A Favor to ask from KotOR fans.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nactous
Hey guys its me Nac. I just want to say that I love KotOR, loved it back in 03 as much as I do today. I am also a Hasbro collector, and when I heard the 6th Fans choice poll was an open nominated poll, I jumped for the chance to nominate a KotOR character(Revan.) I make this topic to beg KotOR fans to vote in ToyFares contest, I know the issue containing the finalist comes out the 15. Although just rumor now, I have heard Revan, Malak, Bastila, Nihilus, and HK-47 are in the runing. So please, on wednesday, grab a ToyFare and in some way vote for KotOR, for I feel this is the only oppertuinity it will recieve to be put in plastic. sad
Happy Voting. big grin

Gamblor
http://www.rebelscum.com/c-afnnews.asp

This what you talking about?

Malak's in it... That's it.

Stalker 360
hey nac its darth yoda ill vote if i can id love to see revan and nihilus

Nactous
Thanks Darth Yoda.

Gamblor
Meh, screw it. I'm voting for Lando.

zephiel7
Revan? Hells yes!

Vote Revan, he's the next best thing to Jesus

:P

Darth Subjekt
hey...where can I read up on this guy Revan? He sounds like an interesting character...

Gamblor
Play KotOR... He's a cool, mysterious character.

Darth Subjekt
well, from what ive heard, mainly on here,(and correct me if im wrong) He was a powerful jedi, became a stronger Sith and then was the only person to go from the Darkside back to the lightside without dying, but in the process became even more powerful as a Jedi than he was as a sith or the first time as a Jedi. Is that right? Does anyone have a pic of him?

zephiel7
That is correct. If you play KOTOR you will learn a lot about Revan, through the main character that you play.

http://www.moscroatia.com/slike_za_enciklopediju/691_Darth_Revan_enc.jpg

Here is a fairly accurate picture depicting Revan as the dark lord

Tangible God
Though he wasn't known to wield two sabers that often.

zephiel7
Originally posted by Tangible God
Though he wasn't known to wield two sabers that often.

Really? I thought that was his chosen style.

Akechi Misuhide
Originally posted by zephiel7
Really? I thought that was his chosen style.

It was never stated what form he used... although from what we know of his character I would think that he would use perhaps a mix of Sorensu and Makashi.

Just look at the battle scene in the beginning of KOTOR. Revan just stands there totally at ease waiting for his adverseraries to make the first move. These are not the actions are practioner of Aratu or Shein would take or even Juyo. And obviously he did not know Vampadd since had yet to be created. Also I highly doubt a known warrior like him would have practiced Neman (is it spelled Numan? I forgot).

Nactous
So, who will vote?

Nactous
Originally posted by Gamblor
http://www.rebelscum.com/c-afnnews.asp

This what you talking about?

Malak's in it... That's it.
Yep.

Nactous
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
well, from what ive heard, mainly on here,(and correct me if im wrong) He was a powerful jedi, became a stronger Sith and then was the only person to go from the Darkside back to the lightside without dying, but in the process became even more powerful as a Jedi than he was as a sith or the first time as a Jedi. Is that right? Does anyone have a pic of him?
Look at my sig for an in game pic.

Gamblor
On second thought I'll vote for Revan. Let's vote for dual lightsaber Revan, because I lost one of my Ben Kenobi sabers >_<

It was never stated what form he used... although from what we know of his character I would think that he would use perhaps a mix of Sorensu and Makashi.

That stance still looked Juyo to me, but given his personality and his era, he most likely practised Soresu or Makashi.

zephiel7
Interesting observation. According to the Exile's memory, Revan was known for using the Zar'kai(dual saber) style of fighting.

I find it difficult to picture Revan using Soresu, since he lived in a time where lightsaber duels were more common. He was dueling five other Jedi knights at the time, who had Bastila with them. Wouldn't it make more sense for him to let one of them make a mistake and pick them all off one at a time.

Gamblor
Soresu is excellent at saber to saber. Second best, behind Makashi, IMO.

And it's also great at deflecting blaster bolts. Woulda helped him a ton in the mandalorian wars.

Akechi Misuhide
I mean a mix of soresu and Makashi not just Soresu by itself.

Nactous
So, who will vote for Revan tommorrow?

DarthBanevv
How do you vote? And where?

Nactous
I dont know yet.

DarthBanevv
OK, we're all supposed to vote for Revan, yet nobody knows how?

w00t2112
Wouldn't Revan learn all the styles of lightsaber combat, and most likely perfecting his Makashi?

Nactous
Okay, here it is. http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazines/toyfare/TF20060313-tf.cfm
Go, copy, paste, vote Revan.

Nactous
?

DarthBanevv
I voted for Revan.

discipleofzod
In KOTOR2 when The Exile faces him in Ludo Kressh's tomb (I think it was here), he wields two sabers.

DarthBanevv
Numan, why must you keep coming back? You're like a disease.

discipleofzod
Sorry but who are you? I think this is the first time we have directly spoken.

DarthBanevv
It is. But you've gotten on my nerves from what I've seen posted by you. I think you have gotten on everybody's nerves. I think that it's gotten so bad that somebody you don't even know is reporting you, just beause he saw what you have posted.

Nactous
Say what?

Belegūr
I voted for Revan, and then Commander Neyo later, on a different server. wink

Revolver Ocelot
I voted Revan, but I wanted to vote HK (was he there? I don't remember).

It's good that we all voted for the same guy though. If our votes were split, no KOTOR character could get through.

Belegūr
HK-47 is still in the top 25.

ThoraxeRMG
Revan's great.
He didn't fall to the Dark Side.
He went there to save the galaxy.
To save it he had to take it over.

DarthBanevv
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
Revan's great.
He didn't fall to the Dark Side.
He went there to save the galaxy.
To save it he had to take it over. He did go to the dark side. For the right reasons, but he did go to the dark side, nonetheless.

Nactous
More votes.

DarthBanevv
How will we find out if Revan wins?

Nactous
Soon.

DarthBanevv
Good. Will you post the results?

Nactous
Yes.

DarthBanevv
Great.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.