This is ridiculous.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Revernd Maynard
I'm sure you have all heard of the popular journal www.xanga.com, right? If you haven't then its a site where little kids go to tell the world about how emo they are and how everyone hates them. I'm i'm offending some Xanga users, than good. Shut up.

ANYWHO, my brothers friend got expelled from school two days ago for writing a comment about him wanting to kill someone in his Xanga.

So now he cant go to school in this area, so he's screwed. All because some kid that had it out for him, turned him in to the principal and then they had to take immediat action.

Isn't this rediculous? It angers me, to the fullest.

Do you think that this is just? I mean, he's in junior high, he lives in the subburbs, in a all white christian town? What the hell is going on. mad

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Revernd Maynard

ANYWHO, my brothers friend got expelled from school two days ago for writing a comment about him wanting to kill someone in his Xanga.

Well, yeah making death threats on the internet is rather ridiculous.

Revernd Maynard
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Well, yeah making death threats on the internet is rather ridiculous. Well, this kid is rather "Gothic" and "devilish" so just saying "I'm going to kill you" over the damn internet, and getting expelled from schooll

Expelled=not being able to go back to that school EVER again.

i mean, come on. He's ****ing 13 (pardon my french)

meep-meep
Maybe your friend shouldn't have a threatened the other kids life.

Why the hell do you incite emo people anyway?

What's your problem with them?

dave123
Emu eek!

meep-meep
I'm sorry that came out a little harsh.

Anyway, I suppose the people who made the decision to expel the kid should have looked at the context of the message instead of expelling him right off of word of mouth.

You would think a person in that position would do a little research before ending a child's education.

meep-meep
Originally posted by dave123
Emu eek!

big grin

Revernd Maynard
Originally posted by meep-meep
Maybe your friend shouldn't have a threatened the other kids life.

Why the hell do you incite emo people anyway?

What's your problem with them? Well, i can understand EMO in other parts of the world, where you have a reason to be depressed, but my brother is "emo" and he gets whatever the hell he wants, he has no reason to be depressed.Originally posted by meep-meep
I'm sorry that came out a little harsh.

Anyway, I suppose the people who made the decision to expel the kid should have looked at the context of the message instead of expelling him right off of word of mouth.

You would think a person in that position would do a little research before ending a child's education. Yes, yes i do. You dont know this god forsaken town. filled to the brim with christian people ( and not the good kind) The kind that try to spread "The Word" to everyone else. DAMNIT I'M SO PISSSSSSSSSSSED mad

dave123
http://www.chaffeezoo.org/images/emu.gifdanceemo

ILoveMyDaniel
I'm sure you have all heard of the popular journal www.xanga.com, right? If you haven't then its a site where little kids go to tell the world about how emo they are and how everyone hates them. I'm i'm offending some Xanga users, than good. Shut up.

So now he cant go to school in this area, so he's screwed. All because some kid that had it out for him, turned him in to the principal and then they had to take immediat action.

Do you think that this is just? I mean, he's in junior high, he lives in the subburbs, in a all white christian town? What the hell is going on. mad
That's why I don't have a Xanga. I have VF, FTJ, and Myspace.

Capt_Fantastic

It's hard to respond to this situation. You know this kid personally and others who are expressing their opinion on this situation do not. However, death threats are not to be taken lightly in this day and age. As for the town in which he lives, it sounds like the kind of place school shootings happen.

Alpha Centauri
Please, for the love of all deities, stop misusing the word "emo".

It's getting pathetic.

Secondly, making death threats is rather stupid isn't it?

-AC

fruits
that's the stupides thing i've ever heard. well actually it depends on teh context. if it was like, gosh i hate him, i wish i could just kill him. then this is absurd. but if it was like, i swear to f-in god im gonna get a gun and shoot him in the head and watch him bleed and kick him in the shins, then it's a little bit more understandable....but if it was just him saying it i think for one tht is against freedom of speech, and two invasion of privacy

Crease
Well, I wasn't fortunate enough to grow up in the suburbs and attend a nice "white christian" school. That said, had I threatened anyone with so much as a spitball they'dve kicked my @$$ out of school quicker than you can lose an arm in a lightsaber duel and not thougt twice about it. That said, I've got no sympathy for him...wow that felt good

Revernd Maynard
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Please, for the love of all deities, stop misusing the word "emo".

It's getting pathetic.

Secondly, making death threats is rather stupid isn't it?

