vader hater, but I think he loses at 4.

tdtd
I don't see Vader making it past Maul

Darth Traya
He could die at five, but we know little about them so...

If not, he dies at Maul. Vader simply does not have the agility nor th speed to deal with Maul repeatedly flurrying him...

Faunus
I can see him winning this. Maul and Bandon would be the only real competition for him, and the latter is the only one I see having a shot at taking him down.

Darth Traya
I'd say that Maul can take him. Maul is all about acrobatics and flipping around and Vader's forte firmly lies away from defending against that.

Akechi Misuhide
I have my doubts that he could take Bandon...

Darth Traya
Yeah, Maul and Bandon are fairly deadly to Vader because of Vader's lack of mobility.

If Vader manages to get past Maul, I can't see him getting by Bandon.

DarthBanevv
If he had 2 stormtroopers it would be more evenly matched at 8, but he doesn't so he loses for sure.

Darth Traya
I'm inclined to say that he would lose anyway.

Akechi Misuhide
Originally posted by DarthBanevv
If he had 2 stormtroopers it would be more evenly matched at 8, but he doesn't so he loses for sure.

What good are two stormtroopers against a Sith Lord?

Darth Traya
Well, Vader won't have much opportuinity to take them out. Bandon is very agressive and will probably launch himself at Vader straight away.

Akechi Misuhide
Originally posted by Darth Traya
Well, Vader won't have much opportuinity to take them out. Bandon is very agressive and will probably launch himself at Vader straight away.

I meant what good are two stormtoopers against Bandon.

Darth Traya
Not much, and Bandon can conceivably take them out, moreso than the chance of Vader doing the same thing in the opposite situation...

Guy LeDouche
Originally posted by Gamblor
OT Vader

Where does he fall? Hour break after each match.

1) 5 Wookies armed with bowcasters
2) ROTJ Luke
3) Sera Keto
4) AotC Anakin
5) Uthar Wynn and Yuthura Ban
6) TPM Anakin and Obi-Wan
7) Darth Maul
8) Darth Bandon with two Sith Troopers
9) He makes it all the way!

1. Pwn3d.
2. He beats him.
3. Owned.
4. Curbstomp.
5. Chokes Uthar, sabers Ban.
6. There is no word or phrase to describe how badly they get beat.
7. Vader uses his force powers to beat him, or snaps him arm in the first saber lock.
8. Beats Bandon with the Sith Troopers. With a little more difficulty than Maul.
9. Yes.

Akechi Misuhide
Originally posted by Guy LeDouche
1. Pwn3d.
2. He beats him.
3. Owned.
4. Curbstomp.
7. Vader uses his force powers to beat him, or snaps him arm in the first saber lock.
8. Beats Bandon with the Sith Troopers. With a little more difficulty than Maul.
9. Yes.

Yay! For Vader fanboyisim!

Darth Traya
1. Pwn3d.
2. He beats him.
3. Owned.
4. Curbstomp.
9. Yes.

"Once more the fanboys will rule the forum! And we shall have...threads."

Guy LeDouche
I'm a fanboy because Vader is good. Woot! Vader is good get over it. Really, growup.

Akechi Misuhide
I'm a fanboy because Vader is good. Woot! Vader is good get over it. Really, growup.

Vader sucks... get over it.

Guy LeDouche
If Vader was so bad, why did Sidious keep him? Why did Vader tool 3 respectable Knights and 1 respectable Master?

Akechi Misuhide
If Vader was so bad, why did Sidious keep him? Why did Vader tool 3 respectable Knights and 1 respectable Master?

1. Who else was Sidious gonna find? George Clooney?

2. WTF are you talking about?

Guy LeDouche
1. Just because all the Jedi are dead, it doesn't mean that there aren't any force-sensitives left. Think about the Emperors hands. They were powerful, but not as powerful as Vader. There was still lots of potential to find a new Sith apprentice, but Vader was the best.

2. Read up. The Rise of Darth Vader. He kills one Master and one Knight on Kashyyyk, and two more Knights at the temple.

Faunus
I'd say that Maul can take him. Maul is all about acrobatics and flipping around and Vader's forte firmly lies away from defending against that.

