Spider-girl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DPFW16
Hello all you Spider-man fans out there!
I'm new to this site, but I wanted to get on to tell you we need your help! I've been a longtime fan of Spider-man up until the rebooting of the series. I now read back issues and I read SPIDER-GIRL.
If you're not aware, SPIDER-GIRL is based off of What If #105 where they asked "what if Peter and MJ's baby had lived?"
SPIDER-GIRL is a GREAT read. It has a very old-school feeling. It is fun and entertaining. Unfortunately, Marvel is planning to cancel SPIDER-GIRL after #100 this August! This would be such a shame!
I urge you to give SPIDER-GIRL a try. If you've got three extra bucks, pick up a copy. You might enjoy it! And, if enough people get the word out and/or pick up a copy, it might not be cancelled!
At least flip through it when you're in the comic store next time... Like I said, you might really enjoy it!
On behalf of the entire community of Spider-girl fans, any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

spencerspider
welcome man, I never really have looked at Spidergirl but there are a good bit of people on here who do.

H. S. 6
The Spider-Girl comics are entirely thin and boring. It deserves to be cancelled, but I do feel sorry for the fans out there. erm

freezedoom
Yeah!!!
Let Spider-Girl be cancelled, she isn't any where
as good as Arana and Batgirl and Supergirl.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by freezedoom
Yeah!!!
Let Spider-Girl be cancelled, she isn't any where
as good as Arana and Batgirl and Supergirl.

If that is a joke than its very funny. hehe

DPFW16
I'm glad some people are looking at the post and replying. I appreciate that!
I'm not sure how people can complain about the style not being Marvel-like. In fact, I think it's closer to what Lee and Ditko were doing so many years ago than most of the current Marvel titles.
SPIDER-GIRL isn't drawn out. There isn't discontinuity or character re-workings. Those are some of the things that have popped up in Spider-man and other titles lately and the reason I gave up on them.
Obviously my opnion isn't unbiased, but I feel Spider-girl is more Marvel than most of Marvel's books these days. Just a thought.

Next Venom_girl
I agree, I think Spider-girl is one of the best Spider-titles out there right now. It deals with serious issues, its true to the "church of Spidey", its funny, doesn't have any of that "spider totem crap" and has some cool symbiote action.
They'd better not cancel it. *shakes fist*

Spideys Sister
I love Spidergirl. I'm more seriously into Spiderman but knowing the legacy is being passed on is Great.

Symbiotica
Originally posted by H. S. 6
The Spider-Girl comics are entirely thin and boring. It deserves to be cancelled, but I do feel sorry for the fans out there. erm

This series has dodged the final bullet twice now, I think, and this time is going to be the charm. It's over.

I don't see what all the raving is about, myself, but a few people seem really rabid about it. It's not for me.

Now if they'll JUST cancel Arana - perhaps the stupidest, most useless book Marvel has ever put out, and one that really, truly deserves the axe - I'll be really happy.

Arahan
I would be more happy abre Spider-Woman than Spider-Girl or Arana. Both suck.

Give me more Jessica smile

Valharu
Im a bit out of the loop with this whole spiderman upgrade thing. I hear everybodies getting amped. Can someone please explain whats going on?

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by Arahan
I would be more happy abre Spider-Woman than Spider-Girl or Arana. Both suck.

Give me more Jessica smile I like them all but Spiderwomans Costumes not appeling. She needs a extrme superhero makeover!

doctorstrongbad
They need some better ideas, the stories aren't very interesting.

Goldentooth13
There is a spidergirl? wow i didnt know that.....they should make a movie big grin

Spideys Sister
That's what I always say.

redcaped
Good Virginity Webbing.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Goldentooth13
There is a spidergirl? wow i didnt know that.....they should make a movie big grin

Or... maybe not.

littleredhat
Hi I'm the new girl.

I recently bought the first GF and loved it.

Its nice to see a super hero book that doesn't get too preachy and emo.

DPFW16
Hi all,
Me again- one last time.
I just thought I'd pass on the good news to anyone still checking out this thread....

SPIDER-GIRL is saved!! It will be relaunched as "The Amazing Spider-girl" in October.