-AC Well yeah

and...there's a correct use for the term "emo"? confusedOriginally posted by fruits
that's the stupides thing i've ever heard. well actually it depends on teh context. if it was like, gosh i hate him, i wish i could just kill him. then this is absurd. but if it was like, i swear to f-in god im gonna get a gun and shoot him in the head and watch him bleed and kick him in the shins, then it's a little bit more understandable....but if it was just him saying it i think for one tht is against freedom of speech, and two invasion of privacy The first one, the "I want to kill him" non threatening....Originally posted by Crease
Well, I wasn't fortunate enough to grow up in the suburbs and attend a nice "white christian" school. That said, had I threatened anyone with so much as a spitball they'dve kicked my @$$ out of school quicker than you can lose an arm in a lightsaber duel and not thougt twice about it. That said, I've got no sympathy for him...wow that felt good How do you get a light saber reference? confused

FeceMan

So it's just like LiveJournal?

Revernd Maynard
Originally posted by FeceMan
So it's just like LiveJournal? yeah yes

Makedde
Saying you want to kill someone, and going out and actually doing it, are two different things. This is an overreaction.

KidRock
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a253/Slash_5000/6820055237.jpg

Mišt
laughing

Fishy
A bit harsh if you ask me, and way over the top... What does a school have to do with what is said in an on line thingie anyways? Its none of their damned business, what surprises me more, is how idiotic is this friend of yours to not talk himself out of this? A simple "That account isn't mine" or "I didn't pot that" would have been enough, and if they can't show any hostile behaviour between him and the kid he threatened he should be home free... But still if this is how it really happened then the school completely overreacted.

Mindship
Welcome to Planet Columbine.

Darth_mistress
Originally posted by meep-meep
big grin

I agree that this is an invasion of privacy. I'm sure if the child really wanted to kill the other kid he would have done so. I am unfarmilliar with Xanga, but I do know that on myspace you can make certain blog entries private so situations like this don't happen. Here in my school myspace was banned because of a certain blog entry that a girl wrote addressed to another girl. I think that if it wasn't being done in the school, the school should not be involved. As for who should and should not be depressed... who are you to decide who can be emo and who has no right? Thats like saying only African-American's should be listening to rap (please excuse the poor analogy) Everyone is entitled to whatever emotion they feel regardless of where they live in the world.

Darth_mistress
*Tried to quote a post from the previous page...didn't work.
*Also tried to edit previous post....didn't work.

Joscail
Okay, Revernd Maunard, you're a bit ridiculous.

"So now he cant go to school in this area, so he's screwed."

So there is absolutely NO schools within an hours drive of where you live? There is only one school in exsistence? & let me guess, absolutely NO such thing as home school right? Just because a person gets expelled from ONE school doesn't mean "he's screwed" he's only screwed if he actually DID kill another person. But he didn't, so if your brother's friend wants to do something with his life & not be a bum saying "It was da ***king school's fault I ain't doing nuffin with ma life" when really it wasn't all he has to do is get off his arse & enroll in another school.

"...its a site where little kids go to tell the world about how emo they are and how everyone hates them."

If it's where they go to tell the world how emo they are * how everyone hates them why is he making death threats?

"my brothers friend got expelled from school two days ago for writing a comment about him wanting to kill someone in his Xanga."

Okay, I'll let you in on a little secret about the way some peoples minds work. Lets go hypothetical to do it. Lets pretend Your brothers friend wasn't expelled & the school just dismissed this as nothing but immiture boys being boys online. Then lets pretend your brothers friend actually DID kill this other boy. The distraught mother of the dead boy then points a finger at the school, saying that they were irresponsible & did not take the required action against this boy. They knew that the boy had bad intentions against the dead boy, but did NOTHING about it. Then the police are gonna look at it & say "The mother has a point" The school will then be looking at a lot of trouble. So the school had a responsibility to remove a potential threat, not just to another life but to the integrity of their department. No matter how small & insignificant the threat seemed.
Now lets look at it another way, if your best friend wrote in an online diary that she was depressed & had a bottle of pain killers & was going to kill herself with them would you just wave your hand & say "It's just the internet! It's nothing serious, don't worry!" Or would you call her/go see her & ask her how she is, offering your support.
The school cannot dismiss this post the same you you wouldn't dismiss your friend if that were to happen.

"All because some kid that had it out for him."

Geez, I thought it was YOUR BROTHERS FRIEND making the death threats...sounds more like he had it out for this "some kid".

"in a all white christian town."

Religion has nothing to do with this. If you are suggesting that we dismiss him of all doubt just becaus he lives in an "all white christian town" then you should seriously reconsider the way you think.

"this kid is rather "Gothic" and "devilish" so just saying "I'm going to kill you" over the damn internet..."

Gothic
1. emphasizes the grotesque, mysterious, and desolate.
2. gothic Barbarous; crude.