You've read DL Traya; you know that's not true. Vader's style is visibly very versatile, considering he attacks and defends in about half a dozen different ways during that last battle.

DarthBanevv
Originally posted by Akechi Misuhide
What good are two stormtroopers against a Sith Lord? This makes me laugh two Sith troopers are about as good as two Stormtroopers. I don't want to get into a discussion about that because he has no Stormtroopers anyways.

docb77

If not, he dies at Maul. Vader simply does not have the agility nor th speed to deal with Maul repeatedly flurrying him...

Actually they've already done this in the comics. Vader beat Maul, but it was very close and he won by skewering himself to get Maul.

Gamblor
A Tales comic, Infinity.

Really though, can Maul resist a Force Choke from someone 80% as powerful as freaking Sidious?

darthsith19
That's why when Vader fought the resurrected Maul Maul was beating him and then Vader barely won by stabbing his lightsaber through his own cyborg body, thus surprising Maul and nearly ending his own life. With only an hour to rest between each other battle I doubt he'd beat Maul, let alone beat him as easily as you say he would.

Have you read ROTV? If you had you'd know that Palpatine only planned to keep Vader until he could find a stronger apprentice.

Obviously you havn't read ROTV. He tooled two respedtable Knights and then after pwning them was barely able to beat the Master (he was losing the saber fight but then won due to his superior Force skills). And he doesn't tool Bol Chatak, she proves to be quite a chllange.

He couldn't but he wouldn't just stand there while Vader chokced him, he'd attack him with his saber.

Gamblor
When he's being choked? I've never seen anyone engage saber combat while being force gripped.

Anyways, he's just getting used to his suit in RODV. In Purge, he saber rapes two Jedi Knights instantly, then force pushes a Master across the room while engaging two other Masters and one Knight in saber combat.

darthsith19
When he's being choked? I've never seen anyone engage saber combat while being force gripped.

Who have you seen being Force gripped? Padme and some Imperial Officers?

Yes, and that's uncanon bullshit. Ask anyone else on here except Guy LeDouche, that is total bullshit, plus that happened before RODV and at the beginning of that book he had trouble against one respectable Knight.

Gamblor
Obi-Wan Kenobi, by Dooku.

Of course it's not canon, it's EU. It would be an infinity, if there were things that specifically contradicted it.

Darth243
Good grief ppl, must you all squabble over these petty matters? I ask is it worth it? Darth Vader is the shit (excuse my language) and I believe he is able to own all of the established gauntlet. and whats the deal with Darth Bandon, he is a glorified video game boss that could not beat vader period. with or without sith troopers. Heck, Vader would kill them outright with his mind then school bandon. And maul, yes i believe he was phenominal lightsaber wielder, but Vader would still kill him.

Gamblor
Just because Vader is the ultimate badass, and just because it would be satifying to watch him pwn everyone doesn't mean he's a combat God in EU continuity.

Darth243
acknowledged, Im not much on "EU" anyways

Darth Traya

Anyways, he's just getting used to his suit in RODV. In Purge, he saber rapes two Jedi Knights instantly, then force pushes a Master across the room while engaging two other Masters and one Knight in saber combat.

Erm, in purge he beats a rage filled Jedi who charges to him with her hand above her head. He then tosses one out of the way, and a Jedi gets a cortosis blade and shuts his lightsabre off. He then kills four incompetent Jedi with it, then he gets his ass handed to him by the remaining three and his hand cut off.

PurpleSaber
1. Just because all the Jedi are dead, it doesn't mean that there aren't any force-sensitives left. Think about the Emperors hands. They were powerful, but not as powerful as Vader. There was still lots of potential to find a new Sith apprentice, but Vader was the best.

Just because there are force-sensitives doesn't mean that they have a lot of potential. Vader was the best only because there wasn't really anyone to choose from. Vader had already been trained and so-forth, so he was obviously better than other force-sensitives. But he still sucked.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by darthsith19
Have you read ROTV? If you had you'd know that Palpatine only planned to keep Vader until he could find a stronger apprentice.

Yeah, just like every Sith ever. They are all looking for a more powerful apprentice. But, Sidious was not going to and did not find one. He had the whole united galaxy to choose from, but Vader was the best.

