Marvel Superhero Tag Team Tournament! Round 1, Fight 1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Marcus4600
Rules:
No flying, No leaving the Arena. No projectiles. Strictly grappling and fist fighting. Factors that will come into play are fighting skill, speed, agility, reflexes, and so forth.

Arena setup is as such: Crimson Bands of Cyttorak line the outside of the ring, and the ring itself is made of thick adamantium, but the ropes are made of some stretchy substance that can't break.

The first fight is Thing and Colossus vs Iron Man and War Machine.

The poll ends after 1 day.

Wally West
No flying and no projectiles? Its clobberin' time!

Marcus4600
^ I think that War Machine and Iron Man should be able to hold their own in this, but it's a good fight nonetheless.

Blair Wind
with out the projectiles the brawlers have a much greater advantage....

Wally West
I'm really surprised Ironman & War Machine are winning this one under these conditions...can their regular suits keep them around class 100 strength indefinatly or would it start to drain the power in their suits? Because unless they can keep it up constantly, with no other toys to rely on, they are going down.

Marcus4600
Iron Man and War Machine have tangoed with Namor and held their own before, and fight guys like Colossus and Ben before. These two teams all have had fights with each other, so I figured it would be good.

TheKahn
Thing and Colossus wins. Initially this would be a stalemate as neither side can really do much physical damage to the other. However the Thing and colossus can exert themselves for days at a time and not grow tired while WM and IM cannot. After a few hours of intense combat they would begin to noticeable tire thereby taking more and more shots from the brawlers. Eventually Thing and Colossus would just wear them down, imo.

Blair Wind
Oh I mean ya they do good in fights, but what puts them on top is their projectiles. Without it the other two are more likely to win.

Marcus4600
We need more votes here folks! Right now it's a stalemate!

JOE NUNEZ
eventually the suits would get damaged.

outarddwarf
Ben and Colossus take it.

Tulika
The Thing is a joke nowadays and I'm sure that if the suits can be exerted to perform at class 100, they too can knock out Thing with a hit or two, just like every other bigger feller. Colossus is more of a problem, but he's alone in the fight in no time at all. Iron man and Warmachine can pull it trhough, 6/10.

leonidas
no weapons? is that what you mean by projectiles? if it's just h2h it would be close but this is ben and peter's specialty and they would take it after a while. there's a scan of namor ripping off im's helmet in the sf v scoob thread. that's a possibility i suppose.

if they get their weapons they will.

Marcus4600
Anyone else?

GODSCRIBE
grappling?

what?

Ben rips Tony's helmet off and crushes his head like a coconut.

Colossus bear hugs Rhode's suit, with him being crushed under the sheer force.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.