Computer Lagging...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mišt
Lately my PC has been lagging like crap in games and stuff, even in MSN sometimes. I've done all the virus scans and defragged the harddrive and everything but its still running slow.

Any idea what could be doing it?

Dumbledore>all
Try disconnecting your modem box then reconnecting it. Maybe its overheating or you just need to reset your box anyway. Thats what I have to do here when im starting to get a bad connection from my isp. Hope that helps a bit.

Lana
He says it's his computer lagging, not his internet.

Dumbledore>all
Oh if your pcs lagging its probaly because you have too much spyware on your PC. It slows you down. I would advise getting ad-aware 6.0. It removes spyware and other things that slow you down like tracking cookies.

Lana
.....he also said he scanned it.

And Ad-aware is crap.

Tptmanno1
I use Adaware and Spybot at the same time, then finish it up with some AVG, usually does the trick...
Actually I'm due for that now...

Lana
Well I'll warn you - I've had Ad-Aware and AVG miss a TON of stuff before. That's how my computer died.

I have Microsoft Anti-spyware (or whatever they call it now) and McAffee and it's fine.

Mist -- have you checked the processes to be sure there wasn't stuff running? Though usually if there was something there that shouldn't be it'd most likely be a virus or spyware.....hmmm.

BakaXero
was using adaware... didn't really get rid of the problems i was looking for.
i just got stopzilla. and BAM!! suddenly the problems gone no expression

Mišt
Originally posted by Lana

Mist -- have you checked the processes to be sure there wasn't stuff running? Though usually if there was something there that shouldn't be it'd most likely be a virus or spyware.....hmmm.

Yep, I close down all the useless crap I dont need like Spyware Doc and stuff when Im playing games and the dodgy stuff like iTunesInstaller...wtf is that? blink Still lagging..

Im downloading new drivers for my video card now, could just be the card needs an update or something.

eggmayo
Delete some stuff. And get rid of that iTunesInstaller.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.