ROTS Obi-Wan vs. Jacen Solo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Kal-El
Current version of Jacen against Obi-wan. On Felucia.

Wesker
Hm. In a saber fight I don't see Jacen winning. But that could just be me.

Darth Kal-El
Both Force and lightsaber skills.

Wesker
Can Jacen take Obi-Wan out before Obi closes the distance?

darthsith19
Jacen easily. Didn't he save Luke, using Luke's lightsaber, when he was 2?

Wesker
And TPM Annie blew up a Trade Federation ship at 10. That doesn't mean he'll beat Plo Koon in a dogfight.

Darth Kal-El
Originally posted by Wesker
And TPM Annie blew up a Trade Federation ship at 10. That doesn't mean he'll beat Plo Koon in a dogfight. he blew up the trade federation ship and won the pod race. zOMGz! HE CAN DEFEAT SAESEE TIIN, DESTROY THE DEATH STAR, AND DESTROY THE SECOND DEATH STAR!

Fishy
He probably could destroy the Death Star... I mean if Luke can do it..

JaehSkywalker
yes

DarthBanevv
Obi-Wan would win. Jacen doesn't get very powerful until young Jedi knights. And wasn't truly powerful until the NJO. He would lose because Obi-Wan has been training for years and is more powerful don't know by how much though.

Guy LeDouche
Anakin was the best starfighter pilot in the Galaxy then.

DarthBanevv
What the hell does this have to do with Anakin?

Guy LeDouche
I don't know, Wesker brought it up.

DarthBanevv
Oh, now I see your point. And Guy He was talking about TPM Anakin against Plo Koon.

docb77
Originally posted by DarthBanevv
Obi-Wan would win. Jacen doesn't get very powerful until young Jedi knights. And wasn't truly powerful until the NJO. He would lose because Obi-Wan has been training for years and is more powerful don't know by how much though.

I think the first post said current Jacen Solo, that would be DN wouldn't it. The way the authors at the end of NJO and DN wrote him, close to being as powerful as Luke. of course, maybe that's just how I read it.

If Obi wan wins, it's because Jacen was wasting time pondering the will of the force while Obi actually did something.

DarthBanevv
I doubt Jacen is close to Luke, because in his second encounter with a Yuuzhn Vong warrior he losses miserably. Wheras Luke uses Jacen's lightsaber and his own to kill the Yuuzhan Vong in mere seconds. I mean how could he go from that to as powerful as Luke? I still believe Obi-Wan would win.

Blaxican_Jedi
Dude anakin didn't even blow up the trae federation ship. The ship was on autop-pilot. And he accidently fired the proton torpedos stead of lifting off.

DarthBanevv
Originally posted by Blaxican_Jedi
Dude anakin didn't even blow up the trae federation ship. The ship was on autop-pilot. And he accidently fired the proton torpedos stead of lifting off. Exactly. The only time he really showed any skills in TPM is the Podrace.

Guy LeDouche
And being the best Starpilot in the Galaxy.

docb77
Originally posted by DarthBanevv
I doubt Jacen is close to Luke, because in his second encounter with a Yuuzhn Vong warrior he losses miserably. Wheras Luke uses Jacen's lightsaber and his own to kill the Yuuzhan Vong in mere seconds. I mean how could he go from that to as powerful as Luke? I still believe Obi-Wan would win.

Yeah, he was kind of a weenie then, but keep reading, he gets captured by the vong, and "trained" by vergere, after that he starts getting crazy powerful. Heck, in DN they basically said that he couldn't be controlled by the killiks because of the things he'd learned.

Originally posted by Guy LeDouche
And being the best Starpilot in the Galaxy.

LOL!! I never laughed when Obi-Wan said that until after I saw TPM.

Darth_Glentract
Wow, Banevv, as far as NJO and DN books go you don't know jack.

You're saying Jacen sucks because he lost to some Yuuzhan Vong when it was what, maybe his third year of Jedi training? The current version is DN Jacen, who can create force shields to protect himself and others from blaster fire and he can make totally life-like illusions of himself that can fool even Jedi. Jacen got really powerful in Traitor and then gained a huge amount of power again during his five years of self exile.

DN Jacen pwns Obi-wan in both force combat and lightsaber combat. Jacen could likely give Dooku a hard time at this point.

Faunus
I'm guessing Jacen, after a hard fight. He managed to stave off and kill a few Slayers on his own, and nearly killed Vergere and a squad of Vong with a blast of Force lightning. He'd certainly have some difficulty, but I can see him winning this.

Darth Kal-El
Originally posted by Blaxican_Jedi
Dude anakin didn't even blow up the trae federation ship. The ship was on autop-pilot. And he accidently fired the proton torpedos stead of lifting off. r2 set it on manual. rewatch the movie w/captions on and volume up high

Arker
How strong exactly is Jacen?

Darth Kal-El
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Wow, Banevv, as far as NJO and DN books go you don't know jack.

You're saying Jacen sucks because he lost to some Yuuzhan Vong when it was what, maybe his third year of Jedi training? The current version is DN Jacen, who can create force shields to protect himself and others from blaster fire and he can make totally life-like illusions of himself that can fool even Jedi. Jacen got really powerful in Traitor and then gained a huge amount of power again during his five years of self exile.

DN Jacen pwns Obi-wan in both force combat and lightsaber combat. Jacen could likely give Dooku a hard time at this point.

DarthBanevv
Originally posted by docb77
Yeah, he was kind of a weenie then, but keep reading, he gets captured by the vong, and "trained" by vergere, after that he starts getting crazy powerful. Heck, in DN they basically said that he couldn't be controlled by the killiks because of the things he'd learned.

LOL!! I never laughed when Obi-Wan said that until after I saw TPM. Anakin's piloting skills did greatly increase in The Clone Wars volume one space battle. Alsoi in RotS he wasn't so bad. Also I know he gets powerful but seriously, Obi-Wan had years of trainingh he wasn't the best but he wasn't the worst either. He could've taken down Jacen. I know Jacen is powerful but in all reality the NJO only spans a few years. He would not have became as powerful as Obi-wan. I know Obi-Wan isn't very powerful but I think RotS Obi-wan could beat him. I never said he sucks, I just said in DN he still isn't very close to Luke in powr.

carthage
Some great arguments on the first page

Kosmos Supreme
What does current jacen solo mean.

gideongarner01

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.