Gamblor
Erm, in purge he beats a rage filled Jedi who charges to him with her hand above her head. He then tosses one out of the way, and a Jedi gets a cortosis blade and shuts his lightsabre off. He then kills four incompetent Jedi with it, then he gets his ass handed to him by the remaining three and his hand cut off.

I'm talking about the beginning of the fight, right when he enters, when he kills the first two knights and tosses a master across the room, while engaging three other masters.

After that he kills one more Jedi, gets his blade shut off, snaps the girl's neck (who looked a bit too young to be a master, meh). Kills one more, get's hurt by the midget and the fat one, kills the hot headed one who betrays someone else, then gets caved in by three of them bringing down the cave...

Yeah, weird fight.

Darth Traya

I'm talking about the beginning of the fight, right when he enters, when he kills the first two knights and tosses a master across the room, while engaging three other masters.

After that he kills one more Jedi, gets his blade shut off, snaps the girl's neck (who looked a bit too young to be a master, meh). Kills one more, get's hurt by the midget and the fat one, kills the hot headed one who betrays someone else, then gets caved in by three of them bringing down the cave...

Yeah, weird fight.

Well, he was effectively pwned by the Jedi. If the stormtroopers hadn't came in, he would have died.

But he was able to take them on with some skill.

darthsith19
Yeah, but he couldn't do anything, he was being held in midair.

Well, RODV does.

He had a galaxy to run. he had no time to train an apprentice from an infant, like he did with Maul.

Gamblor

And what's stopping Vader from doing the same? Being 80% of OT Sidious grants you immense force powers.

Well, RODV does.

It takes place right after RODV. By this time he would be a bit more used to the suit.

And remember, this OT Vader has an extra 20 years of Sith training.

He had a galaxy to run. he had no time to train an apprentice from an infant, like he did with Maul.

Maybe not, but he still left most of the governing to the Moffs, the Admirals and Vader. He devoted alot of his time to the Dark Side, considering he wrote three huge Dark Side encyclopedias. And he also supervised and trained these Dark Jedi:

(kudos to Darth_Glentract)

Gwellib Ap-Llewff, Dark Side Adept of the Imperial Citadel
Argor, Lesser Prophet of the Dark Side
Boc Aseca, Dark Jedi
Picaroon C. Boodle, Dark Jedi
Brakiss, Apprentice Inquisitor
Adalric Cessius Brandl, High Inquisitor
Jaalib Brandl, Apprentice Inquisitor
Shira Ellan Colla Brie, Emperor's Hand
Joruus C'baoth, Guardian of Wayland
The Cloaked Figure, Lesser Prophet of the Dark Side
The Constable of Homunculi, Clone Keeper
Cronal, Lesser Prophet of the Dark Side/Emperor's Hand
Sa Cuis, Emperor's Hand
Ameesa Darys, Inquisitor
Nial Declann, Grand Admiral
Drayneen, Inquisitor
Jeng Droga, Emperor's Hand
Durrei, Dark Jedi
Baddon Fass, Dark Side Elite
Flint, Stormtrooper
Vill Goir, Dark Side Elite
Gorc, Dark Jedi
Gornash, Lesser Prophet of the Dark Side
Kvag Gthull, Dark Side Elite
Halmere, High Inquisitor
Hethrir, Imperial Procurator of Justice
Roganda Ismaren, Emperor's Hand
Mara Jade, Emperor's Hand
Shela Jalahafi, Dark Side Adept
Teles Jalahafi, Dark Side Adept
Carnor Jax, Imperial Sovereign Protector
Jedgar, High Prophet of the Dark Side
Jerec, Inquisitor/Emperor's Hand
Kadann, Supreme Prophet of the Dark Side
Zasm Katth, Dark Side Elite
Danaan Kerr, Dark Jedi
Vess Kogo, Emperor's Hand
Arden Lyn, Emperor's Hand
Malorum, Inquisitor
Maw, Dark Jedi
Merilli, Lesser Prophetess of the Dark Side
Krdys Mordi, Dark Side Elite
Morthul, Dark Jedi
Nefta, Dark Side Adept of the Byss Clone Vats
Xecr Nist, Dark Side Elite
Quarmall, Dark Jedi
Sarcev Quest, Emperor's Hand
Loam Redge, Inquisitor
Rillao, Dark Jedi
Sa-Di, Dark Side Adept of the Byss Clone Vats
Sancor, Inquisitor
Sariss, Lesser Prophetess of the Dark Side
Sedriss, Dark Side Elite
Shynne, Inquisitor
Mox Slosin, High Inquisitor
Kam Solusar, Dark Side Elite
Maarek Stele, Emperor's Reach/Emperor's Hand
Tedryn-Sha, Dark Side Elite
Savuud Thimram, Dark Side Adept of the Imperial Citadel
T'iaz, Dark Jedi
Laddinare Torbin, Grand Inquisitor
Tremayne, High Inquisitor
Vost Tyne, Admiral
Valytar, Inquisitor
Vialco, Apprentice Inquisitor
Yun, Dark Jedi

