Korvac vs Ion and Superman 1 Million

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UniOmni
Who wins??

Mider
even if Korvac was at full power He would lose to Ion alone Ion is as strong or maybe stronger then parallax he could be everywere at once in comics his powers were so great he relit the GL battery nope he would win for sure i believe. and superman 1million being added is just an insult to injury to korvac.

UniOmni
would you say that Ion is more powerful than Eternity??

Mider
because he is? Parallax could have rewrote reality you think eternity can do that alot of beings even lower then parallax have incopasitated eternity and thus i think Ion would hand eternity his butt especially since Ion can become one with all there is on his reality.

UniOmni
But if Ion was in the MU, all that is in that reality is Eternity...... See the problem? At best, according to your rant, Ion becomes Eternity. And Korvac would just absorb him. Thats what he does.

Marcus4600
It was already determined in these forums that Galactus is more powerful than Paralax, and that there is no proof that Paralax could have re-wrote reality. Also, The Ion and Parallax are not the same. Parallax is an entity, while The Ion is Kyle Rayner. Parallax was subdued by willpower, and he is brought about by fear and madness. It doesn't make The Ion necessarily more powerful. If Korvac is at full power, than this is a spite thread. Pure and Simple.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Marcus4600
It was already determined in these forums that Galactus is more powerful than Paralax, and that there is no proof that Paralax could have re-wrote reality. Also, The Ion and Parallax are not the same. Parallax is an entity, while The Ion is Kyle Rayner. Parallax was subdued by willpower, and he is brought about by fear and madness. It doesn't make The Ion necessarily more powerful. If Korvac is at full power, than this is a spite thread. Pure and Simple.

1) No proof that Parallax could have re-hashed reality? Hmmm, that is interesting considering that the character basically was remaking the entire universe in his image.
To be honest with you, the best answer to your statement (that 'there is no proof that Parallax could re-write reality') is this: Read Zero Hour.
'nuff said on that point.

2) It hasn't been 'determined in these forums' that Galactus is more powerful than Parallax. Some people may have said big-G is more powerful than Parallax, but at the same time people have said that Colossus is stronger than Superman. Such comments lean more towards expressed opinion than actualized fact.

3) Parallax.
Parallax is the yellow-'impurity' (actually a malevolent living entity of fear and doubt that manifests itself).
However the term is also used to denote Hal Jordan, when he succumbed to the fear and evil of Parallax and absorbed all the power of Oa. He referred to himself as Parallax.
In most cases when people are referring to Ion and Parallax then mean Ion as Kyle Rayner when he has absorbed the power of Oa, and Parallax as Hal Jordan when he went mad (due to the machinations of the entity Parallax) AND ABSORBED THE POWER OF OA.
Parallax, the entity, is powerful on his own, but nowhere near the level he was when it was him in Hal Jordan PLUS the power of Oa.
Without that whole 'power of Oa' added to it, Parallax is just an entity that can be defeated by strong will (and is imprisoned in the power battery at Oa). Now, ADD the power of Oa to Parallax (in the way it was during Zero Hour when Hal went mad), and what happens .....basically a being that is able to unmake the universe, and then remake in his own image (and in the process have one of the greatest retcons to ever occur in the DC universe when the fellas over at DC tried to rectify some of the mistakes they made, and the loose ends they left, after the whole Crisis on Infinite Earths shebang).

Now, if the matchup is between Parallax ....the evil yellow entity of malevolent fear and doubt, then Korvac will absolutely wipe him out (I doubt Parallax could manipulate Korvac).
However, if by Parallax the original poster means Hal Jordan, taken over by the evil Parallax (i.e gone 'mad' with pain and grief at the destruction of his city), and having taken all the power of Oa as his own, then the scales change.

You seem to think that Korvac would automatically win. (Oh, and that this is a spite thread).
If you think it is against Parallax, the evil entity, then I would have to agree.
If however the original poster meant Hal Jordan (infected with grief and pain due to the machinations of Parallax seeping in after the destruction of Coast City by Mongul, and thereafter absorbing all the power of Oa and then going ahead to destroy the universe and remake it .....and succeeding in remaking it since the whole of DC was retconned) then I would have to disagree with you.

The nearest I can come to being on Korvac's side is saying that a full-powered Korvac (as he was when he was last written), versus Parallax (the entity + Hal + Oa), would result in the universe imploding.

Mider
galactus is not stronger then parallax, last time i checked i never saw galactus rewrite the universe. The GL force is also a fundemental power of the DCU i would think even greater then the power Galactus has. Even at full power i dont think galactus could take Ion nope not in my opinion. Anyway Korvac cant just absorb anyone he wants if he could he should have absorbed the avengers and other powerful beings with out worrying about them but then again that might have been contridictory to his plans but even in the what if were he is shown to have power greater then anyone in the universe he isnt more powerful then all the beings in the universe but for the purposes of this forum since they say its not canon but it is anyway to me since the LT was there and thus it should be canon since the LT is only one being and has no copies, so then id say he was defeated by the avengers in normal continuity how can he beat Ion if he is defeated by the avengers at normal continuity.

UniOmni
People always bring up Parallax rewriting the universe, but hye didn't do it on power alone. He was ingenius and used the leftover holes from the original COIE and did that. That wasn't a power feat, but an intelligence one.

Marcus4600
^ Thank you.

The Ion
Parallax used the Crisis energy to help restart the universe but that takes absolutely nothing away from his battle feats such as going toe to toe with The Spectre and all of the DCU's heros.

Sixth_Winged
Why the hell would korvac lose. This is basically the guy who killed an absurd amount of cosmic entities and absorbed their power.

Mider
yeah but none of those entitites were on par with Ion

Juntai
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Why the hell would korvac lose. This is basically the guy who killed an absurd amount of cosmic entities and absorbed their power. And Parallax destroyed reality as a whole and then went about recreating it, with one hand, while battling The Wrath of God and a host of heros with the other hand..
Which is the greater feat?

And ION is considered by most to be more powerful than Parallax, given he melded Parallax's energy with another source.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.