Jesus the teacher......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LilPOS
anyone ever seen stigmata? i kno its not entirely factual but jesus himself didnt believe people should go to church yet you do everyday in "his honor"? why?

JacopeX
Its a movie...

debbiejo
I didn't see stigmata, though I do believe that there is such a phenomenas. Just as with many strong beliefs, it can cause such miraculous things to happen. Happens in other societies with different beliefs as well.

As far as people going to church to honor Jesus, it would be cool if people actually did listen to his words, but instead they follow Pauls teachings more than Jesus. If only the Bible would be revamped and only consisting of the words of Jesus.

leonheartmm
problem is the bible wasnt written FROM the words of jesus. the bible is neither the words of jesus nor the words of god that jesus claimed to hear{other than maybe a few quotes here and there which cant be validated}

Storm
I assume you are referring to this particular verse:

by St. Thomas. He is arguably the most popular chronicler of Jesus (outside organized Christianity). The Gospel of Thomas is a listing of 114 purported sayings of Jesus that emphasize the divinity within each person. Gnostic texts were found to be so threatening that many were destroyed or hidden, only to be rediscovered two thousand years later. Many of the gnostic concepts contradict the common Christian doctrine.

LilPOS
basically pauls a traitor anyways because mary magdalene was supposed to take over when jesus died but paul and some of the other apostles were jealous of mary's closeness with jesus

Gregory
Prove it.

LilPOS
lol ok prove gods existence....it cant be done......i mean basically hes not even there....therefor jesus wasnt his son....im not sayin he wasnt a great man and a mover of the masses.....but a holy man? cmon now

Gregory
Prove "mary magdalene was supposed to take over when jesus died but paul and some of the other apostles were jealous of mary's closeness with jesus."

As far as I know, the only source that quotes Jesus as talking about future leadership is, coincidentally, the Gospel of Thomas, and there he says that his brother, James the Just, should lead the church.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.