And Vader was a big bit above all of them. Granted, they might not have been powerful than the "uberhero" tier characters (Obi-Wan, Anakin, Mace, Yoda, Dooku, Sidious), they were Dark Jedi.

jollyjim311

Maybe not, but he still left most of the governing to the Moffs, the Admirals and Vader. He devoted alot of his time to the Dark Side, considering he wrote three huge Dark Side encyclopedias. And he also supervised and trained these Dark Jedi:

Boc Aseca, Dark Jedi
Sa Cuis, Emperor's Hand
Ameesa Darys, Inquisitor
Drayneen, Inquisitor
Durrei, Dark Jedi
Flint, Stormtrooper
Gorc, Dark Jedi
Halmere, High Inquisitor
Danaan Kerr, Dark Jedi
Malorum, Inquisitor
Maw, Dark Jedi
Morthul, Dark Jedi
Quarmall, Dark Jedi
Loam Redge, Inquisitor
Rillao, Dark Jedi
Sancor, Inquisitor
Sedriss, Dark Side Elite
Shynne, Inquisitor
T'iaz, Dark Jedi
Vost Tyne, Admiral
Valytar, Inquisitor
Yun, Dark Jedi

And Vader was a big bit above all of them. Granted, they might not have been powerful than the "uberhero" tier characters (Obi-Wan, Anakin, Mace, Yoda, Dooku, Sidious), they were Dark Jedi.

Sidious had plenty of time, but no one better than Vader, thanks for the list, Gamblor (and Glentract, as I take it).

darthsith19
Well, if he could have he would have when they fought in EU.

It takes place before RODV.

And (in ANH, anyways) had just got his suit fixed after getting injured by Maul.

Okay, then none were stronger than Vader, but the point is Palpatine still never planned to keep him.

Wesker
Vadur pwnz al lol!!!!111ONEONE

Lok at teh pwn4g3!111

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6712/saburgodvadur2qp.jpg

Gamblor
Well, if he could have he would have when they fought in EU.

Uh, when?

It takes place before RODV.

According to TFN, a generally reliable site, it takes place after RODV

http://www.theforce.net/comics/darkhorse/cp_purge.asp

And (in ANH, anyways) had just got his suit fixed after getting injured by Maul.

I didn't know Tales were part of the EU Continuity. I thought they were infinities.

Okay, then none were stronger than Vader, but the point is Palpatine still never planned to keep him.

Why not though? Vader worked out perfectly for him: He would never be more powerful than Sidious, but he'll be powerful enough to mop up the remaining Jedi and inspire fear throughout the Galaxy.

PurpleSaber

And what's stopping Vader from doing the same? Being 80% of OT Sidious grants you immense force powers.

Well, RODV does.

It takes place right after RODV. By this time he would be a bit more used to the suit.

And remember, this OT Vader has an extra 20 years of Sith training.

