Random Important Question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

-hh-
this is a bit random, but does anyone know the pH level for distilled white vinegar

how acidic is it?

Hit_and_Miss
10.2ph last time I checked...

Morgoths_Wrath
very acidic

-hh-
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
10.2ph last time I checked... 10.2??? you sure, thats not acidic

shaber
I would imagine it would be around 2? erm You are aware that PH7 is neutral, above is ALKALI and BELOW is acidic?

-hh-
Originally posted by shaber
I would imagine it would be around 2? erm You are aware that PH7 is neutral, above is ALKALI and BELOW is acidic? yea im aware of that, that's why i was suprised when he said 10.2

is it equivalent to the pH level of stomach acid? if so, isn't distilled white vinegar bad for the teeth?

shaber
You could probably find the PH of stomach acid on wikipedia.

The integers for acids are not evenly spaced. There is a much larger gap between 2 and 3 than there is between 3 and 4, 4 and 5, 5and 6.

Car battery acid is 0.

-hh-
Originally posted by shaber
You could probably find the PH of stomach acid on wikipedia.

The integers for acids are not evenly spaced. There is a much larger gap between 2 and 3 than there is between 3 and 4, 4 and 5, 5and 6.

Car battery acid is 0. so...it's close to stomach acid correct? wont be exact...

-hh-
"gastric acid is 2-3 in the stomach lumen"

wikipedia^

yea it's close enough

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by -hh-
yea im aware of that, that's why i was suprised when he said 10.2

is it equivalent to the pH level of stomach acid? if so, isn't distilled white vinegar bad for the teeth?

stomach acid is about 1 or 2, and vinegar is around 2 or 3

and yes, it's bad for your teeth, but then again so is lemon juice (2) and beer (3)

eggmayo
this is a bit random, but does anyone know the pH level for distilled white vinegar

how acidic is it?

Use lime, rather than acid. roll eyes (sarcastic)

-hh-
no expression

jaden101
to be exact...it's 4.76

-hh-
Originally posted by jaden101
to be exact...it's 4.76 source?

jaden101
source?

my own brain...altough i apologise that i cant provide a link...at least not with existing technology

wikipedia agrees

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetic_acid

its in the properties list at the side under acidity pKa

-hh-
my own brain...altough i apologise that i cant provide a link...at least not with existing technology

wikipedia agrees

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetic_acid

its in the properties list at the side under acidity pKa shit so it's not close to stomach acid erm

edit: i checked the link, it's only for vinegar, not distilled white vinegar

jaden101
shit so it's not close to stomach acid erm

stomach acids between 1 and 2 and is dependant on the bodies homeostasis and is hydrochloric

the difference primarily being that stomach acid is a strong acid and concentrated ethananoic acid is a weak acid

the difference between strong and weak is how they dissociate in water...this means at the rate they give off hyrdogen ions...and whether or not equilibria are set up

HCl fully dissociates to a completed reaction wheras ethanoic sets up an equilibria and thus isn't as corrosive

now hydrofluoric acid...thats fun...it actually goes deep into the skin before dissociating...this means that there is initially no pain...you wouldn't even notice it until it dissolved most of your skin off the affected area

even better when its diluted as it causes immense pain...but does hardly any damage evil face

if you want to go really silly...i suggest you look up Fluoroantimonic acid

-hh-
stomach acids between 1 and 2 and is dependant on the bodies homeostasis and is hydrochloric

the difference primarily being that stomach acid is a strong acid and concentrated ethananoic acid is a weak acid

the difference between strong and weak is how they dissociate in water...this means at the rate they give off hyrdogen ions...and whether or not equilibria are set up

HCl fully dissociates to a completed reaction wheras ethanoic sets up an equilibria and thus isn't as corrosive

now hydrofluoric acid...thats fun...it actually goes deep into the skin before dissociating...this means that there is initially no pain...you wouldn't even notice it until it dissolved most of your skin off the affected area

even better when its diluted as it causes immense pain...but does hardly any damage evil face

if you want to go really silly...i suggest you look up Fluoroantimonic acid evil face im getting ideas here evil face

thanks for info thumb up

jaden101
shit so it's not close to stomach acid erm

edit: i checked the link, it's only for vinegar, not distilled white vinegar

doesn't matter...vinegar of any type...be it white wine vineger or whatever..they are all forms of ethanoic acid which forms from the oxidation of ethanol...

thus in the distilled (concentrated) form...they are all concentrated ethanoic acid...which is what the link it for

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.