"Happy" Independence Day

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
I don't know about you people, but my Independence Day was no where near happy:

My Independence Day wa one whole pile of smelly shit. It started off with my sister being baby-sat by me, so I couldn't play with my friends. After my dad and bro returned home, my bro and sis became nightmares and bugged the hell out of me. Then my grandma (my mom's mom) phoned us and said that my grandpa (my mom's dad) had had a heart attack and things were looking pretty bad. At around 6:00, my grandma (my dad's mom) said that things were looking REALLY bad for my grandpa at the hospital. Finally my dad came to my grandma's around 8:00, and told me that my grandpa had been dead before my grandma (my mom's mom) had even called. She just didn't want to believe he was dead, that or she didn't know.

Yesterday my mom and dad had been so happy. They had their 15th wedding anniversary on July 3rd. Today our country was probably around 230 years old, and then my grandpa died at around 70 with a heart attack.

My dad told me that my grandpa had died as soon as the heart attack hit him. He was dead before my grandma could call the paramedics. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

Captain REX
Now I have no grandfathers. I never even said good bye to him. I told my grandma (dad's mom) that when my grandfathers died, it was almost like they were using electricity. When my grandfather (dad's dad) died in September 1997, it was like the batteries were running low. When my grandfather (mom's dad) died today, it was like someone pulled the plug.

sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

Texas
Poor Rex! I'm so sorry.

Captain REX
Yeah, I've gone through this before...very sad. sad I did a report on my grandpa in school during 8th grade. I'm thinking of adding a memorial section to him. The essay was about his life, from beginning to whatever is happening now. He was born in 1933. He loved to teach. He was the leader and mastermind of a business called California Weekly Explorer, which would send out presentors to teach kids about the history of CA, or the Revolutionary War, or Lewis & Clark, or stuff like that. He loved history. His office at work is FULL of books, about stuff from Al Capone to WWII.

I think I'm gonna cry again. sad

yerssot
condoleance sad

LaurenE147
Read my PM to you, Rex. It might help a little. I hope.

My condolences to Bespin Bart also.

Bad Boy
Sorry!

ToMacco
That sucks.

LanceWindu
Yeah it does.

I've lost two grandpa's also.

Both from my one grandma.

One died when my dad was 16 and the other died sometime in 1997.

Captain REX
Yeah. I'll miss him...a lot. Last I saw him we were at the beach celebrating Father's Day and my little sister's b-day. And I kept having the same dreams that I had when my dad's dad died in September 1997.

There was five things EXTREMELY lame about his death:

1) I'll never get to talk to him till I'm dead
2) He died while he was WORKING on PAPERS
3) Six stints couldn't save him
4) He missed the fireworks down here and instead saw them up in heaven
5) My little brother and sister just shrugged and went "Oh," like him dying was no big deal, and I wish I could beat them up

I haven't been able to tell any of my friends, because they're all at their stupid jr. guards life guard training.

Captain REX
I put a little memorial to my grandpa in my sig. sad sad sad

LaurenE147
I'm sure he'll appreciate that. *pats Rex comfortingly*

yerssot
rex, about your brother and sister,
they have another way of dealing with it. They don't want to admit the problem, they just want to be left alone now with it, with no one reminding them of it

Captain REX
Are you sure? They were just as rambunctious as before they were told.

My father would have held it back, but he told me because if he didn't I'd know something was wrong. sad

yerssot
I'm very sure, happens a lot of times with lots of people

Captain REX
Hmm, you're probably right.

yerssot
*tempted to say "am I not always"*

Captain REX
Don't say it.

yerssot
why not?

Captain REX
Uh...I don't know.

yerssot
ha! tought so! stick out tongue

Captain REX
roll eyes (sarcastic)

LaurenE147
He has enough to think about without you making him sick to his stomach.

Captain REX
My three of my cousins (from Oregon and Kentucky) and my aunt Susan and uncle Steve (from Kentucky and Hawaii) and my great aunt (from Arizona) and my family went to church with my grandma today.

The funeral is on Tuesday at the church where my uncle Dana and aunt Debbie were married. Then we'll bury him at the cemetary where his mom is buried.

keokiswahine
my heartfelt condolences, Rex. Rest assured:

1. You can always talk to your grampa, for he is always here (points to heart) in your heart. You are as close to him as your thoughts, just as you talk to God in your mind, talk to your grampa in your mind. those telepathic messages will reach grampa in heaven; listen for grampa's replies.

2. He was called away doing what he liked best. In other words, he lived life to the fullest when he left earth.

3. "Andrew" came for him; it was his time.

4. He was watching the fireworks from a great observation point.

5. Your siblings are dealing it as best as they can. You can help them deal with "death" better by being more patient, understanding, and a wild hug once in awhile, so they know all is normal here on earth.

Grampa left without extended suffering; for that, we thank God.

Feel free to PM me anytime.

keo

LaurenE147
Amen.

Captain REX
Thanx you guys. I'm feeling much better, although I'm going to the viewing (maybe). I don't know if I should or not, I just feel like it's the right thing to do but I don't want to do it, but it'll be the last time I see his face. I'm going crazy!

My sister acts more confused than sad.

ToMacco
poor Rexie.

Gundark
My deepest sympathy, Rex.

I'll light a candle at Mass next Sunday for ya.

LaurenE147
Is your sister not quite sure what death is?

Gundark
It may just be her way of dealing with this stage of grief.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.