Boc Aseca, Dark Jedi
Sa Cuis, Emperor's Hand
Ameesa Darys, Inquisitor
Drayneen, Inquisitor
Durrei, Dark Jedi
Flint, Stormtrooper
Gorc, Dark Jedi
Halmere, High Inquisitor
Danaan Kerr, Dark Jedi
Malorum, Inquisitor
Maw, Dark Jedi
Morthul, Dark Jedi
Quarmall, Dark Jedi
Loam Redge, Inquisitor
Rillao, Dark Jedi
Sancor, Inquisitor
Sedriss, Dark Side Elite
Shynne, Inquisitor
T'iaz, Dark Jedi
Vost Tyne, Admiral
Valytar, Inquisitor
Yun, Dark Jedi

I think that Joruus was more powerful than Vader.

darthsith19
Uh, that cmoci they fight in. They fight on Tatioone just before (maybe even during) ANH. Vader thinks that the Stolen Death Star Plans are there, goes there, and is attacked by Maul. He is losing but then wins by stabbing his lightsaber through his own cyborg body, which nearly kills himself.

Except Commander Appo is in that comic. Unfortunately, he dies in ROTV, meaning the Comic Book had to have taken place first, when Appo was still alive.

idk.

Because "Palpatine wanted a strionger apprentice, which he found in Luke" (GL's words).

Gamblor
I think that Joruus was more powerful than Vader.

He was powerful but not on Vader's level. He only really excelled at Battle Meditation

Except Commander Appo is in that comic. Unfortunately, he dies in ROTV, meaning the Comic Book had to have taken place first, when Appo was still alive.

Ah, I see. Well, there is the unlikely possibility that Purge takes place in RODV, after Alderaan and before Kashyyk...

Uh, that cmoci they fight in. They fight on Tatioone just before (maybe even during) ANH. Vader thinks that the Stolen Death Star Plans are there, goes there, and is attacked by Maul. He is losing but then wins by stabbing his lightsaber through his own cyborg body, which nearly kills himself.

Yeah, I think those comics are infinities. Vader would never ever return to Tatooine anyways.

darthsith19
Yikes, if it does it's total bs since in Purge Vader takes out what? Eight Jedi Masters at once yet is about on par with one Jedi Master at the end of ROTV?

Why not? If it was for the Empire he would.

Oh, my bad, I guess they fought in Kalakar Six. It took place in a comic called Resurrection.

Gamblor
Yikes, if it does it's total bs since in Purge Vader takes out what? Eight Jedi Masters at once yet is about on par with one Jedi Master at the end of ROTV?

Well, maybe this Knight was some sort of exceptionel Jedi? A prodigy in making? And these Masters in purge were normal? Seems like a viable explanation if these two are to co-exist.

Darth Traya
Originally posted by darthsith19

Why not? If it was for the Empire he would.

Oh, my bad, I guess they fought in Kalakar Six. It took place in a comic called Resurrection.

Did you read Purge!? He only manages to survive because of a cortosis blade that he wields, and then he gets WTFpwned by the remaining Jedi.

darthsith19
The Jedi he had troulbe with at the end of RODV is Roan Shryne, and he's not exceptional, he has good saber skills but is weak with the Force. Overall perhaps a little stronger than the avg. master but by no means exceptional. And in Purge he killed Bultar Swan, who is probably about equal to Shryne. And he killed someone with a Force Push. Seriously, what a load of crap.

He kills someone with a Force Push. And no, I didn't read it, but that right there tells you how bs it is.

Fishy
Well you should read it because he doesn't kill anybody with a force push... The first few seconds of the fight make him look impressive but after that he isn't anymore, he does beat one Jedi in a second and pushes another one away, but after that he basically gets beaten, if it wasn't for the stormtroopers and for one of the Jedi betraying the others to try and kill Vader he would have been dead or captured...

Darth Subjekt
I think he could win it. Maul is quick, but stupid. Vader is more powerful as far as physical strength and overall force power. Vader is a much smarter fighter and thats why he lasts longer. Maul got killed by a padawan OB1, whereas, Vader(although human) took OB1 at his prime and only lost due to a stupid choice, which im sure he learned from. I dont think Maul's quickness would be much of a match for Vader's overall prowess. Maul would be overwhelmed when he isnt getting clse enough to Vader. Vader would be hurling things at him and cutting him down while Maul would be attempting to block. Baron I cant say cause i dont know who he is, but from what other people have said, Vader gets by him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.