This is how spidey got his black costume in the cartoon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QykO6Jj-_Ug&search=Spider-man

In the comic he gets it via secret wars, but in the cartoon he gets it's on a space ship. So should this be how he gets it in the movie? (Clip has the whole alien costume story, and his fight with venom which ends with spidey beating venom in a totally differant to the way he beat him in the comic's).

spencerspider
cartoon I say....

steverules
Agreed, and it's the best way they can do it.

doctorstrongbad
Well they can't show the secret wars. That would be an entire movie by itself.

Drache53
Maybe a series... Like LOTR..

DigiMark007
It'll probably be more like Ultimate. The created the symbiote originally for medicinal purposes...like a suit that could augment your natural healing to cure cancer and stuff. It just went bad.

Anything involving aliens or spaceships might be a little too hard for an average movie-goer to digest. Fanboys would accept almost anything outlandish like in the comics...but Hollywood has to cater to the average fan as well, probably moreso than people like us since they're the main source of ticket sales.

If the 3rd movie does Venom (I'm still not convinced by that pic) it probably won't be anything like either the comic or the cartoon.

carnageandvenom
its a very choppy video

willRules
Originally posted by DigiMark007
It'll probably be more like Ultimate. The created the symbiote originally for medicinal purposes...like a suit that could augment your natural healing to cure cancer and stuff. It just went bad.

Anything involving aliens or spaceships might be a little too hard for an average movie-goer to digest. Fanboys would accept almost anything outlandish like in the comics...but Hollywood has to cater to the average fan as well, probably moreso than people like us since they're the main source of ticket sales.

If the 3rd movie does Venom (I'm still not convinced by that pic) it probably won't be anything like either the comic or the cartoon.

yes I agree

samishe
Originally posted by willRules
yes I agree

If Venom would be like in ult spidey i'll kill myself!

Yarr
Originally posted by samishe
If Venom would be like in ult spidey i'll kill myself!

lol get the razor ready because if venom is in SM3 there is no way in hell they can do it as well as the comics. Im almost willing to bet my house that the costume will be a lab project by Harry. Its also probably going to cause Harry to do something "good" at the end. Hes going to feel guilty.

redcaped
I agree...Pete needs a powerful speaker to beat Venom! GET A LIFE

spencerspider
I didn't like the whole cure ofr cancer idea. I mean medical purpose just makes it weird, Venom wel the symbiote is from space..

carnageandvenom
ecxactly

spencerspider
yep, ultimate should not be brought in

Knightfall93
Ulktimate's good until you think about Ult GG and venom...

Knightfall93
I didnt watch that episode... too choppy

spencerspider
I have all the Spiderman eps on dvd. It's pretty cool

Drache53
What is so bad about Ult. Venom? I mean, I agree that he's nothing like the original (THAT'S obvious) but really, WHAT is so bad about it? And don't give me the "Oh, it was a cure for cancer" nonsense. Give me a LOGICAL, reasonable explaination. I liked it, a lot. Maybe it's just that it was my kind of story, maybe I'm just TOO big of a Venom fan and love any appearence he has. I dunno..

P.S. And please, if you can't come up with a reasonable response, please don't say something redundant like: "Um, it was stupid! And you smell like poop! N00b! I just pwnd you!" Please!

Next Venom_girl
I agree, the cartoon version would be best for a movie adaption. Secret Wars would take too long to explain and the Ultimate version just wasn't as cool.

spencerspider
exactly, ultimate wasn't that great to me, I didn't enjoy it at all.

Knightfall93
Originally posted by Drache53
What is so bad about Ult. Venom? I mean, I agree that he's nothing like the original (THAT'S obvious) but really, WHAT is so bad about it? And don't give me the "Oh, it was a cure for cancer" nonsense. Give me a LOGICAL, reasonable explaination. I liked it, a lot. Maybe it's just that it was my kind of story, maybe I'm just TOO big of a Venom fan and love any appearence he has. I dunno..

P.S. And please, if you can't come up with a reasonable response, please don't say something redundant like: "Um, it was stupid! And you smell like poop! N00b! I just pwnd you!" Please! When I think about it, I actually quite like Ult Venom... I just get pissed at Ultimate because of GG, but the Ultimates pwn all! Ult Cap is so much cooler tha 616...

spencerspider
Some ultimate was better, most were worst..

steverules
Wow 2 pages, I made this thread ages ago. good to see it's still goin. Now all we need is to get Marcus and Knightfall on here at the same time, then they will argue for ages and ages and then my thread will go to 1000 post's. If not here then my spidey 4 thread.

Knightfall93
LMAO, Marcus ran away from here because everyone hates him, he virtually admitte it and he blames ME because he's about 6 and keeps reporting me...

steverules
Yeah, I went back a few pages and saw.

spencerspider
well.. I think they should use cartoon version of story in the movie.

steverules
Yeah, I agree. I think they may be doing it that way (I hope).

spencerspider
yea, introducing John Jameson shows that he is prob going to the moon.

steverules
I think it should be good to see how they do it. Being created in a lab would be good but, I prefer it coming from space because it's and Alien costume not a lab costume.

spencerspider
I know, especially now the lab experiments gone wrong stuff will get old. ALIENS! lol

Next Venom_girl
Originally posted by spencerspider
yea, introducing John Jameson shows that he is prob going to the moon.

Jameson's already been to the moon by Spider-man 2. I was kind of hoping they would find the symbiote on Mars (More likely to have life on it) or some errant meteor (could make a vague connection to the secret wars origin and have the alien be the "last of its kind" escaping some galactic war or something).

Have the creeping black ooze attack them on the shuttle like in the opening of Species 2. ("Years of training and I'm a Martian ditch digger"wink The alien spills out of the sample containers like oil and slowly, quietly, suspensfully creeps across the floor and then strikes out with three tendrils (for each of the astronauts) and the camera goes black... (best sequence in the movie IMO).

spencerspider
Mars is fine and so is meteor.

cain marko
i think that if they dont do it where the the suit is alien, which myt be a bit hard for none comic fans. i think harry osbourne should have his scientists create it but purposley put a flaw/infection init. spidey thinks harry is doing it to help him when infact he is trying to kill him.

Spideys Sister
Or harry could send Sandman to retrieve it for him. That's it. The meteor crash lands and Sandman is sent by Harry to investigate but spidey intervenes gets some of it on him after fighting with marko then when Sandy asks for a rematch Eddie pops up to take photos of the two fighting.

spencerspider
good idea

Spideys Sister
I rarely get one in.

Knightfall93
LOL, Venom should have th TAS origin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.