Sentinel (Alan Scott) vs Dr. Strange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheKahn
Hope this isn't a repeat. They get their standard equipment but no prep.

Who wins? velho

GODSCRIBE
I was going to make this EXACT thread. Phrased the exact same way as well.

great minds I guess.

hmm, this is a tough one. depends on how fast Dr. Strange can turn him into a cheesy poof, or send him into the Dark Dimension. I wonder if Al can break through a hundred cyttorak bands.

it will be an interesting fight to see.

TheKahn
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE

it will be an interesting fight to see.

Hopefully wink

thesilverspider
Alan wins 8/10 if Strange gets no prep.
with prep for Strange it's about 5/10 even 6/10.

GODSCRIBE
Strange can stand up to the might of the I.G...a GL ring aint doing much.

thesilverspider
Strange can stand up to the might of the I.G...a GL ring aint doing much.
For one Stange ain't stand up to the I.G but the gems being used seperately.......

And Sentinel is not a regular Green Lantern.......... stick out tongue

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by thesilverspider
For one Stange ain't stand up to the I.G but the gems being used seperately.......

And Sentinel is not a Green Lantern.......... stick out tongue

touche

hmm, it would have worked on golem. oh well.

thesilverspider
touche

hmm, it would have worked on golem. oh well.
Was that a stab at GOLEM.......... eek!

DigiMark007
Alan can teleport. The bands aren't of much use here. Also, Alan doesn't age...his power allows him this control over himself. Anyone with that sort of (magical) control over their own being isn't getting transmuted by Strange.

This would probably end in a draw most of the time. Both have insanely high potential, and are also both plenty strong at normal levels too.

Warmonger
Strange beats Sentinal the smae way Mordu did. By removing the star-heart.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Warmonger

PIS....he had exactly zero shields up...any self-respecting GL (with a decent writer) always has them. We do have to remember that GL's are walking PIS machines in the hands of a bad writer. They can be Skyfather level, and then job to Deathstroke in the next panel.

And by this point, he's back to just a ring...he no longer has the Starheart inside of himself.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Warmonger

Mordru > Strange. Mordru is equal to Nabu. They are both Godlike.

Warmonger
Originally posted by jrodslam
Mordru > Strange. Mordru is equal to Nabu. They are both Godlike.

Strange has quite a few-godlike feats under his belt as well.

Warmonger
But on topic doesn't Scott still have his weakness to wood?

long pig
Mordru isn't > Strange.

And teleporting doesn't help in the crimson bands, it keeps anyone from going anywhere, it even locks your astral form (basically even your sould can't excape).

Strange DID stand up to the I.G with the gems all at once...TWICE.

Against warlock, he said it was a momentary stalemate due to nearly equal power when Warlock used the full gauntlet. The second time he shielded himself and three others from the I.G's effect with one spell.

Still, this is bloodlusted Strange who won't hesitate to use black magic or steal Adam's soul. Strange with black magic is probably twice as powerful as Strange without Black Magic.

Marcus4600
Sentinel is cool and all, but Strange is in a league of his own. He's beaten guys that Alan Scott couldn't touch, so I don't really think this is a contest.

Wally West
I really do not believe Strange is an equal or anything close to the IG. I mean he did abosolutely nothing to Thanos when he had the Gauntlet, and as soon as Nebula realised what Strange had done she nullified him instantly and he didn't counter it (he'd had Warlock's help with prep too before that Nebula spell). Even the thing against Warlock was each of the gems in turn, and doesn't he say something like he sees into the future and sees Warlock destroying him in moments?

Yeah he can have some limited success against it, but hes no where near an equal to it like some people claim.

jrodslam
Originally posted by long pig
Mordru isn't > Strange.

Most wouldnt agree with that considering Mordru = Nabu. You yourself said that Nabu > Strange. I wouldnt say that Strange is equal to either. Not far behind, but not equal. But thats just mo.erm

Juntai
Originally posted by DigiMark007
PIS....he had exactly zero shields up...any self-respecting GL (with a decent writer) always has them. We do have to remember that GL's are walking PIS machines in the hands of a bad writer. They can be Skyfather level, and then job to Deathstroke in the next panel.

And by this point, he's back to just a ring...he no longer has the Starheart inside of himself. But it says SENTINAL in the thread, which is what he was, when he was the embodiment of the Starheart and able to draw on it's full potential.
Sentinal was just a consciousness with near-limitless magical energy of the starheart to draw and utilize. He only had a form because he WILLED it to be so.

And he's back to a ring, but it's no normal ring. It's a piece of the starheart, and I don't think it needs charging either. Then again he hasn't had many appearances since.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.