You should seriously think about checking out! I think it's worthwhile.

freezedoom
Originally posted by DPFW16
Hi all,
Me again- one last time.
I just thought I'd pass on the good news to anyone still checking out this thread....

SPIDER-GIRL is saved!! It will be relaunched as "The Amazing Spider-girl" in October.

You should seriously think about checking out! I think it's worthwhile.

Comic Book Guy: Worst spinoff ever!!!

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by DPFW16
Hi all,
Me again- one last time.

You should seriously think about checking out! I think it's worthwhile. YES!!! WOO!

Now, if only we could get Stan the man to look at my character... then all will be well in the marvel world.

H. S. 6
I thought it was being cancelled.

How...?

Dan-El
They better start coming up with some better storylines. I kind of trailed off after the issue with the battle with Stark's bodyguard.

But yeah, Amazing Spider-Girl... At least she's becoming more the superhero...

Dan-El
Originally posted by Goldentooth13

I want to make a fan film. I know someone who'd be pretty good to play May, but I don't know if she can act. Plus she lives in Texas.

And since Pete and MJ are in their 40s, I'd have to deal with old people. I don't like dealing with old people...

Spideys Sister
I can play her best friend... but I klive in NYC... Aww..

Dan-El
You want to play Courtney? lol, Why?!

Spideys Sister
Cause I'm black. smile nuff said. laughing out loud If I can't seriously be in the movie as a main character better some than none, right. smile

Dan-El
Oh, you're thinkin Davida Kirby!!! I was thinking about the fat chick that dates Moose Mansfield.

Spideys Sister
It's been almost 3 months since I last read the Spidergirl comic I have... It's somewhere in my room and I don't wanna go looking for it so you have to work with me.

Dan-El
Sorry, big loser here. Back to the Amazing Spider-Girl this October, I hope May's off to college with this one. I've been waiting for her to grow up a bit (no offense).

Spideys Sister
I thought she was a sophmore like her dad.

steverules
yay it's still alive

Spideys Sister
Hey, you know I'm celebrating.

symbiosis
I know that the Venom symbiote has made quite a few appearances in Spider-Girl but has she ever encountered Carnage or the Carnage Symbiote???

Spideys Sister
Felicity Hardy is as close to Carnage as we got with her becoming a chic scarlet spider. But no we'll leave carnage for Amazing Spidergirl.

DPFW16
Originally posted by symbiosis
I know that the Venom symbiote has made quite a few appearances in Spider-Girl but has she ever encountered Carnage or the Carnage Symbiote???

No, no encounters with the Carnage symbiote.
If you like the Venom symbiote, you should check out Spider-girl #100 (assuming you haven't done so already). Also, the Venom symbiote had a good 3 part story starting around issue 82 and was featured off and on starting from 82 on to 100.
(Just a heads up since you were talking about symbiotes)

Spideys Sister
Just got SPG #100 today. LOVED it.
Normie is teamed up with Kaine. Yeah that's right Kaine! Anywho, the original Hobgolblin kills SPG and Normie gives her the symbite to save her. love so sweet. So anyway her and her dad fight HG and she looses Venom.. After it all Normie and Brenda get married Venoms REALLY dead this time and MJ is Positive she doesn't want May Peter or Ben to be a Spider anything ever again.
Came with some great extra episodes and a sneak peek of Amazing SPG #1s cover.

Dan-El
Originally posted by Spideys Sister
Just got SPG #100 today. LOVED it.
Normie is teamed up with Kaine. Yeah that's right Kaine! Anywho, the original Hobgolblin kills SPG and Normie gives her the symbite to save her. love so sweet. So anyway her and her dad fight HG and she looses Venom.. After it all Normie and Brenda get married Venoms REALLY dead this time and MJ is Positive she doesn't want May Peter or Ben to be a Spider anything ever again.
Came with some great extra episodes and a sneak peek of Amazing SPG #1s cover.

Issue, not episode big grin

Spideys Sister
Still hotness. Tell me you read that. I love that comic. Can't stop reading it. smile

Arahan
Spider-Girl is going on? I dont like alternate realities.
I dont like Spider-Girl at all but ok for the fans out there
it is surely great.