Devilish
Of, resembling, or characteristic of a devil, as:

1. Malicious; evil.
2. Mischievous, teasing, or annoying.

So who are you implying is grotesque, Barbaric & malicious? The one doing the death threats? Wouldn't surprise me.

"You dont know this god forsaken town. filled to the brim with christian people ( and not the good kind) The kind that try to spread "The Word" to everyone else."

So you're NOT saying he's Chriatian...you're saying it's because of Christians he's screwed? So if you're anywhere near Christians who like to spread there religion (don't get me wrong I hate that) then the people who make death threats will be punished...sorry but I agree with the Christains on this one.

""I want to kill him" non threatening...."

Gee, since when did "I want to kill him" become not threatening?

Ronny

Do you think that this is just? I mean, he's in junior high, he lives in the subburbs, in a all white christian town? What the hell is going on. mad I agree it is ridiculous. I make murder threats all the time on the internet. Cause I blog on myspace... but not emo blogs.. like random thoughts..

sometimes I say like "What a ****ing whore i want to smash her face into the pavement" but it doesnt mean I'm going to do it.

I was watching something like this on the news at 10 when i was flipping though basic tv. and It was talking about stuff like that.

Alot of the time, when a kid REALLY want s to kill someone, they wont say so on the internet for everyone to see.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by ILoveMyDaniel
That's why I don't have a Xanga. I have VF, FTJ, and Myspace.

Do you have thefacebook.com?

botankus
Originally posted by Ronny
"What a ****ing whore i want to smash her face into the pavement"
"Tune in tonight at 10 as msnbc probes the newest face in murder...Ronny.
Find out how her threat on KMC led authorities to link her to 37 murders committed throughout America. They've called her the Insane Buffy killer...mostly because she looks like Buffy from time to time, and the fact that she's also insane."

Ronny
Originally posted by botankus
"Tune in tonight at 10 as msnbc probes the newest face in murder...Ronny.
Find out how her threat on KMC led authorities to link her to 37 murders committed throughout America. They've called her the Insane Buffy killer...mostly because she looks like Buffy from time to time, and the fact that she's also insane." laughing I see you can look in to the future? QUIET DEAMON *kills*

hehe Kidding

botankus
laughing I see you can look in to the future? QUIET DEAMON *kills*

Looking over your post, I'm not seeing any evidence here that you were kidding. whistle stick out tongue

*calls police*

Ronny
stick out tongue haha.

No seriously though, I dont think anyone takes kids serious on the internet. And how is a 13 year old going to kill someone.. They weigh like.. 70 pounds

Grand Moff Gav
Originally posted by Mindship
Welcome to Planet Columbine.

Thats what I thought!

Is it not sad that in the western world in the world, kids have to go through security? I Britain if I really wanted I could go into any school in the country and kill half a dosen people.

Oh damn I made a death threat on the internet! I'm going to get in in the neck!!!

Ahh the FBI!

Arachnoidfreak
stick out tongue haha.

No seriously though, I dont think anyone takes kids serious on the internet. And how is a 13 year old going to kill someone.. They weigh like.. 70 pounds

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nevada-tan

Pandemoniac
It's bullshit. Crap, if tutors were to take the insults and threats that are made on every schoolyard as seriously as they took that online post, they would have to expel 90% of the scholars.
Violence in any form should always have the attention of supervisors in order to prevent or correct it, but the reactions in this situation are more based on paranoia instead of wisdom.

Captain Falcon

Do you think that this is just? I mean, he's in junior high, he lives in the subburbs, in a all white christian town? What the hell is going on. mad let me rephrase it, "christian town"

jnr hiphop

Okay... I know I may be a little late into this topic, and more people might have said the same thing already, but let me just make my POV.

First, I would like to tell you that you're being offensive. Okay, maybe you don't like the people on Xanga for some reason (I assume it's because "some" people there are emo), but not everyone on Xanga are like that.

Anyway about your brother's friend. Most schools wouldn't want a student who wants to kill someone. Alright, maybe expelling him just for that is a bit harsh, but still, it shouldn't anger you to the fullest. He's not even your friend is he? And if it angers you to the fullest, did you do anything about it apart from simply posting it in forums? Since you didn't mention anything like it, I assume you didn't. Therefore it's just hard to believe that it angers you that much. I'd say you're just saying that to sound cool or something, or it's either that you're just lazy. If you get what I mean.

Knightfall93

Do you think that this is just? I mean, he's in junior high, he lives in the subburbs, in a all white christian town? What the hell is going on. mad LOL, I read soething in a tabloid, someone threatened to kill someone else and that person apparently ried to get the feds on him... the guy got banned and SACKED FROM HIS WORK, then put arrested... How ridiculous is that?

Joscail
You want to know what's pathetic...someone getting so worked up about a school doing their job.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.