Dan-El
Originally posted by Arahan
Spider-Girl is going on? I dont like alternate realities.
I dont like Spider-Girl at all but ok for the fans out there
it is surely great.

Not really and alternate reality, more of a possible future.

I've been out of the loop for too long. Have to back track. I think I stopped after the Spider Shoppe issue.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Dan-El
Not really and alternate reality, more of a possible future.

I've been out of the loop for too long. Have to back track. I think I stopped after the Spider Shoppe issue.

But isn't Spider-Girl supposed to be the baby that Mary Jane had during the Clone Saga, if it survived? confused

Spideys Sister
No that one died I think. May was born two years before Pete had his leg blown off.... They really need to put years in here.

Dan-El
But isn't Spider-Girl supposed to be the baby that Mary Jane had during the Clone Saga, if it survived? confused May is that child, but there were also hints that it was kidnapped by Allison Mongraine. Therefore, seeing as we know not how time passes in the 616 universe, Spider-Girl is a possible future.

Spideys Sister
Well with the Civil War the MC2 Universe is close bu6t not a future version of the 616 Universe.

DPFW16
But isn't Spider-Girl supposed to be the baby that Mary Jane had during the Clone Saga, if it survived? confused

You are correct. During "Revelations", we're told that MJ and Pete's baby died. However, we have that mysterious "package" that Alison Mongraine (sp?) delivered to Norman Osborn (who then told her to take care of it). As far as I know, we were never told what that package was.
So, Spider-girl is based on the idea: "what if the baby had not died". In other words: "what if that package was baby May". Spider-girl is the baby if she had survived.
So, you are right.

Spideys Sister
It is mentioned in Spidergirl#0 That May new Norman was planning to have her kidnapped. Is that what you're talking about?

Arahan

DPFW16

DPFW16
Originally posted by Spideys Sister
It is mentioned in Spidergirl#0 That May new Norman was planning to have her kidnapped. Is that what you're talking about?

I could be wrong, but I don't see how May knew Norman was planning to kidnap her... she was just born. Are you saying she's psychic? (I'm not trying to criticize you, I'm honestly confused).

Spideys Sister

Sea King
i like both spider-girl and batman beyond so i thought this would be kool to post

Spideys Sister
Awww

Arahan
Actually I was trying to say that I like your Avatar.
May be I used the wrong words to express myself,
I am sorry my English isnt that good.

Still I dont like Spider-Girl stick out tongue

Spideys Sister
Oh... okay then. smile

DPFW16
Hello all,
For those of you unaware, "Spider-girl" will be back on the shelves starting in early October!
They're starting off with "Amazing Spider-girl" #0 which will be a recap of everything that's happened the past 100 issues. THIS IS A GREAT WAY TO INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO SPIDER-GIRL. "Amazing Spider-girl" #1 will be out a few weeks after #0.
Check out:

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0609/27/marvelfirsts.htm

I'd recommend you check out "Spider-girl". It's not for everyone, but you might be surprised by how much you like it. I'm kinda biased, though (it's the only comic I read).

Grimm22
Im going to start picking up Spider-Girl's series once it relaunches.

However it seems like Mayday is going to be brought to the 616 universe.

Makes sense if you ask me. She's a good character, but I hate the MC2 universe

DPFW16
Originally posted by Grimm22
Im going to start picking up Spider-Girl's series once it relaunches.

However it seems like Mayday is going to be brought to the 616 universe.

Makes sense if you ask me. She's a good character, but I hate the MC2 universe

I didn't hear this about Mayday coming over to the 616! What? Are you referring to the return of baby May or is it some kind of cross over? Fill me in!

Also, out of curiosity- how come you don't like the MC2? I'm not criticizing you or anything... you're entitled to your opinion. I'm just curious why.

DPFW16
Hello!
I just wanted to give a heads-up as I've done in the past.... Spider-girl lives!!
"The Amazing Spider-girl" #1 is out on the shelves as of this past Wed. (10/18). Amazing Spider-girl #0 came out about two weeks ago.

If you like the Silver Age Spidey story telling, you might enjoy Spider-girl!

Like I said, just a heads-up. Take care!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.